PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Holo-ween costume if you have no plat

CanonicalKoi
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
1. Accept the quest from Cindy.
2. Talk to her again and ask her "What is Holo-ween?"
3. Click on "Can I join in the fun?"
4. She'll give you a costume.

Enjoy! (I figured there had to be a work-around for those with no plat as there is in SL and there is! Thanks, Devs! :D )

ETA: Nope! It still says you need to rent one. :( Aww....Devs?

WoundedEagle
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
If I wasn't out of thanks, I would thank you! I just kept clikcing her waiting to receive a costume. Thanks Brynnypoo!!

CanonicalKoi
10-20-2011, 04:51 PM
But, dang! It doesn't allow people to get the first quest. :(

Gluttony
10-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Worked exactly the same way in PL this year, you could get a free zombie costume but it didn't count to start the quests. Then to top it all off there were only a few quests (three I believe) which resulted in a Halloween pumpkinhead vanity. Not sure I'm willing to take the bait again, anyone willing to leak what the Halloween quests are like SL side?

CanonicalKoi
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Hmmm....the free costume didn't work this year, Gluttony? It did last year in PL as I recall. :(

Flickz
10-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Worked exactly the same way in PL this year, you could get a free zombie costume but it didn't count to start the quests. Then to top it all off there were only a few quests (three I believe) which resulted in a Halloween pumpkinhead vanity. Not sure I'm willing to take the bait again, anyone willing to leak what the Halloween quests are like SL side? Sofar you have to kill 50 randomly placed enemies. The most ive seen in a run is two. Im guessing they did this so people don't speed right through it
Edit* also they made it so you can't get a costume for 5 plat the lowest you can spend it 10