PDA

View Full Version : Any non str bears?

Slade431
10-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Any advice for making a non str bear? Int or dex? What do I focus my skill points in? Are they any good? Ik the class im just wondering if going a different way is effective

Thasaint
10-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Int bears are OK at pve but pvp wise they're not so great (to my knolodge). Ive seen a few full dex and dex/str bears and they seem to be pretty effective.

Ellyidol
10-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Full dex and hybrid int/dex bears are the best non-str builds, IMO.

Basically, you need dex :)

Full dex is more ideal for PvE. A hybrid int/dex bear has potential in PvP. I know Myst had a very successful one.

plmafiaboss
10-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Int bears suck. Lol. Go str or dex. Or half n half str and dex

LoveMadrid
10-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Int bears suck. Lol. Go str or dex. Or half n half str and dex

i heard from someoe else that if you get a fire staff for int bear, beckon+stomp in the corner , and use normal attack(which has an aoe damage) it's really effective in PvE..

Ellyidol
10-24-2011, 12:52 AM
i heard from someoe else that if you get a fire staff for int bear, beckon+stomp in the corner , and use normal attack(which has an aoe damage) it's really effective in PvE..

Which is exactly the build of the #1 Bear in PvE kills, if he is still the top - Htiek.

KingFu
10-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Int bears are OK at pve but pvp wise they're not so great (to my knolodge). Ive seen a few full dex and dex/str bears and they seem to be pretty effective.

Wand bear can be highly efficient in PvP with the right build and use of it:) I'd also say the underestimation you get from your opponent is a bonus as well;)

As Elly said, dex is a requirement. I loved my staff bear before I sold my set, the aoe and face melt proc was awesome against enemies. Just group em and auto as you move onto the next bunch. Lots of kills. However, for int bear, I agree with Elly. I highly recommend minimum int rest dex. I am against int/str hybrids for any class tbh. Int bear has lots of skill damage as well. Smash combo is very effecient since when you're grouping, the combo takes a nice chunk out of the mobs health. Dex bear is fun as well, but I didn't see any point other than the dps. I used demonic dagger set on my bear for a short ammount of time, and although I'm not very familiar with it, I liked the DPS a lot. The only problem I had was that I felt like I was stuck in the dagger set since the bow set didn't offer much survivability without elixirs (for me at least), so I found myself without range.

Staff bear is great for PvE, but it isn't the best spec for PvP. I tried mine there, and it did alright, but I wasn't impressed. Lots of damage, so I could take down birdies and such, but for good mages, I needed wand and bracer since they'd just nuke my staff bear to bits with mana shield up.

Another bonus for int bear is that an int bear's restore, even at level 1 heals a nice small chunk. It isn't another close to a pure int mage's level 6 heal, but it is useful.

I'm a big int bear fan, even though my guy is currently str with a battle sword set until I get the missing gear for my twinks and see how much I have left:o It's loads of fun, but can be a struggle, especially if you're used to a high armor, and dodge-filled str bear. Wand bear offers nice armor (with demonic wand set, vanity set, and armor ring I had about 183 armor unbuffed, iirc), and works well, in case staff set may be too much of a transition survivability wise. It isn't for everyone, but I'd definitely try it out:)

Moogerfooger
10-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Which is exactly the build of the #1 Bear in PvE kills, if he is still the top - Htiek.

Meh. It also defeats the main purpose of the bear...melee/crowd control/tanking. Good luck doing that in Nuri's with a Staff. I'm sure a few skilled peeps could pull it off, but I have run across a few failstaffbears in Nuri who died repeatedly.

And kills/leaderboards are no guarantee of skill. You can thank boosters for that.

Ellyidol
10-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Meh. It also defeats the main purpose of the bear...melee/crowd control/tanking. Good luck doing that in Nuri's with a Staff. I'm sure a few skilled peeps could pull it off, but I have run across a few failstaffbears in Nuri who died repeatedly.

And kills/leaderboards are no guarantee of skill. You can thank boosters for that.

Agree, never in Nuri's. Anyone who wanted to farm kills would have needed to be BS max. Unless you do it with elixirs 24/7. :p

wvhills
10-24-2011, 09:49 AM
I've got level 59 dual spec str/dex bear but I decided I wanted a level 35 bowbear so I made one. Haha.
Right now his str set up is vyxnaar helm and the rest iceberg. His dex is swamprats derby or vyxnaar, bayou bow and swamp rats croc scale leather. I already have the voodoo set from when my mage was leveling and you guys are making me want to respec to int/dex and be a voodoo/swamprat bear. Lol. Would that be any good?

Slade431
10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Im trying to decide what way to go for bear, the duel stats. Like str/dex int bear etc

KingFu
10-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Im trying to decide what way to go for bear, the duel stats. Like str/dex int bear etc

Do you prefer PvE or PvP? What level are you? Budget on gear?

jestterr
10-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey r u thasaint is me lol jestterr on pl

Slade431
10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
PvE. Going to make a brand bear

KingFu
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
PvE. Going to make a brand bear

New bear? I'd recommend Dex bear, pure dex until level 30, then pumping some into str. Just a small recommendation though:)

Zapoke
10-25-2011, 08:08 AM
I've got level 59 dual spec str/dex bear but I decided I wanted a level 35 bowbear so I made one. Haha.
Right now his str set up is vyxnaar helm and the rest iceberg. His dex is swamprats derby or vyxnaar, bayou bow and swamp rats croc scale leather. I already have the voodoo set from when my mage was leveling and you guys are making me want to respec to int/dex and be a voodoo/swamprat bear. Lol. Would that be any good?

If you do that, use the dark wand from skeller (2-5k in CS), as it gives a chance of getting the Terror combo.

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 08:23 AM
I recommend you make a dex bear. Better gear