PDA

View Full Version : PLA Character Spells

Justg
09-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Please provide feedback regarding Spells and how that affects your advancement.

Zojak
09-16-2017, 10:20 AM
It could be caused from my screen protector, but i find it difficult to use the aimed spells, sometimes they don't fire and i have to keep trying and trying, will test on my iPad to confirm

Avaree
09-17-2017, 12:03 AM
T 1&2 the skills feel not as important to match your tier. But as we advance deeper (even at T3), I notice the importance of having my skills upgraded to match my tier tier.

(I ran my first T1-3 p2p.)

Dalmony
09-17-2017, 01:58 PM
I really like all of the spells so far - haven't encountered any bugs with them at all. In terms of progression unlocking new skills definitely affects this and it so far differs at different tiers.

With the 4 top row spells, I advanced through tiers 1-4 at a relatively uniform pace upgrading each skill as I went along so they matched my tier. I found I needed all th skills switching out heal with the other three and had a nice variety.

When I got to tier 4 I found I was stuck, and really struggled to get all the stars to get through to tier 5. I consequently unlocked two skills from row 2 and immediately completed all of the level 4 with 3 stars and then got 2 stars on each map for tier 5 on my first run through with no pet meaning that I unlocked tier 6 almost instantly afterwards.

I will probably be focusing more on getting deeper into the skill tree than levelling up the starter skills now that I have seen how much more powerful they are!

Dalmony
09-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Also - if we can only have one character per account and one account per person, is there a way for players to try out the different classes and spells, or have one toon of each class? I'm guessing that everyone has different spells depending on which option they picked and it feels a shame for each person to only be able to experience one class?

snowfu
09-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Also - if we can only have one character per account and one account per person, is there a way for players to try out the different classes and spells, or have one toon of each class? I'm guessing that everyone has different spells depending on which option they picked and it feels a shame for each person to only be able to experience one class?

Actually I was kind of thinking about this! I was talking a bit about it in-game, but I'll echo it here:
One thing I was thinking would be a training mode where you would get to mess around with different pets, spells and weapons with say, dummies or enemies or something like that. Originally, I was thinking about just being able to mess with weapons/pets/spells that you already had, but the idea of getting to mess with different spells as well sounds nice.

Dalmony
09-17-2017, 05:50 PM
I totally get it now - everyone has the exact same spell choices so we aren't missing out on any it's just a matter of which we unlock lol. Feel like there could be some sort of intro - I'm not against having a "guide" at the start who runs through these basics... skippable obviously but most people would only see it once anyway.

Carapace
09-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Actually I was kind of thinking about this! I was talking a bit about it in-game, but I'll echo it here:
One thing I was thinking would be a training mode where you would get to mess around with different pets, spells and weapons with say, dummies or enemies or something like that. Originally, I was thinking about just being able to mess with weapons/pets/spells that you already had, but the idea of getting to mess with different spells as well sounds nice.

Is the Gauntlet not an appropriate place to test changes? It feels like my go to when I'm playing around with new abilities or powers

angeldawn
09-18-2017, 12:54 PM
It would be nice to see more description on the skills when choosing which to unlock or upgrade.
For example
Range/distance
Cooldowns

Dalmony
09-18-2017, 01:51 PM
It would be nice to see more description on the skills when choosing which to unlock or upgrade.
For example
Range/distance
Cooldowns

+1 I came here to say that more detail would be great, knowing the cooldowns beforehand I might have chosen the order I unlocked these differently.

snowfu
09-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Is the Gauntlet not an appropriate place to test changes? It feels like my go to when I'm playing around with new abilities or powersThat's a good point.
However, I think the gauntlet still costs you your pet if it gets knocked out. This training mode I had in mind works like the gauntlet, but you're able to toy around with weapons/spells you might not have. Also, if you or your pet gets knocked out, it wouldn't reduce your gear durability, and you wouldn't have to wait for your pet to come back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Fyrce
09-18-2017, 04:28 PM
You have to wait an hour to revive your pet if it dies in gauntlet, so I always leave gauntlet for the end of a session, when everything is on cooldown. Then I play gauntlet until my pet is knocked out, then I log out - btw, how does one log out? I usually force close app.

I like the spells at lot. Actually once I started upgrading spells, I sort of use them much more than my weapon, though weapon is on auto-attack.

Also, I would prefer the pet button to be on the right, since I seem to be using my left hand for spell tapping and my right for move tapping. However, maybe an option to have spell buttons on bottom left, bottom right, or left side or right side.

Oh! I do notice that after I stomp, most times I lose auto-target/attack and sometimes get attacked a round or two before I notice.

snowfu
09-18-2017, 05:57 PM
how does one log out? I usually force close app.

As far as I know you can't log out... but then again I'm still stuck with a guest account right now, since I don't think registering with Apple/Google/Facebook is open yet (if I'm wrong and you have please tell me because I'm having trouble with this!) But I force close the app too. It doesn't bother me too much.

Java
10-05-2017, 12:02 AM
After the bump to tier 9, I noticed the higher tier spells have a longer CD time. Could you have that info displayed on spell info page?

Avaree
10-05-2017, 08:14 AM
After the bump to tier 9, I noticed the higher tier spells have a longer CD time. Could you have that info displayed on spell info page?

I agree, the cd times displayed on the spells info would be helpful when choosing what skills we want to combine.

Love the vortex!

Shiloo
10-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Is the energy orb the only skill that goes where you’re pointing and not to the targeted enemy? That is frustrating!

Zojak
10-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Is the energy orb the only skill that goes where you’re pointing and not to the targeted enemy? That is frustrating!

I spoke with Vroom extensively about this spell the other night. It's suppose to go to targeted enemy. Super bugged ATM. I've had it go completely wrong directions. Or completely miss my target. I've had it hit my target and do no damage. As well as it went to and hit the wrong target.

angeldawn
10-05-2017, 09:39 AM
I spoke with Vroom extensively about this spell the other night. It's suppose to go to targeted enemy. Super bugged ATM. I've had it go completely wrong directions. Or completely miss my target. I've had it hit my target and do no damage. As well as it went to and hit the wrong target.

Thank god. I thought it was me and I was crazy lol.

Ardbeg
10-08-2017, 12:11 PM
nvm, a misunderstanding.

Avaree
10-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Could this spell be tweaked to push back fluffy and its cousin?

InFamouSs
10-12-2017, 06:16 PM
i like effects and everything just two things:
1-its sometimes hard to aim skills and hit where u want to hit(maybe because my screen isnt big enough?)
and 2-it would be awsome if we could see more info about skills like Range cooldowns and...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Burningdex
10-14-2017, 07:11 PM
All spells need a range descriptor, eg firebolt is 12m or something.

Carapace
10-19-2017, 04:23 PM
We've discussed internally the idea of adding distance information to the spells, but given the targeting that moves a player within range of the cast on press we believe this is superfluous information. The distance does not change for spells, so with time comes some familiarity.

Java
10-23-2017, 06:25 AM
Would love to get more info on the higher tier spells. What works well? I'm at a critical decision, train fireball spell to 6, train light ing to 4 or try out something new.

What's good? What's bad? What will have the most effect/benefit on tier 7, 8, 9 maps. What's the cool down like for the higher tier spells?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/4f7d939e079e1db22f172a289fa4ccef.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171023/fc9c70ee4b97212b00781c58ae5cf2d2.jpg

MageFFA
10-24-2017, 02:19 AM
Please provide feedback regarding Spells and how that affects your advancement.

My opinion starting with the skills I've unlocked first. Starting with Fire ball i think it's called, a very great skill just a slow burn time and damage during burn. I believe the skill should A either have higher damage with medium burn effect such as 20-50 dmg or lower dmg with higher burn dmg. This is all base stats so a Rank 1 fire ball. Arcane Bolt is such a good skill and it's very useful with it's high dmg. I find it the best starting skill to upgrade it's shere dmg. Overtime you could replace it with lightning. Heal is just OP(Good thing) Running the maps from Tier 1-Tier 6 you really won't die much with restore even just at 1 though i wish it healed your pets and party members in multilayer. Stomp is a great crowd control when you are being swarmed but over time it becomes useless when it's mostly based on kiting and flanking. Lightning is a very good dmg dealer but it's flawed......the range from 1 enemy to another is too small. It comes down to me trying to get them in a huddle just to try and get a double kill. I believe Lightning in PLA should work how it does for mages in PL where it attacks everything near it. Icestorm i think it is? Now i unlocked second set of skills a week back i believe so i don't really know if it slows down enemies but I'd probably say a increase in it's proximity would be better. I view it to be too small and short for it's dmg. I'll add on when i unlock more I've been focusinh on ice lightning and restore for the longest.

Kalielle
10-25-2017, 12:13 PM
I've been using Stomp to smash crates at low level (tier 5). They take too long to open otherwise, so I save my Stomp for that.

It feels like the range of Stomp is constantly smaller than I expected and I end up missing enemies because they're just out of range if I try to use it on enemies.

Azerothraven
10-27-2017, 09:00 AM
I've been using Stomp to smash crates at low level (tier 5). They take too long to open otherwise, so I save my Stomp for that.

It feels like the range of Stomp is constantly smaller than I expected and I end up missing enemies because they're just out of range if I try to use it on enemies.

The stomp is very good evasive skill extremely helpful in party gauntlet runs I feel the area effect should be increased too.

You can round them up and fireball all 3 players in cluster area and all dead

Stops helpful if u donít get timings right

Java
11-05-2017, 01:03 AM
Why does vortex have zeroes on stun & slow?

Thanks a latte!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171105/6ceb0feaf4295a7dfb33bc172097bc53.jpg

Shiloo
11-05-2017, 01:56 PM
I believe more upgrades add those!