PDA

View Full Version : Achievements! I know what you're thinking, just read.

longsteak
10-23-2011, 02:17 AM
This has been talked about before, but I want to express this idea:
One of the most addicting things about WoW is the achievements. One of the most addicting things in Battlestar Galactica Online is the title system.

Why not mix these two together and implement them into star legends?
the titles for killing mobs seems to be done already, after 10 kills you get one, then after 100 another and so on. But I think it would be really cool if you could put these titles under your name (maybe give the option of replacing guild name or have it under that?) or at least be able to show them off in your profile. And I mean choose 1 title to be displayed above your character, dont want a large list above everybody haha. This could extend to how many quests you have done, how many days you have played, how much credits you have obtained, etc. Below are a few examples:

(the mob killing ones are already in the game so I wont worry about those)

Credits:
*Poor Credit- 10,000c in bag
*Credit Cruncher- 20,000c
*Getting Paper- 40,000c
*High Roller- 80,000c
*Pinks Come Easy- 160,000c
*Vanity Arbiter-500,000c

Quests:
*Adventurer-Complete 10 Quest
*Hero- 30 Quests
*Savior- 50 Quests
*Planetary Peace Keeper-100 Quests
*Galactic Defender -300 Quests
*Clint Spacewood- 500 Quests
(dailies would apply to quest count)

Consecutive days logged in:
*Fresh out of Spacecamp- 3 days
*Second Life- 15
*Logged and Loaded-30 days
*Star Gazer- 60 days
*Forever Alone-IN SPACE- 200 days

Perhaps there could be titles for gear level average too
*Less QQ, More PEW PEW- level 10 gear average.
*PEW PEW- level 35 gear average.

These are all that I can think of for now. If you have any cool ideas for title names, post away! :)

LwMark
10-23-2011, 02:27 AM
I dont play starlegends..only pl but wow yea this is very great idea for both games.good suggestion.thunbs up

Carth
10-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Awesome! I really like how you expanded on the achievement idea.

Well done!

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Good idea! :)

Believe the Achievements are being brought into the game, but more like clearing a level in x-amount of time (hoping). But to be able to show which ones you have done would be great :)

Rodvik
10-23-2011, 07:16 AM
I approve of this message! Lol, achievements are addicting and most games are incorporating them into their games. Even the Tower Defense game, Robo Defense, has them and it keeps me interested. I think I had over 9000 cheev points on my character in WoW before someone offered me 3gs for my account...lol but those included cheevs back from Vanilla.

Great idea though, love cheevz, mad addicting, not that this game isnt addicting already..lol

JaytB
10-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Although I don't play SL much anymore, I agree that some sort of achievement system for both PL and SL would be cool.

I wouldn't like a credits/gold achievement though, especially if other people could see that achievement. Imagine the beggars O.o

Ephemeris
10-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Definitely agree! In addition to providing a little extra in-game "flare" with respect to the categories that you've suggested above, I'd also argue that an achievement system would be a good method for showing recognition in terms of "special" and/or "one-off" type events.

Examples:
- While it was -- for most people -- fairly easy to get the three jet packs required for the Chrome Jet Pack conversion (i.e., they either saw the in-game Droids, bought the jet packs in the C.S., or looted them off of bosses), a few people did the three quests. These three quests were removed from the quest total at the end of the event, though, leaving the folks that did the actual quests with no special differentiator. Perhaps they could be given the title/achievement of "Rocketman"/"Rocketwoman".
- Several players have unique titles on the forums; why not give those players the option to use their forum titles in-game?

Those are just a couple of additional ideas that come to mind. At any rate, hopefully we see a feature like this get added in the near future!

Skeletonlord
10-23-2011, 08:10 AM
i love this idea. very interesting

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Imagine the beggars O.o

Lmao! Can imagine it now... not looking pretty ;)

Definitely agree! In addition to providing a little extra in-game "flare" with respect to the categories that you've suggested above, I'd also argue that an achievement system would be a good method for showing recognition in terms of "special" and/or "one-off" type events.

Examples:
- While it was -- for most people -- fairly easy to get the three jet packs required for the Chrome Jet Pack conversion (i.e., they either saw the in-game Droids, bought the jet packs in the C.S., or looted them off of bosses), a few people did the three quests. These three quests were removed from the quest total at the end of the event, though, leaving the folks that did the actual quests with no special differentiator. Perhaps they could be given the title/achievement of "Rocketman"/"Rocketwoman".
- Several players have unique titles on the forums; why not give those players the option to use their forum titles in-game?

Those are just a couple of additional ideas that come to mind. At any rate, hopefully we see a feature like this get added in the near future!

Agree with this 100% nice add on Ephem :D

Rittik
10-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Awesome idea.....if this comes then i need to get more kills lol

CanonicalKoi
10-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Just a thought since it might get lost in General Discussion and never seen again, PM Sam and see if he can move this over to the Suggestions thread. Great ideas, though, Long and nice adds, Eph. I'm with Jay, though, on the displaying how much gold/credits you have--that's just gonna lead to problems. :/

Lol! If we have achievements, how about "Anti-achievements":

Loch Ness Monster Award: Searched for and yet never found the Vular Ticker.
You Da Bomb Award: Has blown self up 15 times with explosives.
Cut the Red Wire Award: Has blown self up 15 times with proximity mines.
We Will Rock You Award: Has died 15 times in rockfalls.
Shock the Monkey Award: Has never learned that electricity and water don't mix.
Marathon Man: Has chased the paid assassin the length of the level and back. Twice in one game.
I got it! I got it! I...Ow! Award: For Ops that rush into mobs with no back-up more than once in the same game.
Let's play Fragger! Award: For Comms that blow up team-mates more than once in the same game.
Sorry, not my table Award: For Engies that fail to revive a player more than once in the same game.
...et cetera and so on. :D

Rodvik
10-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Z
Just a thought since it might get lost in General Discussion and never seen again, PM Sam and see if he can move this over to the Suggestions thread. Great ideas, though, Long and nice adds, Eph. I'm with Jay, though, on the displaying how much gold/credits you have--that's just gonna lead to problems. :/

Lol! If we have achievements, how about "Anti-achievements":

Loch Ness Monster Award: Searched for and yet never found the Vular Ticker.
You Da Bomb Award: Has blown self up 15 times with explosives.
Cut the Red Wire Award: Has blown self up 15 times with proximity mines.
We Will Rock You Award: Has died 15 times in rockfalls.
Shock the Monkey Award: Has never learned that electricity and water don't mix.
Marathon Man: Has chased the paid assassin the length of the level and back. Twice in one game.
I got it! I got it! I...Ow! Award: For Ops that rush into mobs with no back-up more than once in the same game.
Let's play Fragger! Award: For Comms that blow up team-mates more than once in the same game.
Sorry, not my table Award: For Engies that fail to revive a player more than once in the same game.
...et cetera and so on. :D

You complete me. *No creeper status* =D

DJSKRILLEX
10-23-2011, 04:56 PM
love the idea that would make the game much more for esspecially for those who are already at the top level.

longsteak
10-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Also this would help sts because if it keeps people playing= chances are more plat will be bought.
If I get max level and I stop playing, I wont see any of the vanities or weapons that were added to the plat store!
I really hope sts looks at this.

Silentarrow
10-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Great idea (you too Koi!)!

Takezaki
10-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Great idea, makes for some variety and some people just kill for those titles.