PDA

View Full Version : ...AND the Horus you rode in on!

Theremin
07-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi again.

I'm currently experimenting with cloth Horus gear. I'm not sure which stats best benefit an enchantress critwise. I'm never going to get the kind of DPS a bear or bird have with the way things scale for spell casting enchantresses at this time, but I'm wondering if I should spec purely for INT... Currently when I'm buffed, I have 85 crit [chance?], and un-buffed I have 35 in full Horus gear. If there was a Horus WAND available, I'm sure my stats would increase even more...

I currently have 40 STR, 50 DEX, and 164 INT.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Rebel
07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
I too am currently having issues on stats and armor to wear. I am a paladin now, but I was going to spec intellect for the new skill conversion. I don't really know how that will work though. If it is how I have heard, then the more attributes you have to your certain class, the higher your skill damage will be. If that is true, I would spec pure intellect. But, like I said, I don't know how it will work. As for armor, I have currently been stocking up a set of both Thoth strength, and also Thoth intellect. Now, I would no doubt spec intellect now if there were pink wands, BUT AS THERE AREN'T ANY!!! (hint hint), I may keep my paladin spec. Ugh, some simple questions answered would make this much easier.

Theremin
07-05-2010, 03:43 AM
I can't dispute that.

The other issue I can't dispute is the little description where we do our attribute allocations. I die all the time anyway, because I wear cloth and have no health. As I stated previously, I have points in STR and DEX, and those points are purely there as a means to hopefully activate some sort of damage mitigation, improve my HP, and increase base damage as indicated by said descriptions. I suppose it might be worth it to try a pure intellect spec, but I really wish there were some middle-of-the-road survival/damage alternative. As it is, I get one-shotted by the most ridiculous stuff since the range isn't that fantastic on mage debuffs.

In the stat spreadsheet thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3807-Enchantress-stat-info-(48142)), the OP has it where it says that INT only accounts for a FRACTION of crit based damage, while DEXTERITY accounts for much more. I don't know if that is class exclusive, or anything, but if it is, THAT'S RACIST! :D

Edit: Ok so it IS class exclusive (which is totally racist), but now I'm wondering if I should respec heavier on the INT and have few points, if any in STR, and just put the rest into DEX to get the crit up to the triple digits...

Oh, to be a moonkin again. They better increase mage armor if this works. :D

roguedubb
07-05-2010, 04:46 AM
I specced all INTrecently, with all Thoth gear. I did die bunch at first, while farming kills on AO2-3 which I previously did effortlessly STR specced. The trick I found was to make sure I know my targets and stagger the use of shield & debuffs as required. Mostly it's just a matter of running in, dropping some AoE, running away with auto on, then running back in as soon as lightning is available, which leaves most 3-5 mob bunches dead. If there is an archer in the group I make sure to have them pretargeted because they can kill me in two shots.

Theremin
07-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the anecdote. I have found that the archers are beastly as far as dealing damage, but I mostly get killed by the green mage dudes, because they have a sort of... "Beckon" they do which pulls you back to them once they have focused on my character. Imagine that one abililty multiplied by however many may be in a given group, and voila. It's death each time unless we have a true and experienced tank who understands the mechanics of threat, and we let him get all the aggro initially.

I should probably avoid wearing the crit gear in these situations, since that really seems to piss the mobs off, and put on my Isis gear, instead.

Rebel
07-05-2010, 09:19 AM
So now, the question is how the stat conversion (or is it skill conversion) will work. Like I said, if it works as what I said in my recent post, then I would spec all intellect. BUT, I have another small issue. Another pvp tourney is coming, and I don't know if the conversion will have happened by then. I would just respec twice, but I only have 3 left, and don't feel like spending more plat on that. I have the gold to pay for any armor set, I just don't know what armor set to buy. It all depends on the conversion and how it will work. I would honestly like to stay a paladin for the increased armor boost. As of now, there is no reason to spec intellect, when the exact same armor can be found for both strength, dexterity, and intellect. If anything was added to this "conversion", I would say to add boosts to armor, such as bonus spell damage for enchantresses. This would only be on cloth armor and be class specific to enchants. You could also add bonus armor and health for he warrior armor (class specific to warrior). And for archers, an extra dodge/crit boost class specific for them would work. Of course these are all examples. The boosts could be changed. Just saying, that as of now, armor/weapons are being made for hybrids basically. The intellect based class is being cut off due to the wand-less Alien Oasis. I just don't know what to do...

bmc85uk
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I think adding any more modifiers to equipment is peeing into the wind. Only really a temporary fix for the current system and I think too much work will be wasted trying to balance a system that is more doomed as the game expands, to the point where a complete health/mana/regen/skill overhaul is needed.