PDA

View Full Version : This is senseless, is it not?

Xazic
10-22-2011, 08:48 AM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/th_896e154a.jpg (http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/?action=view&current=896e154a.jpg)
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/th_4014d8c4.jpg (http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/?action=view&current=4014d8c4.jpg)
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/th_d2c897f9.jpg (http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/?action=view&current=d2c897f9.jpg)
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/th_cd3f9944.jpg (http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x345/k1100333/?action=view&current=cd3f9944.jpg)

And not a single trident :crushed:
Not fair! I got bought a lot, as you can see, and not one single devilish trident.
My dreams of having the devil costume are broken :(

Piosidon
10-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Could you spare a zombie head? Jk anyway that seems a lot of plat being spent.

Gluttony
10-22-2011, 09:04 AM
I could see how that would make one sad, but it is random and the driving force behind the drop system and why this gimmick is making STS so much money right now. Players are spending obscene amounts of plat to get quadruples of rented costumes and pinning their hopes on one specific vanity item. Sure the devil set is pretty sweet, but if you're not lucky enough to get it in one or two shots the real "senseless" part of the situation is that you're still hopeful that you'll get it next time. I understand that it is your plat and you're free to spend it how you want, it doesn't affect me one way or the other, just now sure what you expect this thread to accomplish; perhaps deter a player or two from following in your footsteps, or just a simple statement of agreement... "It is perhaps the most senseless thing I've seen in quite a while."

Ixillicus
10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
It's like buying Magic Card booster packs. You want that really rare card, doesn't mean it's going to be in there. Buying more and more would seem ridiculous to most people, but its your money.

RedRyder
10-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I used to do the same thing with Pokemon cards lol. But instead of a like 1 of 200 chance, you have a better shot.
I've only wanted the new witch hat, and I got it last night attempting to get the new items. I sorta want the new shield now :(

Regretting spending the 150 plat on disobedient bats

Cascade
10-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Lol, whip those bats into shap Red! ;)

XghostzX
10-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Hahahahah xazic bro. This is a huge epic fail man. Keep trying >:D

Roc
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I feel like they should just sell the vanities individually for a boosted price, maybe 30 plat? That way, we'll still be spending money but without getting duplicates. Less money will be spent, yes, but players will be happier and more devilish :redface:

NECROREAPER
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I got 5 pirate hats and 3 swashbucklers before I got anything good... :/

Zeus
10-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah, spent over 400 platinum on those packs. Now that I think on it, probably not the smartest move. I think I spent 400 platinum+, I'd have to count them up.

Xazic
10-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Bleh, i agree they should sell the items individually for a boosted price -_-
Would be easier and i would be happier...
STS I CANNOT GET PLATINUM FOREVER!!!!
(running out)

Fyrce
10-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Bought 18 packs and got 1 pitchfork...

pastrychef
10-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Bleh, i agree they should sell the items individually for a boosted price -_-
Would be easier and i would be happier...
STS I CANNOT GET PLATINUM FOREVER!!!!
(running out)

Well said. +1

Arthanos
10-22-2011, 08:37 PM
I used to do the same thing with Pokemon cards lol. But instead of a like 1 of 200 chance, you have a better shot.
I've only wanted the new witch hat, and I got it last night attempting to get the new items. I sorta want the new shield now :(

Regretting spending the 150 plat on disobedient bats

I'll take them off your hands, lol :) but thats why I dont buy plat :(

Slush
10-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I feel like they should just sell the vanities individually for a boosted price, maybe 30 plat? That way, we'll still be spending money but without getting duplicates. Less money will be spent, yes, but players will be happier and more devilish :redface:

Ah, but you see, STS is still making more money this way. I do agree that something like this would be better for the consumers, but not the producers.

Zeus
10-22-2011, 11:53 PM
What they normally do is sell them this way, then when people complain, they give them refunds. They already got the money so they profit either way. It's a win win situation either way. At least, that's what happened last halloween. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as both parties benefit.

Gluttony
10-23-2011, 12:15 AM
What they normally do is sell them this way, then when people complain, they give them refunds. They already got the money so they profit either way. It's a win win situation either way. At least, that's what happened last halloween. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as both parties benefit.

Any system that is used and fails but isn't scrapped is a bad thing in my book. If STS has to revise things and refund players for a choice they made then I'd say a change is in order, sounds like a waste of man hours. Just create system where everyone has felt they have won; learn from mistakes and evolve.

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-23-2011, 03:12 AM
What a gamble! Spent 1500 plat! Not even one pitchfork ! Im not complaining im writing this so you know i feel more than you do. Stressful!

Zeus
10-23-2011, 05:39 AM
What a gamble! Spent 1500 plat! Not even one pitchfork ! Im not complaining im writing this so you know i feel more than you do. Stressful!

Are you buying the int pack? They come from the int pack.

cynic
10-23-2011, 05:54 AM
do i need to remind you guys i said if u pay 500 for a helmet they gonna introduce things like this. now its my turn to laugh 400 plat apollo ? really

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-23-2011, 06:01 AM
ty for this! i just realized this now from othe post hahaha im really noob.. now i send email to them if ican refund some plat i spent in warrior set i bought,,.i actually dont need

cynic
10-23-2011, 07:01 AM
refund for what? you bought them they didnt push you, in case u get a refund everybody else can ask for refund because they didnt get what they want, it was your greedy choice to get 1 item so better deal with it

introducing pokemon or yugioh elements in a mmorpg seems kinda silly and a lot of kids will be in trouble, parents complaining bout the adictiveness and loss of money. if sts wans it like this well just follow them but this is the future of pl.

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-23-2011, 07:17 AM
refund for what? you bought them they didnt push you, in case u get a refund everybody else can ask for refund because they didnt get what they want, it was your greedy choice to get 1 item so better deal with it

introducing pokemon or yugioh elements in a mmorpg seems kinda silly and a lot of kids will be in trouble, parents complaining bout the adictiveness and loss of money. if sts w follow them but this is the future of pl.

Tnx for advice lol! Pls note that im looting for pitchfork and i bought lots of warrior set . My mistake that it was in enchantreess set since i thought pitchfork is more of bears weapon ?! Hahahah my mistake it fires !
Just my confusion and i think its fair o try to ask for refund . And im not demanding

cynic
10-23-2011, 07:25 AM
that was clear to me but what do you expect, i bought 3 packs just to spoil my plat because i wont be using it anymore, i could ask my 3 packs to be refunded because i need the warrior pack intstead of the enchant

so if they give it back to you they need to refund everyone else his/her bought packs.

this is not your fault its sts because they introduced this to the game with one reasson money money money.

Elf-Orc-Naga
10-23-2011, 07:34 AM
that was clear to me but what do you expect, i bought 3 packs just to spoil my plat because i wont be using it anymore, i could ask my 3 packs to be refunded because i need the warrior pack intstead of the enchant

so if they give it back to you they need to refund everyone else his/her bought packs.

this is not your fault its sts because they introduced this to the game with one reasson money money money.

Its different case. I have already all of the items except for pitchfork when o started to gamble :) dont blame anyone and we should take responsible on our own action.

cynic
10-23-2011, 07:36 AM
so why started this thread in the first place?
just buy some more then untill you have what you need

Xazic
10-23-2011, 08:24 AM
so why started this thread in the first place?
just buy some more then untill you have what you need

YOU might have an infinite platinum income, BUT some people just cannot afford that "just buying more" until they get it...

cynic
10-23-2011, 08:30 AM
could u not see sts was going in this direction? better quit m8 because all is gonna cost you a fortune where u could hve bought a new game for your xbox or ps3 u now spend a lot for 1 freaking item.

they call it random do you really believe that?
of course when they need more money they just adjust the droprate in the packs, how do you know it random? because all r saying that here?
man they r not random its their way to make money so they can manipulate it as they like.

Zeus
10-23-2011, 02:22 PM
do i need to remind you guys i said if u pay 500 for a helmet they gonna introduce things like this. now its my turn to laugh 400 plat apollo ? really

I had 4k excess platinum. Please don't lecture me on how to spend my surplus money. It's one thing to lecture yourself about it, but quite another to attempt to be somebody else's financial manager. That's like lecturing why people buy Mercedes.

Basswhole
10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
i just want the zombie head xD dont care bout the trident