PDA

View Full Version : Naruto

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Anyone else read the manga? I want people from here to discuss the latest chapter and speculate a bit about Wednesday's chapter :)

And who else is excited about Naruto shippuden ninja storm 3: generations?

JaytB
10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm guilty. I read Naruto and Bleach translated manga's (and a bunch of others).

As for what will happen next.. I have no clue, but I'm sure Naruto will come up with something to destroy that giant meatball that came dropping from the sky LOL

Zaltiar
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Used to, but stopped following after I found "One Piece", :P

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Zal your deviant art is a huge indicator of that ;)

J, any speculation on who Tobi really is?

Growwle
10-24-2011, 12:00 PM
I only watch it subbed on Hulu. Is the stupid filler over?

JaytB
10-24-2011, 12:44 PM
J, any speculation on who Tobi really is?

He's Madara's son :p

Lowlyspy
10-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I dont read the manga but i can tell you who tobi is

tobi is....not gonna give it away

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I dont read the manga but i can tell you who tobi is

tobi is....not gonna give it away

Impossible :p of the army of the undead that kabuto summoned, uchiha madara was amongst them as of the last chapter.
He's completely owning the alliance right now.
I have NO idea how they're supposed to dodge the meteor madara summoned without extremely heavy casualties

JaytB
10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Remember the face Tobi made when Kabuto showed him the sarcofage with Madara in it (we didnt know it was Madara then, and yeah I know he wears a mask). Looked like the face of a boy who saw his father being dug up from the death. Tobi Uchiha ;)

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Remember the face Tobi made when Kabuto showed him the sarcofage with Madara in it (we didnt know it was Madara then, and yeah I know he wears a mask). Looked like the face of a boy who saw his father being dug up from the death. Tobi Uchiha ;)

You really think so? Sadly, I don't think we'll really find out till close to the end of the arc :/

JaytB
10-24-2011, 01:52 PM
You really think so? Sadly, I don't think we'll really find out till close to the end of the arc :/

It's a simple guess, that's all. Don't really think it will be that easy to guess though. That mummy dude (forgot his name) was able to separate his real body into 2 parts, maybe Madara did the same, but with keeping all his power. But that still wouldn't explain why Tobi seemed so shocked. It was better visible in the anime then in the manga though. And they seem to have a tradition of giving more hints in the anime as compared to the manga. But yeah, in the end they'll keep us guessing. That's what a good manga is about I think. I'm almost always sad when I finished reading the last one, cause they make you really want to know what's next :)

pigeon
10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Obito Uchiha? :p

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Obito Uchiha? :p

I guessed the same but the time lines wouldn't match. Obito gave his life to save Kakashi and rin and he didn't seem to have any animosity towards konoha. He would've been just a teenager when madara first made his appearance.

J, if madara did split his power into another being, he wouldn't have been as surprised as he was when he was brought back. At first he thought it was Nagato that revived him with the technique he use right before he made peace with Naruto. That also raises another question; how did he know of Nagato and his rinnengan? I'm still surprised that the sharingan was able to evolve into the rinnengan, even though theyre related by lineage. It was never hinted before that it was possible. Not even itachi knew I don't think, or he just wasn't capable of it yet. Also, why did tobi implant nagato's rinnengan even going as far as manipulating konan into revealing where she burried Nagato?

I mean, couldn't he just evolve his sharingan? He's had enough time to do so, given his claim to be madara and his immortality.

Typholsion
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone else read the manga? I want people from here to discuss the latest chapter and speculate a bit about Wednesday's chapter :)

And who else is excited about Naruto shippuden ninja storm 3: generations? Forget Naruto, Bleach is where it's at:cool:!!!!!

JaytB
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I guessed the same but the time lines wouldn't match. Obito gave his life to save Kakashi and rin and he didn't seem to have any animosity towards konoha. He would've been just a teenager when madara first made his appearance.

J, if madara did split his power into another being, he wouldn't have been as surprised as he was when he was brought back. At first he thought it was Nagato that revived him with the technique he use right before he made peace with Naruto. That also raises another question; how did he know of Nagato and his rinnengan? I'm still surprised that the sharingan was able to evolve into the rinnengan, even though theyre related by lineage. It was never hinted before that it was possible. Not even itachi knew I don't think, or he just wasn't capable of it yet. Also, why did tobi implant nagato's rinnengan even going as far as manipulating konan into revealing where she burried Nagato?

I mean, couldn't he just evolve his sharingan? He's had enough time to do so, given his claim to be madara and his immortality.

Too many questions, make sure you don't ask your maybe-soon-to-be-date these questions tomorrow :p

Anyway, just wanted to add one thing I always wondered about, and saw as a bit of a plot-hole. How on earth did Itachi get his eyes back?? I mean, weren't they implanted in his brother Sasuke? And don't tell me that impure world resurrection makes your eyes grow back, because then scars should've disappeared too, and that resurrected lightning dude still had his scar on his chest.

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Too many questions, make sure you don't ask your maybe-soon-to-be-date these questions tomorrow :p

Anyway, just wanted to add one thing I always wondered about, and saw as a bit of a plot-hole. How on earth did Itachi get his eyes back?? I mean, weren't they implanted in his brother Sasuke? And don't tell me that impure world resurrection makes your eyes grow back, because then scars should've disappeared too, and that resurrected lightning dude still had his scar on his chest.

Kishi has made mistakes like that in the past, which is what I think that is. Notice Nagato had his rinnengan intact too when he was revived

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Forget Naruto, Bleach is where it's at:cool:!!!!!

I'm caught up to bleach too :) no problem turning this into a Naruto/bleach thread :)
Compared to Naruto though, bleach's story seems to be moving rather slowly. I still enjoy them equally :)

Fatpigwarrior
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
My friends watch anime on YouTube with subtitles, I watched a series or two but didn't get into it much!

JaytB
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm all for Naruto/Bleach discussions :D

But yeah red, the eyes things must be a mistake. It's probably only noticeable because the overall quality of the writing is so good.

As for Bleach, I agree, it's a bit slow. Although the fights between the 'fullbringers' and Shinigami are breaking loose at the moment. Wonder what will happen between Kuchiki byakugan (or however you write that lol) and that book-of-the-ends guy that I forgot the name of (darn hard Japanese names already? I'm already bad at remembering names in my own language lol).

Ghastly
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
K first of all I though madara was Tobi. Lol but how can nagato have his rinnegan attached when he was revied? I though he was killed by naruto? And itachi lost his eyes a long time ago...

JaytB
10-24-2011, 07:19 PM
K first of all I though madara was Tobi. Lol but how can nagato have his rinnegan attached when he was revied? I though he was killed by naruto? And itachi lost his eyes a long time ago...

In the above posts we assumed it was a mistake. A plot-hole you know.

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Up to date on Naruto/Bleach Manga and Anime (Hate filler episodes).

Did you say Naruto Generation 3 was being released.. what story timdline are they focusing on?

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:29 PM

Did you say Naruto Generation 3 was being released.. what story timdline are they focusing on?

The hidden mist arc from Naruto all the way to the 9 tails retrieval arc (Naruto training with B to control the 9tails) in Naruto shippuden. Crazy huh?

lilgangster
10-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Man i loved this cartoon as a child but now i stopped watching a few episodes n i get completely lost, appereantly juriaya died? Lol thts how lost i am.

SUPAPRODIGY
10-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I read both naruto and bleach :)

xkoolwillx
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM
I have watched all of naruto episodes an read manga and i think tobis is madaras son :)

pigeon
10-24-2011, 09:48 PM

wtfork? I didn't know! Now we have something else to talk about during our runs! Lol

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:54 PM
I really don't think tobi is his son lol, terrible plot twist!

RedRyder
10-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh and for an online manga reading site, I highly recommend mangastream.com
They get the chapters up pretty early

Necrobane
10-24-2011, 10:07 PM
One Piece is teh best :3

SUPAPRODIGY
10-24-2011, 10:26 PM

Keep dreaming not true
Naruto is :) the best one :)

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 03:43 AM
The hidden mist arc from Naruto all the way to the 9 tails retrieval arc (Naruto training with B to control the 9tails) in Naruto shippuden. Crazy huh?

Wow! Gona have to have a read up about this.. that's pretty hefty amount of the story in a whole! Nice! :D

wtfork? I didn't know! Now we have something else to talk about during our runs! Lol

Haha Manga or Anime haven't come up in our convos (pretty much anything and I mean everything else ha)

Read and watch One Piece as well as Kenichi : The Worlds Strongest Disciple.. only 50 Eps on anime :( though I've heard rumours they continued along with this after a while. And Tenjho Tenge :D

Read all my Manga on my phone app :p (MangaWhat)

Fatpigwarrior
10-25-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm curious where do you all buy this manga comics? I wanna get one see if I like it :)

JaytB
10-25-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm curious where do you all buy this manga comics? I wanna get one see if I like it :)

They're freely available to read online.

I always use: mangahead.com

Red mentioned: mangastream.com

Fatpigwarrior
10-25-2011, 04:52 AM
They're freely available to read online.

I always use: mangahead.com

Red mentioned: mangastream.com

Thx, if I find them in book store I'll buy so I can read at nighttime!

JaytB
10-25-2011, 04:58 AM

Mangastream.com seems to have a pretty nifty mobile interface. You could try reading it from your phone. It should at least give you an idea whether or not you want to spend your real life $$ on it. And I honestly don't know if they sell translated paper versions of it. The manga is read from right to left instead of the other way around, so you basically have to start with the picture in the upper right corner. This might be a reason why it could not be available as translated version, not sure though.

Fatpigwarrior
10-25-2011, 05:00 AM

Mangastream.com seems to have a pretty nifty mobile interface. You could try reading it from your phone. It should at least give you an idea whether or not you want to spend your real life $$ on it. And I honestly don't know if they sell translated paper versions of it. The manga is read from right to left instead of the other way around, so you basically have to start with the picture in the upper right corner. This might be a reason why it could not be available as translated version, not sure though.

I found a graphic novel of Bleach at my local library that your read backwards!

But I hope bookstore sell it

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 06:02 AM
In the book stores around here they sell the translated volumes. They're caught up too, maybe about 20 chapters or so behind from the Japanese version. There's like 8 chapters per volume

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 07:34 AM
here's an assumption as to how tobi got the sharingan and the rinnengan into the biju bodies:

remember when nagato had the 6 paths of pein? all 6 had the eyes, albeit him being the only one with the rinnengan. The paths being used also carry the rinnengan.
then madara just used his mass supply of sharingans from the uchiha massacre and transplanted an eye each into the jinchuriki

Blind
10-26-2011, 07:39 AM
I know nothing about naruto besides kankuro the puppetmaster, that guy is badass :p

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I know nothing about naruto besides kankuro the puppetmaster, that guy is badass :p

he beat sasori single handedly after he was brough back from the dead :) he is indeed the puppet master now

Fatpigwarrior
10-26-2011, 08:05 AM
I have no idea either blind! All I know is Naruto and Sasuke from te video game

Kakatoa91
10-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Aargh... not naruto here please lol...

You've done it now this forum is infected too... :D

I got in my library plenty of bandes dessinees (french, belgian comics), mangas and some american comics.
And also read a lot online... actually too much lol except for the shoujo type.

Atm, I am more into bakuman, kenichi, minoru, meguru, claymore, gantz, one piece,...

About Tobi origin... I dont know... might b more complexe history. He has been a big "?" since he appeared first and he still an enigma for me. He's a unique character in the naruto serie. Only his nice puppy kind of name seem out of place. :p

Other sites r:

somemanga
mangaeden

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
here's an assumption as to how tobi got the sharingan and the rinnengan into the biju bodies:

remember when nagato had the 6 paths of pein? all 6 had the eyes, albeit him being the only one with the rinnengan. The paths being used also carry the rinnengan.
then madara just used his mass supply of sharingans from the uchiha massacre and transplanted an eye each into the jinchuriki

Nice assumption... though it sounds a little to far fetched.. but you never know in these lol, I remember when Tobi first came into it and they made us think that he was the 'weakest' newcomer, out of the Akatsuki and did not shut up!!! lol.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
kenichi and one piece,...

Love Kenichi, sooooooo funny!!!!

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Not far fetched at all! Pein used regular ninjas for his paths, and when he controlled them he transferred rinnengans to them. When Jiraya killed one of his paths, the new person pein used for the path had the rinnengan as well.

Since tobi has nagato's eyes, then he'd be perfectly able to transfer it into the jinchuriki that he possesses

JaytB
10-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Not far fetched at all! Pein used regular ninjas for his paths, and when he controlled them he transferred rinnengans to them. When Jiraya killed one of his paths, the new person pein used for the path had the rinnengan as well.

Since tobi has nagato's eyes, then he'd be perfectly able to transfer it into the jinchuriki that he possesses

That still doesn't explain how Sasuke got his brothers' eyes

Edit: it doesn't explain how Nagato still has his eyes now either :/

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
That still doesn't explain how Sasuke got his brothers' eyes

Edit: it doesn't explain how Nagato still has his eyes now either :/

My guess is that it brings back the target as they were at one point in their lives physically, while keeping them as they were at the time of death mentally. Kabuto mentioned to madara that he restored him to how he was past his prime.. You can't be at your prime at the time of death, you'd be well, dying lol.

RedRyder
10-27-2011, 07:06 AM
After a day long delay, Naruto 561 (http://i.mangastream.com/read/naruto/23677185/1) is finally here :) please read and discuss. Nice plot twist toward the end (pretty happy about it!)

BodMaster
10-27-2011, 07:19 AM
After a day long delay, Naruto 561 (http://i.mangastream.com/read/naruto/23677185/1) is finally here :) please read and discuss. Nice plot twist toward the end (pretty happy about it!)

Wow, just checked and im still on 553 (Last showing on my App), Time to catch up, cba to work so Naruto here i come ;)