PDA

View Full Version : Problem solver

Zombiemurder
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Here u go a problem solving chart that ive found yaay:)

Irulelol
10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Lol nice

KingFu
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
This reminds me of the whole ask Marylynn (was that her name?) article.
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/5dcc6e5f.jpg

I found it very interesting.

NYCFanMan
10-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Haha nice

Ghastly
10-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Lol it took me a minute to understand.

JazzBlue
10-24-2011, 12:31 AM

Is this THE infamous Ghastly?

Enquiring tentacle monsters want to know!

KingFu
10-24-2011, 12:35 AM

Ya, I should've put a small explanation since it can seem confusing. Was for me:)

Basically, the chart is showing that if you were told to pick a box, 2 holding a goat, 1 holding a car, and you selected one, and the guy revealed a box that you didn't select, and it showed a goat, and he asks if you wish to trade your box for the unopened box, you should trade since, as the chart shows, trading for the other box will give you a 2/3rds chance of winning the car, while keeping the box will only give you 1/3rd of the chance at winning the car. Some may argue it's a 50/50 chance, but after seeing the chart, it makes sense to me:)

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Ya, I should've put a small explanation since it can seem confusing. Was for me:)

Basically, the chart is showing that if you were told to pick a box, 2 holding a goat, 1 holding a car, and you selected one, and the guy revealed a box that you didn't select, and it showed a goat, and he asks if you wish to trade your box for the unopened box, you should trade since, as the chart shows, trading for the other box will give you a 2/3rds chance of winning the car, while keeping the box will only give you 1/3rd of the chance at winning the car. Some may argue it's a 50/50 chance, but after seeing the chart, it makes sense to me:)

ehh it's 2/3 or 1/2 depending on how you look at it. 1/2 if you say there's only 2 boxes left after excluding the other one you already opened. 2/3 chance if you count that box with a little backwards thinking. Personally I like the 1/2 chance better because it's easier to understand :) I didn't even comprehend the chart at first because I was like "well duhhh, if you trade in the goat box you'll get a car..."

Zombiemurder
10-25-2011, 05:33 AM
This will solve ur problen i hope lol

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 12:23 PM

Door 1 traded my goat for a car! Woop! :D makes alot of sense (in the deeper meaning ;))

Defyduck
10-25-2011, 01:38 PM

@-@