PDA

View Full Version : PLA Character Itemization

Justg
09-14-2017, 10:14 AM
Please provide feedback regarding the items you have found, your ability to determine if something is better, and how that affects your advancement.

snowfu
09-17-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure of the difference between power level and survival rating. Is that just another way of saying attack and defense?
Other than that, I would say the items dropped is pretty fair. The epic items aren't bad at all and are pretty easy to obtain in the right dungeon, and some are even better choices than some legendary items, which is good for free players who would otherwise have to spend tons of platinum to have a better chance at getting legendary items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Dalmony
09-17-2017, 02:41 PM
I like the character itemisation and that we can essentially wear anything we find. It's really easy to tell whether and item is better from a quick glance at the stats.

I don't like the fact that I always just seem to be making do - I am a Mage and I really would like to be playing with a wand or an orb, but in reality I haven't found one of those for my tier in a long while. I have been using bows I've dropped for the past 2 tiers, chosen over the swords I've dropped because I favour ranged weapons. I haven't found any decent Mage (themed) weapons since about tier two - that's frustrating for me as my character doesn't really have character continuity. I could be patient and grind it out each time for a class appropriate weapon but that would just take way more time than I have xD

Fyrce
09-18-2017, 04:44 PM
I think so far most of my equips have come from chests. The dungeon drops mostly seen to be green/white and not worth more than salvage. Salvage is very useful for getting some extra gold. I probably just need to run dungeons more, but they seem to be on CD all the time. At least for me. Old dungeons are only useful for gold and old equips to salvage.

Zylx
10-10-2017, 03:27 PM
I noticed a Tier 4 Legendary Heavy Helm offers significantly less survival rating than a Tier 3 Rare Light Helm?

Also i have noticed the gear progression to be a bit unorthodox in other areas. I figured each tier would have a progressive itemization where t3 epics for example would outstat t2 epics of the same caliber, which instead in many instances i find higher tier items to be substantially weaker than lower tier items. Or at least that's what's reflected in the numbers.

I also dont understand item rarity. Are epics supposed to be better stat-wise than rares? Or are they meant to RNG each other out in what you loot and preference is based on which looks better?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171010/60198da48e80d5afd71a0984fdf5fbbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Cinco
10-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Look at the Item Info for detailed statistics and compare the minimum and maximum statistics for the lower and higher-Tier items.
My guess is your Tier 4 item rolled low-end for its statistics... but I would suspect it has much higher stat potential than the Tier 3.

For the most part you will find better stats by default on more rare items at higher tiers - but it's not a guarantee.

Zylx
10-11-2017, 02:01 AM
Look at the Item Info for detailed statistics and compare the minimum and maximum statistics for the lower and higher-Tier items.
My guess is your Tier 4 item rolled low-end for its statistics... but I would suspect it has much higher stat potential than the Tier 3.

For the most part you will find better stats by default on more rare items at higher tiers - but it's not a guarantee.

Gotcha i literally just noticed the Item Info tab. I've been basing gear progression so far solely on the survivability and power values. What is the meaning of the survivability value? Is it like an average value determined by health and damage reduction? And for power as well?

Cinco
10-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Yes! Survival rating takes all resistances, health and other defensive statistics into consideration to give you a rating. Power rating is the result of all the offensive statistics, physical and elemental damage, and special damage bonuses :-)

Jhawkeye
10-15-2017, 02:44 AM
Can epics and Legendairies drop from dungeon chests? Because I haven’t seen any

InFamouSs
10-15-2017, 06:05 AM
stats are a little bit complicated
i dont know the difference between power level and survival rating or Crt rating and crt chance
other than that i like the character itemisation and we can wear anything we find and items drop is fair but it could be better
ive been looking for a t5 staff for ages

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Avaree
10-15-2017, 06:06 AM
Can epics and Legendairies drop from dungeon chests? Because I haven’t seen any

There isnt any "gear chests" that drop in dungeons. Jewel chests do have a chance to drop after a dungeon is cleared.

Jhawkeye
10-16-2017, 05:49 PM
There isnt any "gear chests" that drop in dungeons. Jewel chests do have a chance to drop after a dungeon is cleared.

Sorry not chests but after a dungeon the gear you get. Just asking if that can roll legendary items

Ardbeg
10-17-2017, 03:39 AM
It would be great if we can get a way to save items from accidently getting salvaged. Either a separate stash, or the possibility to lock items.

TheBerio
10-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Rings and necklaces should be visible. Would be great I think. Also sets with particles just as PL ...love lol

Kalielle
10-20-2017, 07:14 PM
In the Furnace interface it would be great to see the stats when tapping on an item and how it compares to what I have equipped, so I know I'm not burning something good. Or, in the Equip interface there could be a Send to Furnace button. (Right now I'm first comparing items in the Equip interface and then trying to remember what seems fine to send to the furnace before I go to the furnace interface.)

Kalielle
10-23-2017, 04:54 PM
One thing I'm unclear about is what would want to make me use different types of weapons. It seems that bows almost always have the highest damage from the items I found so far, and that's what I've been using. I tried some of the other weapon types and only saw disadvantages. Am I missing some hidden advantage, like rate of firing vs damage value? (I know there's an element type advantage but besides that.) The melee weapons seem particularly unattractive because they have lower damage and require close range. If there's something that makes up for that it should be made clear in the item description/stats.

MageFFA
10-24-2017, 02:04 AM
I agree with Zylx. I believe the higher you go in tiers the better the stats should offer unlees it's like Legendaries and Epics. I personally don't think I've farmed any top grade gear and I'm i think tier 5 heading into 6 now. Maybe a drop increase for better loot might work. My thoughts.

Freakyassasin
10-24-2017, 05:34 PM
So it is good to spend platinim and upgrade items?

Java
10-24-2017, 10:22 PM
So it is good to spend platinim and upgrade items?When plat is available you...I have found reforging weapons/gear with the blacksmith to be very important. Especially if it has great enhancements. It can make a huge difference.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk