PDA

View Full Version : PLA Character Pets

Justg
09-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Please provide feedback regarding Pets and how that affects your advancement.

Vystirch
09-14-2017, 11:00 AM
First off, I'm glad to see the return of pets.

And judging by this post "affecting advancement" they just won't be satalites either!

So, this affects by advancement of happiness positively.

-Vys

snowfu
09-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Maybe this was answered already, but will pets have more of a combat role in this one? I know the newer pets in PL have big stat boosts, but I'm wondering if a pet may be able to do that same thing (But maybe not 2k armor stat boosts :abnormal:), or maybe a pet would be able to attack.

Justg
09-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Pets are geared towards ranged, melee, and healing. They do not have any passive abilities.

Avaree
09-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Think the pets' cd for reviving in the lower tiers is too long. As more pets are unlocked, maybe make the cd longer?

Fyrce
09-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Reviving pet is ack haha.

snowfu
09-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Think the pets' cd for reviving in the lower tiers is too long. As more pets are unlocked, maybe make the cd longer?

Agreed. Or increase cd as pet level increases

Dalmony
09-17-2017, 02:03 PM
The pets definitely have a ridiculously long cool down in relation to how long they live for - I might be okay with an hour cool down if the pet lived more than a few minutes (or one gauntlet run).

I also feel like I am quite heavily dependent on the pets - they make a huge difference to how many stars I can get on a level and can be the difference between whether I am able to get 2 and 3 stars (because of them attacking) which I think is a bit much given how temporary they are :/

snowfu
09-17-2017, 02:18 PM
One thing I'm noticing (I'm using Boris who is close range) is that pets will attack traps, which only hurts you if it's a close-range pet. I was seeing Boris going right up to traps to attack them, and that led to to a quicker K.O. I think pets shouldn't attack traps, or maybe unless they're ranged pets. Close range pets should focus more on the enemy.

Avaree
09-17-2017, 07:30 PM
One thing I'm noticing (I'm using Boris who is close range) is that pets will attack traps, which only hurts you if it's a close-range pet. I was seeing Boris going right up to traps to attack them, and that led to to a quicker K.O. I think pets shouldn't attack traps, or maybe unless they're ranged pets. Close range pets should focus more on the enemy.

I found working with Boris fun, I was able to deal more dmg to multiple enemies, by getting the mobs to thre traps as he set them. But I agree, he gets K.O..'d faster..

Fyrce
09-18-2017, 04:42 PM
I am using the range pet (forgot name and not on at moment) and at the moment, I am using it basically as a distraction and to attack the melee mobs haha. I aim for the ranged mobs and the pet automatically rounds up the rest.

The pet does make a huge difference in being able to get stars and in running the gauntlet. I might just need to practice running with it more. The ranged pet seems to survive ok in the pve maps, but it seems to die quickly in gauntlet - maybe due to all the big traps/hazards.

Shiloo
09-25-2017, 10:43 AM
I believe Will and Phill's shard upgrade cost is is reversed. And sometimes my damn goat thinks he's union and just stands at the gate during the boss fight.

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-25-2017, 02:39 PM
I believe Will and Phill's shard upgrade cost is is reversed. And sometimes my damn goat thinks he's union and just stands at the gate during the boss fight.

Good catch, actually their upgrade cost is correct but their UI ordering was backwards. Fixed it!

Shiloo
10-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Dolores doesn’t get stuck trying to break furniture. I didn’t sit and watched her pull it back and forth for over a minute before she got it.

angeldawn
10-05-2017, 09:41 AM
I would love a higher tier pet that also heals.

I tend to only level Jill so I can play more aggressive

Zojak
10-05-2017, 09:47 AM
I would love a higher tier pet that also heals.

I tend to only level Jill so I can play more aggressive

I got rid of heals completely yesterday. At the higher tiers the amount of damage potential we have. As long as we dodge is insane. I cleared the multiplayer map last night to 3 stars with no hes at all. Solo.

angeldawn
10-05-2017, 09:48 AM
I was planning to give the other pets a whirl since they are all leveled. Iíll work on that tonight also.

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Dolores gets stuck trying to break furniture. I sat and watched her pull it back and forth for over a minute before she got it.

heh.. looks like Dolores was set up to always miss. Umm let's just say this is fixed and pretend it never happened :)

angeldawn
10-05-2017, 12:42 PM
heh.. looks like Dolores was set up to always miss. Umm let's just say this is fixed and pretend it never happened :)

Hahaha this gave me a good laugh [emoji38]

Shiloo
10-05-2017, 04:26 PM

Not to be picky.... But now that she can land a hit, would it be possible to have her do some dmg also? She tries so hard. But all those 0ís must make her sad.

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Not to be picky.... But now that she can land a hit, would it be possible to have her do some dmg also? She tries so hard. But all those 0’s must make her sad.

Well the "doing 0 damage" might have had something to do with the fact that she was always missing.. MIGHT..

Shiloo
10-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Well the "doing 0 damage" might have had something to do with the fact that she was always missing.. MIGHT..

There is a good possibility she isn’t fixed. Since she is still doing 0’s.

VROOMIGoRealFast
10-05-2017, 06:20 PM
There is a good possibility she isn’t fixed. Since she is still doing 0’s.

You won't see this live until tomorrow silly!

Schnitzel
10-06-2017, 06:15 PM
for some odd reason, I can't poke the icon for the 3rd pet (first row, top right corner pet icon), and sometimes if i click a pet from the second row, the first row's pets don't seem to allow previews anymore :/

Bug
10-06-2017, 06:24 PM
for some odd reason, I can't poke the icon for the 3rd pet (first row, top right corner pet icon), and sometimes if i click a pet from the second row, the first row's pets don't seem to allow previews anymore :/

You have to click on their Names

Ingonghulu
10-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Agreed, both on cooldown period and the effect pets have on obtaining stars

Shiloo
10-08-2017, 12:15 PM
At t6 the first map my pet still stands at the gate during the boss fight. It happens in maps past that occasionally .

Justg
10-08-2017, 01:03 PM
At t6 the first map my pet still stands at the gate during the boss fight. It happens in maps past that occasionally .

Thanks Shiloo. Any pet in particular or all of them?

Shiloo
10-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Was using Boris. Forget his name now.

Spullllll
10-09-2017, 01:29 AM
I often find my pet shooting little boxes and such and i never really use whats in them except the health/crit. This has been troublesome for me because ive needed just a few seconds to get that one star but my pet wastes time on uneeded things.

Kaziscate
10-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Pets are great the only thing I have to say is reduce the cooldown timer,but for more powerful pets, make the cooldown timer longer like +1 minute per rarity tier (5 minutes for common 6 for rare 7 for epic and so on)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InFamouSs
10-12-2017, 06:13 PM
i agree with kaziscate
pets are great...a big help but 10m is too much for a lvl 1 beetle :D
and they sometimes keep atacking objectives like boxes and barrels while im fighting mobs

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Shocan
10-13-2017, 09:32 AM
I have given up on reading through everything. So here is my question don't know if it has been asked yet. Are pets supposed to go through the boss gate? For me it does sometimes and sometimes it just doesn't...?

Spouty
10-13-2017, 09:56 AM
mayb make pets aggro on the mob ur hitting instead off auto-battling the boxes....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Shocan
10-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Thanks Shiloo. Any pet in particular or all of them?

I myself am seeing this with the beginning maps with the dodo pet. This happened on I think it would be called t2 first map. It has also happened on the 3 and 4 map of t1 for me. (I think I'm using that "t" right.)

Eagle eye2229
10-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Pets priority should be what you are attacking, also clicking their icon should summon them to your side :).

Cd is fine, just put your phone down for 15mins as long as the cd for higher tier pets isn't longer.

Ign: Bird

TheBerio
10-14-2017, 02:14 AM
I think their AI should be improved. They are pretty stupid, for example long ranged pet should keep it distance and run away from enemy if they are close.

Kaziscate
10-18-2017, 08:56 AM
There's an issue with pets just staying back attacking something and essentially being not as helpful. After being a certain distance away,they should just come right back to you. Also the only purpose of the pet button is to only deploy your pet and seeing the name of your pet? I was hoping there could be more usability of the pet button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freakyassasin
10-22-2017, 07:53 AM
Why let always attack secondary target(boxs,fire camp)and dont attack enemies?

Paleemperor
10-30-2017, 12:29 PM
i suggest make the pet attack who or whatever the player attacks .. just a suggestion

Java
10-31-2017, 08:34 PM
Cute "Malison" turned in to water head "Nekro"!!

Whyyyyy?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Java
11-05-2017, 01:00 AM
Can we get some info on pet damage? Are there other factors that effect their total damage besides their training level?. Thanks

VROOMIGoRealFast
11-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Can we get some info on pet damage? Are there other factors that effect their total damage besides their training level?. Thanks

Each pet has 2 abilities, a small white damage attack and their special attack.

Their damage is determined by the Training Level only, no additional factors. Pets do gain the same bonuses for hitting from the Side or Back (Flanking!) but are not modified by the player's Flanking Damage.

Bug
11-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Lingo is the best for me!

Noobzilla
11-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Some clarification on Bubo would be appreciated. Is it's critical rate buff a passive? A temporary ability? Does it run out / have a cool down? I like this pet but if it's not always up I may reconsider!

Zupko
11-21-2017, 01:43 AM
I am wondering why is pet behavior so wierd. My mebo is havign hard time doing anything usefull. He focuses mainly on those powerup crates not helping me kill mobs. But when he decide to attack mobs sometimes he just stuck, or just runs around mob like trying to find the perfect spot to hit him. Which is really annoying since i cant cound on him as much as i would like/expect.
Is there a chance we get some kind of pet options to pick if we rather like him to attack only mobs, or crates and stuff like that ?

Java
11-21-2017, 04:47 AM
I am wondering why is pet behavior so wierd. My mebo is havign hard time doing anything usefull. He focuses mainly on those powerup crates not helping me kill mobs. But when he decide to attack mobs sometimes he just stuck, or just runs around mob like trying to find the perfect spot to hit him. Which is really annoying since i cant cound on him as much as i would like/expect.
Is there a chance we get some kind of pet options to pick if we rather like him to attack only mobs, or crates and stuff like that ?Him's brute. Him's strong. Him's attack things. Him's shiny, not bright. [emoji16]

Java
12-07-2017, 03:56 AM
Does Kumi reflect damage from environmental objects(i.e. bombs, cannons) or just damage from enemies? Thanks