PDA

View Full Version : Are you serious, this is a joke?

Serbian
10-21-2011, 03:36 AM
Ok so I wait patiently for an update...update comes. I spend $50 on platinum. Buy that pet for 250 platinum. Spend majority of it on enhancers so I can be lvl 35 ASAP. I get to lvl 35 after hours and hours of farming exp. I get so excited, I buy myself the best gear platinum can get me....and this is what it looks like. This is what 150 platinum will get you...

So I dont know who the designer is but how can you possibly compare this outfit to the one at lvl 30....its impossible. I look like a Bavarian Butler wearing some skimpy tights. Even the weapon but lets not go there. This is ridiculous. I was not expecting to look like a fool until the next update. I am very very unhappy with this look...give it to the engineer or something. Far too disappointed.

Fatpigwarrior
10-21-2011, 03:51 AM
I think it looks awesome!!

Trollee
10-21-2011, 04:22 AM
LOL! Pretty funny look!
I'm amazed at the 50k xp it takes to get to level 36 O.o
It's getting harder and harder to balance PL and SL !!!

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 04:32 AM
wait is that the commando?
LOL!!!
We went from big lumbering tanks to this?
Oh well, maybe the female armor is slimming in all the right ways ^_^

tearacan
10-21-2011, 05:53 AM
I was curious if it would be a spacy-look, but it looks something from pocket legends! I agree it looks disappointing a lot. i can't believe STS made this for SL.
Ill just wear my lvl30 gear or just start playing pocket legends ;)

Yvonnel
10-21-2011, 07:45 AM

Me too. I like it.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
I can see how some folks would not like looking a little bit like a Halloween costume of Chewbacca. :D

I don't dislike it myself but I can see where your coming from.

Manwolf
10-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Wow. I agree with OP. Thats ugly as sin.

Samhayne
10-21-2011, 10:20 AM

That's the thing about art - it's all a matter of taste. The stuff from Shipyard has a different theme and feel from other stuff in the game. We can't just re-hash everything that has come before. If it didn't change and looked like what you had before, people would complain that stuff never changes. We're sorry you didn't like it as much as you wanted to.

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 10:23 AM
That's the thing about art - it's all a matter of taste. The stuff from Shipyard has a different theme and feel from other stuff in the game. We can't just re-hash everything that has come before. If it didn't change and looked like what you had before, people would complain that stuff never changes. We're sorry you didn't like it as much as you wanted to.

Once again a fine argument for making a different build for every single player! :D

adidaman
10-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Spacetime puts the same gear re-made, people complain. Spacetime puts a completely new, different look- people complain. No matter what you do, you can't please everyone. I personally think the new sets look great IMO

Ellyidol
10-21-2011, 10:34 AM
This look belongs in PL.

AFAIK, SL is situated in the future. As early as now, crossbows aren't even used anymore and we are leagues (maybe) away from being in an SL era.

Looks nice, just doesn't fit the game. Heck, the 36 commando vanity helmet looks as bad-*** as the golden vanity helm in PL, so the graphics are there.

Btw, nice ugg boots.

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 10:34 AM
You can please all of the people some of the time, and you can please some of the people all of the time, but, alas...

Manwolf
10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I would agree if this was an optional vanity look, but to fundamentally change the whole look of the Commando from 1-30 up to 35 and have him like like an Archer is just not well thought out imo. We are a tank, not a ranged punker class. I'd love more vanity options to allow for some customization to address taste differences though.

Navygreen
10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
The set looks awesome, you're crazy! :)

Cahaun
10-21-2011, 10:42 AM
It doesn't look at all close to PL! I think it looks good and fits the theme of the dock areas. Dirty, looks like it was made from scrap metal, and futuristic. I personally like it.

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Btw, nice ugg boots.

LOL.
Ugg boots: the worst thing to ever happen to fashion.

I understand changing things for each "theme"...but I thought commandos are supposed to be the tanks? The big, scary, menacing warriors who charge in first? Tell me how that provides more armor than the battle suit I'm wearing from Slouch-o right now? Unless my armor is made from aluminum foil and that armor is made from adamant covered in fur...I don't see it.

If the theme of this level was the arctic...or somewhere really cold...or even in the dinosaur age and we got there through a time portal...I'd be fine with it. But this just looks funny for a shipyard lol. But hey, if it has the stats and keeps me alive, I'll wear it....Just not the plat set, I'll buy the epics (same look I'm assuming?)

Ellyidol
10-21-2011, 10:46 AM
LOL.
Ugg boots: the worst thing to ever happen to fashion.

But the best thing that's happened to feet. In cold weather that is.

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 10:49 AM
LOL! True Dat!

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 10:50 AM
I live in the North Eastern US...it's very cold here :p
They're just so...ugly. Makes sense that they're called UGGs. Any time I see a girl wearing a pair...she gets the stink eye.

Samhayne
10-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I'll buy the epics (same look I'm assuming?)

Epics are different coloring, but same look.

Why are you using that crossbow thingy, roll with the chaingun heavy weapon! And the Commando lvl 36 helmet is sweet. Can you say Protoss Zealot?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1862&d=1319129333

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
wait the purple helm isnt the vanity helm for all classes!??!?!
Why am I leveling my commando then!!!

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Oh yeah!!!! LOVE that helmet! I'll be getting one of those NEXT level cap increase no doubt. lol.

Samhayne
10-21-2011, 10:55 AM
wait the purple helm isnt the vanity helm for all classes!??!?!
Why am I leveling my commando then!!!

They are class specific helms. Don't you read all the stuff in the announcements section? Why do I slave to post all this stuff??!? :D (j/k)

Link to announcement post about lvl 36 class specific vanity helmets: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40215-Star-Legends-Adds-Level-36-Vanity-Helmets

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 10:57 AM
They are class specific helms. Don't you read all the stuff in the announcements section? Why do I slave to post all this stuff??!? :D (j/k)

Link to announcement post about lvl 36 class specific vanity helmets: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40215-Star-Legends-Adds-Level-36-Vanity-Helmets
No I just went up to the guy in blackstar and he said if I get 36 I get a helmet :(
Ugh Im almost 33 on my commando and my engineer is only 27 :(

Ellyidol
10-21-2011, 10:59 AM
That helm is no doubt the best looking piece of equipment I've seen in any STS game. If that came as an entire armor set, whoo boy. I could spend a good amount of time just rotating my character around and awe.

Since you mentioned Zealots Sam, is this a hint for melee forced-based weapons?!?!

Samhayne
10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
That helm is no doubt the best looking piece of equipment I've seen in any STS game. If that came as an entire armor set, whoo boy. I could spend a good amount of time just rotating my character around and awe.

Since you mentioned Zealots Sam, is this a hint for melee forced-based weapons?!?!

No, no promises of melee weapons, although the team certainly has fun talking about, you know, sabers that are made of light and chop things up into messy bits :D

As for the full set, the plan with the vanity items for reaching the level cap is the same as Pocket Legends in that there will be a different slot that has a unifying look. If you get to the level cap with each expansion you'll get a full set. At least, that's the current internal thinking. As with the best laid plans of mice and men, it may change.

Ellyidol
10-21-2011, 11:08 AM
No, no promises of melee weapons, although the team certainly has fun talking about, you know, sabers that are made of light and chop things up into messy bits :D

What comes to mind is Cinco's almost violent thrashing with the sword from the "Free PL" video + the Sheldon Cooper's Flash impression.

Cinco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQgEq_we8

+

Sheldon Cooper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0V1y7JIFc

Draco Mikato
10-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Do the lvl 35 armors look different from the plat armors?

Also... you can preview the items before you buy them.. you didn't have to buy the whole thing. :(

Sporkeh
10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Get the 36 Vanity helmet and it more than makes it looks better. Still is a *cough* new look. lol

Navygreen
10-21-2011, 11:57 AM

Why are you using that crossbow thingy, roll with the chaingun heavy weapon! And the Commando lvl 36 helmet is sweet. Can you say Protoss Zealot?

That helm is ridiculous and I want it!

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 12:15 PM
The swords that the helmet guy has in his hands are so cool :o I'd take those!

hellzangel
10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=Samhayne;456427]Epics are different coloring, but same look.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1862&d=1319129333[/QUOTEj

Just thought I'd say that the rifle and heavy weapons have been rendered useless unfortunatly due to shields, why would someone use rifle which has the same attack output as a heavy pistol and lose the defence capabilities of the shield? No one, and the shame truly is that I love the chainsaw gun but won't use ingame because the stats don't add up. BTW the helm looks amazing.

BodMaster
10-21-2011, 03:05 PM
I for one think the new looks awesome! Esp with that 36 cap vanity out of this world! Literally :p

35 now n makin way 36 :) gona cap all char just because I think all look amazing! :D

Good job guys!

ProSophist
10-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't understand all the hate. I think the new Commando set looks great. Something new and different compared to the dull and bulky Meganaut set.

If I were playing a Commando, I would be ecstatic to use that set on my character.

frostine
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
The new set does nothing for me, looks like something borrowed from PL, but the helmet looks sick. I'm curious what the engis will look like...will probably lvl that char first.

sickside
10-21-2011, 07:15 PM
You think commando looks silly take a look at sonic the green hedgehog operative or the engineers with their crazy looking built in ponytail thing

Rexsalazar
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Agreed. Looks Cavemanish.

Acezero
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM
It really bugs me when people say "don't complain its a free game you don't have to spend money ". Yeah well you don't have to but some people like to reward others for doing a good job on their products. Yeah we don't have to spend money but if everyone stopped this game wouldn't exist for you freebie supporters. I'm not disappointed with the armor, however I think it's awesome that people who do support the game voice their opinion. They are the ones making sure the game hasn't been discontinued. Although the free players play a role to.

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
It really bugs me when people say "don't complain its a free game you don't have to spend money ". Yeah well you don't have to but some people like to reward others for doing a good job on their products. Yeah we don't have to spend money but if everyone stopped this game wouldn't exist for you freebie supporters. I'm not disappointed with the armor, however I think it's awesome that people who do support the game voice their opinion. They are the ones making sure the game hasn't been discontinued. Although the free players play a role to.

You know, I never thought of it that way! Yeah! The people who are complaining about the looks are the people who are buying it right? So then they have a right to voice their opinion! Saying they don't HAVE to buy it doesn't change the fact that they did, and that they didn't like it.

Cahaun
10-22-2011, 03:46 AM

You know, I never thought of it that way! Yeah! The people who are complaining about the looks are the people who are buying it right? So then they have a right to voice their opinion! Saying they don't HAVE to buy it doesn't change the fact that they did, and that they didn't like it.
I agree. You choose to pay for it if you want to. I'm one of those "at least it's free people" except I do spend money so Sam can get that box of dohnuts! :D

ProSophist
10-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Everybody has the choice NOT to buy it.
It's not like STS is forcing buy people their product.

If someone were to sell you a car and you didn't like its interior design or color, you have the choice not to buy it and choose something else that fits your liking.

We have the option to preview all the platinum gears before you purchase it. Therefore, if I didn't like the looks, I have the freewill to either buy it or not.
There's also a level 35 set for each class that drops from the new campaign, which does not require you to pay, only play.

Either way, people have no valid reason to complain. Yes we can voice our opinion, but not to the point where people are talking as if STS did such a horrible job.

Like the Dev(s) said, it's art. Apples and oranges. Some people will like it, some people won't.

Dracula
10-22-2011, 06:28 PM

"Power overwhelming."

frostine
10-23-2011, 10:18 AM
After seeing the new com gear in game on an actual player I like it more than when I initially saw it in a photo. I never thought my meganaut gear was all that exciting compared to the other classes so it is nice to see something different.

swordlover
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Why do ppl insult how the op looks I personally think he looks the coolest especially with the vanity

Kanozaki
10-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Far too disappointed.

disappointed in looking like a mashmellow with chocolate syrup ? you sir have no taste

Slant
11-05-2011, 06:17 AM
idk how it looks, or the lack of particle fx, I got them anyway coz I get em at every cap... when I got it I was very satisfied with the single shoulder blade thingy, as well as the green fx on the cap, no complaints whatsoever about how the plat gear looks or the stats because it game me a ton of mana and I use less pots now as a mando, something that people put 90 int and compromised on strength over lol... love the gear, its all perfectly balanced, the greens, the purps, the custom purps and the plat gear taking back all previous complaints after actually trying em on lol :) this is exactly the points where the stats and looks need to be, its really fair that the in game gear has the particle fx

Nightarcher
11-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I mostly care about originality and uniqueness in new content, and after much re-colored gear in PL, this was a breath or fresh air. Each level cap set has been easily-identifiable from any other gear, and even if it isn't as Sci-Fi as the other equipment, I like the overall design.

My goal in SL is to collect all the Commando custom sets, and probably Elite level vanities too. :)

Rob Prose
12-27-2011, 01:45 AM
I agree this gear does kinda look like crap. I'm nnot to big on the new stuff either its kinda weak looking. Even the lvl 25 gear was way cooler I much preferred my commando looking like a marine from Halo: CE than some Yhouz'Vong** from the post Return of the Jedi part of Star Wars.

P.S. I don't spend tons of money on FTP's. I did however drop $20 at start for extra slots and starter gear packs because I enjoyed PL and had been looking forward to Apple getting this game out and wanted to get a boost in catching up to the Droiders. which is more than a fair contribution considering the most I have ever paid for an app was $20 for Djay on my iPad. But mostly my motto is: I farm long and strong cuz I'm down to get my blasting on.

Flashgunner
04-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Ok so I wait patiently for an update...update comes. I spend $50 on platinum. Buy that pet for 250 platinum. Spend majority of it on enhancers so I can be lvl 35 ASAP. I get to lvl 35 after hours and hours of farming exp. I get so excited, I buy myself the best gear platinum can get me....and this is what it looks like. This is what 150 platinum will get you...

So I dont know who the designer is but how can you possibly compare this outfit to the one at lvl 30....its impossible. I look like a Bavarian Butler wearing some skimpy tights. Even the weapon but lets not go there. This is ridiculous. I was not expecting to look like a fool until the next update. I am very very unhappy with this look...give it to the engineer or something. Far too disappointed.

The level 35 plat operitave armor makes you look like you are barfing!

Orthrys
02-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Lol. My commando is female and titan tech armor looks amazing on her. I'm sorry but it's just the guys who look awkward with it.