PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Maps

Gavry
07-05-2010, 12:52 AM
I would love to see interactive features added to maps. Some of these would be great when quests come in, others could be added now. My ideas are stuff like:

1. Doors
2. Keys
3. Traps
4. Puzzles, high Int characters can solve them, low have trouble.
5. Teleporters

etc

maneut
07-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Anything that adds more Fun is Good! how about random teleporters and random stats boost? :)

Away
07-05-2010, 04:24 AM
That's like turning PL into a puzzle/strategy game instead of a RPG.

Gavry
07-05-2010, 05:08 AM
My idea was nothing of the like. Just stuff like a locked door with the key on a boss at another area of the map. Stuff like that.

ratava
07-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Gav, those are stupendous ideas to make maps/dungeons a little more mazy, varied & interactive. Excellent suggestions especially for Pyriamids ; ) eg booby traps:

"That's why I never go first." Attrib. Far Side

Interim7
07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Awesome idea -- kinda make it more like a D&D co-op experience. If we'd go with stat/class based obstacles, maybe a new rogue class could be a trap setter/disabler? That'd be pretty sweet, honestly.

Also, Away -- this game is already a lot like Gauntlet. Gauntlet is definitely not a puzzle game. Still, Gauntlet had small, subtle puzzle sections. Ever play one of those teleporter floors?

euromikeym
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Good on ya, Gav! Bonza! (That's Aussie lingo)

Have been thinking along the exact same lines.

If guys and gals think it's deviating away from the RPG theme then why not have these levels as in-between levels.

After you've levelled to the max, it gets a bit monotonous raging and raging. You want something to keep the 'PL fix' going then do one of these interactive levels. But team work and intellect are required to complete it, as well as a good old bit of muscle.

For instance, I know its been done before but one character has to be situated at a certain location/site in the map for the other characters to be able to progress the team or unlock further sections.

You could even have teams competing to get to the end first, where a bit of sabotage or 'skull-duggery' might be found.

The rewards can be easily worked out as far as the level is completed and who played the important roles in achieving it.

:mad: