View Full Version : Insta-Level Option

XghostzX
08-21-2017, 09:36 AM
I think it would be in STS' and the community's favor if there was an option to insta-level to 100. Because of the low player-base in PL, this would be advantageous in two ways:

1. Increase the endgame community player-base.
2. This is a profitable plan of action.

Some of the most successful MMORPG's utilize this tactic. I believe that it will not jeopardize the foundation of this game, which is grinding/leveling. Should players still want to grind and level, then they can. But I think it's of the utmost importance to give players that opportunity to get to level 100 instantly in order to sustain the player-base. With the decrease in available players at each level cap, it becomes increasingly difficult to find parties to level up with.

Dolloway
08-21-2017, 02:24 PM
I agree. I actually would love to have a level 100 rhino and perhaps even a bear, but the thought of having to cap yet again by going through tedious quests that will take a dozen or two hours, especially with the lack of consistent teams, makes me not want to even attempt it.

Magic Sword
08-21-2017, 05:43 PM
I actually would love to have a level 100 rhino and perhaps even a bear
They would be the most beautiful rhino and bear to ever exist in the game

SillyJuan
08-21-2017, 05:45 PM
They used this for Arcane Legends, how hard could it be to implement this in Pocket legends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arvoh
08-21-2017, 08:46 PM
I can only imagine pvp games being all rhinos, kinda like mages in 80, if something like that was implemented. Lol

XghostzX
08-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Cinco, I really hope you put some thought into this. As much as I love to main my mage, I would gladly buy some insta-level packs for other classes. I just don't have the time to level up other toons, and it would be great to play with other classes at endgame. Particularly when FFA or CTF matches require even teams, this allows users to easily substitute in other classes.

plpr
08-21-2017, 11:21 PM
Would there be some kind of algorithm to scale? Say im level 90 i dont want to pay the same as a level 1 to get to 100..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XghostzX
08-21-2017, 11:55 PM
Would there be some kind of algorithm to scale? Say im level 90 i dont want to pay the same as a level 1 to get to 100..

Not a bad implementation. But seeing as Cinco can't invest too much time and resources into PL, I feel as though a one-price for any level would make the most sense.

Burningdex
08-22-2017, 03:43 AM
Far too busy to level, would lvoe to finally cap my bird. Would love to see this implemented

humiiii
08-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Not going to happen because 50 people max still play this game, not worth for sts

XghostzX
08-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Not going to happen because 50 people max still play this game, not worth for sts

Yeah 50 max people play this game because the rest are too discouraged to level up...

All the more reason to implement an insta-level option.

HotDiggityDog
08-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Ah yeah this would be useful, ID like to have 20 level 100s one to farm one for pvp, another for giveaways, ah so many different things you can do with a level 100, this idea is pretty good

XghostzX
08-22-2017, 06:42 PM
Ah yeah this would be useful, ID like to have 20 level 100s one to farm one for pvp, another for giveaways, ah so many different things you can do with a level 100, this idea is pretty good

Well then hot diggity dog I think we should make this a thing

Kurvy
08-22-2017, 08:58 PM
I agree, quite advantageous

Duckypowerz
08-22-2017, 09:36 PM
I'd rather see +/-5 implemented again :)

Apa
08-22-2017, 10:01 PM
If this does get implemented I hope we won't have to pay excessive amount of money just to instantly be L100

Duckypowerz
08-22-2017, 10:04 PM
If this does get implemented I hope we won't have to pay excessive amount of money just to instantly be L100

From a business standpoint you will 100% have to pay an excessive amount of money.

Apa
08-22-2017, 10:05 PM
From a business standpoint you will 100% have to pay an excessive amount of money.

Well lets make a guesstimate.. like 3000-4000 plat?
What would you think is reasonable?

Duckypowerz
08-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Well lets make a guesstimate.. like 3000-4000 plat?
What would you think is reasonable?

i have no clue tbh but if you look at how much xp it would take to cap which is about 1.3m from 0-100 I think and look at how much plat it would cost to buy enough xp packs then there is your answer which again will cost an excessive amount of money I'm talking way over 1000$ lol

Apa
08-22-2017, 10:36 PM
i have no clue tbh but if you look at how much xp it would take to cap which is about 1.3m from 0-100 I think and look at how much plat it would cost to buy enough xp packs then there is your answer which again will cost an excessive amount of money I'm talking way over 1000$ lol

I don't think that is the best way to work it out.
I've leveled a toon from 1-85 within 2 hours
I used a 3x combo blessing and a dev drag and shamrock ale elix
Then I used about 70 plat from 1-73 for access to prison..
just 1-85 alone is only around 70 plat, and it only costs $10 to get 75 plat I think..
Then I'm not sure how many days it takes to level to 100 but I really don't think anyone will
Pay over $1000 just to be L100 instantly. With that money I think I rather spend it on a
Two way airline ticket, and still have $500 to spare for spending.

From a business standpoint sure maybe you'll have to pay
excessive amount of money but there also has to be limits.
In my honest opinion even $300 is way too much. But $100-$150 seems fair.

Duckypowerz
08-22-2017, 10:40 PM
I don't think that is the best way to work it out.
I've leveled a toon from 1-85 within 2 hours
I used a 3x combo blessing and a dev drag and shamrock ale elix
Then I used about 70 plat from 1-73 for access to prison..
just 1-85 alone is only around 70 plat, and it only costs $10 to get 75 plat I think..
Then I'm not sure how many days it takes to level to 100 but I really don't think anyone will
Pay over $1000 just to be L100 instantly. With that money I think I rather spend it on a
Two way airline ticket, and still have $500 to spare for spending.

From a business standpoint sure maybe you'll have to pay
excessive amount of money but there also has to be limits.
In my honest opinion even $300 is way too much. But $100-$150 seems fair.

Oh no I totally agree I'd never pay that or even buy xp packs cause I know I can grind the same amount that I could buy at a fraction of the cost, but sts would most likely look at it in a different way from us.

XghostzX
08-23-2017, 09:31 AM
I would pay $50 bucks max to insta-level lol, still a simple and better way to make any profit at all.

Jilsponie
08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
It takes about 2-3 days to go from 85-100 if you really grind... you can get to 85 in just a few hours with a dev Dragon and little platinum. I've capped 3 so far not using platinum at all, it's really not that bad.

Blyzzor
08-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Maybe if we had a couple of problems fixed in pve earlier we wouldn't have this problem now and 50% less players than a month ago. I may have predicted this earlier accidentally..

SillyJuan
08-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Level 100 insta level, only after you at least have capped one char. Also insta level should be at least 50-100$

Kurvy
08-23-2017, 10:55 PM
So you guys want to buy l100s huh

Duckypowerz
08-24-2017, 12:22 AM
So you guys want to buy l100s huh

Nope I want pvp restrictions back because 56-76 pvp is worlds more fun than 100, 100 became boring very fast with a toxic community and to many boosters, I try to play low lvls but constantly get rushed by 100s which is annoying because I have 2 100s and have never boosted. This is just my opinion and I'm sure others share it. But being able to buy your way to 100 would have saved me tons of time which is also why I'm kinda ok with it.

humiiii
08-24-2017, 06:32 AM
Yeah 50 max people play this game because the rest are too discouraged to level up...

All the more reason to implement an insta-level option.

Tbh 50 max people play this game because there's only one pvp lvl which is endgame :)

P.S: Endgame is bad

xfarmtwinkx
08-26-2017, 02:28 PM
You guys realize a huge game such as WoW only charges around £30 for the max level, why would anyone pay 100-150$ to max level on a mobile app with no regular content? What a joke of an idea..

XghostzX
08-26-2017, 02:31 PM
You guys realize a huge game such as WoW only charges around £30 for the max level, why would anyone pay 100-150$ to max level on a mobile app with no regular content? What a joke of an idea..

Congratulations, you win! PL is full of adorable morons :)

3pc
08-26-2017, 04:08 PM
I agree with will i dont see how this idea can go wrong its a win-win for everyone. The people who complain saying a level 1 pays same amount as a level 85 well then dont buy it and go level up your loss.

plpr
08-26-2017, 05:00 PM
I agree with will i dont see how this idea can go wrong its a win-win for everyone. The people who complain saying a level 1 pays same amount as a level 85 well then dont buy it and go level up your loss.

It would be simple to implement lol. Let me simplify how it should go. If you just want a level 1 to go instantly to 100 lets say it would be roughly 100 dollars. But you already have a level 90 that you want to do the same thing for. But 90-100 is still a large portion because of the massive amount of xp needed. 1-85 its pretty simple it might take 1-2 hourse but anything past i think should decrease the amount you would have to play on an insta level up.
Sorry if this is confusing.

XghostzX
08-26-2017, 05:08 PM
It would be simple to implement lol. Let me simplify how it should go. If you just want a level 1 to go instantly to 100 lets say it would be roughly 100 dollars. But you already have a level 90 that you want to do the same thing for. But 90-100 is still a large portion because of the massive amount of xp needed. 1-85 its pretty simple it might take 1-2 hourse but anything past i think should decrease the amount you would have to play on an insta level up.

There are some fairly simple algorithms that can scale the amount of plat you spend based on what you level you are. I don't suspect it's too hard to implement, though I'm not the expert coder...

plpr
08-26-2017, 05:09 PM
There are some fairly simple algorithms that can scale the amount of plat you spend based on what you level you are. I don't suspect it's too hard to implement, though I'm not the expert coder...

Exactly what im saying thanks for simplifying.

xfarmtwinkx
08-26-2017, 05:21 PM
You don't understand business at all, they aren't going to implement something that will take time and work from AL to a dead game to add something that's gathered the attention of about 5 people. They know 100$ isn't viable for the average player... Especially for a mobile game. Have some common sense and analyse the whole situation rather than just because YOU someone with no experience wants it in the game.

3pc
08-26-2017, 06:42 PM

I understand what your saying but if you really want you could just make a level 1 then and buy it to 100 makes no diff really just a new kd thats pretty much it

plpr
08-26-2017, 08:15 PM
You don't understand business at all, they aren't going to implement something that will take time and work from AL to a dead game to add something that's gathered the attention of about 5 people. They know 100$ isn't viable for the average player... Especially for a mobile game. Have some common sense and analyse the whole situation rather than just because YOU someone with no experience wants it in the game.

Thats what we all thought. Then 77 cap came out. Then 80 cap came out. Then 85 cap came out. Then 100 cap came out.

Kurvy
08-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Might as well delete every map below prison

XghostzX
08-27-2017, 12:09 AM

You've missed maybe the other 50% of what makes STS the company they are – and that's remaining invested in games and people that they love and will forever be passionate about. Time after time they tip their hats to this beautiful game they made. When it comes to decent-hearted people like the STS staff, what has always been common sense for them – and what has made them stand out among other mobile gaming companies – is to do their best to not leave any games/communities hanging.

And I recognize that STS need to devote their time on new material; I fully support that. But seeing that STS always has this raw desire to leave their products in good standing, this is the quick, common-sense, logical solution to maintain the player-base.

xfarmtwinkx
08-27-2017, 04:06 AM
No, Cinco has the time and cares enough to use old content with a cosmetic change to add a new Cap because he knows it will bring in money from nearly the whole remaining community, whereas this idea is good us love to insta cap its the cost you think it's worth that stupid, and Cinco would look at the bigger picture and be realistic about how many buyers there would be for whatever price. 50-100$ is just plain stupid.

XghostzX
08-27-2017, 08:49 AM
No, Cinco has the time and cares enough to use old content with a cosmetic change to add a new Cap because he knows it will bring in money from nearly the whole remaining community, whereas this idea is good us love to insta cap its the cost you think it's worth that stupid, and Cinco would look at the bigger picture and be realistic about how many buyers there would be for whatever price. 50-100$ is just plain stupid.

I got lost in the middle of what you were saying lol

xfarmtwinkx
08-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Me too but basically just because you want something and claim to want to be paying $100 for it means nothing and is pretty stupid, get a realistic price and do a pool maybe? Show Cinco and the PL team it would be worth it

XghostzX
08-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Me too but basically just because you want something and claim to want to be paying $100 for it means nothing and is pretty stupid, get a realistic price and do a pool maybe? Show Cinco and the PL team it would be worth it

I'm just saying, if the whole community unanimously wanted to pay $100 for an insta-level because they felt it was worth that much, there isn't anything stupid about it.

But I agree, we shouldn't have to pay $100 for this. Lmao

xfarmtwinkx
08-27-2017, 01:40 PM
The stupid part is the beginning of that cost associated with that reward. You realise firstly, you have to analyze player base of a mobile application, the age range, average income of that player etc, 100$ is no way near viable for probably 75% of the community but if thought was put into the idea and you analyzed the factors and came out with a decent price and a poll of the amount of people that would possibly use this it was probably be a lot more impactful and catch Cincos attention.

Kurvy
08-27-2017, 02:44 PM
The stupid part is the beginning of that cost associated with that reward. You realise firstly, you have to analyze player base of a mobile application, the age range, average income of that player etc, 100$ is no way near viable for probably 75% of the community but if thought was put into the idea and you analyzed the factors and came out with a decent price and a poll of the amount of people that would possibly use this it was probably be a lot more impactful and catch Cincos attention.

your argument has no validity, people spent 90 dollars easily to buy latko (have you seen all the latkos) so they could level up on prison/oktal swamps, what makes you think they wont spend money to INSTA-LEVEL... youre thinking way to far into this...

They reality is, if cinco made this 100 dollars... people would pay for it in a heart beat.

xfarmtwinkx
08-27-2017, 03:23 PM
You're saying I have no validity? Yet you contradict yourself by using your opinion and heart in a pathetic statement claiming people will..? Earn Free plat that's how I bought laktos, where's the addition to that issue? Prove me with statistics people right now are going to pay $100 for level 1-100 on a dying mobile game and make sure it's at least have the player base not 3 die hard fans respectfully I admit wanting to give the devs free cash to keep the game alive. Look at it in a different light also, what if 100 players and re occuring die hard players regularly bought this boost at 20$ a piece, this would instantly amount to $2000 revenue with w possible extra $1000 from the new and re occuring payments for multiple characters, where as at a hefty 100-150$ PER 1 INSTANT BOOST a few die hard fans purchased this a month or per 2 months etc it's a measly 500-1000$ possibly instantly but with not much regularity and consistent purchases for different characters etc., ( I haven't bothered to proof read this so if they're any errors feel free to call.me out)

XghostzX
08-27-2017, 06:31 PM

You also have to recognize that many players have blown ridiculous amounts of cash on this game in the past. Why? Because it's a game that has provided, literally, years (7 for me) of entertainment on a mobile platform – which to me is pretty remarkable. If I could spend $100 dollars to enjoy years of gameplay on my phone, then the payoff is actually a lot more in the player's favor and not as much as you think for the devs.

To stress again, though – I do not think the price should be $100 for something like this. $25 seems more up my ally. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up costing $50+

xfarmtwinkx
08-28-2017, 04:38 AM
If you read my post before you wrote that one you'd see we basically have the same idea, but the main point behind what you just said is DIE HARD FANS I'd call my self one if I wasn't locked out of my account I love the game, but it would make them more money for all of the community to be able to afford this boost and to use multiple times in their account span. A lot more revenue could be made by having a reasonable cost. I agree 25-50$ is a perfect price range.

SillyJuan
08-28-2017, 05:24 AM
25-50 sounds fair tbh. But there should be pre-requisites before this option is available. At least cap one char in the game without using the insta level option, that way we can still have players get a feel for the game, Instead of diving right into with a level 100 char. Some people enjoy the process still. Nonetheless insta level is a great option to have, That way we could focus on farming/pvp purely. New rare dragon sets (recolored) would be cool as well buts that's asking for too much [emoji23]

xfarmtwinkx
08-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Yes very well said! ^ This is a brilliant idea it keeps a certain challenge and experience with the game and divides from the repetitiveness of most games with the idea of like you said at least 1 capped Char or at least 1 char @71 or one of the big old caps? As for the rest coloured dragons I honestly don't get why they don't do this it's a real shame! With some updated advertisement I think the devs would be surprised at how well this game would start doing again

XghostzX
08-28-2017, 10:27 AM
25-50 sounds fair tbh. But there should be pre-requisites before this option is available. At least cap one char in the game without using the insta level option, that way we can still have players get a feel for the game, Instead of diving right into with a level 100 char. Some people enjoy the process still. Nonetheless insta level is a great option to have, That way we could focus on farming/pvp purely. New rare dragon sets (recolored) would be cool as well buts that's asking for too much [emoji23]

I do like the idea of having at least one toon maxed out before purchasing insta-levels.

It's unfortunate I haven't seen the devs reply to any of these threads, though, for a loooong time...

SillyJuan
08-28-2017, 08:55 PM
I do like the idea of having at least one toon maxed out before purchasing insta-levels.

It's unfortunate I haven't seen the devs reply to any of these threads, though, for a loooong time...

Devs are working hard on our future content, they barely have time to check up on us!

XghostzX
08-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Devs are working hard on our future content, they barely have time to check up on us!

Really hope the future content will be worthwhile :)

#Opmage#
08-29-2017, 04:51 PM
eh $50 still too much i think 1-2$ should to the trick ��������

plpr
08-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Ima have to disagree on the pre requisite idea. 9/10 of the people that quit from lvl 100 being too hard aren't interested in leveling to 100 one time. Just make it like AL except cost less because less people play.

3pc
08-29-2017, 09:42 PM
$50 buys 800 plat which is a pretty reasonable plat that can last you a while (depends how you spend it tho obv) but anyways $50 is actually a really good price to pay for insta level to 100 and i would do it if i had extra cash just to throw around for no reason.

Apa
08-30-2017, 12:24 AM
$50 buys 800 plat which is a pretty reasonable plat that can last you a while (depends how you spend it tho obv) but anyways $50 is actually a really good price to pay for insta level to 100 and i would do it if i had extra cash just to throw around for no reason.

800 plat ($50) for L100 Vs 600 plat for 20k xp rip sts xD

Suentous PO
08-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Ima have to disagree on the pre requisite idea. 9/10 of the people that quit from lvl 100 being too hard aren't interested in leveling to 100 one time. Just make it like AL except cost less because less people play.

Uh, they eliminated the instant level option in AL too, and said there's no plans to bring it back.
I don't get why doe

XghostzX
08-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Uh, they eliminated the instant level option in AL too, and said there's no plans to bring it back.
I don't get why doe

Dang, didn't know that. Seems like a simple and effective method for sustaining the player-base.

3pc
08-30-2017, 04:24 PM
800 plat ($50) for L100 Vs 600 plat for 20k xp rip sts xD

Fr tho xD but idk if anyone would be willing to pay more then $100 for that

Zojak
09-05-2017, 05:41 PM
I like this idea. Maybe not straight to 100. Maybe 90 or 95, could be easily implemented as they had a boost type deal several years ago

Suentous PO
09-11-2017, 10:54 PM
All my past 7 end gamers are at like 86 when I quit, I'd try end game maybe if this existed, but as it is-
Ty for twink levels again! That's where I'll be :devilish:

Draebatad
09-12-2017, 03:24 PM
I do support the idea of instantly leveling from 85 to 100 at the cost of a reasonable platinum fee. We probably all know a handful of people who simply don't have the time or interest to grind to 100. This option would likely appeal to a large audience and help to increase the number of active players in this community, while generating revenue for the studio.

It's also worth looking into doubling up the quest collection and possibly the XP orb drops in bog (and if so, also in Hyper Swamp). The journey through bog is indeed a long and slow one.