PDA

View Full Version : New and very frustrated

Pouches
10-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I started playing a week or two ago, and I enjoy the game. However, I am getting very frustrated. I had to grind out from level 12 to 15 in order to get access to Delta 7 since there were no more missions. Now i'm just level 18 and I have two quests left in D7.

On top of that, that McGuirk boss is impossible. Every team I have been in falls apart when we get to him. I finally get a team that will fight him and I die only to have them defeat him while I ran back. Thus, I got no credit. The team kept getting mad at me for dying, but he one shots me since I'm an operative. It doesn't seem like Operatives have any real purpose besides cannon fodder.:grey:

I really think this game has promise, but it is getting more and more frustrating.:sour:

Silentarrow
10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey Pouches! There are several great guilds that you can join that WILL help you out! Heres a quick list of the ones I reccomend.

Knights of Cydonia
Neon Genesis
Assassins of Cascadia
Alliance of Blackstar

Also feel free to check out my Operative guide which can be found in my sig.

Shaocalur
10-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Well in actuality Ops are in fact important. They have better DPS (damage per second) then any other class. It seems difficult at first but you have to work towards it.

Taresafoo
10-21-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm having a similar problem, I'm a few points away from level 14 which i need to get to delta 7 but I am out of missions and I stopped gaining experience at the dungeons. Do i just keep trying the dungeons until I get the experience I need?

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Add me guys, radaroreilly and MimeRifle (Eng, Commando). Last night I got an exasperated cry for help from someone who said they'd been trying for days to kill McQuirk. (He's a favorite of mine - I like to call him names, makes him mad! hehe) I jumped in there with my tank to help the squad finish the level. Always happy to lend a hand! Let me know if you need one. :)

vaffunculo
10-21-2011, 08:29 AM
To kill the miner all you have to do is run from it...it gets mad and stomps or something like that and kills himself with falling rocks...no need to even fire a single shot..hope that helps you.

Fac3bon3s
10-21-2011, 08:42 AM
The group may have been getting mad at you if you were shooting him. Which is a common mistake if your new to the boss.

The trick is to run around the room away from him. Once he stops and stomps( IE. the rooms shakes.) Quickly run across to opposite side of room and run in the other direction. Continue this until he kills himself. Having 1 or 2 engineers always helps so that way if some one dies they can revive. Don't respawn at start of instance when you die either. If you stay dead near him you will still get credit for the kill. Feel free to add me in game. My IGN's are listed below in my signature.

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 09:28 AM
That's true. Shooting also might bust a barrel, and that can have the really bad effect of pushing a character all the way out of the door and having the miner chase you, and if he does that he heals completely. Stay away from the entrance if you can. I try to keep mcquirk between me and the entrance at all times so when he rushes, I go flying toward the back of the circle rather than the front so I don't risk pulling him out. My $.02USD.

Tvis
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I've got an operative in that level range as well. I've found teams with level 20+ character(s) that go all the way and will help. As silentarrow said, there are guilds out there that are happy to help out. The beginning levels are pretty tough, especially for an op (done all three class), but it gets easier as you go on and the teammates grow in level as well.

DJSKRILLEX
10-22-2011, 04:31 PM
hit me up lvl30 opp (DJSKRILLEX)

Just Me
10-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome to THE forum :biggrin:

Pouches
10-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Another 2 hours and I still haven't defeated McGuirk. Every team falls apart. New people enter the zone and reset him then leave. I had one run with a level 24 commando that died and never respawned. He just stayed dead and complained about people resetting him.

Is this the type of boss fight I can expect to see at higher levels? If so, then I'll find something else to spend my money on.

Nourish
10-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Knights of Cydonia
Neon Genesis
Assassins of Cascadia
Alliance of Blackstar

Don't forget V for Vendetta! :)

vaffunculo
10-22-2011, 05:05 PM
The miner can be soloed fairly easily, use an elixr and just run from him...keeping in mind to stay away from the entrance to his room.

Just Me
10-22-2011, 05:10 PM
You can't kill the miner by shooting at him, you need to run around and use a lot of stims (Unless the there is 4-5 engineers in your group)

xeapon anize
10-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Being in a gd grp helps a lot but after awhile u will no the fight by heart

Juliarulz
10-25-2011, 06:12 PM
I had the same problem with the miner! It took around 4 days to find a team that stayed together. Even if you die, you still get credit when you're laying near the room. Just a tip for the future