PDA

View Full Version : Paying for invite to guild?

ninjaduck
10-23-2011, 02:56 PM
hi guys. today i had a weird experience when i had found the perfect guild, i got an invite and immediately the officer said "pay me 4k and i wont kick you", and he said "and 10k if u want to be officer". First of all, is this scamming, and is it normal?

I then said to him i havent got 4k...he immediately kicked & ignored & removed me.

Sorry about the Potential flame...but it really cheesed me off. :confused: :grief:

javier995
10-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Let the GM know. He isn't suppose to be doing that. You didn't have to pay him anything.

Silentarrow
10-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Does the GM know about this? If he doesn't know/approve about this, you should report him. This can be considered a form of griefing and may be bannable.

CanonicalKoi
10-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Some guilds, in other games anyway, have required an entrance fee. Scamming? I'd say no because people can run their guild the way they want as long as it doesn't violate TOS and people don't have to join if they don't want to pay the fee. Inviting someone and then saying the equivalent of "your money or your life"? That falls into jerky behavior as far as I'm concerned. Something you might consider is PM-ing the GM of the guild, unless that was the person telling you that. He/she may not be aware of what their officer is getting up to and might appreciate the heads-up. If you're not sure who the GM is, take a look at the Guilds section and see if the guild is listed there; the post should have the GM's name.

As for flaming, you mentioned only the behavior, not the guild or the person's name, so I think you're pretty safe there.

javier995
10-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Some guilds, in other games anyway, have required an entrance fee. Scamming? I'd say no because people can run their guild the way they want as long as it doesn't violate TOS and people don't have to join if they don't want to pay the fee. Inviting someone and then saying the equivalent of "your money or your life"? That falls into jerky behavior as far as I'm concerned. Something you might consider is PM-ing the GM of the guild, unless that was the person telling you that. He/she may not be aware of what their officer is getting up to and might appreciate the heads-up. If you're not sure who the GM is, take a look at the Guilds section and see if the guild is listed there; the post should have the GM's name.

As for flaming, you mentioned only the behavior, not the guild or the person's name, so I think you're pretty safe there.

Although not all guilds have a section here. Also if it was pmed to the thread maker, I'm pretty sure the rest of the guild is not aware of this.

javier995
10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
hi guys. today i had a weird experience when i had found the perfect guild, i got an invite and immediately the officer said "pay me 4k and i wont kick you", and he said "and 10k if u want to be officer". First of all, is this scamming, and is it normal?

I then said to him i havent got 4k...he immediately kicked & ignored & removed me.

Sorry about the Potential flame...but it really cheesed me off. :confused: :grief:

What's your IGN? I'll help you ingame.

ninjaduck
10-23-2011, 03:19 PM

im Ninjaduck ingame. thanks alot! the problem was sorted btw guys!! Thanks!!

javier995
10-23-2011, 03:25 PM

im Ninjaduck ingame. thanks alot! the problem was sorted btw guys!! Thanks!!

K glad it worked out.

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 03:29 PM
charging an entrance fee isn't really scamming...but it's kind of pointless for a game like this.
charging someone an entrance fee and then immediately kicking them...I can see that as scamming
atleast you didn't pay though :p

javier995
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
charging an entrance fee isn't really scamming...but it's kind of pointless for a game like this.
charging someone an entrance fee and then immediately kicking them...I can see that as scamming
atleast you didn't pay though :p

Its kinda jerky, but the problem was solved thankfully. :)