PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to Make 1,000,000 Gold?

newfireorange
10-24-2011, 07:12 AM
I've been reading the, "Guide to Making Money" in the guides section. I took the knowledge it gave me and started farming the Return of Skeller Krunch. I believe that's the name of it. The pinks in there are selling for about 1K to 3K a piece. Am I supposed to farm many of those pinks and sell them? Or am I missing something here? Maybe there are very rare pinks that drop? I have no clue how people are buying Demonic set pieces for 1-2 million a piece. It takes me about an hour to farm 10K direct gold from killing the spawns in Skeller Krunch + around 6K in pinks. 16K an hour isn't much.

Can somebody please enlighten me on how I am doing it wrong? I know I am.
I have a 55 pure INT mage so if anyone has any farming tips please let me know. Thank you!

Blind
10-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Dont worry about skeller crunch, idk what idiot told u to farm that. Lvl to 60 and then just farm the end game content while leveling to 61, that's where the money is. Then when mt fang comes out in a couple of months, lvl to 65 and then farm your stuff while leveling to 66. That's the only way to make real gold. Hope that helps.

newfireorange
10-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks Blindmaster. Makes sense. I'll just level and sell the random pinks I get from Nuri's.

JaytB
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM
No real quick and easy way to loads of gold. But skeller, uhmm I don't know, pinks migh drop a lot there but they're all pretty worthless. I farm mainly end-level gear. You might not get even 1 pink in a week, but if you do, it makes up for it all. Why farm pinks that you can sell for 1k, when there are pinks that sell around a mil or more? I mean, you'd need 1000pinks for that (not counting cs costs). Swamps are pretty good for pinks too, so is frozen nightmares, all better than skeller IMO.

If I would make a suggestion, I'd say start farming nuri's with some friends. Before you reach 60, you should've had at least 1 or 2 pinks that are worthwhile (all depending on your luck and whether you take the long road-without elix- or not). Once you have a couple of mil you could start merchanting with it. Building up your gold without spending it all in 1 go is the key to get rich IMO

Blind
10-24-2011, 07:27 AM
No problem. Also, try to get on the first day of release of mt fang. When a new campaign releases the drop rates are high in the first 24 hours. Look, when nuri's came out and i was 56, i had exactly 30k gold, cause i wasted all my gold cause i was bored. Anyway, in the first week after nuri's release i made 10 mil by farming it. So yeah, remember, money is in the end game content.

EDIT: Don't bother with merchanting unless u r planning to sit there and scan cs 24/7. I bought 36 slots, tried scanning cs all the time for 2 weeks and only made 200k. Seriously don't waste your time.

Elyseon
10-24-2011, 07:35 AM
I think what to do skeller is to price control the items, way overpriced than u can make adecent amount but i wouldnt recommend it.

MoarPewPew
10-24-2011, 07:40 AM
I used to farm A02 plasma pyramid constantly before Global Cool down. I recall drop rates there are superb. If they did not patch the crazy drop rate of whites and oranges then I would totally recommend farming there. Also who would not want a Thoth item? :P

Zapoke
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
EDIT: Don't bother with merchanting unless u r planning to sit there and scan cs 24/7. I bought 36 slots, tried scanning cs all the time for 2 weeks and only made 200k. Seriously don't waste your time.

I merched for 2 days and made 200k... And I didn't watch the CS 24/7.

MightyMicah
10-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Ya its pretty simple man, if something is like 2,000,000 and you have like 2,000 all it takes is one farm of that item or another and you have got 2mil. Basically what I'm saying is prices get bigger and bigger but if they cost alot, they sell for alot so just farm the emd game stuff :)

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM
When mount fang is released, just farm the pixels out of it :) sell sell sell ASAP, unless it's an item for your main character. Prices are always at their highest value 24hrs within being released. That means any item with a new design. No one knows within those hours what items make a set so everyone buys any pink in sight.

JaytB
10-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Went mount fang is released next month

Do you know something we don't? O.O

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM

I know not what you speak of!

cynic
10-24-2011, 10:07 AM
@ newfire :if i can help out i got 300k and a furyset for ya, need to install pl first, but let me know before my account gets deleted

Nick41324
10-24-2011, 10:13 AM
If u want to farm, scalped drops would be much better for you. Try bringing a lvl 10 into dark forest.

LwMark
10-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Cynic are you givin away or sellin cause if he not intrested i definitly am :)

newfireorange
10-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks all for the replies. I like the idea of the increased drop rates when a new campaign is released. Did not know that. I will definately farm like crazy the first day and sell. I guess from what you are all saying is to just farm Nuri's and possibly expect one pink a week. If it's worth a mil then that's what i'm talking about. I figured it would take a week to make one million which is just perfect.

cynic
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
@iwmark what is ur ign?

WoundedEagle
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
When mount fang is released, just farm the pixels out of it :) sell sell sell ASAP, unless it's an item for your main character. Prices are always at their highest value 24hrs within being released. That means any item with a new design. No one knows within those hours what items make a set so everyone buys any pink in sight.
The highest votes were for after christmas. Where are you scrapping November from?

dubveeborn
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I could also use the loot....ign..dubveeborn...57 bear

Mageprodigy
10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes newfire just farm end level gear. If you want anpther way farming skeleton cult crypts from forest haven works good too! U get alot of recipes there.

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Love how this has turned to a pity thread -__- guys don't ask for items, you're deterring the original poster's thread

cynic
10-24-2011, 11:44 AM
ok u can continue now, all is gone so no more to give!
back on topic

Fastcast
10-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I made my first million gold liquidating green drops for 1 week at crush the keeper at lvl 52 long time ago the rest is history :)

Fyrce
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Um, it's not impossible.

It's time + just watching and learning the CS and checking price fluctuations (takes time and studying) + farming items in areas you can do to sell the popular CS items + some luck.

I believe one of the merchanting guides (Evolt's?) was trying to point out that you'll want items that sell regularly (say for 5-10k) and aren't too difficult to drop (this includes some greens, purples and common pinks) in addition to the rares, which sell for ungodly high prices but are also ungodly difficult to drop/acquire.

Haowesie
10-24-2011, 04:16 PM
As people have stated, farm end game... Or, as soon as a new map, quest/campaign comes out... sell sell sell high at the start, then it flattens out :) People tend to say keep and sell later (i.e. halloween) but I beg to differ, maybe it's for long time experienced merchants -- e.g. Halloween items, where they have a whole year to sell it until next year -- and even then, too many people have these items already. I made some nice earnings the first two days of halloween, and now CS is saturated.

Categorise your sales between:
1) Vanities, i.e. just for show 'cuz they look good -- in which case sell early. Lessons learned from STS, they will come back so items are not really rare as people think! (take note on drop rate).
2) Useful items that give bonus as sets -- prices will flatten out, but will always sell.

My advice, sell high as early as you can, then move on :)

Whirlzap
10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Dont worry about skeller crunch, idk what idiot told u to farm that. Lvl to 60 and then just farm the end game content while leveling to 61, that's where the money is. Then when mt fang comes out in a couple of months, lvl to 65 and then farm your stuff while leveling to 66. That's the only way to make real gold. Hope that helps.
The idiot, "who told you that," would by your idea, be ME.

Please actually take time before going and randomly calling people idiots.
You're not exactly being helpful here.

First of all, I stated several places to farm in my guide, and none were Skeller Krunch.
I however, DID state to farm Skeleton Cult Crypts as a long-term profit thing, so he may have gotten mixed up.
Second of all, merchanting is easy, just need money and CS slots.
Last of all, 1,000,000 is easy to make at a high level.

Whirlzap
10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
No problem. Also, try to get on the first day of release of mt fang. When a new campaign releases the drop rates are high in the first 24 hours. Look, when nuri's came out and i was 56, i had exactly 30k gold, cause i wasted all my gold cause i was bored. Anyway, in the first week after nuri's release i made 10 mil by farming it. So yeah, remember, money is in the end game content.

I doubt you actually tried to merchant.
Go check up Hunzzz or Evolt's guide. And no, merchanting doesn't waste you time.
You're just not good at it.

Singleteddy
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM
EDIT: Don't bother with merchanting unless u r planning to sit there and scan cs 24/7. I bought 36 slots, tried scanning cs all the time for 2 weeks and only made 200k. Seriously don't waste your time. You do not need to spend a lot of time to merchant. That is, in fact, one of the primary reasons I merch—I don't have a lot of time to play, so merching allows me to make a good chunk of gold for a small amount of time in-game.

blox
10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
nuri's rare drop is the most expensive so u should farm there unless ur under lvl 53 :)

Blind
10-25-2011, 03:13 AM
The idiot, "who told you that," would by your idea, be ME.

Please actually take time before going and randomly calling people idiots.
You're not exactly being helpful here.

First of all, I stated several places to farm in my guide, and none were Skeller Krunch.
I however, DID state to farm Skeleton Cult Crypts as a long-term profit thing, so he may have gotten mixed up.
Second of all, merchanting is easy, just need money and CS slots.
Last of all, 1,000,000 is easy to make at a high level.
Don't start it with me whirlz. And i actually was helpful as i gave him a real advice that works. Also if he has never seen a mil then he will probably have trouble with merchanting at first. So that's why i told him to farm end game content. I made 10 mil in a week just by farming.

And yeah, farming cripts or any other lame campaigns like dark forest won't make you any money.

小孩子
10-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Don't start it with me whirlz. And i actually was helpful as i gave him a real advice that works. Also if he has never seen a mil then he will probably have trouble with merchanting at first. So that's why i told him to farm end game content. I made 10 mil in a week just by farming.

And yeah, farming cripts or any other lame campaigns like dark forest won't make you any money.

... Merching...useless?...

How you think I made my 400m? (350m now cos of Halloween...) and FYI I NEVER farm, how you suppose I get money like that then :0?

If you get used to merching and searching items, only takes about 1-2 hours a day to make 400-600k each round.
Having a lot of slots helps by selling great numbers of items at the same time, raising your total profit.. (one slot 10k profit each= only 10k profit, 100 slots 10k profit each= 1m profit)

Also, it's a persons OPINION wether they like merching or farming, you might like farming over merching, some prefer merching but bottom line is.. No ones money making ways "suck" or don't work, its only about the amount you make at once, and the time you spend.

Also about the 'watching cs 24:7" I don't watch cs 24/7 either, but I KNOW what to look for.. You made 200k in 2 weeks, you obviously have no idea or very LITTLE idea on what to merch, making 500k a day is quiet easy when your merching quick sale items.. Eg: 100 slots all full of 10k items which you buy for 5k (different items of course) that's 5k profit in each slot times by 100 slots, 500k profit EASY as long as you know what your doing.

I hope that helped and please... DON't FLAME :D

|>~ Hunzzz

newfireorange
10-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Whirlzap.... This is from your guide....
"6. Forest Haven- Skeleton Cult Crypts
Kill bosses on the left and right side, then remake. Just walk through mobs or kill them.
Focus: Skeller Krunch and Meathead
Drops: Gems, Level 29 Pinks, Forest Haven Recipes"

Imsebastiaanl
10-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I've been reading the, "Guide to Making Money" in the guides section. I took the knowledge it gave me and started farming the Return of Skeller Krunch. I believe that's the name of it. The pinks in there are selling for about 1K to 3K a piece. Am I supposed to farm many of those pinks and sell them? Or am I missing something here? Maybe there are very rare pinks that drop? I have no clue how people are buying Demonic set pieces for 1-2 million a piece. It takes me about an hour to farm 10K direct gold from killing the spawns in Skeller Krunch + around 6K in pinks. 16K an hour isn't much.

Can somebody please enlighten me on how I am doing it wrong? I know I am.
I have a 55 pure INT mage so if anyone has any farming tips please let me know. Thank you!
Ehh first of all be int/str or int/dex. And yes its possible, much poeple have >1m. I have 2.5m hehe. How? Merche and farm nuri bosses, like panto. They drop things around one mil often. Second: merche. Always check the cs. Hope I helped!

Imsebastiaanl
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Oops >1m have to be <1m. I mean: above 1m.

Mageprodigy
10-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Oops >1m have to be <1m. I mean: above 1m.
correct: panto highest drops are 700K atm you should farm nuri or the snake charmer they drop things from 1M+ :-) only low xp....

vaffunculo
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Went mount fang is released next month

There is a thread by samhayne ( can't remember the name of the thread but was posted on 10/ 22) stating that they are going for a end of november launch date for mount fang...that must be what they are talking about.
The post was made on 10/20 not 10/22 and its titled "what's coming next for pocket legends".

Wonderjuice
10-25-2011, 11:20 AM
The highest votes were for after christmas. Where are you scrapping November from?

The votes are accumulating. In November, you can add votes from Oct and Nov which becomes more than 50 %. So, it is reasonable to expect the new map in November. In December, it will be like 65%.