PDA

View Full Version : A guide to the shipyards horrible boss.... The mysterious figure.

Eyesharp
10-22-2011, 03:31 PM
So some may wonder how do we kill this guy?Well I'm here to tell you!I'll break this into different sections for different tactics and different groups
Strong group
Alright if you have a strong group of friends try this strategy:

1. The team is always important! Here's what I recommend; 2 coms, 2 ops, 1 engineer or you can do 1 com, 3 ops, and 1 engineer for the good dps :).
2. When you team reaches the boss you usually wanna put a strategy. The strategy hear is to kill the goons until the boss appears. Once the boss appears start spamming him like crazy with your epic skills. Engineers should heal and buff ( and of course fight :P ).
Commandos and operatives, knock the mysterious figure away from the panel. Commandos usually should be tanking because that's what they are meant for. Try to ignore the goons because of the tough armor your team could have. If your team fights the goons that's fine but it does waste some time. If your team deals alot of heavy damage, the mysterious figure wont disappear in between fighting him and will just disappear when his life is drained.
3. This isn't a step but just a tip. Engineers pay attention to everybody's life, especially the person who is losing alot of life. Pay attention when goons or the boss goes towards the panel in the room. If you see the explosives on the side, once they all are gone your team is dead. Once you knock a goon or the boss away from the panel and see them typing in mid air you should be fine.

Fair group
Fair group I should mention is for a team who doesn't have anybody over 35
1. These are the people you should have: 2 coms, 1 op , 2 engineers.
2. The strategy is same like the section above coms and ops push away engineers heal and buff but here's the catch: you gotta take out all goons. This is pretty annoying considering some people will just focus on the boss. The reason why you should take out the goons is because people's armor stats are pretty low so if engineers aren't paying attention ( I was once like that :p ) your group could be wiped out in an instance. While doing this just make sure you pay attention to the panel. Also if one engineer dies the other one is there to rev him. One engineer should stay back in case that one engineer dies. The engineer can still range the boss or goons or heal and buff, You might not drain the bosses health considering of the suckish weapons that drop in the shipyard that aren't purples or pinks but you will still get a drop.
3. Forgot to mention this in the section above but watch out for the bosses attacks. He does some pretty lethal skills if you don't pay attention, considering all his skills are AOE skills.

I hope you liked this guide and good luck to all you people out there who wanna fight this boss and loot him :)

Edit: I re did the whole guide so some comments might be out of place.

Silentarrow
10-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't suggest the second engi staying back an doing nothing, but nice guide!

Eyesharp
10-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I did say range lol

BodMaster
10-22-2011, 05:37 PM
A little different how my group usually do it.. 2 Com, 2 Op and 1 Engi, no one ever dies so no need in second engi. Both Com to use Singularity but no together, at seperate times. Op both for DPS and Lurch for a knock back effect. That's 4 Players that use a knock back skill stopping Boss and minions getting to panel. One engi to help with buffs and heals.

But overall nice job :)

Handsofmyvodka
10-22-2011, 06:03 PM
A little different how my group usually do it.. 2 Com, 2 Op and 1 Engi, no one ever dies so no need in second engi. Both Com to use Singularity but no together, at seperate times. Op both for DPS and Lurch for a knock back effect. That's 4 Players that use a knock back skill stopping Boss and minions getting to panel. One engi to help with buffs and heals.

But overall nice job :)Hey Bod can I run with u? I've never beat him cuz every one leaves cuz he's "to hard"

Cahaun
10-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Don't forget what an engie can do! We can use Suppression which stops early mobs! :D

Slant
10-22-2011, 08:46 PM
mando and op alternate lurch and singularity, mando can also use gravity well and op psychic lash for additional control. two ops with lurch is almost failsafe, you got to keep them from the console.

BodMaster
10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey Bod can I run with u? I've never beat him cuz every one leaves cuz he's "to hard"

Sure buddy, add BodMasta :)

Handsofmyvodka
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Sure buddy, add BodMasta :)K i will

skavenger216
10-23-2011, 06:21 AM
We have been doing it with a group consisting of a single com, two ops, and two engis. I usually can pull the boss and all of the adds together as one group. Slightly off topic..... This fight is way too much fun to tank, glad to see a fight that is very com reliant.

Eyesharp
10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Sure buddy, add BodMasta :)
Aha so that was you!

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Aha so that was you!

Hehe... yup :D

Defyduck
10-25-2011, 04:01 AM

2 Com + 2 Op + 1 Engi = Good Combination though if engi is good and can heal and revive well.

Blackguard
10-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Defeated the boss with 1 commando and 1 operative in the team.

Note that there are 3 skills that can interrupt the boss and minions from using the console - singularity (comm), gravity well (comm) and lurch (oper). These 3 skills were sufficient to keep the boss and minions away from the console. We had to focus on killing the minions first, though, in order to lessen the number of enemies who can use the console.

JazzBlue
10-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Just on a side note, we beat him on one run with 4 engis and one commando. Took a little longer, but was ultimately successful.

Wish the Engi had one skill that had push/pull capabilities, and I'd never need to run another alt.

MimeRifle
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Just on a side note, we beat him on one run with 4 engis and one commando. Took a little longer, but was ultimately successful.

Wish the Engi had one skill that had push/pull capabilities, and I'd never need to run another alt.

I've beat him a couple of times as the only commando in the group also - it is slower, you have to do double duty including distracting shadow dude. I hate to confess I'm not sure (and just about to check), but I thought there was at least one of each. I know one of my engie skills pulls, and I could swear one pushes.... or, I could be confused. That is *always* a very distinct possibility!!

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Defeated the boss with 1 commando and 1 operative in the team.

Note that there are 3 skills that can interrupt the boss and minions from using the console - singularity (comm), gravity well (comm) and lurch (oper). These 3 skills were sufficient to keep the boss and minions away from the console. We had to focus on killing the minions first, though, in order to lessen the number of enemies who can use the console.

Do you mind if I delve into this further?

First off well done completing SY5 boss with 2 players! :D

Though this brings to mind some other unanswered questions/views.

How long did this take you? How many Stim and PPs did you both use? What was the outcome from this? (Any Epic Drops)

Though this would most probably take 5-10+ mins to complete with one Op and Com, due to so many minions spawning, and the amount of dmg being made which couldn't surpass that of a group.

Used to run Solo alot! and in Numa kill farming for LB I personally found that the drops were 'Trash Items' not once did I get a green in 10k+ kills (not even a Rusty Pistol etc). Though when a guild member popped on to greet me and help with heals we would both start to get Rare (Green) drops regular. Have a sneak suspicion that the 'power that be' lowered the drop rates for Solo and hightened them for groups, so that we will run in groups to farm as SL is team based, No 'I' in 'TEAM' so to speak.

Also the thread is to help groups to take down this boss in the most effective way, unsure how this would fit in, that said still have to commend you on taking him down with two players :)

Growwle
10-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Like all the other bosses, you just need a group with an engineer or two and lots of stims / energy. If everyone knows how to supplement the engineers' healing by using stims, you can wear the boss down. Yes there are more efficient ways to beat the boss, but it ends up just as dead either way.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 12:18 PM

This is how I do it as well, although 3 skilled ops with lurch, a com, and an engi is a viable technique as well, the added dps from the third op can kill the mobs very fast, leaving you with just MF to deal with sooner.

arischal
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I kinda hate this boss, mainly because people leave before him. I actually solod him this morning, and burnt through ~65 stims. We got to the boss's and the guy hosting yelled rmk! So I figured i would try (I was also on my daily deal) and I did it. My commando has all three knock backs and all I got was a stupid lvl 33 engineer armor. Lol

Slant
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
3 ops 1 mando 1 engie... lurch is far far more effective at this particular boss than singularity or well

Growwle
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
I kinda hate this boss, mainly because people leave before him. I actually solod him this morning, and burnt through ~65 stims. We got to the boss's and the guy hosting yelled rmk! So I figured i would try (I was also on my daily deal) and I did it. My commando has all three knock backs and all I got was a stupid lvl 33 engineer armor. Lol

Seems allot like director bot in slouch, tons of effort with a crap reward 99% of the time. You get more good drops farming the first three levels, since you can blow through them in about 5 minutes each.

Blackguard
10-26-2011, 01:06 AM
Do you mind if I delve into this further?

First off well done completing SY5 boss with 2 players! :D

Though this brings to mind some other unanswered questions/views.

How long did this take you? How many Stim and PPs did you both use? What was the outcome from this? (Any Epic Drops)

Though this would most probably take 5-10+ mins to complete with one Op and Com, due to so many minions spawning, and the amount of dmg being made which couldn't surpass that of a group.

Used to run Solo alot! and in Numa kill farming for LB I personally found that the drops were 'Trash Items' not once did I get a green in 10k+ kills (not even a Rusty Pistol etc). Though when a guild member popped on to greet me and help with heals we would both start to get Rare (Green) drops regular. Have a sneak suspicion that the 'power that be' lowered the drop rates for Solo and hightened them for groups, so that we will run in groups to farm as SL is team based, No 'I' in 'TEAM' so to speak.

Also the thread is to help groups to take down this boss in the most effective way, unsure how this would fit in, that said still have to commend you on taking him down with two players :)

I should have been more clear, sorry. There were 2 engineers in the group along with the commando and operative. My point is that you do not need to have 2 commandos or 2-3 operatives in the team. As Jazzblue mentioned, his team was able to defeat the boss with 1 commando and 4 engineers which is a harder feat (I know since I was on such a team last night). All you need really is at least 1 player who can prevent the boss and minions from using the console.

I just get a bit frustrated when I get on a PUG and they ask me to leave to the room (the impolite ones just boot me) to make room for an extra operative.

If you are in a team, then you will definitely get more quality drops. Correction, the team will get more quality drops. I do not believe that the developers increases the probability of getting quality drops if the team has more than 1 member. Its just that the system rolls the probability dice for each member of the team. The more members of the team, the more the probability dice is rolled. The more that the probability dice is rolled then the team will have more chances to earn a quality drop.

Trollee
10-26-2011, 05:46 AM
In case anybody hasn't noticed, there are 6 barrels on the sides of the room (3 on each side). Each time a mob or the boss successfully types into the terminal one of the barrels explodes. When the last barrel explodes, that is when the reactor blows and an instant party wipe occurs.

Eyesharp
03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah what trolle said :)

ArtStar
03-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah what trolle said :)

Lollol why did you revive this thread xD

Eyesharp
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Lollol why did you revive this thread xD

For views XD plus I knew the first new comment was about bringing this thread back

Iaceden
03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Gotta love the necro-post...

KillaSkillz
03-18-2012, 10:00 AM
I seem to remember some cancelling out between my gravity well and singularity (comm), and lurch (op?) been awhile since I went back to mysterious figure but I remember a class besides com has a move that would cancel out my sing, or well if they did it at the same time. I can't begin to tell you how many barrels i've lost from that! Lol

ArtStar
03-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I seem to remember some cancelling out between my gravity well and singularity (comm), and lurch (op?) been awhile since I went back to mysterious figure but I remember a class besides com has a move that would cancel out my sing, or well if they did it at the same time. I can't begin to tell you how many barrels i've lost from that! Lol

Your skills have no friendly fire so they shouldn't be effecting your team's skills.
I am pretty sure only engineer can buff you besides yourself too lol.
Operatives can use Lurch yes the most powerful push in the game,
and ops can use psychic lash to stun mf similar to engineers pain but not as long.

Eyesharp
03-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Art is right. There's no such thing as friendly fire in pve. It must've been a bug. Also its so annoying when you lose those dang barrels!

Oltimatus
03-21-2012, 11:01 AM
All ur posts and replies are indeed useful. I m gonna chew on this..

Eyesharp
03-21-2012, 04:49 PM
All ur posts and replies are indeed useful. I m gonna chew on this..

Lol thanks i guess

qoph
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I'd like to add that quick engineers can also stun the mobs if you see them start running towards the console. Once they're at the console I'm not sure if the stun works, but it'll definitely stop them from getting there (although they do run pretty fast).

Zolum
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I should make one of these for the next campaign! maybe

Iamapro
01-04-2014, 07:03 AM
I just wanna tell you that even when the goons or the boss is knocked off the panel while typing,he will still spawn more goons