PDA

View Full Version : No Pets in PvP!?

Ydra
08-05-2017, 05:49 PM
Just testing to see the response to this idea. So let's have a reasonable discussion without all your emotions, please.

With that said, here's the concept:

A PvP bracket where no one uses pets.
It should be agreed by those joining the bracket that at that level no players should have a companion by them at any time.

The point of this idea is to popularize PvP again. After all, it's no use being OP, when there's no one to fight you.
This would give a bigger chance to those who might not join PvP otherwise (because of gold constraints).

Richer players might still have the upper hand overall, but a substantially smaller upperhand.
This should also make PvP "more" balanced (still won't be completely balanced of course).

Let me know what your feedback is on this suggestion of a Petless PvP.
Again, let's keep this respectful and within reason.
Agreeing or disagreeing, post your opinion below.

Donquixoth
08-05-2017, 05:54 PM
I doubt this will happen. Some of peoples maybe agree but still there is some peoples that dislike being controlled.

Ydra
08-05-2017, 06:01 PM
I doubt this will happen. Some of peoples maybe agree but still there is some peoples that dislike being controlled.

That would most likely be the main issue. So suggestions are welcome.
But if most players agree to no pet, the few others might be pressured to agree to ensure the bracket remains active.
Still something to consider.

Neutrone
08-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Personally I don't mind it. But just as Don said, most people probably wouldn't agree to it :/

Sent from my TECNO-C7 using Tapatalk

Horme
08-05-2017, 11:31 PM
PvP was introduced without pet in season 1,2 or 3 if I didn't mistaken.

bangke
08-06-2017, 07:11 AM
PvP was introduced without pet in season 1,2 or 3 if I didn't mistaken.
yeah no pet allowed at the beginning of pvp

Azerothraven
08-06-2017, 08:38 AM
I like the idea... I vote level 46 for pvp no pets... you still have good items like arc ring, pp, cheap gears from planar or farm in glint cave and mythic weapons and belts etc....

Quonabebi
08-06-2017, 11:14 AM
I love this idea and I think it can revive PvP I'm currently pvp'ing with the new 19 group some of the best PvP I've had in awhile

Ydra
08-06-2017, 11:38 AM
I love this idea and I think it can revive PvP I'm currently pvp'ing with the new 19 group some of the best PvP I've had in awhile

The all green-rare gear concept of this bracket seems truly fun; Skill based only.
I can't wait to join, just need to finish farming my rare gear set in dead city.

Bmwmsix
08-06-2017, 11:41 AM
My very first idea of pvp without pets n using pvp gear

+1 to op

Neutrone
08-07-2017, 05:52 AM
I like the idea... I vote level 46 for pvp no pets... you still have good items like arc ring, pp, cheap gears from planar or farm in glint cave and mythic weapons and belts etc....Lets take it a bit lower. Lvl 41

Sent from my TECNO-C7 using Tapatalk

gunlet
08-07-2017, 06:59 AM
I will prefer a another pvp map with no Buffs working. Naming "Medieval Arena"
Where any kind of buffs/boosts wont work.
Which means: No Awakening, No Pet Happiness bonus, No haste's 200% speed boost, No Para/pp/arc ring's +20 primary state buff etc.

Just get your gears and there basic stats, pet's Basic attack and arcane ability (pet skills are great for twist in strategies)

We can consider keeping gear's primary stat boost but no for set boosts/happiness bonuses/awakening

gunlet
08-07-2017, 07:04 AM
The only green rare idea is also lovely.. but I don't wanna be farmed by any cheater keeping arc gear.. will love it if sts impose green rare only

Skilledpvp
08-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Well the best idea that sts can implement is a pvp room where everyone uses a set of baseline stats pre determined by sts for certain lvls. And to make it easier for the developers no pets too.
So level playing field and no pets will ensure usage of just skills.
This could be at least implemented for a short period of time to make players more interested in joining pvp at all levels.

giaracib
08-10-2017, 02:48 PM
The only green rare idea is also lovely.. but I don't wanna be farmed by any cheater keeping arc gear.. will love it if sts impose green rare only

Mhmm, you can always join us(lvl 19 rare peeps).
We trust one another, none of us has worn or will wear any arcanes whatsoever, no awakens,slotting etc..:p

shame
08-10-2017, 03:00 PM
I like the idea myself this will now give "pro" players a chance to show how "pro" they actually are without a pet aa :D +1

shame
08-10-2017, 04:06 PM
yeah no pet allowed at the beginning of pvp

can u send me link to the thread that stated this??

Korabiv
08-10-2017, 06:49 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't think removing pets will save pvp. Pvp started on its downhill slide as soon as they introduced gems. Then came the para, eye, and eventually jewels. The para buff completly destroyed twinking for the most part. Now with all the insane amounts of possible awakens, nobody except the insanely rich stand a chance in pvp. Nobody enjoys getting killed over and over by the same player, and I can't imagine ganging people to get a better kdr is much fun either. Long story short, removing pets most likely won't have an affect on pvp. If there is any chance, imo, it would be to remove all gems/jewels and awakens if pvp is ever to be as active as it used to be. We all know this will never happen as people have spent 10's of millions to aquire there op gear, so I can't see pvp bouncing back ever again. There is so little motivation for lower/middle class people to enter a pvp arena, and without them, the people who spent so much on there toon have nobody to even fight. Kinda a gloom and doom opinion but this is how I truthfully see it.

Ydra
08-10-2017, 07:05 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't think removing pets will save pvp. Pvp started on its downhill slide as soon as they introduced gems. Then came the para, eye, and eventually jewels. The para buff completly destroyed twinking for the most part. Now with all the insane amounts of possible awakens, nobody except the insanely rich stand a chance in pvp. Nobody enjoys getting killed over and over by the same player, and I can't imagine ganging people to get a better kdr is much fun either. Long story short, removing pets most likely won't have an affect on pvp. If there is any chance, imo, it would be to remove all gems/jewels and awakens if pvp is ever to be as active as it used to be. We all know this will never happen as people have spent 10's of millions to aquire there op gear, so I can't see pvp bouncing back ever again. There is so little motivation for lower/middle class people to enter a pvp arena, and without them, the people who spent so much on there toon have nobody to even fight. Kinda a gloom and doom opinion but this is how I truthfully see it.

I completely understand that view. Removing all these new implements would make PvP truly skill-based.
If you wanna have a good time showing your skill (or not XD), join us at the Lv19 bracket.
We're all honest players looking for fair battles.

We only use green-rare gears (drop in Dead City maps) and the 36 original pets. Should be affordable for anyone to join.
No para, no eyes, no awakens, no ganging, no belts.

Just a pure skill PvP experience for any honest players that want to join.

For more info:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?403297-Wildlings!

Korabiv
08-10-2017, 08:52 PM
I completely understand that view. Removing all these new implements would make PvP truly skill-based.
If you wanna have a good time showing your skill (or not XD), join us at the Lv19 bracket.
We're all honest players looking for fair battles.

We only use green-rare gears (drop in Dead City maps) and the 36 original pets. Should be affordable for anyone to join.
No para, no eyes, no awakens, no ganging, no belts.

Just a pure skill PvP experience for any honest players that want to join.

For more info:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?403297-Wildlings!

That actually sound really fun! Ill give it a try tomorow if I have time. It would be sweet if there could be enough people interested in this sort of thing. Great idea whoever came up with it