PDA

View Full Version : Slightly funny experiences...

Cahaun
10-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Anyone notice the anger in the farming of scaled items? (obviously you did but this is an intro) Anyways I was on my alt Abekrie because that is the only character I can conveniently get in for free and is lvl 34 so this is what I am using.

First experience happened when I got in the normal way (Shifty) and almost immediatly got yelled at by a person,(believe or not) who happens to have the word "twink" and "pvp" in the name, and then carries on to grumble on saying things like "Stupid lvl 30's". What makes this funny is that afterwards I got into a lvl 30's party yelling at a lvl 60 lol. It carries on.

Another experience, which is my favorite, is when I battled my way through the first lvl and just defeated the Headmistress to beat the boss when this group of low lvls come in and demanded that I leave because of my lvl. (Lol gotta love these twinkers)

Just some funny experiences. Do you have any? :)

Suentous PO
10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Good to see you maintained some humor amidst this crud! Me- I'm farmin lv 20 a lot yesterday, got so used to it that at the start of one game I see two lv 50ish, me, (20) and one guy about at 14. I glance at the chat & see blabididybla "farming" bla bla " leave" ect. Being that I have been using the join screen with filters set at under lv 22, I ignore for a while thinking the high lvs will figure it out. Turned out on closer inspection the had been yelling at me the whole time as theyre trying for high gear. It became noticeable that it takes less time to leave than sort things out or explain. I'd rather catch a pink than scrap with folk. Cheers

Fyrce
10-19-2011, 10:35 AM
There used to be this view that Smash-O-Lantern was extremely difficult. Maybe these guys wanted more high levels to help them with the "difficult" boss? Maybe?

Other than that, I have no clue. LOL.

Suentous PO
10-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Right?! Meybe they thought it backwards where I was gonna cause a "worthless" lv 20 to drop. It's less stressful to go back to the join than kvetch. At that time the 20s were worth about ten times the lv 60s in cs.
Whachagunado?

MaxGen
10-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Are drops scaled the same in the Halloween runs as the regular game? ie: lvl 22 to get a lvl20 drop and lvl 23 will produce a lvl 25 drop.

My lvl21 bear came into a lvl20 game and I was immediately set upon by the existing players. They were really aggressive, swearing at me (getting around the censor of course), calling me a noob, wishing for my death. I have never seen so much aggression.

As far as I know, I wasn't impacting the lvl of their drops. That was what convinced me to just ignore people when they ask me to leave from now on. Really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Suentous PO
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
You were ok. If your going for 20 then it will still drop with an all 22 team, however the difficulty level at lower levs is supposed to give you a better chances as a group. Altho I can attest that even if his dot is red you can still get pinks. That may be what they were concerned with.
-a boy named Sue

Oldcoot
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I went in using the "go to" just to do quest, got jumped on and left confused. Tried again and got jumped again stayed and got my quest. Found out later they were farmers. I hope they choke on it because I would like a pink as much as them! But I'm not going back to be jumped on again guess I'll just miss out on that one!

seller
10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
i went to farm pumpkin king and this level 20 kept yelling at me calling me a noob just because he wanted the loot even though i have almost been playing a year and im lvl 43

Cahaun
10-19-2011, 04:03 PM
The problem is greed. They aren't celebrating, they just want money.
P.s. Not all. Just the rotten apples.
P.s.s twinks are funny (in my perspective) :)

Fyrce
10-20-2011, 02:04 AM
There's no call to be rude. I have toons in a farming guild (Farming Legends) and we're ok with farming at all levels.

Generally, if I'm the one who's 1st in the game, I'll stop when high levels join and they always leave on their own [crosses fingers]. I know other low levels just instantly leave when a high level joins. There is NO swearing or name calling.

If I'm joining someone else's game, I'll either stay for drops (I know what level the drop is likely to be) or I'll leave. There is no need to be rude.

I don't even mind low level leeches. Some of them are quite hilarious -- one runs right to Smackers and dies right there. At least he gave his life. LOL. Sometimes I revive him and he tries to help out.

Palyna
10-20-2011, 03:22 AM
hahaha~ ya, its rather amusing. today I went into the halloween map with my level 21 and there was this level 20 who was really fierce when he saw high level joining our games, he kept calling them high level noobs.

I realised that he always tried to get in through the normal way, so I explained to him that he can join games with level 20s only through the "join game" function instead of payng 1000 to shifty skeleton to get in.