PDA

View Full Version : Cannot See What I Am Typing

Liathea
10-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Since the update, I occasionally have a problem with my chat box in game. Sometimes I can't see what I'm typing. The chat box will open, but no letters will appear. I can still send the message just fine (it shows up in the chat log once I hit Enter). It does the same thing for whispers, though it doesn't even open up a chat box graphic for those. For whispers, it looks like just the regular screen, so to someone who knows the interface, it would appear as though I was typing a message in the inventory screen or whatever.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Kahlua
10-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Go to your applications and to your keyboard, and clear all data. It doesn't erase the keyboard, and it solves the problem :)

EDIT: Mine is called "multi-touch keyboard." I have a droid x2

TANKKAAR
10-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I have experienced this issue on my G2,, as for what causes it I'm not sure but I transied uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing data on keyboard app and it never helped :( I can however tell you a trick that is a easy temp fix :)

Try pressing the power/sleep button to make your screen go black/sleep then simply click the power/sleep button again to wake it up and unlock the screen. Then, voila the text should appear :)

Note: I had a slide out keyboard and this would only fix the issue until I pushed the keyboard back in then would flip back out to type and would have to make the screen sleep/ wakeup again to get my test back

Hope this helps :)

Liathea
10-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I have tried the sleep button trick, and that didn't work. I'll try clearing data next. thanks for the tips!