PDA

View Full Version : (ELIX USER) so you wanna be lv 36....heres some math.

octavos
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I hope my math is right, but this is if you a elixir user, and buying 3x elixir from guild hall (**Note not combo elixir, it reduces your time in maps tho)
On first Level of shipyard, only using 3x elix from guild hall

**you don't get a team bonus for 5 characters** and 3x fluctuates from 2xp - 1xp. Its not a constant, so xp is variable.

Proof!

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to raise your concerns. Flip and I have now learned a whole lot about how experience is granted in the game. Our Lead Programmer and our Lead Designer have walked us through how experience works from end to end. We can both report that there have been no changes to the rate at which experience is granted.

The confusing part with experience gain is the fact that there are monsters (minions, for example) that are worth fractional experience. If you take the time to go into your avatar screen and look at how your experience is changing after every time you overcome a monster, you might find that your experience goes up 1 ever other or every 3 or 4 kills (depending on what monster you are fighting, it's level compared to you, your group (if you are in one) and what kind of monster it is (minion, boss, etc.)). Basically, these monsters are worth 1/3 or even 1/4 of an exp for you (again, depending on the factors). When you add in a 3x Enhancer, a monster that was worth 1/3rd of an exp (.333333) is now worth 1 xp point. If the monster was worth .5 then sometimes you'll see 1 point change and sometimes 2 point changes with a 3x Enhancer. It has always worked this way, in Pocket Legends and in Star Legends.

If you have further questions about experience gain, please post them and I'll be happy to answer them.

The bottom line is, experience gaining rates have not changed.

My test run...I solo'ed first map on shipyard
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not fluctuating/in a perfect world

5min one map = 164xp
30min=984xp

Total Platinum
from guild hall------elixers 12 platinum x 51=612 platinum
from store-----------15*57=765 platinum.

51 total purchased elixirs * 984xp= xp = 612 platinum

Time is calculated like this
30min * 51(elixirs)=1530/60= 25.5 hours

So to level from 35-36 you need approx 612 platinum and 25.5 hours to spear
**will be less time and plat with a full team**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are approx, and data varies lower if your in a team of 5
Real Data---- you need 49,810xp for 61

5min=139xp
30min=834xp

60(elixirs needed)*834xp=50,040

Platinum needed approx...12platinum*60=720 platinum
from store 15*60=900 platinum

Time needed to level 60 elixirs*30min=1800/60= 30 hours
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

*Final reached lv 36 on Ghost*
most of my grinding 90% 4 or more
10% solo or 2 ppl

*Best level* shipyard level 2

36 total 3x elix from store to reach and 2 4x elixers..... lv 36 = 600 platinum
Time is estimated from oct 24-31

Ill be on Ghost (Engineer lv 36) first, then Raynor (commando lv 35) and finally Kerrigan (Op lv 35) so yea, im doing a grind lol

i pk bigmac
10-24-2011, 11:31 AM
wow thats alot of platnium and time =\ lol i dont play yet though

octavos
10-24-2011, 11:35 AM
yup, think of it like this, in PL to reach 61 atm is 100K you can level 2 toons in SL with that.

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Nice info, Octavos! Was that a mix of full/partly full parties or all full parties or...?

octavos
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice info, Octavos! Was that a mix of full/partly full parties or all full parties or...?

Solo to do math, so time differs because of 3,4,5 players that jump in and out through leveling it could be less with a full team

ProSophist
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Did you tally those results while soloing? O_o

With a non-combo elixir(3x elixir, 12 plat), I average about 1.6-1.8k exp (1.9k-2k with a good group) with a group of at least 3 people.
This is on maps 1 and 2.

I think your Math is a bit off. You would have to be very slow to only get about 876 exp in 30 min.

EDIT:

Just read that you did solo those.

I think it would be better to compute results with a group and just average it out.
I don't think anybody would be wasting a non-combo elixir soloing through a map.

octavos
10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
ATM im at work, so yea, same idea applies lol.
and if someone can give me data on a team we can just plug in the data and ill have more accurate results in a team based environment

**need exact XP run, from level one in shipyard with a full team...beginning to end on 3x elix**

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Hmmm...I have to go run some errands and do some *gasp!* work, but I'll see what I get when I run later. :)

drewcapu
10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
yup, think of it like this, in PL to reach 61 atm is 100K you can level 2 toons in SL with that.

Wait til SL gets to L61 ;)

octavos
10-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Wait til SL gets to L61 ;)

yes, but these helms are my greatest concern (first SL cap vanitys), once I have these then I can limit my vanity to the best looking in future updates....im not always gonna cap, but if theses something I like....ill work hard to get it.

vensun
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
i also did some calc, and i get 900 xp with a good yem with 2 x (5 plat 30 min) enhancer, so the hours are correct, but it just:-) around 260 plat:-) only approximation

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Good job bro!

In a group you get more XP per kill as well remember so this should decrease by quite a lot compared to solo especially being able to kill faster maybe good idea to do this while keeping Silents (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40547-Basic-XP-guide-for-the-Shipyard) method afoot :)

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
i also did some calc, and i get 900 xp with a good yem with 2 x (5 plat 30 min) enhancer, so the hours are correct, but it just:-) around 260 plat:-) only approximation

How would that be possible to get more xp with x2? Ghosts calculation are from x3. (Maybe I missed something)

octavos
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM

Good job bro!

In a group you get more XP per kill as well remember so this should decrease by quite a lot compared to solo especially being able to kill faster maybe good idea to do this while keeping Silents (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40547-Basic-XP-guide-for-the-Shipyard) method afoot :)

Thanks and yes, time will decrease substantially....i did the math in a worse case scenario.
Once i get correct data, It will be pleasing to all :D

How would that be possible to get more xp with x2? Ghosts calculation are from x3. (Maybe I missed something)

Yes, I did a solo run, so my XP will be less....2x xp for 30min with a good team will give more xp....but I need a full team XP count

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks and yes, time will decrease substantially....i did the math in a worse case scenario.
Once i get correct data, It will be pleasing to all :D

Yes, I did a solo run, so my XP will be less....2x xp for 30min with a good team will give more xp....but I need a full team XP count

Awesome job! Its really helpful how it is, can only add to its greatness from here :D

Missed the word *yem* (team im guessing) thought they meant solo :p though all adding all in to consideration that's quite a substantial amount of an increase with a good team.

melancholy-storm
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Using 30 minute, 2 x Experience Elixir and at least two others doing non-stop runs in Shipyard level 1 & 2 (skipping level 2 boss), I'm getting about 1300 xp every elixir. If you were to juice the entire way to 36 using these 5 platinum elixirs, it would cost about 200 plat, and take you approx 20 hours of game play. With intermittent breaks, it will be closer to 24 hours in-game time. Coincidentally, without using elixirs, it should take you 40 hours of pure grinding to get you there.

Killerade
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
this may be off topic but do elixirs stack? like can u stack a x4, x3 and a x2 so u can have x9?

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
this may be off topic but do elixirs stack? like can u stack a x4, x3 and a x2 so u can have x9?

No each one would count as a seperate enhancer. No more multipliers after x4 :)

bronislav84
10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
So first map is the map people run for xp, and only the first map? You don't recommend combo elixir or 4x?

Thanks for the math.

IBNobody
10-24-2011, 03:34 PM
So first map is the map people run for xp, and only the first map? You don't recommend combo elixir or 4x?

Thanks for the math.

If you blow an enemy away in 2 seconds, you won't notice the 2x damage and 2x armor.

The run speed bonus is okay, but it only helps if everyone is running it.

The loot bonus isn't worth it.

4x EXP Enhancers cost too much. You get less bang-for-your-buck.

The 3x EXP Enhancer is a good bargain for what you get.

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
If you blow an enemy away in 2 seconds, you won't notice the 2x damage and 2x armor.

The run speed bonus is okay, but it only helps if everyone is running it.

The loot bonus isn't worth it.

4x EXP Enhancers cost too much. You get less bang-for-your-buck.

The 3x EXP Enhancer is a good bargain for what you get.

Pretty much spot on!

You can kill the guys in 1-3 hits (dependant on gear) in SY1.

octavos
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the math.

Updated first post.

usually the first 2 and skip boss in second level.
easy fast kills, and when your 35, it gets faster to level...because you can survive.

bronislav84
10-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Ok so first two and 3x got it. Do you guys recommend I spam elixir from 29 on or just for 35-36? I'm not a bank. How's the xp in SY? Good without? I'd like to cap this time and not lose out on the vanity, since there's an incentive now.

About half way to 29 currently. Have picked up the steam since having to rely on PUGs for runs and all my friends doing the new campaign. The occasional bouts of lag for hours on end really makes it hard to play.

octavos
10-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok so first two and 3x got it. Do you guys recommend I spam elixir from 29 on or just for 35-36? I'm not a bank. How's the xp in SY? Good without? I'd like to cap this time and not lose out on the vanity, since there's an incentive now.

the faster you can level the more time you can have to capp.
This is the reason I leveled so fast on the weekend, so i can then concentrate on 36 on my other alts.

We dont know when next update will happen, but im not taking any chances.

frostine
10-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Hmmmm......Looks like I don't have the time to commit to this even with elixers

octavos
11-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Hmmmm......Looks like I don't have the time to commit to this even with elixers

OMG...i used every spear minute on sl grinding....but was fun....2 more two go

Also edited first post with final results for 3x elix users.

roufus
11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Haha all this to get a vanity that does nothing and people made a fuss about the 500 plat vanity in pocketlegends but you don't complain about 600 plat and 25 hours

octavos
11-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Haha all this to get a vanity that does nothing and people made a fuss about the 500 plat vanity in pocketlegends but you don't complain about 600 plat and 25 hours

yup, if you want it its there :) i would prefer t buy my vanity cap because well....comes out to almost the same price lol.

(p.s. i did buy the helm in pl and rivet and bats....ect....if they look kool ill buy :D)

roufus
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Lol same here but id rather buy it than spend 25+ hours working for it

Skeletonlord
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I like your math you worked out. Must have taken a while to calculate?

roguedubb
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Saving your platinum for elixirs from 35 to 36 can be a good idea. Once you get to 35 you have access to better weapons and implants, so you will be able to clear mobs quicker and increase the benefit from your elixir.