PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion : More quick chat spots

Kahlua
10-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Unless I'm terribly mistaken, there are only 4 quick chat spots for us to use right now. Although I have a weird feeling that there is a way to set up different pages of these (like quick armor hotkeys that we have) I do not have my phone to check, and must rely on my memory (melting away slowly with age I'm afraid :(). As of right now, I have 3 of my 4 set up for PIF guild quick chats, and find myself using all 3 frequently. I then have a 4th I use whenever someone get's killed by a landmine in Shipyards....it's necessary and funny :D. With that said, I'd love to have more. Maybe even put a little arrow key like we have for the skills, sliding over to a new tab of 4? I'd love that, and it would help out those of us who use our slots for assisting others.

Again, if this is already how it is, I apologize. I'm at work and I just had this idea...and if it is already how the game has it, THEN STS STOLE MY IDEA AND I WANT A CUT OF THE PROFITS!!!......:D

Fatpigwarrior
10-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Great idea!
It would be very helpful even tho I don't use them very much!

-FPW :pig:

Corpser
10-24-2011, 05:57 AM
i cut and paste what i want to say sometimes!

Hankomachos
10-24-2011, 06:23 AM
I agree 100%! Need...moar... quickchat...slots!!!1!!1

Fairy
10-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Great idea! But first of all they have to solve this problem:

I cannot use the quick chat right now, when I'm dead, lol :highly_amused:

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Great idea! But first of all they have to solve this problem:

I cannot use the quick chat right now, when I'm dead, lol :highly_amused:

But...but...you're dead! You shouldn't be chatting at a moment like that! ;) One more would be really nice. I'm currently loaded up with "Greetings!" "Thank you!" and two doing the PM version of how-to-become/what is-a-SG thing. An extra one would allow me to finish it without having to retype the final line every time. But then I'm lazy like that. :) Good idea, Kahlua!

bronislav84
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Agreed!

drewcapu
10-24-2011, 10:18 AM
The main problem isn't even that there aren't enough spots, it's that the quick chats are global across all of your toons, making it difficult to have quick chats custom to a specific character type/role.

Which is why I suggested awhile back:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38855-Toon-specific-quick-chats-and-or-quick-chat-loadouts-etc (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38855-Toon-specific-quick-chats-and-or-quick-chat-loadouts-etc.).

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Also a good idea, Drew!

IBNobody
10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I made this suggestion awhile ago, and I also pitched it to STS.

This does have a chance of getting implemented because we are about to see a huge influx of people with physical keyboards (i.e. Chrome users).

STS doesn't like to give competitive advantages to one type of device or user. Being able to quickly type out directions to fight a boss or to arrange a PvP team is a huge advantage.

A way to level the playing field would be to add more quick-slots, as either a scroll-down list or by adding tabs for extra pages.