PDA

View Full Version : Prices so low already? Come on guys.

Kahlua
10-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Listen, I understand supply and demand. I get it, so don't just put "supply and demand" and be done with it. The market prices are insanely low for epic weapons, boots, and arms already. It's been a day. The newest best armor that we know of is selling for 5-10k depending on the item...

Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down. They aren't selling well because people aren't level 35 yet. It's been A DAY. Think a bit here. All this undercutting already is going to have prices down to 50 credits for sleeves like in Slouch-o, but at this rate, it'll be by sunday.

razerfingers
10-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Sweet thats what i like to hear :) something i can afford

Shadowie
10-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Listen, I understand supply and demand. I get it, so don't just put "supply and demand" and be done with it. The market prices are insanely low for epic weapons, boots, and arms already. It's been a day. The newest best armor that we know of is selling for 5-10k depending on the item...

Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down. They aren't selling well because people aren't level 35 yet. It's been A DAY. Think a bit here. All this undercutting already is going to have prices down to 50 credits for sleeves like in Slouch-o, but at this rate, it'll be by sunday.

What u implying? To me it supply and demand as usual. :rolleyes:

ProSophist
10-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Supply and demand.

You can't make a logical argument against it if you want to make money.

People would rather sell now at a lower price, especially when the supply is high, rather than increase the price by 200-300% more and not sell at all.

Dracula
10-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Supply and demand.

You can't make a logical argument against it if you want to make money.

People would rather sell now at a lower price, especially when the supply is high, rather than increase the price by 200-300% more and not sell at all.

+1 Suggesting that sellers raise prices arbitrarily in order to make money is colluding, and it's not good for anyone. Think of it this way... if there were items that you wanted to buy, you surely wouldn't want the sellers artificially raise the prices.

Cahaun
10-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Good thing I sold early! I made like 72k in one day! :p

Gluttony
10-22-2011, 04:04 AM

I get a drop and it's not an item that I can use, so there are only two options: sell it or keep it. If I sell it now, even at the lowest market value it's a gain. Creds that I can use to obtain something that is of more value to me personally. If I keep it, time passed allowing the market to become saturated with said item and me losing credits by the day, hour or minute. Remember that some players buy in anticipation of things, no matter if they have a toon that can use it or not, so thinking prices are being driven down simply because a player cannot put the gear on is a bit off.

All this undercutting is simply because a player got a new item and wants instant gratification in terms of currency not gear, so they place their items lower than the lowest expecting it to sale but another of the same item drops and is placed in auction even lower. It's a vicious cycle but it's driven by the market becoming flooded or in the worst case scenario two players in an undercutting battle. It's the price that we pay to have a free and open market like this and if you dislike the way it is run, appealing to the players to potentially lose money in hopes of more in the future isn't going to suit everyone.

It could be the fact that players went from futuristic high tech gear, to something that looks like a scene out of Mad Max (Eng excluded, I kind of like that one). Maybe the new look isn't reeling in the players in this scene where everyone is complaining about vanity; imagine there are plenty who are willing to overlook the upgrade in stats just to avoid the downgrade in appearance.

JaytB
10-22-2011, 05:08 AM
I fail to see how low prices are a bad thing. I would think this would give everyone a chance to buy good gear, thus benefitting the community. I don't mean to sound offensive in any way, but your post sounds pretty greedy to me.

Flickz
10-22-2011, 05:53 AM
I agree with jay. I think this is a good thing and wish pocket legends was like this but oh well

BodMaster
10-22-2011, 06:50 AM
I fail to see how low prices are a bad thing. I would think this would give everyone a chance to buy good gear, thus benefitting the community. I don't mean to sound offensive in any way, but your post sounds pretty greedy to me.

I get where your coming from.. but imagine players who get a Glyph drop etc and they went to the market to find that all that hard work was for nothing because the prices were so low. (Farming would be redundant) PL would collapse IMO.

Though if you are lucky the Helms and Chests are pretty low drop rate atm.. best way to farm is lvl 5 or 4-5.. both selling between 60-80k.

sickside
10-22-2011, 07:04 AM
stop being greedy inflation sucks the prices are fine the way they are

Rodvik
10-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Can't help it if the economy in Star Legends is equivalent to that of the United States. Its high, stocks are good then BAM there goes my 401k! *shakes fist* Maybe our government is controlling the Star Legends economy. Soon they will let Korea bring in goods for 8% cheaper! We must retaliate! Lower the drop rate! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks,
-Rodvik

*Give Thanks If this post reflects your feelings.*

=D

Slant
10-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Hmm... its strange when the sloucho levels came up the prices of everything skyrocketed (like 5000c for the level 26 shield on the first day, which was not a bad buy come to think of it :P)... drops from these levels are low priced (I got an entire level 32 op set for less than 800c) then they have been fluctuating pretty wildly, everyone buys and sells mats, and some people regularly lowball the auction house by dumping purps at 60 creds... at such times those who have been hanging on to items hoping they get a better price start dumping all their stuff too, in the hope of getting whatever money they can, which is what seems to have happened with the new drops I can sell my low level yellows for anywhere between 130-250c which is a lot more than I manage to get for my level 30 purps and greens lol...the level 30-33 yellows and greens are sure to get good prices later on when more people have capped, the same as level 26 shields cost a bomb now

Flickz
10-22-2011, 07:54 AM

I get where your coming from.. but imagine players who get a Glyph drop etc and they went to the market to find that all that hard work was for nothing because the prices were so low. (Farming would be redundant) PL would collapse IMO.

Though if you are lucky the Helms and Chests are pretty low drop rate atm.. best way to farm is lvl 5 or 4-5.. both selling between 60-80k. what you said is true about farming but not every player gets a drop from farming so i dont think the game would collapse. I think people wouldnt be able to have as much of an advantage over other players just because they have alot of gold

mugen
10-22-2011, 08:11 AM
i have a seller toon hes crazy and will undercut you just to sell stuff i looted because its a 100% profit as i looted it and im not reselling.
undercuting only hurts those trying to buy and flip items not people selling looted gear. even if you sell a looted item for 1 cred thats 1 more cred than you had before!
just my 2cent.

JaytB
10-22-2011, 08:22 AM

Though if you are lucky the Helms and Chests are pretty low drop rate atm.. best way to farm is lvl 5 or 4-5.. both selling between 60-80k.

Sounds more like there's a 'problem' with drop rate more than anything else. The reasons why glyph items remain fairly high priced is that they are still fairly rare, and PL exists much longer than SL, so higher prices are normal (more gold/credits in circulation). Lots of people farm for glyphs, but the market is still not flooded like it appears to be in SL for current end game items. People in PL complain about high prices and low drop rates, while you are showing discontent with the low prices in SL (and I assume higher drop rates). There will never be a way to make everyone happy IMO.

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Lol @ you all calling me greedy.
You don't understand the concept of greed.
I have hardly any money at all.
Even with prices already so low, I can't afford more then 3 parts of the armor.
This is called "I've paid my dues and have played the hardest levels for these drops, and I want something in return equal to more than I've spent on stim packs"

This example of supply and demand is like trying to sell college level textbooks to a bunch of 3rd graders. It's not that they won't ever use them, it's that they can't yet. By putting these items for so low, we're cheating ourselves out of money just to make that quick buck.

Meanwhile, people who get vanity drops are running around with millions of credits. Just because I'm not lucky and can't get a vanity drop doesn't mean I'm greedy for expecting more for my drops. People have to make money, that's one of the only things to do in this game. You want me to keep tanking all these games I'm playing?...something has to fund my stims and power packs.

Like cut me a break here, I haven't made ANY money since hitting lvl 30. I've been hovering around 60k for like 6k kills. Stims go fast for a tank. Plus, like 50k of that money was my brothers he gave to me lol :(

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I used "you all" loosely, instead of writing everyone's name.
Greed is wanting more money then you'll ever need, and to keep wanting it.
I need to fund my playing. If I can't afford stims, I can't play. Simple as that.
As of right now, I'm losing money with every level I'm playing in.
I get a drop, if it's commando gear I keep it. If it's not, I either keep it for an alt or try to sell it.
If it's selling for absolute junk money, well then I've maybe bought stim packs for another day of farming.

Wanting money is not being greedy. If I'm using upwards of 100+ stims a run (1-5), I expect to make some of that back. It would be greedy if I just wanted that money to let it sit in my stash with the 45 sets of epic armor and the 300 vanities I was hoarding.

You know, this could all be avoided if engineers healed more....lol jk don't even start on that topic. Although I have been making a list of engineers I'll never play with again. One actually told me he doesn't like to use empathy is fights because it wastes his mana and he doesn't want to use mana packs. What a team player.

frostine
10-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I've seen this happen in every game with a virtual economy. The rise and fall of prices are happening as expected. Now if only I sold when people needed the items I have, but I needed them myself.

Fac3bon3s
10-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down.

Everyone has the right to post the items they own at the price they want to sell it at. As much as I despise undercutting myself. There is not much you can do. I had made a suggestion in another thread which I am having a hard time finding right now. But it was that there should be auction history. When you go to list an item a history of sales for that item becomes visable with max price,low price and average price that it had sold for. As for your being upset about not making any money once hitting 30. You are not alone. Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38743-Guide-Educated-Spending-Amassing-Wealth) is a nice guide that may help you with that problem.

Edit: Upon further reading my suggestion was in the thread I have linked here.

frostine
10-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I used "you all" loosely, instead of writing everyone's name.
Greed is wanting more money then you'll ever need, and to keep wanting it.
I need to fund my playing. If I can't afford stims, I can't play. Simple as that.
As of right now, I'm losing money with every level I'm playing in.
I get a drop, if it's commando gear I keep it. If it's not, I either keep it for an alt or try to sell it.
If it's selling for absolute junk money, well then I've maybe bought stim packs for another day of farming.

Wanting money is not being greedy. If I'm using upwards of 100+ stims a run (1-5), I expect to make some of that back. It would be greedy if I just wanted that money to let it sit in my stash with the 45 sets of epic armor and the 300 vanities I was hoarding.

You know, this could all be avoided if engineers healed more....lol jk don't even start on that topic. Although I have been making a list of engineers I'll never play with again. One actually told me he doesn't like to use empathy is fights because it wastes his mana and he doesn't want to use mana packs. What a team player.

I understand what you're getting at regarding needing enough credits just to keep playing. Unlike PL, it's hard to get by with what little credits are earned to buy essential stims needed from one run to the next. I think this is done in part by the devs so that we fail to resist temptation and buy stims using plat and save our credits. In PL I had no problem earning enough credits for potions, but such is not the case with SL. As a result I often see people holding back from using their skills because they either don't want to use up their mana or take aggro for fear of needing to use an hp stim bc the engi won't heal or another person in the group won't use a single skill to take aggro off the engis back. Whether you agree with the original poster regarding the rise and fall of the auction house economy, I think we can agree that it is hard for most to make money in this game just to sustain playing. I see a lot of people holding back from using skills simply because they have very few stims. That's a lot of great game play potential thrown to the wind because of the way the devs priced the stim packs to the ratio of credits earned for the average player. The average player isn't going to be making huge bank auctioning items...not everyone can be so lucky. It's sad when even the engis won't heal. That frustrates me both in my role as engi and also commando. I just keep reminding myself that people mostly hold back on skill use, even the most important ones for essential game play bc of the way the game was designed. Then I also remind myself that I am lucky to have what I have which may be more than others but not much, and try to find people willing to use their skills and keep doing runs with them. My main is an engi but I also love playing comm, I have a char in every class but an engi that doesn't heal is the absolute worst (to me) because as comm it really gets expensive to play...and as engi I feel fortunate to play with comms conversely willing to take aggro back so that I don't get smothered into the ground.

Rodvik
10-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Can't help it if the economy in Star Legends is equivalent to that of the United States. Its high, stocks are good then BAM there goes my 401k! *shakes fist* Maybe our government is controlling the Star Legends economy. Soon they will let Korea bring in goods for 8% cheaper! We must retaliate! Lower the drop rate! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks,
-Rodvik

=D

I agree with you Rodvik!!!

ProSophist
10-22-2011, 09:38 AM
When it comes to money, many people goes by the saying "I don't care about anybody else as long as I make money."

Very blunt, but true.

Nobody is calling you greedy here. What people are trying to imply is that this thread has no point. Nobody can control the market. Even if you make a plead in the forum, most likely, nobody will listen. Even then, majority of the players don't check the forums so they'll keep doing what they're doing. Every single player playing the money game wont be sympathetic towards you just because you don't have money.

That's the beauty of the market.
Supply and demand.
No other way around it.

razerfingers
10-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Somone go farm and crash the market please :) i wanna get atleast one piece of gear to look forward to when i lvl to 35 lol

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 09:45 AM
When it comes to money, many people goes by the saying "I don't care about anybody else as long as I make money."

Very blunt, but true.

Nobody is calling you greedy here. What people are trying to imply is that this thread has no point. Nobody can control the market. Even if you make a plead in the forum, most likely, nobody will listen. Even then, majority of the players don't check the forums so they'll keep doing what they're doing. Every single player playing the money game wont be sympathetic towards you just because you don't have money.

That's the beauty of the market.
Supply and demand.
No other way around it.

Actually people can and do control the market lol. It's called mass merchanting. I was told at one point during beta that one guy dopey something literally owned almost every item in the auction. He with the money controls the prices.

And people DID call me greedy. Not implied, they used the actual term, lol.

EDIT: hahaha Rodvik, I feel sorry for you and your 401k

Rodvik
10-22-2011, 09:50 AM
I undercut like crazy, someone puts something up for 100k i normally throw it up there for 50k, yeah im probably shorting myself someq change, but when it sells in less than 10 minutes because the person buying is either like "omg thats so cheap compared to the next highest item" or their like "haha what an idiot he probably ment to put it up for 150k" i just got a great deal. My point is yes I undercut and I kill the market or should I say make it affordable for more people? Because now theres an opportunity that someone might undercut me for 10k cheaper or more. I get instant gratification like Gluttony said but now if I do that 10 or so more times now im up at least 300k depending on what i sell it for. Small profits eventually add up overtime and now its put me in a position where, well i dont mind losing 75k of my own credits (Halloween Haiku Contest) in trying to bring the community a littpe closer. Obviously alot of other people dont have my mind set but I mostly try to make money to do small events like that.

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down.
Everyone has the right to post the items they own at the price they want to sell it at. As much as I despise undercutting myself. There is not much you can do. I had made a suggestion in another thread which I am having a hard time finding right now. But it was that there should be auction history. When you go to list an item a history of sales for that item becomes visable with max price,low price and average price that it had sold for. As for your being upset about not making any money once hitting 30. You are not alone. Here is a nice guide that may help you with that problem.

Edit: Upon further reading my suggestion was in the thread I have linked here.

Fac3 there was no link :-(

Click the bolded word "Here"

jenniebeans
10-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Oops...thanks Kahlua :-/

ninjaduck
10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
supply and demand

and cheese :afro: :frog:

BodMaster
10-22-2011, 12:07 PM
what you said is true about farming but not every player gets a drop from farming so i dont think the game would collapse. I think people wouldnt be able to have as much of an advantage over other players just because they have alot of gold

Without farming there is not much else to do for the higher players of that level to do, they'd get bored and quit. Then players wouldn't be able to join high level runs hence to hard to level and quiting. Not all in one day over a space of ttime, either way I think if the drop rate was dropped as much as SL it would have an effect on the game and the ones that play it.

Sounds more like there's a 'problem' with drop rate more than anything else. The reasons why glyph items remain fairly high priced is that they are still fairly rare, and PL exists much longer than SL, so higher prices are normal (more gold/credits in circulation). Lots of people farm for glyphs, but the market is still not flooded like it appears to be in SL for current end game items.

That's pretty much spot on.. and I think that's what Kah was trying to get at, maybe worded a little different but same meaning. If the drop rate was lowered players may feel a little gratified (if that's even a word :p) for the effort they have put into this.

Have played PL since Droid users could and Beta SL so you can see the changes.

By the way you are talking about SL you haven't played much or at all? (could be wrong lol) The liquidation has been dropped quite considerably to nothing, (I like this, others may not) you can get 1-5 cred per liquidation at lvl 35 (36 cap) when in PL I was gettig 180-240 per liquidation. The difference is crazy but it has allowed STS to control the amount of currency in the game, so you can see how this has effected people's way of thinking.

Alot of players are comparing what they have seen/had in PL to SL and that's where the problem is. Say an item in PL is 2.8mill then the equivalent would be only 112k in SL (which in fact means cred is a higher currency than gold), due to the higher circulation in PL already and the amount that gets generated daily there.

Hope that makes sense.. not saying anyone is in the wrong or right it all depends on the reasons that make PL/SL a great experience (farm/fun/social/merchant) and since there are so many people with different opinions like someone else said this this topic could go on forever.

Fac3bon3s
10-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I undercut like crazy, someone puts something up for 100k i normally throw it up there for 50k, yeah im probably shorting myself someq change, but when it sells in less than 10 minutes because the person buying is either like "omg thats so cheap compared to the next highest item" or their like "haha what an idiot he probably ment to put it up for 150k" i just got a great deal. My point is yes I undercut and I kill the market or should I say make it affordable for more people? Because now theres an opportunity that someone might undercut me for 10k cheaper or more. I get instant gratification like Gluttony said but now if I do that 10 or so more times now im up at least 300k depending on what i sell it for. Small profits eventually add up overtime and now its put me in a position where, well i dont mind losing 75k of my own credits (Halloween Haiku Contest) in trying to bring the community a littpe closer. Obviously alot of other people dont have my mind set but I mostly try to make money to do small events like that.

I'm with you brother. My goal in this game is not to hoard credits but to have fun with friends and make it enjoyable for them as well. I try not to take these games to seriously. I understand for some their reasons differ but you have to remember, in the end these are just games and not real life. Lets all just try to make this fun for each other. The major mistake I made was upgrading my inventory slots on three different characters and not upgrading the amount of auction slots I have available to sell. So now I am stuck with 200 crafting materials on 1 toon with only one auction slot. LOL at me.

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm with you brother. My goal in this game is not to hoard credits but to have fun with friends and make it enjoyable for them as well. I try not to take these games to seriously. I understand for some their reasons differ but you have to remember, in the end these are just games and not real life. Lets all just try to make this fun for each other. The major mistake I made was upgrading my inventory slots on three different characters and not upgrading the amount of auction slots I have available to sell. So now I am stuck with 200 crafting materials on 1 toon with only one auction slot. LOL at me.

Upgrading accounts is the best deal STS offers us. 11 auction slots on 1 account with all that other stuff for like 30-50 plat? I forgot the actual price, but it would cost like double that just for the auction slots.

DJSKRILLEX
10-22-2011, 12:53 PM
its also greed to want somthing thats rare and hard to get for a lower price. either way it is greed.

Vearisea
10-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Thanks,
-Rodvik

=D

Amen

Spent almost 100k credits completing my custom set way way back. Now, my goodness I wouldn't even dare go to the buy section in the auction. I don't want to see how low it is to sell now. They should make drop rates really hard in sl to make gears such as these retain its value whatever its level. But I guess, spending that much is worth it at the time since it was nice to he one of the first few to sport the complete set. Epic sets aren't that epic if everyone can get them by spending a penny imo.

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
its also greed to want somthing thats rare and hard to get for a lower price. either way it is greed.
True. Very true.

CanonicalKoi
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't do a lot of buying and selling, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was really surprised how fast valuations dropped. The day Shipyards released, there was a Whistler in the CS for some obscene price--a couple hundred thou, maybe. Next morning you could by one for 25K and I imagine they're lower now. It seems like, as high as prices are in PL, they stay high for much, much longer (Shadow gear being a good example) than in SL.

BodMaster
10-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Upgrading accounts is the best deal STS offers us. 11 auction slots on 1 account with all that other stuff for like 30-50 plat? I forgot the actual price, but it would cost like double that just for the auction slots.

30 Plat for Premium account.

All mentioned above but do not forget Level 1,5,10 and 15 premium gear, though these are only green (rare) a premium player with Lvl 15 can reach 25+ even further if run with the right groups (same level not power levelling).

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't do a lot of buying and selling, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was really surprised how fast valuations dropped. The day Shipyards released, there was a Whistler in the CS for some obscene price--a couple hundred thou, maybe. Next morning you could by one for 25K and I imagine they're lower now. It seems like, as high as prices are in PL, they stay high for much, much longer (Shadow gear being a good example) than in SL.
I got one as a drop today and went to sell it. Prices were in the 20s this morning, so I listed somewhere in the middle of the highest and lowest 20k range and set it for 23 hours. Checked a half hour later, the new low was around 12k with like 5 people under 20k each clearly undercutting someone (numbers ending in 999, or 500). I'm sure when I sign in later to check the prices, it'll be under 10k. There needs to be scaled item drops...people don't need level 35 item drops yet. These items are going to keep getting listed and undercut until people reach level 35...and by then they'll be hundreds listed for 50 credits each.

TsunamiTheClown
10-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Funny story guys...

Right after the update the prices for materials spiked as you all know. MCOs were going for around 12k and carbs for around 9k. So being the good ghetto capitolist that i am, i listed my goodz right below market value. But in the process of listing multiples of each i accidentally listed a MCO for 8900 rather than 11900. When i came back in just around 30 mins, i was stunned to see that while the prices of the carbs had droped slightly(and i made a sale or two) the prices for the MCOs had almost been cut in half! I was looking at prices from 7-8k.

Now i am not niaeve enough to think that this stemmed entirely from my blooper of accidentally listing a comodity for what were in effect bargin prices. (It had sold btw-i was POed at myself) However, i do think that the market economy of SL is much more sensitive to things like a run on the market that other more tangible ones. If McDonalds decided to sell burgas for a quarter of their price burgas would not be flowing in the streets the next day...

I don't really know how to use this sensitivity to my advantage...but i will soon Maumuamauuuaaahhhh. XD jk.

Breadkeeper
10-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Actually people can and do control the market lol. It's called mass merchanting. I was told at one point during beta that one guy dopey something literally owned almost every item in the auction. He with the money controls the prices.

Yes he did do this, I made a fortune undercutting him, and having him buy my items. Problem was, in the end. he ended up giving away all the items, because nobody would by from him.

In the end supply and demand will ALWAYS win.

starsavior
10-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Lol have you even seen vanity prices now?

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 10:15 PM
All purples besides helmet and chest are listed for under 3k now.
All materials are around the same, even cheaper.

Come on. Scaled drops please.

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 06:52 AM
All purples besides helmet and chest are listed for under 3k now.
All materials are around the same, even cheaper.

Come on. Scaled drops please.

Yup way to many now.. hopefully when full Pink sets are released the rates will be scaled and alot less drops.

Prestige
10-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I think the auction system is annoying. They should of made it where you can set up some sort of shop and sell items from shop and add taxes. This would make people less likely to lower prices since they actually have to look for a good deal. This also prevents under cutting because auction house makes you pay to put up an item. People are less willing to give up credits or gold if the item does not sell. Some people make the item a severely low price to ensure the sale. This is just my opinion, but I can also see how some people like this system.

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I think the auction system is annoying. They should of made it where you can set up some sort of shop and sell items from shop and add taxes. This would make people less likely to lower prices since they actually have to look for a good deal. This also prevents under cutting because auction house makes you pay to put up an item. People are less willing to give up credits or gold if the item does not sell. Some people make the item a severely low price to ensure the sale. This is just my opinion, but I can also see how some people like this system.

I like the idea of just selling items to a shop for a set value. Make the drops worth a certain amount, and have the shop buy them for that amount. Even have the shop prices update based on the flow of that item that day, but not a huge fluctuation like there is now. Then have us buy gear from this as well. A lot of people will be mad and won;t stand for this because it basically eliminates merchanting.

Or do something where we supply the stock, but the game decides the buying price? Like based on how much stock there is, the suggested price changes? Give us like a buffer zone to list the prices. If the supply is very high, the middle price drops and the buffer with it...but not by like 10k every day like now...You can still make money by manipulating the market, but the prices won't drop at this astounding rate.

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Ok guys come on now, this is ridiculous.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319407492612.png

Undercutting by 25k when there's 3 items on the market? All 3 listed within the last 30 minutes. There was 1 when I listed and he undercut me immediately after (only by 1k, whatever).
That's just ridiculous. This is obviously the rarest Operative weapon because when the drop appeared I had NO idea what it was. Why on earth would you undercut someone by so much? Especially someone you're friends with (consider yourself removed). You really need money that fast that you'll sell for that price? Didn't you make 300k off of drops yesterday or something? Want to know how much money I have? I have 3k. I don't have a complete 35 armor set. This is my first purple drop other than my titan arms, which I am currently wearing.

I hope your weapon sells for 60k. I really do. Because now mine are also listed at 60k. Why 60? Because I'm not a jerk who undercuts by a huge amount just to get some quick cash. That's how prices get drive down, and that's why most of the purples are now just barely over 1000 credits. This is supposed to be epic gear. It's supposed to be expensive and only affordable by those with cash. The plat people who buy credits supply the cash. Let them supply and let everyone benefit the most from their wealth.

*Note - I did not take this picture. Javier did for me.

Edit: ANNNNNNDDDD you undercut me again. I made mine the exact same price, and you cut it 10k more to 50k. You're pathetic. Lock this thread, it's just going to turn into a flame war.

Deathpunch
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
If I had one of those pistols and ran across those listings, I would have posted it at 40k. I have no money into it. Other than the price of listing, it's all profit. Of course, I'm not one to squeeze every single credit out of someone just because I think I can.

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Breadkeeper
10-23-2011, 10:29 PM
No kidding, you get a drop and set a starting price of 65k? when things liquidate for 1-5 credits, and you get mad that someone undercuts you with a price thats still high, these purples should be no more then 20k max. in 2 weeks they will be 10k. Get over it.

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 10:59 PM
No kidding, you get a drop and set a starting price of 65k? when things liquidate for 1-5 credits, and you get mad that someone undercuts you with a price thats still high, these purples should be no more then 20k max. in 2 weeks they will be 10k. Get over it.
It costs 20k to UPGRADE the item. Upgrading an item adds hardly any stats. Therefore, by that relationship only, these prices SHOULD be all over 20k. If you read my thread, you'll see I mentioned MANY times that the majority of the credits currently in game are bought with platinum. You can liquidate to your hearts content, but people are just going to buy hundreds of thousands of credits.

In 2 weeks they'll be 10k? In 2 weeks they'll be worth 50 credits. Arms, legs, and most of the weapons are all under 2k right now. It's been 3 days.
Those guns are one of the few "rare" purples left, since there aren't scaled drops and every purple drop is now a lvl 35. There's 3 on the market. There are a LOT more than 3 operatives. More people are getting 35 by the hour. More people will need these weapons. Hardly anyone farms the last boss because the level is hard and everyone wants to get 35/36 ASAP. This means the purples he drops will continue to stay rare(r) for the time being. Sell them for 20k? Why not make everything 10 credits! Free items for everyone! Everyone gets the best gear, yay! They're rare, not everyone should be able to afford them.

Deathpunch
10-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Because if I sold them for 10 credits I would lose money from the listing cost. 25 credits maybe.

javier995
10-24-2011, 12:41 AM

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319407492612.png

Undercutting by 25k when there's 3 items on the market? All 3 listed within the last 30 minutes. There was 1 when I listed and he undercut me immediately after (only by 1k, whatever).
That's just ridiculous. This is obviously the rarest Operative weapon because when the drop appeared I had NO idea what it was. Why on earth would you undercut someone by so much? Especially someone you're friends with (consider yourself removed). You really need money that fast that you'll sell for that price? Didn't you make 300k off of drops yesterday or something? Want to know how much money I have? I have 3k. I don't have a complete 35 armor set. This is my first purple drop other than my titan arms, which I am currently wearing.

I hope your weapon sells for 60k. I really do. Because now mine are also listed at 60k. Why 60? Because I'm not a jerk who undercuts by a huge amount just to get some quick cash. That's how prices get drive down, and that's why most of the purples are now just barely over 1000 credits. This is supposed to be epic gear. It's supposed to be expensive and only affordable by those with cash. The plat people who buy credits supply the cash. Let them supply and let everyone benefit the most from their wealth.

Edit: ANNNNNNDDDD you undercut me again. I made mine the exact same price, and you cut it 10k more to 50k. You're pathetic. Lock this thread, it's just going to turn into a flame war.

I was wondering why you needed that screenshot lol. Glad i could help you get it.:)

Hullukko
10-24-2011, 02:26 AM
I think the gear quality may play a part here, too.

When sloucho came out I ran to the plat store to check the stats of those items, then to the crafting stations to check the stats of those items. Quick conclusion was that Custom Atomites will be my offense and good overall gear (better overall than the plat) and plat gear will be inferior and secondary, but useful as a defense gear (high dodge). As a result, it was clear that mats and atomites were really needed and I had to farm them furiously. This conclusion turned out to be more true than I expected, when I first put on full customs and noticed the smoke from +1mr and extra mana. The +1mr really made my day.

When shipyard came out I did the same, but this time the conclusion was that the custom atomites and the new plat gear will suffice. The new engineer plasma tech gear just doesn't cut it (+9 armor, -35 mana, not a trade I will make sorry). I dunno its bonus yet, but it'd have to be pretty big to change that. As a result I dumped pretty much everything I had and got, mats, new drops, what not, while the prices were and are reasonable. (demand)

Only the shields have to be obtained by farming, but they're easily gotten from the piss-easy sy3. From which the arms and legs drop too in such an abundance that they and shields will inundate the market, or already have to a lesser extent. (supply)

On the other hand, the sy5 is slow and more difficult than the others, as it now seems like some purps only drop there, they will remain reasonably priced.

I don't see a problem in market behaviour, quite the contrary, but I do see a problem with the new craft gear simply being not good enough. Well, I guess it's good for sts with 30 a piece plus a gun or two (both of which again are better bought from there). Well, the engies had it good the last time, I hope others did better this time around as I haven't had the time to compare the plat sets with blade techs and titan techs yet.

Rodvik
10-24-2011, 03:14 AM

Grats Mitsu on getting that as a drop in our run, loots hard to come by.

Funnything is despite him undercutting you 25k, you probably would have eventually sold that at 85k if you would have been patient enough. But it seems the way you have been acting about this whole issue, youre in the same boat as all of us, we want instant gratification.

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Wouldn't have sold for 85. The person who had his at 84 still had his at 84 this morning, with a few listed under him.

Rodvik
10-24-2011, 03:23 AM
Wouldn't have sold for 85. The person who had his at 84 still had his at 84 this morning, with a few listed under him.

I've known of at least 3 that have gone for 80 - 100k.

Because guildies are like holy crud I sold Bladefin for "x amount".

I guess its all about the right time for a buyer.

As some people say though, I guess we can look at the CS as a "dog eat dog world." It wont ever change no matter what game you play, all au tion houses are the same. I can only imagine how the Real Money Auction House is going to be in Diablo 3 when it comes out.

Also realize the best time to catch people online are from 3pm EST - 3 am EST so try and sell within that time range if you want to find a high priced buyer. Just a tip.

mugen
10-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Because if I sold them for 10 credits I would lose money from the listing cost. 25 credits maybe.

I'd undercut you and list at 15 lol

Gimme dem creds!

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 05:39 AM
I've known of at least 3 that have gone for 80 - 100k.

Because guildies are like holy crud I sold Bladefin for "x amount".

I guess its all about the right time for a buyer.

As some people say though, I guess we can look at the CS as a "dog eat dog world." It wont ever change no matter what game you play, all au tion houses are the same. I can only imagine how the Real Money Auction House is going to be in Diablo 3 when it comes out.

Also realize the best time to catch people online are from 3pm EST - 3 am EST so try and sell within that time range if you want to find a high priced buyer. Just a tip.

Sold them for 60k last night, the majority of which is going towards stim packs for my other accounts and for my PIF guild member so I can keep my perfect KDR and still hold off the blows from the new kids :D. I feel bad for the kid who held at 84 like he's supposed to. He's going to keep getting undercut, especially with everyone learning that farming the 5th boss with a 35 in your party is the way to make money now.

Deathpunch
10-24-2011, 06:04 AM
I'd undercut you and list at 15 lol

Gimme dem creds!

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

*rage* meanie!

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

kateku
10-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Dont bother so much and list for as long u can. Definitely will be able to sell when there is no items left.

I sold my comm armor for 100k in abt 7hrs.

Better to sell now then later when the items are more and prices are drop.

Hullukko
10-24-2011, 06:50 AM
Sold them for 60k last night, the majority of which is going towards stim packs for my other accounts and for my PIF guild member so I can keep my perfect KDR and still hold off the blows from the new kids :D. I feel bad for the kid who held at 84 like he's supposed to. He's going to keep getting undercut, especially with everyone learning that farming the 5th boss with a 35 in your party is the way to make money now.

All I see here is some ranting and raving for not getting as much money as you'd like to get from a new item.

Looking at that screenshot. Those fins ain't worth 80k. I myself might have put it up for 50k or less. Not caring one bit about your artificial prices of 84k and 85k, which I would've considered too high to begin with. If you think the 60k or a 50k was too cheap and more could been made, then you buy it off and make the profit margin you think there is. I've done that hundreds of times. But with these new items, I'd rather make the sale than get stuck with the item and being forced to sell the next day half the price. They will plummet, everybody knows that.

I'm sorry, but all this "*snif* I'd make more money if you guys didn't sell your junk so cheap" is just silly.

Deathpunch
10-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I'm sorry, but all this "*snif* I'd make more money if you guys didn't sell your junk so cheap" is just silly.

+1, good sir, +1.

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Sorry can't buy off items and sell for more because I don't have any money. Selling for "half price" later on is exactly the same as what you said you would list it at, so it's the exact same thing, only you're just skipping a step and possibly missing out. The fins are worth whatever I say they're worth. If there's only 3 items listed for 100k each, then the fins are worth 100k. I don't care if you don't think they're worth 100k, because that's what they're listed at, and if you want them, that's what you'll have to pay. Otherwise, wait.

Not all of us play 15 hours a day and can afford to dump items off for 1/4 of the price and just go farm some more. I've had 3 purple drops since the new levels came out. I'm level 35. 2 of those 3 I'm currently wearing. Meanwhile, some people are getting over 3 a day..some way more than 3 a day. When I get a drop that's rare and can be listed for a high price, that's what I'm going to list it at. I don't expect a 'friend' coming in and cutting me short 25k just because he plays 23 hours a day and a rare drop to him is just another colored item waiting to be sold.

There is no "supply and demand" anymore. There's "supply" and then there's "demand...but I don't get the concept of making money so I'll just keep undercutting until a merchant buys off all of our items and makes an enormous profit." Any supply and demand curve will show you that dropping the prices so much just because you want a "quick sale" isn't regulation. You all preach "supply and demand"...well that's how it works.

Deathpunch
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Of course you could always buy the item at the price that's undercutting you and re-list at a higher price. That is, if you have the credits.

Hullukko
10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Sorry can't buy off items and sell for more because I don't have any money. Selling for "half price" later on is exactly the same as what you said you would list it at, so it's the exact same thing, only you're just skipping a step and possibly missing out. The fins are worth whatever I say they're worth. If there's only 3 items listed for 100k each, then the fins are worth 100k. I don't care if you don't think they're worth 100k, because that's what they're listed at, and if you want them, that's what you'll have to pay. Otherwise, wait.

Not all of us play 15 hours a day and can afford to dump items off for 1/4 of the price and just go farm some more. I've had 3 purple drops since the new levels came out. I'm level 35. 2 of those 3 I'm currently wearing. Meanwhile, some people are getting over 3 a day..some way more than 3 a day. When I get a drop that's rare and can be listed for a high price, that's what I'm going to list it at. I don't expect a 'friend' coming in and cutting me short 25k just because he plays 23 hours a day and a rare drop to him is just another colored item waiting to be sold.

There is no "supply and demand" anymore. There's "supply" and then there's "demand...but I don't get the concept of making money so I'll just keep undercutting until a merchant buys off all of our items and makes an enormous profit." Any supply and demand curve will show you that dropping the prices so much just because you want a "quick sale" isn't regulation. You all preach "supply and demand"...well that's how it works.

No, it's called speculation and at the prospect of falling prices there's bound to be some. You seem to have this idea of items being worth what you say when you hold lowest bid and that's fine, but when someone decides to sell at a lower price than you suddenly they're criminally undercutting you from your profits. I'd say that's business at it's most usual.

Also, you're obviously forgetting some of the incetives to make a quick sale. The auction slot limits for one. Especially now that the level cap has been raised and people run like crazy. Well, when they run like crazy they get drops like crazy and with a limited slots one needs to make quick sales or get stuck with an abundance of gear that's gonna be worth less than the cut price because of not being able to sell it in due time when the prices are still booming. And another might be a sudden need of liquid money for, i dunno, new gear perhaps.

JaytB
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Sorry can't buy off items and sell for more because I don't have any money.

Didn't you say you sold that thing for 60k, just a couple of posts back? And you still don't have credits?

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Didn't you say you sold that thing for 60k, just a couple of posts back? And you still don't have credits?

I also mentioned how I spent about 40k of it on stim packs for my various accounts, primarily my account in PIF.
Plus, the only things worth "merchanting" are the helmets, chests, and back parts, with a few weapons mixed in. With 60k I can barely afford any of them.

JaytB
10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I also mentioned how I spent about 40k of it on stim packs for my various accounts, primarily my account in PIF.
Plus, the only things worth "merchanting" are the helmets, chests, and back parts, with a few weapons mixed in. With 60k I can barely afford any of them.

Then you should find cheaper stuff to merch, so you can actually step it up later and start with the expensive stuff.

Edit: building up your gold first and not spending it as soon as you have it helps too. Just a tip.

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I would if I played more often. Merchanting isn't really the best idea for the casual player.

JaytB
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
I would if I played more often. Merchanting isn't really the best idea for the casual player.

I don't know how these other people merchant, but it actually doesn't require that much time, if you do it right. Check prices of specific popular items, 3-4 times a day (total of 20mins). Track their prices (enter price in an excel sheet or write them down: 1 min), buy when cheap (1 min), sell when prices go up by putting in the auction house (1 min). 30mins a day doesn't seem that hard to me. Not wanting to sound offensive but it just sounds to me you want everything way too easy and don't bother to look at other possibilities. You seem to have a lot of time writing your comments on the forum, you might want to put that same energy/time in the game instead. Just sayin'

Elyseon
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Obviosly epics arent all that low in supply, if its the same drop rate as sloucho of course theyre cheap

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't know how these other people merchant, but it actually doesn't require that much time, if you do it right. Check prices of specific popular items, 3-4 times a day (total of 20mins). Track their prices (enter price in an excel sheet or write them down: 1 min), buy when cheap (1 min), sell when prices go up by putting in the auction house (1 min). 30mins a day doesn't seem that hard to me. Not wanting to sound offensive but it just sounds to me you want everything way too easy and don't bother to look at other possibilities. You seem to have a lot of time writing your comments on the forum, you might want to put that same energy/time in the game instead. Just sayin'
I'm at work. I sit at a desk with 3 different computers and I finished my work for the day. There is no way I'm taking out my phone and playing this in front of people. That's social suicide lol. Atleast on a forum no one knows what it is :p. Merchanting is not a 30 minute a day thing, especially with people undercutting you every 15 minutes. Maybe in pocket legends it was different, but these items appear in the auction at a alarming rate, especially in the range of items I can afford. The fact that I was undercut twice in 30 minutes on an item with a stock of less than 5 is bad enough. Now imagine on an item where there's 20 of it. I'd have to constantly be watching the market to snatch up any items that came up. No, merching small items isn't worth the time or effort here. When I'm not on the forums or doing my work, I'm watching the stock market and doing some light day trading. I'm not a total noob when it comes to economics.

Catwomen
11-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah prices are getting pretty low but I will help people that can't afford to get stuff

Garvhoz
11-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Me I just put everything for 101credits
I like giving at a low price ^-^
EDIT: lowest price for three days

DJMdivine
11-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Max for me is 30 mins of merchanting in both pocket and star legends. I have also found it ten times easier to merchant in SL than PL.

blox
11-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Prices gone low because
People are farming a lot
For the same item and putting them in cs cheaper than the cheap item and prices gone deep but the discontinued items like fest prices will stay be the same unless it comes out again in dec

Kahlua
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah prices are getting pretty low but I will help people that can't afford to get stuff
sometimes I like to bump posts that are 2 weeks old -.-

TsunamiTheClown
11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
As you guys may have noticed, the Mystrruus Charrctrr might by running low on purps...did a lot of runs the other day and just bagged a bunch of oranges. Didnt see any purps and hear that they might be drying up.

Rodvik
11-05-2011, 08:00 PM
If you continually milk a cow, eventually you won't get anymore milk.

You have to let the Mysterious Shade regenerate his purples.

Here's an SAT Analogy for you.

Mysterious Shade is to Dropping Purples as Elves are to ?

That's right! Making Epic Toys!

Fbabe
11-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Obviously, some ppl dont understand the economic concept of this game, and how DEVS ARE MAKING MONEY. You too Kahlua.

U cant "make money" in this game by hard work, grinding and farming... The only times when money is actually produced, is when you kill a mob, or sell trash for some credits. But because of the stims-sink, this money is soon out of circulation.

The money u "earn" from auction, is just meant to be used to buy back something. So it doesnt matter how much an item in auction cost, the creds involved is only for exchanging purpose. "Making money" in this case only possible by speculation.

Where does the money come from, which the ppl use to buy the items u sell?
Its from plats!
Nobody earns but the devs when prices in auction are high!

Kahlua
11-12-2011, 06:06 PM
-.-

I already said that the reason credit liquidation values are so low is because the devs know that we have to buy credits in order to afford stuff. If no one bought credits, you wouldn't be saying anyone running around in custom gear. I don't care if you buy credits. Buy 10 million for all I care. If I get a good item and sell it for good money, I don't care if the money is blood-money, it's money in my pocket. If I get an item and sell it for 10 credits because everything is so cheap, well then I'm screwed and I'll have to buy more money if I want gear. Someone has to supply the money.

And for christ's sake, just let this thread die! Stop bumping it -.-

Fbabe
11-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Lol, where is your logic going? If market want u to sell something valueable for 40c, u ll get something for 40c back. Except if u r so dumb to sell in bears and buy in bulls.

What u mentioned in an earlier post is that u need high prices to earn creds for your stims.
In another word, u want ppl to pay real money for ur own fun.
Lmao.

I'm done. Just the last bump to say how funny u r.

SuRfY
11-13-2011, 06:59 AM
bump>>>>>>>>>>>>>