PDA

View Full Version : approaching a girl you like: desperate for pointers!

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Let me start off by saying that I've NEVER had this much of a problem with this.

So here's my story/dilemma:

I go to school 5 days a week (mon-fri). Initially, I'd wake up at 5:30 am and go to the bus stop by 6:30, getting on the bus by 6:45. My co-worker that takes the same bus to school told me that she takes the 7:15 bus and still makes it to class by 8am with at least 10 mins to spare, so to get an extra half hour of sleep I started doing taking that bus. That is when I first saw Her.

I'd see her every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday but I didn't take too much notice to her. My tastes then were superficial. Now, I've been single almost 2 years. I've scouted around for a potential mate, but all I saw were superficial girls, and that's so boring. They always had their cleavage hanging out, skin tight oxygen intake reducing clothes, and I just got tired of it. I wanted a girl with class.

One morning when she boarded the bus, I just took an extreme liking to her. It came out of no where, and it felt like a smack to the face. She dresses so simple, but with so much class. She wears absolutely no makeup, short slightly unkept dark hair, light skin with freckles, and a smile that could make a whole room shine and a voice that'd make an angel weep. Here's the kicker; I don't even know her name..

It's been about a month since I thought of pursuing her, only a thought because every attempt I try to talk to her I fail and freeze up. What the hell?

At this point, I'm extremely annoyed with myself. Our first exchange of words, and all subsequent exchanges, were all started by her, with the first asking me a question a passenger asked her, the second asking me for the time when she has a perfectly functioning iPhone (hmm..) and upon answering she replied with a warm thank you and a smile that'd put this guy to shame:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/0f1ebfae.jpg

Today was one of the mornings I would've seen her, but I guess she didn't go to class since she wasn't there. That was my breaking point. I've decided that I HAVE to take action on Tuesday. I missed the perfect pour tuning yesterday afternoon, a day and time that I'd never see her, but I blew it. I didn't have the bus being too crowded as an excuse, I just absolutely blew it and it made me realize that I have a serious issue on my hands.

I DESPERATELY need advice on how to get over my shy behavior and nervousness.

HELP!!

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 08:05 AM
In my experience the best "pick up" line is:

"Hello I am Red, I have been seeing you a bit on this bus and I'd like it if we went for coffee someday, what do you say?" or something like that. Something simple and human not silly and "Hollywood-ian". Always worked for me (well I never said RED but you get the concept).

3 possible outcome of this:
- She says yes. (yiiipeeeeee)
- She says no. (well at least you know, move on)
- She kick you in the privates. (better off finding about her mental state right off the bat. Change bus routes and avoid at all costs. Lock your doors).

Seriously bro, the best approach is always the simplest, don't overdo things be straightforward and honest. Everything else is just a lost of time and leads to frustration. My 2 cents. You got to bite the bullet, shyness and nervousness is normal, if you don't like it and allow yourself not to get over it... that's a bit unhealthy. :D

vaffunculo
10-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Write your phone number on a slip of paper, and when she goes to get off the bus hand it to her and say this. " I want you to have this just in case." Naturally she will look at paper and say something like. In case of what? " then you say " in case you ever need help shaving your legs."
I have done this numerous times lol...always work!

Your Love
10-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Write your phone number on a slip of paper, and when she goes to get off the bus hand it to her and say this. " I want you to have this just in case." Naturally she will look at paper and say something like. In case of what? " then you say " in case you ever need help shaving your legs."

Oh gosh lol

Fatpigwarrior
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM

Lol vaff

On topic: idk I ask 1 girl out in my life she says no so what would I know?!

Honeypot
10-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Don't...

- She kick you in the privates. (better off finding about her mental state right off the bat. Change bus routes and avoid at all costs. Lock your doors).

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Lol vaff

Well now you know she's not interested. Move on with your life. For all you know the woman could be married and have 74 kids. lol

Fatpigwarrior
10-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Lol vaff

Well now you know she's not interested. Move on with your life. For all you know the woman could be married and have 74 kids. lol

Since when do 11 year olds ask out married ppl with kids?!

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM

AH! Now you would also know that she is way too old for you! Sorry I tend to assume everyone is my age. lol

vaffunculo
10-21-2011, 08:25 AM
I have never had anyone react badly to that pick up line....don't be afraid to take chances. You want to set yourself apart from ever other line she ever heard..I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts she never heard that before and she will never forget you. Lol

Fatpigwarrior
10-21-2011, 08:26 AM

AH! Now you would also know that she is way too old for you! Sorry I tend to assume everyone is my age. lol

Lol

Well anyway idc I moved on lol

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Lol thanks stomp :) im going to go with that method. When the time comes. I refuse to waste anymore time

Fatpigwarrior
10-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Lol thanks stomp :) im going to go with that method. When the time comes. I refuse to waste anymore time

Don't you just love what these threads turn into?! Lol

javier995
10-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Spark up a convo.
On Tuesday ask her why she didn't go to school. Something along the lines of that. If she missed something really important(or maybe just make it seem that way lol), offer your help. Tell her you'll tutor her, and most likely she might end up giving you her number.

Ok thought about it? Do this.

She obviously thinks you're cute. Now getting her number will be easy all you gotta do it....

ASK FOR IT!

lol:D

CrimsonTider
10-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Go with what Stomp said bro. Keep it simple, be MAX and not some made up personality, and be relaxed. She will be able to sense your nervousness. You mentioned her smile, find a way to use that but don't make it cheesy or cliche.

Good luck!!!

Walkhardd
10-21-2011, 08:46 AM
My advise would be ask questions..don't interview tho lol..in my experiences..girls LOVE to hear themselves talk..:)..sounds like she might be interested, that's a huge advantage..now close the deal bro!

JaytB
10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Reading this, I feel old lol... Don't know if it will help, but here are my tips..

Best advice I can give you is: be yourself.

That being said, I guess it all starts with eye-contact. Occasionally look at her (don't stare like a zombie though LOL), and watch if she looks back. And when she does, it's important to look at her body-language (and not just at her body). When she looks, give her a smile (not a nervous grin, just a small smile would suffice). If she smiles back, you're on the right track. If she doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean she's not interested. Maybe she's just as shy as you are. If you leave the bus and she checks you out briefly, that's usually a good thing. Although it can also mean that's she's just checking if you're still staring or not LOL. Maybe it's because I'm a bit older, but when I used to do that, I would have a very good idea whether a girl could be interested or not. The next step would be approaching her. I would say something like 'hey, I'm red, sorry to bother you, but would you mind telling me your name?'. If she asks you why, that's usually not a good sign, but make sure you have a funny come back ready. When she tells you her name, you should keep the conversation going. Ask her where she's from, what she's studying,.. So basically, show interest in her without talking to much about your own great life. I wouldn't be to fast with asking her to go out or anything, but that all depends on how she would react, I guess. Ow, and talk to her face, not her body LOL

It's very difficult to write 'pointers' because I never used any corny 'pick up lines' or 'strategies', mainly because I saw many of my friends failing when they did. I just stayed myself at all time and genuinely showed interest in the girl and her life. Everything else followed naturally.

Anyway, good luck.

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
One other thing: PL is awesome but I seriously doubt that you should show her your lvl 60 bear and explain the inner workings of the game on a first date. Just sayin'

itzyou
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Your problem sounds common... The best thing to do is become friends with her.. Talk to her, AND do not day dream about...(yea).. Listen to what she says and SMILE <--- most important thing to do! Just talk to her in normal conversation "hey, I have seen you around school" what classes do you like?" "oh that's awesome I love that class." something simple, don't worry about embracing yourself because by a week she will forget it, or laugh at it. But the best thing you can do is TALK it is really important to make sure she notices you.
P.S. Make sure she is single...
P.P.S. Be confident in yourself if you screw up the best thing you can do is laugh and move on with a positive attitude:)

... Then I read JaytB's...

Yvonnel
10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Spill a beverage in her (mine was and adult beverage). Seriously, thats how I picked up my wife of 12 years.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

JaytB
10-21-2011, 08:54 AM
One other thing: PL is awesome but I seriously doubt that you should show her your lvl 60 bear and explain the inner workings of the game on a first date. Just sayin'

Lmao!

To add to this, I don't think she would be impressed if you told her you were a GOA either LOL

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Spill a beverage on her (mine was and adult beverage). Seriously, thats how I picked up my wife of 12 years.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Haha oh man, I think if I did that though she'd be pretty pissed lol. Thanks for the great advice guys :)
With more ways to tackle the situation, I'm becoming increasingly confident ^_^

thequickone
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
+1 and totally agree with Stomp and JaytB. Good looking out, everyone! ;) I have only a few things to add:

1. Be yourself and be honest. I know you've already been told this several times, and you were probably planning on doing it, anyway. But it's really important, and here's why. Who do you want her to like? You or someone else? I'm serious, and it's really that simple. If you put on a fake personality or try to be who you think she wants you to be, and she becomes interested in "that person" and not the real you, you will forever have to wear that personality or suffer her potential disappointment.

2. Do not shoot for being just friends. OK, I know this sounds corny and possibly also a bit sleazy, but you need to make your intentions clear. Not right away, mind you! If she says yes, and you have a couple dates, you need to start making your wants, needs, and intentions clear to her. Bit by bit, don't overwhelm her! Simply let her know as soon as would be appropriate that you wish to be more than friends, if it is not already clear. :rolleyes: Contrary to popular belief, we are not all mind-readers. Do not offer to tutor her! That or anything else like it will get you stuck in that role. I'm speaking from experience on this one...

3. Don't give up or move on right away. If she turns you down and does not have a good reason (in a relationship, married, not heterosexual, insane father, etc.), or any reason at all, she may be checking if you are interested enough to try again. I'm not suggesting you turn into a creeper or stalker, just suggesting you give yourself more than only one shot. Besides, it will take some of the pressure off of your first shot if you know it may not be your only chance. Don't believe anyone that tells you that you only have one chance. Unless she's packing up for a life-long research trip to Mars tomorrow, you'll probably see her again! :p Ultimately, part of her filtering process may be to never say yes the first time someone asks her out. She may be trying to see who is really interested. If you get the feeling she is, maintain communication to the extent possible and regroup for a second volley in a few days, or so. However, if she says no and gives you a good reason, you must respect her decision. Which leads to my final suggestion:

4. Treat her with the utmost respect. At all times. Do not stare. Do not "check her out" (she notices you doing that, you creep!). If you are fortunate enough to find yourself talking to her, keep your focus on her eyes/face. Do not glance at other parts of her body, even for an instant (she notices that, too, you jerk!). You may offer to shake her hand when you introduce yourself. Other than that, do not touch her. And please, no cheesy or lewd pick-up lines (sorry vaff, unless that pick-up line got you more than a very short-term *wink* relationship or an actual call to help with leg-shaving, your suggestion is out). Trust me, we all know the possible end result of asking someone out. You don't have to go over the top and show her you're already thinking about her with her clothes off! Just let her know, in whatever way you feel comfortable telling her, that you would like to get to know her.

OK, that's all I can think of right now. I wish you the best of luck! From the way you describe her, it sounds like you are genuinely interested in this girl, maybe even head-over-heels! :D Being open, honest, and respectful in your interactions with her will give her the opportunity to see that for herself.

EDIT (2011-10-21, 07:15): Hit "Submit" before I was done. Oh no! And a few more posted while I was editing! Wow, what a response... Everyone wants to help Red! :)

Oldcoot
10-21-2011, 09:18 AM
I've ben married 23 years, complements work best! Hair, dress, eyes and be gentleman!

Weak_Sauce
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Go with what Stomp said bro. Keep it simple, be MAX and not some made up personality, and be relaxed. She will be able to sense your nervousness. You mentioned her smile, find a way to use that but don't make it cheesy or cliche.

Good luck!!!

As a girl, last time I checked, I totally agree. I don't ever want to hear some overly thought out pick up line. Cracking a joke is a great ice breaker and a way to showcase your personality. Just make sure it isn't cheesy (no knock knock jokes) and try to insert it into the conversation so it doesn't disrupt the flow.

Ellyidol
10-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Nothing cheezy bro, just a simple hi or hello is the best thing to do, IMO :)

Be yourself too, I mean, if you really want a relationship with her, best way to start is by being yourself -that's one thing you'd want in someone anyway, wants to be with you for you :)

Good luck man! We're on the same boat, although I haven't found that ONE girl I have to talk to :D

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks to the newest pieces of advice :) I'm going to start with a simple good morning, and see where it goes from there :).

I have a feeling she's into me too, so once I get the ball rolling it shouldn't be too much trouble!

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 10:14 AM
This thread is cute! Wait - dudes aren't supposed to say "cute". This thread is solid :).

I couldn't add anything to the serious advice. I concur with those who say be yourself, and be polite. It may seem awkward at first to give a compliment, but don't be afraid to do that. Most people are happy to receive a compliment. It's um, solid, that you asked this question on the forum. Made me chuckle. Best of luck to you - I hope you manage to break the ice!!

And if I may... just in case you panic - do NOT use the following pick-up line under any circumstance:

"Gee! You don't sweat much for a big girl!"

StompArtist
10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
"Gee! You don't sweat much for a big girl!"

LOL That and: "You smell good reminds me of puppies".

Samhayne
10-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm in JaytB's shoes, feeling a bit old somehow from this thread. ;) Anyway, as others have mentioned, be confident, be yourself, be polite, be a gentleman. While you may be smitten by her, if you can keep things in perspective and realize that there are what, almost 7 Billion humans on the planet, half of them female. That's like 3.5 billion, just for grins say about 1/100th are a suitable age range for you (30 million). Then 1/100th are girls that you might even find attractive (300,000) and 1/1000th (if you live in a major metropolitan area) live anywhere near you - that's 300 girls! (please, no critique of my math, lol :D) Imagine those 300 cute, age appropriate girls you might like lined up (that's around a good block or two) and this girl is just the one at the front of the line. Long story short, there are a lot of fish in the sea.

From what I know of you Red, you are a pretty good guy. If this girl doesn't like you, no worries, it's her loss for not digging a good guy. Move on to find girl #299 in that list and try again. Every girl I ever dated or had a relationship with taught me something I needed to know about what I was looking for, what I wanted out of life, how to be a gentleman. All of them helped me to be the man that I am and needed to be to meet the most wonderful girl in the world, my wife.

Be confident, be yourself, be polite, be a gentleman; take a deep breath, go for it and have fun!

WoundedEagle
10-21-2011, 10:44 AM
If you're going with stomps method, and said girl replies, 'Sure can we go now? :)' Though excluding the smiley face obviously, but if she says that, that would be her expression. Anyways if she says now, make sure you have your wallet :/ That would suck in the event you had forgotten your wallet. *Slips twenty in show in case that happens :P'

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm in JaytB's shoes, feeling a bit old somehow from this thread. ;) Anyway, as others have mentioned, be confident, be yourself, be polite, be a gentleman. While you may be smitten by her, if you can keep things in perspective and realize that there are what, almost 7 Billion humans on the planet, half of them female. That's like 3.5 billion, just for grins say about 1/100th are a suitable age range for you (30 million). Then 1/100th are girls that you might even find attractive (300,000) and 1/1000th (if you live in a major metropolitan area) live anywhere near you - that's 300 girls! (please, no critique of my math, lol :D) Imagine those 300 cute, age appropriate girls you might like lined up (that's around a good block or two) and this girl is just the one at the front of the line. Long story short, there are a lot of fish in the sea.

From what I know of you Red, you are a pretty good guy. If this girl doesn't like you, no worries, it's her loss for not digging a good guy. Move on to find girl #299 in that list and try again. Every girl I ever dated or had a relationship with taught me something I needed to know about what I was looking for, what I wanted out of life, how to be a gentleman. All of them helped me to be the man that I am and needed to be to meet the most wonderful girl in the world, my wife.

Be confident, be yourself, be polite, be a gentleman; take a deep breath, go for it and have fun!

Aww haha thanks Alex! That's extremely reassuring :) and touching as well! I'm definitely going for it the next time. You never know, she might be the one!

Ellyidol
10-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Red, just to add some humor and hopefully some confidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAGiQ3AWKqI

You might like their channel :p

ninjaduck
10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Aah it really sucks for me...being in an all-boys school. AND NO IT IS NOT SUGGESTIVE...

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 11:13 AM
+1 and totally agree with Stomp and JaytB. Good looking out, everyone! ;) I have only a few things to add:

1. Be yourself and be honest. I know you've already been told this several times, and you were probably planning on doing it, anyway. But it's really important, and here's why. Who do you want her to like? You or someone else? I'm serious, and it's really that simple. If you put on a fake personality or try to be who you think she wants you to be, and she becomes interested in "that person" and not the real you, you will forever have to wear that personality or suffer her potential disappointment.

2. Do not shoot for being just friends. OK, I know this sounds corny and possibly also a bit sleazy, but you need to make your intentions clear. Not right away, mind you! If she says yes, and you have a couple dates, you need to start making your wants, needs, and intentions clear to her. Bit by bit, don't overwhelm her! Simply let her know as soon as would be appropriate that you wish to be more than friends, if it is not already clear. :rolleyes: Contrary to popular belief, we are not all mind-readers. Do not offer to tutor her! That or anything else like it will get you stuck in that role. I'm speaking from experience on this one...

3. Don't give up or move on right away. If she turns you down and does not have a good reason (in a relationship, married, not heterosexual, insane father, etc.), or any reason at all, she may be checking if you are interested enough to try again. I'm not suggesting you turn into a creeper or stalker, just suggesting you give yourself more than only one shot. Besides, it will take some of the pressure off of your first shot if you know it may not be your only chance. Don't believe anyone that tells you that you only have one chance. Unless she's packing up for a life-long research trip to Mars tomorrow, you'll probably see her again! :p Ultimately, part of her filtering process may be to never say yes the first time someone asks her out. She may be trying to see who is really interested. If you get the feeling she is, maintain communication to the extent possible and regroup for a second volley in a few days, or so. However, if she says no and gives you a good reason, you must respect her decision. Which leads to my final suggestion:

4. Treat her with the utmost respect. At all times. Do not stare. Do not "check her out" (she notices you doing that, you creep!). If you are fortunate enough to find yourself talking to her, keep your focus on her eyes/face. Do not glance at other parts of her body, even for an instant (she notices that, too, you jerk!). You may offer to shake her hand when you introduce yourself. Other than that, do not touch her. And please, no cheesy or lewd pick-up lines (sorry vaff, unless that pick-up line got you more than a very short-term *wink* relationship or an actual call to help with leg-shaving, your suggestion is out). Trust me, we all know the possible end result of asking someone out. You don't have to go over the top and show her you're already thinking about her with her clothes off! Just let her know, in whatever way you feel comfortable telling her, that you would like to get to know her.

OK, that's all I can think of right now. I wish you the best of luck! From the way you describe her, it sounds like you are genuinely interested in this girl, maybe even head-over-heels! :D Being open, honest, and respectful in your interactions with her will give her the opportunity to see that for herself.

EDIT (2011-10-21, 07:15): Hit "Submit" before I was done. Oh no! And a few more posted while I was editing! Wow, what a response... Everyone wants to help Red! :)

Woah I nearly missed this one! All very good points and suggestions! I can't already tell that she'd be a keeper. She's extremely polite and has to be the on girl I see that greets the bus driver with a "good morning", and thanks them upon getting off on our stop.

If I manage to sweep her off her feet, I can almost guarantee I'd be the happiest guy in the world :).

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Keep us posted for goodness sake! Now we are anxious to hear what happens!!

drewcapu
10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Draw a picture of her and give it to her.

But not before you show it to us and get our approval!!!

;)

Cascade
10-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Haha, me and you both max. Every time I try to talk to a girl I like I trip on my tongue. XD Also, since you don't know her name DO NOT call her 'Hey you!' LOL xD

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Red, just to add some humor and hopefully some confidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAGiQ3AWKqI

You might like their channel :p

That was just amazing lmao, I love the one time the guy succeeds and gets to the date right after picking her up!
The other instances are hilarious haha

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 11:38 AM
No update till Tuesday afternoon unfortunately :/ I'm sooo determined now that it's just oozing out of my pores!

Cascade
10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
No update till Tuesday afternoon unfortunately :/ I'm sooo determined now that it's just oozing out of my pores!

Just make sure you arn't still oozing when you meet her. XD

MimeRifle
10-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Who can do a good Barry White impersonation?? Love is in the air.... :)

Cascade
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
If you end up dating for a while you HAVE to get her playing PL/SL. Or maybe she already is playing 0.0

JaytB
10-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Leave it to Sam to do the math LOL

With all these pointers and you being a cool dude, you can't go wrong buddy ;)

Make sure to keep us posted :)

csb
10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
You just need some practice girls. Make friends with some girls that do not intimidate you. When you talk to them, you will become more comfortable talking to girls that are attractive to you. It's just a matter of becoming comfortable with meeting people, which take practice. This is why hermits have a hard time socially, because they don't practice socializing.

RedRyder
10-21-2011, 02:36 PM
You just need some practice girls. Make friends with some girls that do not intimidate you. When you talk to them, you will become more comfortable talking to girls that are attractive to you. It's just a matter of becoming comfortable with meeting people, which take practice. This is why hermits have a hard time socially, because they don't practice socializing.

I have plenty of attractive female friends. I've never had a problem approaching girls, but this one's just different and I didn't know how to go about it. But thanks to everyone's help, I now have a firm grasp of what needs to be done :)

BodMaster
10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Is this the Zoe look-a-like you were telling me about the other day? Some great pointers from the previous posts.. you will be fine bro! Wont know until you give it a shot :)

Let us all know how it goes! :D

DawnInfinity
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I've told you my advice before. :o

Silentarrow
10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Ask her if she's interested in art. If so, show her some of your drawings!

Best of luck Red, there are tons of great tips on this thread!

Silentarrow
10-21-2011, 08:26 PM

This made me lol ;).

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Tomorrow's the big day!

JaytB
10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Tomorrow's the big day!

Make sure you get some sleep, brush your teeth in the morning and don't drewl when talking to her :D

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
I'll keep some mouth wash ready and lay off the smoke that morning too :D

adidaman
10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Simple. Use beckon/taunt combo to lure her in, then use stomp. Shell be yours, guaranteed.

JaytB
10-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Simple. Use beckon/taunt combo to lure her in, then use stomp. Shell be yours, guaranteed.

That's how the cavemen did it :p

StompArtist
10-24-2011, 09:12 AM

Pretty much up there with "does this smell like chloroform to you?"

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM

I just lol'd in real life in a completely silent library *all eyes on me*

MimeRifle
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM

LOL!!! That's terrible!!

Coltona
10-24-2011, 09:50 AM

I read this and couldn't stop laughing! Man you're crazy! I think I'll try this one just to see how she reacts lol

Ok when you see her tomorrow be yourself, it sounds really cliche but it works. A girl can always tell when you're not being real!! Haha watch the movie Hitch if you want to find a way to ask her. Lol

Yutani
10-24-2011, 10:09 AM
When she gets on the bus or you get on, try to sit next to her, make it a point to smile honestly (not like you have a dirty secret) and do like what others gave said "Hi, I'm Red. What's your name?"

Overthinking it can make you do stuff like write pickup lines in paper about shaving various body parts.

Uncomplicated girls like uncomplicated introductions.

My 2c.

Sam's also right about the fish in the sea though, so if you fail to connect or she whips out her taxidermy collection to show you, don't be too discouraged.

Zaltiar
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Let me start off by saying that I've NEVER had this much of a problem with this.

I go to school 5 days a week (mon-fri). Initially, I'd wake up at 5:30 am and go to the bus stop by 6:30, getting on the bus by 6:45. My co-worker that takes the same bus to school told me that she takes the 7:15 bus and still makes it to class by 8am with at least 10 mins to spare, so to get an extra half hour of sleep I started doing taking that bus. That is when I first saw Her.

I'd see her every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday but I didn't take too much notice to her. My tastes then were superficial. Now, I've been single almost 2 years. I've scouted around for a potential mate, but all I saw were superficial girls, and that's so boring. They always had their cleavage hanging out, skin tight oxygen intake reducing clothes, and I just got tired of it. I wanted a girl with class.

One morning when she boarded the bus, I just took an extreme liking to her. It came out of no where, and it felt like a smack to the face. She dresses so simple, but with so much class. She wears absolutely no makeup, short slightly unkept dark hair, light skin with freckles, and a smile that could make a whole room shine and a voice that'd make an angel weep. Here's the kicker; I don't even know her name..

It's been about a month since I thought of pursuing her, only a thought because every attempt I try to talk to her I fail and freeze up. What the hell?

At this point, I'm extremely annoyed with myself. Our first exchange of words, and all subsequent exchanges, were all started by her, with the first asking me a question a passenger asked her, the second asking me for the time when she has a perfectly functioning iPhone (hmm..) and upon answering she replied with a warm thank you and a smile that'd put this guy to shame:

Today was one of the mornings I would've seen her, but I guess she didn't go to class since she wasn't there. That was my breaking point. I've decided that I HAVE to take action on Tuesday. I missed the perfect pour tuning yesterday afternoon, a day and time that I'd never see her, but I blew it. I didn't have the bus being too crowded as an excuse, I just absolutely blew it and it made me realize that I have a serious issue on my hands.

HELP!!

Phoof seems like you really have something for her eh :). Well, my advice would be....just muster up all your courage and give it a shot. Don't overthink, just be your natural old self! I know its what anyone would say. But its a true one that.
If she's worth it, go for it bro, or you'll end up wondering what would have been haha. I had a similar story aswell when I was back in high school.
There was this one girl who, despite me being quite a social person, would turn me speechless the minute she smiled. My head would turn blank and I would start talking like a yard hahaha ahh man thinking bout it makes me smile.
It was obvious that we both had some chemistry between us. But, I lacked the courage then, and when I finally did, it was too late. I went to Australia, she went to the States.
Course, I did find someone else here. But superficial relationships are superficial.
So, bottom line, don't wait for it, someone else out there might just have the same feelings for this girl and before you know it, she'll be gone.
Good luck and all the best to ya bro!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Zeus
10-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Don't...

O.o. :O. I'm just going to grimace and slowly back away from Honeypot.

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Ugh there was an empty seat up front and I was only able to get one towards the middle. There's no way to approach her :( what do I doooooo!

Fatpigwarrior
10-25-2011, 06:32 AM
I'll keep some mouth wash ready and lay off the smoke that morning too :D

Lay off the smoke? You smoke?

CrimsonTider
10-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Follow her when she gets off the bus!! (No stalker approach tho... be calm.)

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Follow her when she gets off the bus!! (No stalker approach tho... be calm.)

I get off before her :(

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Ugh I blew it guys... As I got off the bus she looked down for a split second so I couldn't say bye...

CrimsonTider
10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Ugh I blew it guys... As I got off the bus she looked down for a split second so I couldn't say bye...

Oh snap! Ok.. you said you will see her Thurday right? Ponder this I will....

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 07:57 AM
I should be seeing her tomorrow too. Last week I was surprised and
Saw her Thursday too waiting for the bus back, which was a first time occurance all semester, So very unlikely. The next time I should see her after that is Friday. Last week she didn't show Friday though :(

MimeRifle
10-25-2011, 08:14 AM
OMG!!!! Red! You are going to keep me hanging for more days?!?! This is like my Soap Opera now - enough with the suspense!!! lol!! You're killin' me over here!

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
It's killing me too lmao

JaytB
10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Aaaawwww! :/

Growwle
10-25-2011, 08:50 AM

HELP!!

Forget about her. Do well in school and become successful. Get your own house and a nice car and some money in the bank. If you do all this you will be infinitely more attractive to women who are ready for relationships, not just a girl who will change her mind about you as easily as she changes her clothes.

StompArtist
10-25-2011, 08:50 AM
I get off before her :(

-Self censored-

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Forget about her. Do well in school and become successful. Get your own house and a nice car and some money in the bank. If you do all this you will be infinitely more attractive to women who are ready for relationships, not just a girl who will change her mind about you as easily as she changes her clothes.

i live in the moment. if the opportunity arises, I'm not going to just lay back and let it fly past me, just because i don't have a car, house, and a bunch of money. Who's to say this girl wouldn't be ready for a relationship? if she isn't and i do end up talking to her (i most definitely will) who's to say that we wouldn't be able to build toward it (given that she's as interested in me) ? i know plenty of people that met their significant other while they were my age and in college too. I also know others that have a nice car, house, and an amazing job, but are still alone and cannot find a woman that isn't only intrigued by their car, house and money.

I'm not going to forget about her, I'm going to keep pushing forward. I'm still very hopeful, so I'm not going down without a fight.
If it doesn't work, then i can at least say that i tried and can comfortably move on to the next person. I don't want to look back and wonder what might have been the rest of my life.

-Self censored-

hahahah oops! get your mind out the gutter!

Phoof seems like you really have something for her eh :). Well, my advice would be....just muster up all your courage and give it a shot. Don't overthink, just be your natural old self! I know its what anyone would say. But its a true one that.
If she's worth it, go for it bro, or you'll end up wondering what would have been haha. I had a similar story aswell when I was back in high school.
There was this one girl who, despite me being quite a social person, would turn me speechless the minute she smiled. My head would turn blank and I would start talking like a yard hahaha ahh man thinking bout it makes me smile.
It was obvious that we both had some chemistry between us. But, I lacked the courage then, and when I finally did, it was too late. I went to Australia, she went to the States.
Course, I did find someone else here. But superficial relationships are superficial.
So, bottom line, don't wait for it, someone else out there might just have the same feelings for this girl and before you know it, she'll be gone.

thanks for this :) this is where my mind is set. I'm going to try to not waste any more time.

MimeRifle
10-25-2011, 11:56 AM
-Self censored-

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, that's a topic for a little later down the road in this story! Nice catch... Hehehehe...

Growwle
10-25-2011, 12:05 PM

i live in the moment. if the opportunity arises, I'm not going to just lay back and let it fly past me, just because i don't have a car, house, and a bunch of money. Who's to say this girl wouldn't be ready for a relationship? if she isn't and i do end up talking to her (i most definitely will) who's to say that we wouldn't be able to build toward it (given that she's as interested in me) ? i know plenty of people that met their significant other while they were my age and in college too. I also know others that have a nice car, house, and an amazing job, but are still alone and cannot find a woman that isn't only intrigued by their car, house and money.

I'm not going to forget about her, I'm going to keep pushing forward. I'm still very hopeful, so I'm not going down without a fight.
If it doesn't work, then i can at least say that i tried and can comfortably move on to the next person. I don't want to look back and wonder what might have been the rest of my life.

-Self censored-

hahahah oops! get your mind out the gutter!

thanks for this :) this is where my mind is set. I'm going to try to not waste any more time.

No offense intended, I am just offering the advice of someone who has "lived in the moment." Best of luck to you. If you want to talk to her, just do it, most women (from what I have been told by women) are turned off by guys who are afraid to approach them.

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I get out of class, go to the bus stop, and there she is! But guess what? Some goofy looking guy is talking to her and they're still at it on the bus -_- FML

StompArtist
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I get out of class, go to the bus stop, and there she is! But guess what? Some goofy looking guy is talking to her and they're still at it on the bus -_- FML

meh. Could just be some guy who saw her on the bus... :P Don't let him get in the way.

CrimsonTider
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
meh. Could just be some guy who saw her on the bus... :P Don't let him get in the way.

Exactly! Make her forget about him. Do yo thang boi! :)

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
That guy was no competition trust me haha I just had a bout of jealousy, with him conversing with her the way that I should've been by now :/ I was even getting hit on by some girls on the way back that I turned down so she wouldn't get the wrong impression

*sigh*

Irulelol
10-25-2011, 02:33 PM
.:g

MimeRifle
10-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, now... that bit had the faint flavor of fable about it. Like maybe one of these that you turned down was *actually* your soul mate, but you were too distracted to learn that.

Anyway HURRY UP already! (I tease) But don't cut off your nose to spite your face! And don't count your chickens before they've hatched. And you know what else? If life hands you a lemon.......... ( bla bla bla bla bla ) <--what mimerifle sounds like..

Silentarrow
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Good luck for tommorow Red! :)

Grankledude
10-25-2011, 09:42 PM
As many others just said... BE YOURSELF!
R- Real
E- Everyday
D- Dude
R- Reading
Y- Your advice
D- Dreaming of HER
E- Everyday
R- Randomly

Phoenixking
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Well even though pointers are out myself is unkown even by myself O.o so ill just act whatever the flipping turkeys i feel like acting lol but i dont get nervous when talkimg to a girl i like anymore since im random nowadays it usually makes them talk to me and say "wtf you doing?!" i say "i-i just dont know anymore" and then we become normal friends but i mever decided to go any farther :O

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Omg guys I blew it big time lmao.. She satRIGHT next to me and I opened my moth to say something, and nothing came out!!! WTF!?!!!!! then she got up and to a seat next to her friend. Fml ugh

I'm about to just give up :(

Fatpigwarrior
10-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Omg guys I blew it big time lmao.. She satRIGHT next to me and I opened my moth to say something, and nothing came out!!! WTF!?!!!!! then she got up and to a seat next to her friend. Fml ugh

Come on don't give up!!!

You can do it!!

If she sits next to you make words come out!! When I ask the girl I could only whisper, nothing else I was to nervous, force out the words !

Lol I don't know crap do I?

JaytB
10-26-2011, 06:45 AM

Giving up is the easy way out. But remember what you wrote yourself a while back? You might wonder for the rest of your life if she could've been the one.

Anyway, just say 'Hi' or something, especially when she sits right next to you. Something I never did, but might help, is write down how you feel (but pls don't wite you love her or anything like that) and pass her the paper when she gets off the bus. Make sure to draw something cool for her too. If I would to something like that, I would probably draw a funny karikature of myself looking very shy, with a text balloon saying, 'Would you want to tell me your name next time?'. Use those drawing skills LOL

Fatpigwarrior
10-26-2011, 06:48 AM

Giving up is the easy way out. But remember what you wrote yourself a while back? You might wonder for the rest of your life if she could've been the one.

Anyway, just say 'Hi' or something, especially when she sits right next to you. Something I never did, but might help, is write down how you feel (but pls don't wite you love her or anything like that) and pass her the paper when she gets off the bus. Make sure to draw something cool for her too. If I would to something like that, I would probably draw a funny karikature of myself looking very shy, with a text balloon saying, 'Would you want to tell me your name next time?'. Use those drawing skills LOL

Good idea jay!!

StompArtist
10-26-2011, 08:24 AM

You have lost round 1. More than one round in a fight! Go talk to her. Do not wait anymore. Bite that bullet, next time you see her beehive right up to her and talk. If you go to her you will not have a choice but to talk because, well, it's even more awkward to go right to someone and say nothing. Take those steps! Go go go!

I am pulling the Adidas card on you! Read it 7 times every morning for the next 10 days!

Get yourself motivated bro!!! You want something you have to go take it!

PS: Do not be yelling "Mine mine mine" as you approach her. That is creepy.

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 08:38 AM
You have lost round 1. More than one round in a fight! Go talk to her. Do not wait anymore. Bite that bullet, next time you see her beehive right up to her and talk. If you go to her you will not have a choice but to talk because, well, it's even more awkward to go right to someone and say nothing. Take those steps! Go go go!

I am pulling the Adidas card on you! Read it 7 times every morning for the next 10 days!

Get yourself motivated bro!!! You want something you have to go take it!

Lmao. Oh man, next time for sure man!!
I'm going to a series of parties this Weekend so I'll practice on the girls there!

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 09:06 AM

LMAO! Mine mine mine mine.. ROFL

I'm going to a series of parties this Weekend so I'll practice on the girls there!

Go do what must be done! :D

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I should've said this sooner, but this is actually my second instance that this same situation happened to me before. This was about 4 years ago when I was 17. I had to go to summer school, and my family went on vacation to the Dominican republic (it sucked as much as you could imagine lol) so I had to move to my grandparents home in new York city for the summer. Every morning, at around the same I currently take my bus to school, I'd have to commute from NYC to my highschool in new jersey. Same situation, I come across a girl waiting for the same bus, and I had trouble approaching her.

Unlike my current situation, I actually approached this girl eventually. What I did was wave to her goodbye through the busses' window as it passed her when she got off to her stop. The next time I saw her we started talking and exchanged numbers. We'd cuddle and hold hands after some time on our way to new jersey and I'd even get off with her and walk her to her school, and then take the 40 min walk to mine lol.

She ended up being the wrong one for me. She practically led me on and I ended up liking her more than she did me, and it ended up pretty ugly. But the point of that story is that I am actually capable of doing this, since I conquered the same situation years ago, when my shy level was at its peak. Idk what my issue is with this new girl, but I know I can do it. I just have to find away to let go of my inhibitions and actually talk to this girl.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for sharing bro,

Idk what my issue is with this new girl, but I know I can do it. I just have to find away to let go of my inhibitions and actually talk to this girl.

Think thats were the 'issue' is coming from, seems you have built up this one moment or the girl herself to be this untouchable being/moment, so to speak lol. We all know that you have what it takes to get this done, but you need to believe it yourself!

You can do it buddy! *You can do it... alllll nightttt longggg*

Rolocoaster
10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Red do it bro live life without regrets :) , maybe if words arent coming out yet at least give her a smile , thats a start

Grankledude
10-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Dude, what's one of the things you are most acclaimed on here? U r... AN AMAZIIINNNNGGG drawer dude. Use THAT to your advantage. Draw yourself saying idk, maybe something like wuts ur name or ur number or something of the sort. And if u know how to draw people, draw her too! :D

Ayc2000
10-26-2011, 06:31 PM
If you talk to her, tell her you have an assignment to draw a very pretty girl and ask her if you could draw her :3 I've seen someone do a variation of this and it was really sweet :) that's also a way you can ask her for her number and hang out with her to do her "picture" which might eventually lead up to you two hanging out more often! XD

Cascade
10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I know the feeling Red. Lol. Here are some symtoms (Is that the right spelling?) Anyways. Sweaty hands, nervousness, unable to use tongue. Lol, I also have a problem with this as well. Still haven't talked to the girl I saw like 3 months ago.

Silentarrow
10-26-2011, 06:50 PM

No need to practice if you succeed tommorow! :D

blahggart
10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
cmon. u cant have a worse impression than mine on the girl of my dreams. it went a little like this
Me: Hey
Her: Yeah?
Me: My friend thinks ur HOT!
Her: umm... thanks... i guess?...

xD that was by far the stupidest thing i did. but strangely im good friends with her...

ooommmggg
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Okay Red im gonna help u.

Okay, I know it's a elementry school phrase, but it's true. A smile goes a long way. Just smilong and saying hi will make her think you're a friendly guy. Also, don't stalk her but keep half an eye on her life. If there is someone who picks on her, next time stand up for her. Also, if she's struggling on a report, help her.

Also, I thought posotive!
What if when she sat next to you it was a "test" to see if you like her? Next time u see her, think about that.

Friend me in game:
PL: weeegeee, weeegeeetwo
SL: weeegeee, weeegeeetwo

Cascade
10-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Here is a possible conversation starter.

You: Hey, hows it going?

Her: Oh, its going good. What about you?

You: That's good i'm doing good too. So, where are you headed?

Her: I'm going (fill in the blank)

You: Oh, ok well I gotta go. Cya tommorow (or the next day you will see her).

Just keep making conversations like that till you know a little bit more about her then ask her if she wants to go to Starbucks (Or your local cafe) for a bit after school. I know its alot easier to type than to do. Lol

oneslybird
10-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Well just saying the worst thing she can say is "why no" personal experience ...

Grankledude
10-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Sooooo? How did u do? Have u done it yet?what did she say?:)

MimeRifle
10-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes! Update!! You trying to kill me with suspense?!?

blox
10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
In my experience the best "pick up" line is:

"Hello I am Red, I have been seeing you a bit on this bus and I'd like it if we went for coffee someday, what do you say?" or something like that. Something simple and human not silly and "Hollywood-ian". Always worked for me (well I never said RED but you get the concept).

3 possible outcome of this:
- She says yes. (yiiipeeeeee)
- She says no. (well at least you know, move on)

Seriously bro, the best approach is always the simplest, don't overdo things be straightforward and honest. Everything else is just a lost of time and leads to frustration. My 2 cents. You got to bite the bullet, shyness and nervousness is normal, if you don't like it and allow yourself not to get over it... that's a bit unhealthy. :D

forgot the 4:slap :)

blox
10-29-2011, 04:55 PM

wow never u had it in u samhayne! thumbs up!

Grankledude
10-31-2011, 07:20 AM
Reddddd.... Are u even alive???..... UPDATE BRO!!! We're dying on suspense here! :eek:

Garvhoz
10-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Well this only works gradually havent finished myself
1. Start asking people their names so then she thinks that you like to meet people. ( dont get unwanted attention though)
2. Ask for her name later on ( 2nd day earliest)
3. See what classes she goes to so you can talk to her before the period starts ( if you dont share a class this is impossible dont read,whats the point)
4. Become her friend
5.get her number ( optional)
6. Say funny things or most importantly be yourself
7. Become best/close friends ( current level im at, dont go in the friend zone where you will only be friends)
8.get to know each other very well
9. Share her emtions
10. Ask her out
11.WHAM there you go your going out
12. Why are you still reading this
13. See this ^^^^^^^^^^ showing humor

It works so far as I know,try it

Haowesie
10-31-2011, 06:48 PM

I guess thornwall is out of the question? Oo

Girls like a genuine smile imho... Just say hi... be observant, see anything she's carrying wearing, etc comment about it and then be creative -- the easiest way is to make fun of yourself, or the about said object (or topic). Note: don't make fun of her lol :P

Be confident by being yourself -- getting off the bus before her could be your advantage, you'll have to exit with an open ended remark so you can follow up... and make sure to follow up and start the conversation again like you never left ;)

mexicanpixels
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
He is probably engaged now quitted pl and lives happy with her... Lol jk

P.s. MAYBE JUST MAYBE O.o

Whirlzap
10-31-2011, 08:03 PM
LOOKS LIKE YOUR IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
only 1 solution bro,

PARF, LETS JOURNEY TO O&C AND FIND LADYLOVE=D

Whirlzap
10-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I guess thornwall is out of the question? Oo

Girls like a genuine smile imho... Just say hi... be observant, see anything she's carrying wearing, etc comment about it and then be creative -- the easiest way is to make fun of yourself, or the about said object (or topic). Note: don't make fun of her lol :P

Be confident by being yourself -- getting off the bus before her could be your advantage, you'll have to exit with an open ended remark so you can follow up... and make sure to follow up and start the conversation again like you never left ;)
Baby, you heart drained me.

Zeus
10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
LOOKS LIKE YOUR IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
only 1 solution bro,

PARF, LETS JOURNEY TO O&C AND FIND LADYLOVE=D

Brooke plays RuneScape now.

Otukura
10-31-2011, 08:17 PM

Are you serious?

Ayc2000
10-31-2011, 08:23 PM
:eek:
What's her name?

Cascade
10-31-2011, 08:25 PM
I have an account from several years back whats her name? Mines safire1212.

Jugernugett
10-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Lol.............................. XD

Fatpigwarrior
11-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Runescape seriously?!

Xscoopx
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Don't use a pickup line....EVER

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Finally got an update for you guys :D

The ice has officially been broken! It should be smooth sailing for now on!

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Finally got an update for you guys :D

The ice has officially been broken! It should be smooth sailing for now on!

Woooooop! How did it go down?

MimeRifle
12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
DETAILS!!!!!!!! OMG, man... I've been dying to hear how this turned out. Spill it already!!! :D

ThisGuy0502
12-01-2011, 09:49 AM
threads these days lmfao! XD

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry to have kept you guys waiting :p I told her "I see you on the bus all the time, so I just thought I'd say hi! Then she said "Aw you're so sweet hi! Come sit next to me on th bus next time so we can actually talk" so now I just waiting to see her again instead of just a moment so we can get the ball rolling! I think I may be seeing her later today after class on the bus back home, so I'll have another update soon!

Rolocoaster
12-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Sorry to have kept you guys waiting :p I told her "I see you on the bus all the time, so I just thought I'd say hi! Then she said "Aw you're so sweet hi! Come sit next to me on th bus next time so we can actually talk" so now I just waiting to see her again instead of just a moment so we can get the ball rolling! I think I may be seeing her later today after class on the bus back home, so I'll have another update soon!
Woot Woot ! GLad to hear this Red :)

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM

Wooop! Red you are a Legend! :D Good job buddy :)

MimeRifle
12-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm staying tuned in!!!! Nice job! Very smooth!

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 11:36 AM

YEAH! You go!

thequickone
12-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaw!! Way to go, Red. I knew you had it in ya! Best of luck moving forward. ;)

Artentreri
12-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Grats red! Now a couple things I've noticed in my days before a pregnant girlfriend are, be supportive, but not her slave. Meaning if something's wrong ask her about it, but don't go begging her to tell you what you need to do blah blah. Be a nice guy, but also make a couple jokes. That's how I could always tell if I was getting mine or not, how mad she got at my "sense of humor" haha. And also stand up for her, always. Whether it's another student, some random person, whoever. I'm not sayin go throw down with anyone that looks at her wrong, just make sure if people are making her feel bad, you stop them people. Chicks dig self confidence and manliness, that's bottom line bro.

StompArtist
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
DETAILS!!!!!!!! OMG, man... I've been dying to hear how this turned out. Spill it already!!! :D

Forget the details we, the STS collective, DEMAND results!

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Missed out on my chance today... But results tomorrow morning for sure!

Bronxman2012
12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
OK, I am married for 12 years, and while I may be out of the dating loop, here is what I would recommend.

Simply go up to the girl and say hello. Honestly, if she's not into you, no pickup line is going to work, and if she is, then hello will do nicely. Hello is friendly, yet simple. And quite honestly, if the girl is not open to a "hello" greeting, then you should avoid her, as she may very well have issues.

Bronxman2012

Artentreri
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Sadly man that isn't true anymore, at least around where I live. Another tip red, eye contact. How old are you?

Southriver
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM

LOL! I think he doesn't plan telling her about his video games.

LOL

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
OK, I am married for 12 years, and while I may be out of the dating loop, here is what I would recommend.

Simply go up to the girl and say hello. Honestly, if she's not into you, no pickup line is going to work, and if she is, then hello will do nicely. Hello is friendly, yet simple. And quite honestly, if the girl is not open to a "hello" greeting, then you should avoid her, as she may very well have issues.

Bronxman2012

All sorted now :)

Sadly man that isn't true anymore, at least around where I live. Another tip red, eye contact. How old are you?

Not sure how much of the thread you read, lol, but it was just this one girl he had this done a million times before but this one girl got him to feel like he couldn't get the words to say what he wanted ha, but im sure from now on alls going to be smooth sailing as the hard part is over and done with :)

Silentarrow
12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Grats Red :). Good luck tommorow!

Artentreri
12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Oops, definitely didn't read that. My bad.

RedRyder
12-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Lol yea it's all a matter of getting to know eachother though. The hard part should be over now and she wouldn't have offered to talk more if she wasn't interested right? If I were I her shoes and not interested, I would've just left it at "aw you're so sweet!"

blahggart
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
the best way to find out if a girl is single, say "ur boyfriends a really luck guy" so even if shes single, shes complimented

MimeRifle
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
That is definitely better than "Gee... you don't sweat much for a big girl."

blahggart
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
That is definitely better than "Gee... you don't sweat much for a big girl."
xD wow... theres another one, if her eyes are blue, DO NOT SAY " ur eyes are as blue as the water in my toilet" cuz of the scented clips that change the water color simetimes.

Wretch
12-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Wow! As a Texan... It's gettin redneck in here lol!

Red, best of luck to you!

Red, my best and mean BEST advise for whatever goals you want to achieve in life....

Wait for it!.....

STAY TRUE ABSOLUTELY TRUE TO YOURSELF!!!!

On the serious side of that is this.... If you are changing yourself to make whoever happy, it might work for many years, but in the end you are cheating yourself! If whoever or whatever cannot accept or want you for who you are... In my honest opinion is not worth the "long haul".. May be great friends/ aquaintances, but not something long term.... All in all best wishes!

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Had some small talk with her just now before we ran to class :) she's so freaking polite I love it

Ellyidol
12-02-2011, 08:20 AM
LOL! I think he doesn't plan telling her about his video games.

LOL

I actually think you should, especially if playing is a big part of who you are :)

Not sure with others, but I'd see a girl trying to learn how to play a game just to get closer to me as very endearing or indicative of the way she feels :)

Good luck bro!

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Well, she does have an iPhone... Haha . If it ever comes up, or if she sees me playing and looks interested, then I'll introduce her. If that ever happens, I'd have to delete this thread before she'd find the forums lmao.

festre
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Well, she does have an iPhone... Haha . If it ever comes up, or if she sees me playing and looks interested, then I'll introduce her. If that ever happens, I'd have to delete this thread before she'd find the forums lmao.

Hold on!!
If she finds this forum, it might be in your favor! This forum shows how interested u are ::rolleyes:
Just edit certain things :cool:

RedRyder
12-02-2011, 09:25 AM
No way I'm going through 8 Pgs haha, and I might look creepy if she saw this, like if I was obsessing over her!

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 09:56 AM
No way I'm going through 8 Pgs haha, and I might look creepy if she saw this, like if I was obsessing over her!

So you are telling us you are not obsessing over her? :D

MimeRifle
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I actually think you should, especially if playing is a big part of who you are :)
Not sure with others, but I'd see a girl trying to learn how to play a game just to get closer to me as very endearing or indicative of the way she feels :)

I like this advice... it sounds like a detail - but it has at least something to do with the type of person you are, and if you start by concealing things, even things that seem trivial at first, you're not showing the whole picture - and why would you want to start on anything but the most firm foundation? Honesty!

StompArtist
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I like this advice... it sounds like a detail - but it has at least something to do with the type of person you are, and if you start by concealing things, even things that seem trivial at first, you're not showing the whole picture - and why would you want to start on anything but the most firm foundation? Honesty!

My advice was against bringing it up on a first date! Not on concealing and hiding your hobbies. :S

Artentreri
12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
"Is that a bear killing an alien with a zombie leg? I wanna try!" is exactly how it will go. Hehe.

Survivorfan
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Grats dude, I guess my photos won't help then...

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/bergamonster/0600936a.jpg
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/bergamonster/ca3616ae.jpg

brodiniozo
12-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Red, ur the boss!!!! Keep em updates comin

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BodMaster
12-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Oops, definitely didn't read that. My bad.

Lol alls gd ;)

Lol yea it's all a matter of getting to know eachother though. The hard part should be over now and she wouldn't have offered to talk more if she wasn't interested right? If I were I her shoes and not interested, I would've just left it at "aw you're so sweet!"

You got this bud, all of the STS community is behind you :D

Lmao! Thought about this the other day and nothing good come from it :p

RedRyder
12-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Haha I'd have to delete this for sure. Can't wait to see her again! I'm like I love with her voice :)

Lady_Pebbles
12-03-2011, 07:17 AM
SMH I juat read all eight pages... StS got their own on-going romantic novel... Eff Twilight. Lmao xD

Good job Red and great job everyone with the advice (minus the few with tgeir ridiculous advice lol).

Grankledude
12-03-2011, 08:31 AM
RED!!!! AWESOME BRO!!!!!! Thats gonna b smooth sailin for ya bro :D Good Luck!!!

RedRyder
12-08-2011, 08:02 AM
ok so after the first encounter, i was still suffering from severe timidness. its been almost 2 weeks since ive had words with her (as of tomorrow) but today, the impossible happened.

there was an empty spot next to me (she was sitting directly across from me), and when we got to the halfway point, she got up and sat right next to me. We had a full blown conversation. My day has officially been made. My heads in the clouds right now hahaha. if she got up on her own and approached me, she must have some type of interest in me no? Either way, the conversation was great. we shared our aspirations with eachother, she's a liberal arts major and loves fashion design (As i assumed due to her amazing style), We spoke about highschool and how much of a drag it was for the both of us, and even had some mutual friends. Being at a distance from her all the time, i never noticed her amazing hazel eyes, which only made me like her even more. She's so easy to talk to (or at least will be when i become more accustomed to speaking with her, which should be soon) she's just.. awesome.

I started to give up hope, as i thought that i wouldnt be able to pull through again and that our previous encounter was some type of freak accident, but it looks like there will be more to come!

Stay tunned....

MimeRifle
12-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the update man!!! You are *smitten*, my friend! I am enjoying following this story, it's cool that you're sharing it!! :D

RedRyder
12-08-2011, 08:15 AM
haha hopefully it goes somewhere and i dont get stuck in the friend zone! being anything with her is good enough, but an amazing girl like this, itd be heartbreaking to not have it go anywhere else. especially with all this trouble that ive been going through :(

Artentreri
12-08-2011, 03:00 PM
You got this bro! Just remember, confidence is the key. No matter what, always remember that.

plmafiaboss
12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Just go right in and talk to her lol. Ignore ur nervousness. That's Wht I do :D. Just pretend she's just another girl

Artentreri
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
You're redryder, king of that school and all that surrounds! Now let it show mang. Hahaha.

RedRyder
12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Just got a date set up!

Zeus
12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Just got a date set up!

FINALLY! Now show her some of that swagg we all know you have and your mad skillz! Then afterwards, you can convince her to start playing PL/SL with us! :D

Artentreri
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Congrats dude.

wizardstarr
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM

HELP!!

Idk bro I had that sane feeling with my gf but Idk how I over came it, my thoughts are u should go and say hi and start slow

I have been with my gf since june 11,2011 and I must say it has been the best six mouths of my life,lots if people hate her and me but we really don't care as long as we are together that's all that matters <3

RedRyder
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the words wiz lol, but I've already spoken to her and everything. Guys, I showed get my art and she was hella impressed!

Catwoman
12-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Lol

ooommmggg
12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
leave it to red to get the firl with the art. GRATZ DUDE!!!!!

RedRyder
12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately, this story has concluded. It doesn't end with me getting the girl either. On Christmas day, I was asking her what day she was good for our date, and I just got shot down. She said I'm a nice guy and that I deserved the best, she's sorry if she led me on, but that I came at the wrong time. She says she's more focused on her future, and I guess there's no room for a guy, that's if I ever even had a chance. I pursued her for 3 months just to get shut out on a holiday. I had a few drinks to unwind with my friend, who was also having girl issues. I was just a mess.

But there's a twist! Yea I got turned down, but I'm not alone anymore :) Friday night I went to my friends party. After A LOT of drinks, the host of the party is telling me that her friend thinks that I'm cute. I walk up to her immediately and just start talking to her (looks like I got my mojo back ;)). We have the same relationship history and share the same views on life. We really understood each other. We had hours and hours of deep conversation. Like the type of things that you never talk about to anyone else. Next thing you know it's 5 in the morning and we're still going. We hung out again for our mutual friend Marcielle's (the host of the last party) birthday. The new girl and I got into a fight because She got jealous over everyone wanting to dance on me and because I felt distant. I was still annoyed over me getting turned down by the original girl, that I might have been a bit distant. I took her aside and just easily talked it out with her. Right then and there, I moved in and we kissed. We spent the rest of the night together and we're dating now :)

My journey of finding a relationship has concluded, not as I originally imagined it would, but a nice surprise nonea

Olz
12-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately, this story has concluded. It doesn't end with me getting the girl either. On Christmas day, I was asking her what day she was good for our date, and I just got shot down. She said I'm a nice guy and that I deserved the best, she's sorry if she led me on, but that I came at the wrong time. She says she's more focused on her future, and I guess there's no room for a guy, that's if I ever even had a chance. I pursued her for 3 months just to get shut out on a holiday. I had a few drinks to unwind with my friend, who was also having girl issues. I was just a mess.

But there's a twist! Yea I got turned down, but I'm not alone anymore :) Friday night I went to my friends party. After A LOT of drinks, the host of the party is telling me that her friend thinks that I'm cute. I walk up to her immediately and just start talking to her (looks like I got my mojo back ;)). We have the same relationship history and share the same views on life. We really understood each other. We had hours and hours of deep conversation. Like the type of things that you never talk about to anyone else. Next thing you know it's 5 in the morning and we're still going. We hung out again for our mutual friend Marcielle's (the host of the last party) birthday. The new girl and I got into a fight because She got jealous over everyone wanting to dance on me and because I felt distant. I was still annoyed over me getting turned down by the original girl, that I might have been a bit distant. I took her aside and just easily talked it out with her. Right then and there, I moved in and we kissed. We spent the rest of the night together and we're dating now :)

My journey of finding a relationship has concluded, not as I originally imagined it would, but a nice surprise nonea
Nice dude but sad bout the first girl :( but turned out ok gratz!!

MimeRifle
12-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow.... thanks for the "conclusion" Red. Though it seems this may be the end of the story you had begun to tell here... doesn't it make you wonder if it was all along really meant to be the beginning of a different one? The more time passes, the more I personally recognize this concept of "doors opening and closing", as it has been characterized - that when one door closes, another opens. I don't know that it's that simple, but I do know we are certainly not able to understand, at all times, where our lives are really headed. It's times like these you look back, and realize there might have been a reason for it all that you were not aware of - and those moments can change the way we look at things. Thanks again for sharing the story!! I feel like I've been spying!! lol!! Peace to you, and best of luck with your new girl!! :)

ghost.mw
12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh jesus christ ,once an old man said "A real man dose NOT fall for a woman" ok no offense I'm not saying be gay or don't get attracted to woman but be a strong dude and don't waste your time playing around,now please don't get me wrong and good luck to you getting your girl.

wvhills
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM

I'm not condoning this, I'm just going to put it out there as a "suggestion". ;) ...
What you COULD do, is arrange for girl no. 2 to ride on the bus with you so girl no. 1 can see you together. This will let girl no. 1 know that you've moved on and she's been replaced. Girls are jealous like that. Haha. I've noticed that I can go to the same place over and over and not even be able to catch a girls eye but then I go to the same place with a hawt chick and the girls who previously wouldn't give me a second glace are suddenly smiling and waving and are the friendliest things ever. Then as soon as they see me without the hawt chick they're wanting phone numbers and want to hang out.

I think it would be interesting to have girl no. 1 see you two together. I bet the next time she sees you after that she would say she'd been having second thoughts and she really isn't that busy, etc and would like to go out. At that time you could either 1) take her up on her offer and go out with both of them until you decide which you like better, or 2) rub it in her face and tell her you've found someone who knows a good thing when they see it. You win either way...

ghost.mw
12-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm not condoning this, I'm just going to put it out there as a "suggestion". ;) ...
What you COULD do, is arrange for girl no. 2 to ride on the bus with you so girl no. 1 can see you together. This will let girl no. 1 know that you've moved on and she's been replaced. Girls are jealous like that. Haha. I've noticed that I can go to the same place over and over and not even be able to catch a girls eye but then I go to the same place with a hawt chick and the girls who previously wouldn't give me a second glace are suddenly smiling and waving and are the friendliest things ever. Then as soon as they see me without the hawt chick they're wanting phone numbers and want to hang out.

I think it would be interesting to have girl no. 1 see you two together. I bet the next time she sees you after that she would say she'd been having second thoughts and she really isn't that busy, etc and would like to go out. At that time you could either 1) take her up on her offer and go out with both of them until you decide which you like better, or 2)
rub it in her face and tell her you've

found someone who knows a good thing when they see it. You win either way...
LOL,I can't argue with that,that's 100%true

MimeRifle
12-27-2011, 09:26 PM
I think it would be interesting to have girl no. 1 see you two together. I bet the next time she sees you after that she would say she'd been having second thoughts and she really isn't that busy, etc and would like to go out. At that time you could either 1) take her up on her offer and go out with both of them until you decide which you like better, or 2) rub it in her face and tell her you've found someone who knows a good thing when they see it. You win either way...

HAHAHA!!! Robert!!! tsk...tsk...

Flamin
12-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Go with what Stomp said bro. Keep it simple, be MAX and not some made
up personality, and be relaxed. She will be able to sense your nervousness. You mentioned her smile, find a way to use that but don't make it cheesy or cliche.

Good luck!!!

she can smell fear...

Garvhoz
12-28-2011, 01:18 AM
haha hopefully it goes somewhere and i dont get stuck in the friend zone! being anything with her is good enough, but an amazing girl like this, itd be heartbreaking to not have it go anywhere else. especially with all this trouble that ive been going through :(

So you did read my post...i think...anyways congrats on girl#2 and oh well on girl#1 at least you moved on, with a couple of drinks...hurray :D

LadyKenz
12-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Never thought i'd want someone to write something like this about me... you should show her this hahahahaha C: