PDA

View Full Version : Ambassadors of Alterra introduce yourself!

KTpantyhose
10-20-2011, 10:40 AM
general discussion. questions regarding game and etc. go.

Cascade
10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I am Cascade. My ambassador IGN is 'Kingofthefunk'. If you have any questions, ask.

WoundedEagle
10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi! About everyone knows me, but I am Wound or WE. I prefer WE. Very active in the community. And my ambassador twink name is: Twink.

That's all!
-we

KTpantyhose
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys! <3 I want to get our names out there for people who want to know where to go to for help :D

Yvonnel
10-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey everyone. Look me up. My ambassador twink is: Leucocephalus! Of course feel free to add the alts in the sig!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Diodge
10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone. Look me up. My ambassador twink is: Leucocephalus

Nice name. Leucocephalus

Is this the bird flu or a parasite?

Elyseon
10-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Feel free to ask for help anytime, Im in game a lot more the on forums so I'll be glad to help as much as I can. My ambassador's name is Elyseonhost :D

Lowlyspy
10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Howdy all, im lowly, people call me low. My ambassador twink's name is Holidayspy (he was gonna be my xmas farmer but im thinkin a name change is in order, maybe something like Lowlysage or Lowlyguru, something wise :p)

Lowlyspy
10-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone. Look me up. My ambassador twink is: Leucocephalus

Nice name. Leucocephalus

Is this the bird flu or a parasite?
I believe it is the scientific name for eagle, is it not?

Yvonnel
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
I believe it is the scientific name for eagle, is it not?

Yes. American Bald Eagle.

Here he is!

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/Mastermindds3/Pocket%20Legends/20111020084904.png

WoundedEagle
10-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Didnt I make a thread exactly like this in the private forums? I think you're getting the idea that ambassadors are the celebrities of PL, which I sincerely hope isn't true.
Hey Parf. I suppose the point of this thread was to announce who the AoA's were in the event anyone needed help - publicly. Evidentially, there is no way to avoid fame. And the fame is coming from the recognition we receive for doing our efforts. As Mod7 said, it was a filtered start-up list of people who everyone knew for their efforts before the club was out, for those who were suggested, and for those who seemed interested and weren't so popular. So Mod7 gave us a shot, and he will have to let some people go as this is a "non-job" job for those who endure the loving care they can give to the beginning community. Never hurts to give people a shot.

StompArtist
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Shouldn't you folks start with "Hello my name is xxxx and I am an AA"?

Gluttony
10-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I thought moderator7's thread served the purpose of introducing members publiclally.

It did that but it only listed the names of the players on forums, the names of the toons being used in game are not listed and this could be a good place for those if that is what is intended. I guess one could see it as a bragging thread, but I didn't get that impression. Perhaps the op could update this thread to add the names of the toons that everyone is using and this could be a very productive thread in the end.

WoundedEagle
10-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Your claim is completely valid. The thing is, I already made an exact same thread, which she was cognizant of. That's why I'm perplexed as to why she would create another, especially so similar to my thread. If it was for the purposes of announcements, Moderator7's thread would have sufficed. I don't know about you, but it really bugs me when somebody creates a thread I already created previously, especially if they were aware of it.
The point like Gluttony said, this thread is public & not everyone knows us or the twinks we will be on.

Phoenixking
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Didnt I make a thread exactly like this in the private forums? I think you're getting the idea that ambassadors are the celebrities of PL, which I sincerely hope isn't true.
*lights flash around confetti shooting fans screaming red carpet walking* hey my fans!!!*blows kisses* I'm an aoa my twink is PHOENIXARMADA

Lma just KIDDING!!

WoundedEagle
10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
The fact still remains that it would have been respectful if she asked me or requested for me to make the thread, since I was the original person who made this thread. That's what I would have done/have done in the past at least.
It is just a thread. You said you basically thought it was a fame thread any ways. . .

StompArtist
10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Come on guys. No one cares who started the thread.

Rowdy71
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Hello kkattiee

KTpantyhose
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Hello kkattiee

hello rowdy! how are you today? have any questions or things you want to share with our friends in PL ?

Cascade
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree with Katie she makes a very valid arguement. But, we arn't here to debate we are here to help so lets change the subject! Welcome rowdy!

Whirlzap
10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Guys, please, just don't.

I don't see the point of this thread either though, isn't the Dev thread enough to announce you Ambassadors?

Cascade
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Guys, please, just don't.

I don't see the point of this thread either though, isn't the Dev thread enough to announce you Ambassadors?

This thread is here so the community can get to know us and ask questions. The thread Mod7 posted did not imply that.

StompArtist
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
There is a Squirrel in the tree in front of my office. Amazing creatures Squirrels.

Cascade
10-20-2011, 04:20 PM
There is a Squirrel in the tree in front of my office. Amazing creatures Squirrels.

Rainbow monkeys riding unicorns are better!

Edit: Now THIS is a debate ;)

WoundedEagle
10-20-2011, 04:23 PM
I will say mine again to diffuse the flame.

Hi! I am Wound or WE. I am an Ambassador of Alterra, The(Official) Doppelganger of Pocket Legends, A Senior member, and Guardian Of Alterra. I started PL in February of 2011 and joined forums the following month. I have two prized possessions that aren't tangible. One is the Wounded Farmer NPC for the Halloween Campaign and the other is the Star Legends quest: Wounded Ego's. Epic right. If you have any questions or want to know more about me, my main character is WoundedEagle and my Ambassador Twink is Twink.

That is all,
-we

Nick41324
10-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Hello everyone! Most of you know me as nick in game, but I'm sure quite a few of you don't know me. I was born in Rhode Island in 1995 and moved to Oklahoma back in 1998. I have 7 other siblings (8 counting myself). Back in 2000 my sister named grace passed away due to a hole in her heart. Then just 4 years later 2004 my mom had twins and both were born premature and both passed away. Everyone else is alive and well to this date.

I started playing pocket legends in the beginning of march and still play regularly every day. I try to help out as many people as possible, but I really cannot stand people begging or asking for money. I secretly have this thing going (not so secret any more) were I walk up to someone in cs that is wearing crap and over the lvl of 30. I just recently bought a lvl 32 a full shivering set mainly because he said he was using lvl 10-19 gear.
If you want to add me in game for help or what not add itemcollector.

Slush
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Well if you wanted to make your twinks be known you could have just pmed mod7 to update the thread.... Just looks like a fame thread to me.

StompArtist
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Well at this point if I was a new player I would be wondering about the AoA after reading this thread.

Requesting a thread delete in the interest of the program.

Sorry to everyone involved but that's how I feel.

Elyseon
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
How about if we argue on the private forum, or better yet not at all

Let's try to stay focused on what we are supposed to do :)

Slush
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Well if you wanted to make your twinks be known you could have just pmed mod7 to update the thread.... Just looks like a fame thread to me.

I just got down repped with the reason "Haters gon hate". How pathetic.

Zeus
10-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Deleted all my posts for peace sake.

Yvonnel
10-20-2011, 05:49 PM
I am truly ashamed by this thread. This is sad behavior from all of those just appointed as an Ambassador. The really disappointing thing is that you are all respected members of th community. I expect better of all the folks that are here arguing like children.

I took this thread as exactly what it was, a way to introduce our actual twinks to the community.

Utter disbelief.......

Zeus
10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I am truly ashamed by this thread. This is sad behavior from all of those just appointed as an Ambassador. The really disappointing thing is that you are all respected members of th community. I expect better of all the folks that are here arguing like children.

I took this thread as exactly what it was, a way to introduce our actual twinks to the community.

Utter disbelief.......

I did overreact about it and I'm sorry regarding that matter. :) I'm pretty touchy though when it comes to regarding intellectual ideas.

Nick41324
10-20-2011, 05:59 PM
In my attempt to stop the war :P
Utter randomness :banana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDzV0W5WT5s

Zeus
10-20-2011, 06:01 PM
In my attempt to stop the war :P
Utter randomness :banana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDzV0W5WT5s

Think the war already ended, lol. :)

Nick41324
10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Think the war already ended, lol. :)
Then I'm making everyone happy XD
Just follow your nose! To the fruity taste that shows!!!

Zeus
10-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Then I'm making everyone happy XD
Just follow your nose! To the fruity taste that shows!!!

Rofl, but what if you like Trix? :D

blahggart
10-20-2011, 06:07 PM
I just got down repped with the reason "Haters gon hate". How pathetic.

then ill rep u up :D

Nick41324
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Rofl, but what if you like Trix? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2oNX_inRbg

Zeus
10-20-2011, 06:10 PM

LOL!

KTpantyhose
10-20-2011, 06:13 PM
it is ended. i wasn't trying to step on anyones toes. i merely wanted to create a thread for people to introduce themselves and reach out for people who needed help. i wanted people to be able to feel like they can trust us and understand that we're truly here to help. ya know. i want to apologize to everyone who is reading this on behalf of me being the op. if you have a problem please message me. i will answer any of your concerns. i'm trying my best to show you i can withhold this position i was so generously given.

~xoxo~

KTpantyhose
10-20-2011, 06:14 PM

nick you are silly ^__^' hehe <3

Darkfader
10-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Umm, I don't really see point of this thread. Few facts:

- we are on forums, everyone on forums knows names of ambassadors by announcement of mod7.
- those who read this, mostly have account on foums and can ask their question on forums and we can answer as ourselves not as our twinks.
- our twinks are made to help players ingame who doesn't ask their questions here / are new and don't know about forums.

Zeus
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM

- we are on forums, everyone on forums knows names of ambassadors by announcement of mod7.
- those who read this, mostly have account on foums and can ask their question on forums and we can answer as ourselves not as our twinks.
- our twinks are made to help players ingame who doesn't ask their questions here / are new and don't know about forums.

Those are valid points, but we are trying to put this thread to rest, lol. A lot of damage has already been done. Some of it, I didn't realize until I got on my computer and reread the entire thread. (I was posting on an iPhone in between 5 minute class intervals).

That being said. This is the most logical post I have seen relating to this thread.

Onaraasider
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM

- our twinks are made to help players ingame who doesn't ask their questions here / are new and don't know about forums. um... Let's think there r new ppl that always look on the forums and what do u think they tap? They tap what's is new and this forum pops up and says ambassadors of alterra introducing members. So they want to know more about program so the look it up in search bar they find more then soon learn what the ambassadors look like and what they do and how they will help u. So this thread is helpful and don't always dis on ppl threads

Zeus
10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
um... Let's think there r new ppl that always look on the forums and what do u think they tap? They tap what's is new and this forum pops up and says ambassadors of alterra introducing members. So they want to know more about program so the look it up in search bar they find more then soon learn what the ambassadors look like and what they do and how they will help u. So this thread is helpful and don't always dis on ppl threads

Yes, but I think he meant, since ambassadors are meant to help the players in the level 1-13 range, the majority of those don't even know how to work the game yet, let alone acknowledge the great forums that they have access too.

Onaraasider
10-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes, but I think he meant, since ambassadors are meant to help the players in the level 1-13 range, the majority of those don't even know how to work the game yet, let alone acknowledge the great forums that they have access too. actually there is a button that can lead u to forums if u press when I was new I pressed by accident and found many helpful things on forums

Zeus
10-20-2011, 06:48 PM
actually there is a button that can lead u to forums if u press when I was new I pressed by accident and found many helpful things on forums

Yes, you are correct and you were very intelligent to have clicked that. The thing I'm trying to get at though is, many don't know how to work the interface and the chance that they may accidentally hit the forums button and take interest in the forums is very slim.

Artemis
10-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Haiii im artemis. If yall dont know me or have never seen any of my posts, you must be living under a rock(:

Ambassador name is in sig. Artemystic for those to lazy to look(:

Navygreen
10-21-2011, 11:26 AM
So how has your time been so far? Has anyone approached you all in game yet or asked any questions? Im so curious haha. I love this program lol :)

Cascade
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh yeah people ask questions alot haha.

Elyseon
10-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes ive had several questions, and actually a lot of them have been from lvls 20s and 30s, so i guess we need to help a lot at the start to have people pretty well informed of the game by the time they get to balefort :D

Navygreen
10-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes ive had several questions, and actually a lot of them have been from lvls 20s and 30s, so i guess we need to help a lot at the start to have people pretty well informed of the game by the time they get to balefort :D

Oh wow, yeah I thought that might happen. You know there's still people who are in their lvl 40's and don't know a lot of game specifics. Even something like how to chat in a guild or the pros and cons of the CS; or where it's even located for that matter. I think that's why I like this so much because, not only are people who love this game rewarded with a good feeling for helping, they're also recognized by the Development team and the community for helping out. I think that's great. And on the other side, you have new and old players who learn something new about the game and helps them enjoy it as much as we do.

So I was curious to see if people were actually asking questions yet and how successful the launch of the program has been.New and old members alike, some people just have questions and will always be that way. :)

NECROREAPER
10-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Well the in game program hasn't actually been implemented yet, its only been a forum thing thus far.

As far as in game interactions go, everything were doing now is everything we've been doing from before

Navygreen
10-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Ahh ok I see. Cool thanks Necro. I am trying to catch back up with all the latest happenings here. Well congrats to all of you, thanks for being helpful to us :)

I'll have my questions fresh and ready for launch to keep you all busy hehe . Job security right? :)

enchantereess
11-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Hey ive met most of you aoas out their and thanks for the feedback on how to help people more in pl. First aoa i met was welcomer great person to have as a friend.

This is Aoainformer:)

Zeus
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey ive met most of you aoas out their and thanks for the feedback on how to help people more in pl. First aoa i met was welcomer great person to have as a friend.

This is Aoainformer:)

Ah! We were just talking about you earlier this morning!

enchantereess
11-06-2011, 10:01 PM
oh I hoope its good things about my doings

zappaxe
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi man!! And for you people who don't know me I'm Welcomer :banana:

Barrington
11-07-2011, 12:31 AM
HI all my Ambassador twinks name is AlterraHelp