View Full Version : Different weapon position?

Perceval
07-21-2017, 07:24 AM
I had the idea in the back of my mind for a while. Now i'm kinda bored it seems right to make a thread about it. Would it be possible to create a weapon position that is different from the original one? then allow us to be able to choose which we prefer via an in game system (original or new)?

Please note, upon using the auto attack button or a skill, or even being hit, these positions would switch to the regular battle stance.

These new weapon positions can be introduced just like the new emote packages in the store and sold for platinum.

Warrior two-handed sword
Already awesome (my opinion)

Warrior sword and shield

Mage staff
Held from lower down of course :wink:

Mage gun
Can't really see how another position would work (my opinion)

Rogue bow

Rogue dagger
162522 162523 162524

What do you think guys?

Awakebot
07-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Nice idea :)

Ydra
07-23-2017, 11:09 AM
Mage gun
Can't really see how another position would work (my opinion)

Great idea overall. Of course this should not be at the top of STS's to-do list, as it doesn't change gameplay in any way.

In regards to the gun, it could be held with one hand only, instead of the normal two-hand stance.

Systemdamage
07-23-2017, 02:34 PM
good bro :)

Perceval
07-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Great idea overall. Of course this should not be at the top of STS's to-do list, as it doesn't change gameplay in any way.

In regards to the gun, it could be held with one hand only, instead of the normal two-hand stance.
Just felt something new would be good, at this point in time anyway.

Zylx
07-24-2017, 01:39 AM
In passive stance, the gun could be sheathed on the mage's back, although i believe the character model has the guns basically attached to the mage's hand so it could be a more difficult thing to change than it seems.

Perceval
07-24-2017, 02:25 AM
In passive stance, the gun could be sheathed on the mage's back, although i believe the character model has the guns basically attached to the mage's hand so it could be a more difficult thing to change than it seems.
I think its really when you put any other gun position into the perspective of mage height. Because most mage guns are (I believe) taller than themselves.

Still, maybe STS can make something work.

I've always wanted to see mages with their hands free and a floating orb or book as their weapon.

Bug
07-24-2017, 04:06 AM
Not bad but the only prob is with mage staff since mage are small and some of the staff might be long (if you know what i mean)