PDA

View Full Version : Players unable to accept guild invites

bronislav84
10-23-2011, 11:03 PM
I've met two people already who are unable to accept guild invites. They said guild invites are broken for them. I told them to make sure the guild invite notification is enabled, but they still claim to not see guild invites. I also said to toggle off guild invite notification then back on just to make sure, and they still say they don't see it.

Either this is a bug, of guild invite notifications should not be allowed to be turned off, since it might get stuck for some people.

Yes, I have made sure they're not already in a guild. One of them even asked me to join, so I know he wasn't in one already. I tried multiple times to invite him and he said the notification was not coming up, so we gave up after a while.

lilgangster
10-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Exaxt same thing happened to me, said they couldnt join i 4got exactly wat the said after tht

Otukura
10-23-2011, 11:11 PM
If you send a invite while the notification is off, then have them turn it on and send it again, they won't get it. They need to change instances.

Patch notes said it was to reduce invite spam.

ItsCas
10-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Edit: nvm saw the other thread explaining

bronislav84
10-23-2011, 11:35 PM
It's still weird. I don't think this is a case of the guild invite anti-spam measure at work. They claim to have the notification enabled, and it just isn't appearing. That's why I'm reporting it as a possible bug.

Rodvik
10-24-2011, 03:03 AM
I had this issue yesterday, when I was invited to a guild I could not join the guild through the guild tab. Instead I had to hit the "Join" button in my notification tab (orange circle that appears in top right) to get into the guild.

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 07:31 AM
I had this issue yesterday, when I was invited to a guild I could not join the guild through the guild tab. Instead I had to hit the "Join" button in my notification tab (orange circle that appears in top right) to get into the guild.

Yeah, that part is how it's supposed to work now. From the client update announcement here. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40180-Star-Legends-Client-1.1-has-been-released!)

Guild invites are no longer displayed in the guild tab
Guild invites are now only displayed in notifications, you can accept a guild invite through the notification

If people are checking in the right spot and not getting the invite notification, though, that's a bug, I'd think.