PDA

View Full Version : Will the hardcore set be worth the time investment?

IBNobody
10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I need to decide if I should invest my time into getting to 36 to get the hardcore vanity items.

Thus, I need to get a feeling on how good the vanity set bonuses will be.

Currently, only PL has vanity sets. I've only played about 3-4 hours of PL, so my feel for how strong a piece of equipment is isn't very good. Were those bonuses significant or slight (like weapon customization in SL)?

Please help.

vaffunculo
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
If the vanities in sl provide a set bonus as they do in pl they are worth any amount of time or trouble to accuire imo. The vanity set bonus thus far on pl is 5 dodge, 10 armor and 50 health if I remember right..that is quite substantial.

IBNobody
10-23-2011, 10:34 AM
If the vanities in sl provide a set bonus as they do in pl they are worth any amount of time or trouble to accuire imo.

That doesn't help. How good was the set bonus?

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Bonus for wearing them? Didnt think there was a binus, this is just to show recognition of reaching the Cap before the new content was released.

I give up on 56 Helm around half way in so could be wrong, plus at that time Vanity did not have any stats. Though I heard the Lvl 61 Cap Shield had some pretty good stats wouldn't be able to tell you what they are though.

vaffunculo
10-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Edited my previous post while you were posting apparently. lol

vaffunculo
10-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Previous to nuri the cop was not a vanity bod, it was an actual head item with so so stats, it changed when level cap did to become a vanity set with the soth..set bonus being 5 dodge, 10 armor and 50 health.

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 11:04 AM
This clears it up IB, Yanis has added stat bonus.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32551-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures

"Elite Level Item Set
Awarded Vanity Set Crown of Persistence, Shield of Hallows+5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor"

IBNobody
10-23-2011, 02:35 PM
This clears it up IB, Yanis has added stat bonus.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32551-Vanity-Items-with-Pictures

"Elite Level Item Set
Awarded Vanity Set Crown of Persistence, Shield of Hallows+5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor"

Hmm..... 5 Dodge...

I think the biggest hurdle I have to committing to this is that I find it difficult to locate EXP-focused groups. I'd imagine that if I were in a larger guild, I'd have less trouble.

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Are you refering to the vanity items compounding on to each other for extra stat bonuses? Like this lvl 36 helmet compounding with the Vanity of the 41 set to form a new set with an extra bonus? Because I know that with each vanity that comes out, they add stats and will add even more stats when combined with other vanities (for leveling only, not just the basic plat vanities)

Hope that wasn't confusing...I can word it better if you need.

Moogerfooger
10-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I would say yes. They have created the aforementioned 'vanity set' and have posted, although I would be hard pressed to remember where, that their intent was to have another at lvl 66 in PL. Since it seems to be a trend there (as others have mentioned) I would try and get it if possible, as it will probably happen in SL eventually as well.

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Hmm..... 5 Dodge...

I think the biggest hurdle I have to committing to this is that I find it difficult to locate EXP-focused groups. I'd imagine that if I were in a larger guild, I'd have less trouble.

Im in this kind of group atm, looking to hit 36. Never caught you IG SL yet, add BodMasta and if im on, sure I will be able to put an xp group together with no problem (not guild only, mostly just friends).

Ardon
10-23-2011, 03:36 PM
If you ever need some help lvling Im aiming for 36 with no elixers. Already at 35 8/10.

CanonicalKoi
10-23-2011, 06:06 PM
IBN...you had me, Eph, Ciaba and Drues all on this morning. Where were you??!? :D Drues had to scoot, but Eph, Ciaba and I did a bunch of XP runs. Krazii and (for a while) Sillyade were there, but....where were you??!??

frostine
10-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Do you think it's possible to get from lvl 35 to 36 gaining maybe 1k xp per day before the next update?

Corpser
10-23-2011, 07:36 PM
it will most likely be worth it since it will be a lot of time to get it but you will have to wait for next cap rise before you get bonus!

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Hey IB, not sure if you have heard yet but I have a little disturbing news, there is no stats for Vanity or Full custom set for all 3 classes. Someone has asked Rodvic to kindly bring this up with devs to see if this was an error.

Also though I can confirm the Lvl 35 Gloves can be dropped and are epic (Purple). Here's some pics of three different clsass.

Steam (Different colours)
Flames out of shoulders
Sparkles (alot more than previous custom

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Is it just me, or after seeing these helmets on the players, do they look like they'd better match up with other sets? The eng helm looks better on the guy you get it from...who I'm assuming is wearing plat armor? Either way, that helm looks like it'd better fit the operative. The op helm looks like it'd better fit the commando or the eng (there are based purely on color btw), and the commando helm looks like it just needs its own set entirely because it's this epic looking battle mask and our armor is much smaller and slim fitting now.

Imagine the Meganaut set in a silver/chrome color with those blue accent glows everywhere and that helmet....mmmmmmmmmmmmm pretty.

Cahaun
10-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Lol two pics of Katea and Nawtiq! I still think that was amazing work! The vanities will add up and make its own set as Sam said and hopefully will be quite substantial and EPIC! :D

IBNobody
10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
IBN...you had me, Eph, Ciaba and Drues all on this morning. Where were you??!? :D Drues had to scoot, but Eph, Ciaba and I did a bunch of XP runs. Krazii and (for a while) Sillyade were there, but....where were you??!??

I was busy attending to my family. You can't always choose when to binge-game. ;)

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I was busy attending to my family. You can't always choose when to binge-game. ;)

No, you *can* always choose. (<Kirk voice>I don't believe in no-win scenarios.</Kirk voice>) Sometimes the consequences of your choices are less than....pleasant. ;) (We all missed you, in any case.)

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Heads up on Plasma Tech Set (custom)

I just tried it out, it has a set bonus to 6 different stats and a visual effect.