PDA

View Full Version : fortified axe vs fortified sword

Fusionstrike
10-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I've been trying to puzzle this out, so I thought I'd ask the group. Here are the stats for the two one-handed, str-based fortified weapons:

Fortified Gemstone Battle Axe - 116-136 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 14 Str, 8 H/s, 12 Armor
Fortified Gemstone Sword - 120-128 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 14 Str, 8 H/s, 12 Armor

The two are identical except that the axe is faster and has a wider damage range. This means the axe has higher DPS along with its higher max damage. So this means if you had both weapons, you'd always use the axe right? The sword has no advantage to it. Am I missing something? Why would anyone ever use the sword over the axe?

Otukura
10-23-2011, 02:14 PM
The sword gives a set bonus, and also has higher skill damage.

Fusionstrike
10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Interesting. What is the "set bonus" it gives? Can anyone confirm it actually helps skills to hit?

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Interesting. What is the "set bonus" it gives? Can anyone confirm it actually helps skills to hit?

courtesy of Yanis

wvhills
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM

At the top of the "trader's market" section there are several threads that list all the pink drops in a given map. These threads also list any sets in that map, the items it takes to complete them, and what the set bonuses are.

The bonus for the fortified sword set is:
Fortified Gemstone Sword Set Fortified Gemstone Plate, Fortified Gemstone Helm, Fortified Gemstone Sword, Fortified Gemstone Shield +2 Dodge, +50 Health, +8 H/s, +4 M/s, +16 Armor

The general rule of thumb is the axes give a little more damage per regular attack than swords but swords do better skill damage. There are threads in the warrior class section that have numbers to back this up but I don't feel like looking for them right now. haha.

Edit: ouch, somewhat ninja'd by Red!

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Lol, 3 minute ninja? Looks like I traversed time and space.

wvhills
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
it took me a while to type out my comment. Haha. Either that or my reflexes are getting rusty. :(

Fusionstrike
10-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Well I'll be. Never knew that existed. Thanks for the info!