PDA

View Full Version : SL Contest: Design a Pet! Credit prize.

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 07:48 AM
When I first started out in AO2, I met someone during a boss run that told me that if I could beat him to the boss (it was rushing back then), I would win something. I did.

His name was "Nineinchtails", I remember him because he gave me 300k with his last 'log-out' breath. That capital jump-started my PL career.

I want to do the same. This isn't a racing contest, I could never organize one as successful as the previous one, but this is a drawing contest.

Contest:

With the introduction of SL's first vanity pet, RIVET, there is now room to dream and imagine your ideal Star Legends Pet.

Draw your own version of what a Star Legends Pet should be. An alien, a robot, a mystical-futuristic hybrid creature-bot, anything. Its what suits you and what you think a cool Star Legends Pet should be.

Include a name. It can be like RIVET's, include the break-down, or it can be a stand-alone word, up to you. Name it.

Remember, this is Star Legends. Relevance will play a role in the initial selection of finalists.

Creative, cool, unique, funny. Impress me and the community.

Rules:

I hate cheating or unethical and ungentle(wo)manly conduct, so any of that will disqualify you.

No alternate forum accounts, no multiple submissions, none of that. You get one design in. To filter it out a bit, any forum account registered after this post is not valid. If you were referred here or has a friend that has an account, let him submit it for you.
No alts to claim the prize - use your main. It's quite easy to tell a main from an alt.
Again, no cheating or any type of deception. I have the ability to read minds through the internet, be wary. That includes fully copying models and images from other sources. It's the internet, I can find copied work.

Prizes:

Similar to my jump-start, first place is 300,000 credits. No runner-ups prizes, just recognition.

Judging:

The finalists will be chosen by the community. A separate thread poll will be created as soon as the contest is over.

To screen the finalists, the entries will be chosen by me. So yes, you have to impress me, and remember, I hate cheating (bribery included).

Screening is done to reduce the chances of a fluke win. Too many entries will disperse all the votes, making it possible for an entry to win from a single vote due to its limited voters.

Duration:

It will end after next, next Sunday. November 6, 2011 at 11:59PM forum time. Thread will be locked by then, no more entries. Poll will follow shortly after.

Entries posted in the thread. Update your post if you want to update your entry.

Have fun! Remember, I wanna see something creative, cool, funny, unique. Who knows, STS may take interest into your design and implement it into the game :)

Good luck, may the best drawing win!

Survivorfan
10-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Reserved

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow Elly! Great contest! And the prize money is pretty hefty too!

This will help any player to make a nice little SL career out of this. May enter if I get the time :D

Off topic - does this mean good-bye SL? Know your playing WoW now so just making sure..

Rittik
10-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Where to post my drawing?

Rexsalazar
10-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Do we just post it here? No email or anything?

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Off topic - does this mean good-bye SL? Know your playing WoW now so just making sure..

I prefer to look at it as putting better use to my assets, I'll still be around. Not worth having that much credits lying around though :)

Where to post my drawing?

Do we just post it here? No email or anything?

Yes, here in the thread. I'll make it clearer.

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I prefer to look at it as putting better use to my assets, I'll still be around. Not worth having that much credits lying around though :)

Playing around before we discussed how you were chosen for GoA,

Elly you do truly uphold the meaning of a GoA/SG, this is exactly why STS picked you and a great role model for one to follow :) Glad you are staying around on forums :D

Rodvik
10-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes great competition, i might try and enter, been a long time since I drew anything... =D

Thank You for hosting it!

Conradin
10-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Reserved.

xxzombikilrxx
10-23-2011, 10:39 AM
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee515/danielshouse/794c3b33.jpg this my pic yo ya it's pretty terrible but his name is bob just bob :))))) lol I'm so gonna lose o and my ign is xxzombikilrxx in sl :))))

Staffed
10-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Reserved

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Sorry guys, reserved has been taken already. Please come up with more unique ideas. I kid.

If you would prefer private messaging me your entries, I don't mind. Especially if you want to keep it hidden for content or uniqueness.

Lowlyspy
10-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I may enter this one, im terrible at drawing so it may take a little bit for inspiration to smack me in the face.

I'll pm my entry if inspiration does strike.

Slant
10-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Id draw but can we do it in 3d or something lol? ok Im drawing

TheSnowman
10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Here's my initial design:
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae148/Vildax/8910a652.jpg

I'm going to do a hand drawn one tomorrow to make a few changes and improvements.

Deathpunch
10-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Here, I said I wanted a pet rock. Well, more of a rock-like alien.

Name: Keith Stone *cougar growl*

http://tapatalk.com/mu/42576368-48d5-06eb.jpg

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 02:31 PM
I like the contest idea! But I don't like the community judging part :(

I found from looking at the results from some older contests that people really don't take artistic ability into account when voting, and vote solely on who submitted the entry. Or people tell their friends to go vote for them. I'm getting this idea from seeing some pictures that, no offense to the artists, didn't deserve to win a top 3 spot. I'm no art critic, and I'm not very good at drawing so I probably don't stand a chance, but I know when something is good or not :cold:

I like the panel of judges idea that the Haiku contest has. Maybe ask the Star Gaurds to be the judges? Like I said, I might not even enter, so I'm not trying to gain any advantages. I'd just hate to see people with real talent get shafted because they're not big name posters :)

Lowlyspy
10-23-2011, 04:34 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/Lowlyspy/IMAG0083.jpg
i just started my entry, i've still got some coloring and shading to do and i intend on adding a jacob's ladder going between its antlers in a front view of it.

I'm going to call it R.U.D.O.L.P.H. (still working on what the acronym means), it will be a robotic reindeer (hopefully the hint is understood that it is an xmas vanity pet) with a glowing particle accelerator in its nose (that gives it the red glow) and a jacob's ladder between its antlers.

Like it? :)

Cahaun
10-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice one Low! I'm doing this one for sure!

Nourish
10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Ill enter but I'm not to artistic :(

Are you judging on quality or more of the creativity?

Lowlyspy
10-23-2011, 07:18 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/Lowlyspy/IMAG0084.jpg
This is the finished product and my official entry, it may be a little choppy due to the fact that the gray body was colored in with crayon xD

The red lines are the glow from the nose. The blue circles around the hoofs are the little rings that leave a short trail like the jetpacks do. The jacob's ladder between the antlers is still there but the front view i drew of it looks completely awful and i'm too embarassed to post it, if you want to know what i'm talking about go on PL and look at the jacob's helm of the rift/void/cosmos.

I have decided to use deathpunch's idea (i have permission, not plaigerized) and call my pet D.E.E.R. for Digitally Engineered Electronic Reindeer.

thefirehawk
10-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Saved

Trollee
10-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Similar to my jump-start, first place is 300,000 credits. No runner-ups prizes, just recognition.

:0 Wow! What a prize!
Definitely going to try my luck in this one.
Great contest Elly =]

Ardon
10-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Let's see if I can win this contest too :D
*cockiness* haha

SUPAPRODIGY
10-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Reserved....

arischal
10-23-2011, 08:21 PM
My robot pet design ... hope I win!
Robot name : wheels does a 1 heal every 30 seconds

Ign : anelurs. For when I win

Deathpunch
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l527/Lowlyspy/IMAG0084.jpg
This is the finished product and my official entry, it may be a little choppy due to the fact that the gray body was colored in with crayon xD

The red lines are the glow from the nose. The blue circles around the hoofs are the little rings that leave a short trail like the jetpacks do. The jacob's ladder between the antlers is still there but the front view i drew of it looks completely awful and i'm too embarassed to post it, if you want to know what i'm talking about go on PL and look at the jacob's helm of the rift/void/cosmos.

I have been working on the acronym R.U.D.O.L.P.H. and so far i have managed to think of the first 3 letters. So far ive got Radioactive Universal Diagnostics. I'll edit this post with the full name as soon as i finish thinking of it :)

Could change it to D.E.E.R. or Digitally Engineered Electric Reindeer. :D

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D

Arthanos
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Reserved.

Moogerfooger
10-23-2011, 08:58 PM
How about I just draw a picture of a big bag of plat, because that's what it'll cost you and be about as useful.

:D

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Cool entries guys. Do note, there is no need to have a holiday theme towards the pet. It's just a coincidence that the holiday season is coming up :)

Silly Moog! What are you talking about? They're so cheap!

javier995
10-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Reserved

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Just a quick heads up, I'm considering extending the duration. One week may not be enough to really get a lot in on the contest, it may be a bad week or busy week for some. I'll let you guys know :)

javier995
10-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Just a quick heads up, I'm considering extending the duration. One week may not be enough to really get a lot in on the contest, it may be a bad week or busy week for some. I'll let you guys know :)

I'm going to be busy all lol. I'll draw it in one of my classes:)

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 11:46 PM

Exactly. I realised when I found myself extremely busy this week as well. I'll come up with a more suitable duration. I don't want it to long either. :)

Lowlyspy
10-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Cool entries guys. Do note, there is no need to have a holiday theme towards the pet. It's just a coincidence that the holiday season is coming up :)

Silly Moog! What are you talking about? They're so cheap!

I know this, i got thinkin about the holidays and the idea slapped me in the face. At first i was gonna do a vular with antlers, a rudolph nose, and a jingle bells collar but i figured what could be better than a robotic reindeer?

Could change it to D.E.E.R. or Digitally Engineered Electric Reindeer. :D

-----
Sent from my Evo 3D
GENIUS! is it okay if i use that? (not plaigerizing if i have permission :D)

Necrobane
10-24-2011, 12:30 AM
"DEFILER"

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx289/ChaosBlade3/7eaf0b9c.jpg

I went for a 'mech' kinda look. DEFILER would wander behind you and occasionally spray some machine gun fire into the air when you stand still for a while.

I might do a quick sketch of what it would look like sideways, because in realization its hard to understand the shape.

Archine
10-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Mine is this lil guy.
R.C.S.
Robot Companion Storage
It can hold crafting items in its backpack and weapons in its hands :)

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/4e0b2cf8_6.png

javier995
10-24-2011, 01:59 AM

Exactly. I realised when I found myself extremely busy this week as well. I'll come up with a more suitable duration. I don't want it to long either. :)

How about the 4th of November? That should be enough time to draw something right?:)

Ellyidol
10-24-2011, 02:03 AM
How about the 4th of November? That should be enough time to draw something right?:)

I'll consider it, since the 3rd is a very important day for me. I'm thinking after the next weekend, to fully utilize two weekends instead of one.

Rexsalazar
10-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Say Hello to Toasty :D

My IGN is Rexsalazar. Inspiration from Generator Rex :)

Deathpunch
10-24-2011, 07:57 AM
GENIUS! is it okay if i use that? (not plaigerizing if i have permission :D)

Indeed, good sir! That's why I suggested it. :D

Lowlyspy
10-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks death, i've edited my official entry with the new name :)

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I have a really good idea but I'm not very artistic...and with this idea the ability to draw is important. It won't look right as just a doodle with a description. Am I allowed to collaborate with another artist and make a joint entry? They would get the winnings if the entry won obviously, with whatever the split would be done on the side.

Cahaun
10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I just thought of a good one! Now I just have to draw it! :p

Liathea
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh, I am so in. Awesome idea, thanks!

Ellyidol
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Extending the contest until the end of 6 November, so the contest courses through two weekends instead of one.

Necrobane
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Extending the contest until the end of 6 November, so the contest courses through two weekends instead of one. Fantastic, working on mine right now :)

martin.montera1
10-25-2011, 12:12 AM
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/akki21686/oh.jpg

Think of these good & evil droid roaming around you.
Name: G.A.D.G.E.T

IGN: KICCKASSS

Lowlyspy
10-25-2011, 12:58 AM
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/akki21686/oh.jpg

Think of these good & evil droid roaming around you.
Name: G.A.D.G.E.T

IGN: KICCKASSS
tbh i just can't bring myself to believe that you made those, they look like something i could google search for and find :/

martin.montera1
10-25-2011, 01:51 AM
tbh i just can't bring myself to believe that you made those, they look like something i could google search for and find :/

Yea Ik that you can search them on google so did I. But I downloaded only one simple image ie

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/akki21686/is.jpg

Then I created effects using picsay pro just to make it look better
otherwise i would have drawn it on paper and it wouldn't be as clear as this.
And it is the idea that matters not the picture source and ik that i haven't searched on google for the IDEA ;))

martin.montera1
10-25-2011, 04:33 AM

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/akki21686/akak.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/akki21686/IMG085-picsay.jpg

Here

roufus
10-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Haha how about a vanity pet modeled after zero from the nightmare before christmas for christmas time

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Great idea for a contest!

Ellyidol
10-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone. Unfortunately, bad news for this contest. I'll have to close this one up and start a new one.

It was pointed out to me, by quite a number actually, that the nature of this contest excludes a lot of people - mainly the non-artistic ones. In that sense, I have to agree since I will be judging based on appearance. It also goes against why I wanted to hold a contest in the first place, to give everyone a fair chance.

Apologies for this, but I'll be putting up another contest shortly after this. It'll be a weekly thing where everyone has a chance to win. I'll also be increasing the total amount of credits I'll be dishing out.

Sorry for the participants here, wish you luck in the future one.

javier995
10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone. Unfortunately, bad news for this contest. I'll have to close this one up and start a new one.

It was pointed out to me, by quite a number actually, that the nature of this contest excludes a lot of people - mainly the non-artistic ones. In that sense, I have to agree since I will be judging based on appearance. It also goes against why I wanted to hold a contest in the first place, to give everyone a fair chance.

Apologies for this, but I'll be putting up another contest shortly after this. It'll be a weekly thing where everyone has a chance to win. I'll also be increasing the total amount of credits I'll be dishing out.

Aw man. Oh well I will still post my entries tomorrow.:p

Lowlyspy
10-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Oh well, it was still fun designing my robo-deer :p

Wash
10-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Bummer, I wanted to post my robot bull dog named T.A.N.K. totally awesome npc killer

Samhayne
10-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Thread closed per request.