PDA

View Full Version : Question for SpaceTime Studios

TastyGoblin
09-17-2017, 08:45 AM
Hey, il start..

STS already said they are small company, but if you are small company that doesn't means you can't make your games popular. Its just pretty wierd why you guys don't post any videos on youtube or your facebook pages, those social media things can make game wayyyy popular! Your games is amazing guys, Im playing arcane legends very long time, and I can't go away from it! its just a big hype for me and I think for other players too, many players wants get something more in the game and many players can come in game if you will share your game in those social media (yt, fb and more..) Everyone will gonna say this is just mobile game.. no its not! Its more than mobile game! Im as a youtuber im trying to share this game too,
many players back to game because they saw my videos (I don't talking only about me, many youtubers doing this thing too and I really appreciate what are they doing! <3) I just saying, I can't be silent at this point because this game can be wayyy popular! More then like in old times :) (Sorry for my english too =D) Love you STS <3

Boltag
09-17-2017, 09:29 AM
It's not about they can make it more popular, the game is just getting old. The game is more for hardcore players now, I know to level up from level 1-41/43 is easy but after that is about grinding the specific maps over and over. This game isn't fit for casual players I think. Someday, I'm sure they will stop the update of this one and move on to the new one.

TastyGoblin
09-17-2017, 09:37 AM
What o_O This is the reason why this game is good its hardcore we love it! they can update this game, because many players put a lot of work in it. :)

You Mad Or Nah
09-17-2017, 11:42 AM
He means new players can't or (it will be hard) to adjust to the game at this point in the game. I agree with him the only way they catching up is by doing plat offers or buying plat. I still don't know get why Sts doesn't get this. They can't even keep veteran players happy.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Boltag
09-17-2017, 12:54 PM
What o_O This is the reason why this game is good its hardcore we love it! they can update this game, because many players put a lot of work in it. :)

Some of players are casual player. When the cap was 41, it was easy to to reach cap even we have to grind the tombs. But now is a lot to do, awakening, leveling, artifact, etc. It's not hack and slash anymore.

Continental
09-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Some of players are casual player. When the cap was 41, it was easy to to reach cap even we have to grind the tombs. But now is a lot to do, awakening, leveling, artifact, etc. It's not hack and slash anymore.

I played in season 1 and I thought it was a hard to reach cap back then at 21 lmfao. Now so easy to lvl to 46.. Only takes me 2h no joke.

P.S: STS is not looking to expand their current fan-base for AL. They are focused on attempting to attract a new base of players though their new game which is not MMO as confirmed by Justg in several threads previously.

A lot of their resources are focused on that. I noticed that the dev come online everyday now and but has little interactions with the community here. I assume they are working for the development of the new game. ( Yes, I stalk the devs and regularly check what they are looking at/ activity)

Continental
09-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Hey, il start..

STS already said they are small company, but if you are small company that doesn't means you can't make your games popular. Its just pretty wierd why you guys don't post any videos on youtube or your facebook pages, those social media things can make game wayyyy popular! Your games is amazing guys, Im playing arcane legends very long time, and I can't go away from it! its just a big hype for me and I think for other players too, many players wants get something more in the game and many players can come in game if you will share your game in those social media (yt, fb and more..) Everyone will gonna say this is just mobile game.. no its not! Its more than mobile game! Im as a youtuber im trying to share this game too,
many players back to game because they saw my videos (I don't talking only about me, many youtubers doing this thing too and I really appreciate what are they doing! <3) I just saying, I can't be silent at this point because this game can be wayyy popular! More then like in old times :) (Sorry for my english too =D) Love you STS <3

I agree with 99% of what you said...

TastyGoblin
09-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Yes they making new game, I really excisted too! but AL can be good as in old times too! We will see what they have for us.

Boltag
09-17-2017, 05:51 PM
I played in season 1 and I thought it was a hard to reach cap back then at 21 lmfao. Now so easy to lvl to 46.. Only takes me 2h no joke.

P.S: STS is not looking to expand their current fan-base for AL. They are focused on attempting to attract a new base of players though their new game which is not MMO as confirmed by Justg in several threads previously.

A lot of their resources are focused on that. I noticed that the dev come online everyday now and but has little interactions with the community here. I assume they are working for the development of the new game. ( Yes, I stalk the devs and regularly check what they are looking at/ activity)

Level 1-46 easy indeed as you said, but after that is hell to level 66.

I'm curious too about their new game, what kind of non-MMO game that they are developing? I also hope they give some update to their call of champion.

Continental
09-18-2017, 05:18 AM
Level 1-46 easy indeed as you said, but after that is hell to level 66.

I'm curious too about their new game, what kind of non-MMO game that they are developing? I also hope they give some update to their call of champion.

Justg said more info soon. Who knows how long that is haha. I think the game will be released early 2018...just a guess but ( I could be wrong). We will find out I guess.

Azerothraven
09-18-2017, 06:08 AM
Hey folks!

....To that end we are building a new game - a brand new type of game - one that's largely single-player, light, casual, driven by collection mechanics and social interaction as opposed to farming and trading... one that does not compete with our previous titles. This new game's business purpose is to bring more resources into the studio so we can put more into the games that we've given our hearts to! And, mostly for personal reasons, to continue our stewardship of some of the longest-running MMO games in history.

We'll have a lot more information coming up, but for now rest assured that our existing games will continue to run, and our intention is to keep making new content for AL to entertain and delight you.

Our new game may not be for all of you (it is casual, after all). But it's success will certainly benefit all of our old games as well.[/INDENT]

- g

My take from this is:

1. Brand new type of game so prepare yourself for anything except MMO
2. Largely single player ( me time yay)
3. collection mechanics ( @Ydra gonna be very happy haha)
4. Social interactions ( yay I love social interactions)
5. Light and casual ( super chill vibes <3 )
6. Less farming ( I personally don't like farming that much so this sounds like a game for me )
7. No Trading ( :( I like trading but at least there will be less scams haha)

Archerios
09-18-2017, 08:02 AM
I have a feeling I will love the new game.A screenshot pls lol.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Bug
09-18-2017, 08:23 AM
What's the question?

Avaree
09-18-2017, 11:34 AM
They can't even keep veteran players happy.

You are wrong.

I have played daily since 12-28-12, the only thing that makes me unhappy is some of the greediness I read in game or on the forum.
Sts has done well, even through growing pains and bumps in the road, they still do their best to deliever one of the best moblie games.
As far as new players starting out, I know of players who started from scratch whom never played AL before, who are just a few points away from LB. One of those players is in my guild, that player started out under 9 months ago. Players will achieve game goals at their level of motivation.

Thoughts from my happy, veteran mind (:

Cheers!
Ava

octavos
09-18-2017, 11:50 AM
My take from this is:

1. Brand new type of game so prepare yourself for anything except MMO
2. Largely single player ( me time yay)
3. collection mechanics ( @Ydra gonna be very happy haha)
4. Social interactions ( yay I love social interactions)
5. Light and casual ( super chill vibes <3 )
6. Less farming ( I personally don't like farming that much so this sounds like a game for me )
7. No Trading ( :( I like trading but at least there will be less scams haha)

i just read that...interesting....very interesting

Azerothraven
09-18-2017, 12:48 PM
They can't even keep veteran players happy.

As you can see, I have been with AL for a while ( 4+ years ) and I am pretty happy.

Few months ago STS got so much hate from the community, people writing threads every week about no update or sky falling down and speculating AL will be shut down etc...

None of that happened and STS has persevered through that and right now, there are a lot less complains etc..

Don't get me wrong, STS does have some work to do but what they achieved so far is Incredible.

We always want more but don't appreciate what we already have...

You Mad Or Nah
09-18-2017, 01:30 PM

As you can see, I have been with AL for a while ( 4+ years ) and I am pretty happy.

Few months ago STS got so much hate from the community, people writing threads every week about no update or sky falling down and speculating AL will be shut down etc...

None of that happened and STS has persevered through that and right now, there are a lot less complains etc..

Don't get me wrong, STS does have some work to do but what they achieved so far is Incredible.

We always want more but don't appreciate what we already have...

Ive been playing for +4 years plus too no big deal but there not that many veterans playing anymore like they used to be. Maybe they log in to say hello to a few friends but that's pretty much it(considering how much old gen players did for AL).
Like I said IF they can't keep the majority of players they have now satisfied because I'm 99% sure they will not be able to attract new players at the rate they going with this game(we need to find an equal on F2p and p2w). No hate towards Sts just saying facts I know they a hard working company. I just hope this new game brings more revenue towards them for well thought out updates that can benefit the whole AL community.
~New players and veterans players should be considered equally important.~
I remember cinco said new players should do the story guideline quests but I don't see much use. Ok they do the story guild line they get to lvl40-41 and do what ? It takes awhile for a person to know the mechanics of this game and without a good gold source you know that's a Rip.

Avaree
09-18-2017, 02:12 PM
Ive been playing for +4 years plus too no big deal but there not that many veterans playing anymore like they used to be. Maybe they log in to say hello to a few friends but that's pretty much it(considering how much old gen players did for AL).
Like I said IF they can't keep the majority of players they have now satisfied because I'm 99% sure they will not be able to attract new players at the rate they going with this game(we need to find an equal on F2p and p2w). No hate towards Sts just saying facts I know they a hard working company. I just hope this new game brings more revenue towards them for well thought out updates that can benefit the whole AL community.
I remember cinco said new players should do the story guideline quests but I don't see much use. Ok they do the story guild line they get to lvl40-41 and do what ? It takes awhile for a person to know the mechanics of this game and without a good gold source you know that's a Rip.

I have an idea :)

Would you want to do a start to finish guide? There are useful links in the playes guide that could be added in your guide :)

Azerothraven
09-18-2017, 02:20 PM

This is exactly the reason I stated a YouTube channel; I make guides for AL and reccomend new players to check out so they know what to do. I have a long way to go but I wanted to make it so new players don't quit once guy realize how hard it is to level after 50+ and making gold.

I am not planning to be super famous or anything just wanna help as many players as I can. People actually pm me and thank me because they can make 50k per day because of some of my content. It's not much gold for me but makes and motivates a lot of new players to keep farming xp and gold.

I have an idea :)

Would you want to do a start to finish guide? There are useful links in the playes guide that could be added in your guide :)

I am actually trying to do this but it's not working out very well rn for me due to busy schedule this time of the year.

You Mad Or Nah
09-18-2017, 02:39 PM
This is exactly the reason I stated a YouTube channel; I make guides for AL and reccomend new players to check out so they know what to do. I have a long way to go but I wanted to make it so new players don't quit once guy realize how hard it is to level after 50+ and making gold.

I am not planning to be super famous or anything just wanna help as many players as I can. People actually pm me and thank me because they can make 50k per day because of some of my content. It's not much gold for me but makes and motivates a lot of new players to keep farming xp and gold.

I am actually trying to do this but it's not working out very well rn for me due to busy schedule this time of the year.
Nice to know you are doing this bro. 💯
Some people think making videos and guides is easy Zzz

Eagleye
09-18-2017, 02:45 PM
You are wrong.

I have played daily since 12-28-12, the only thing that makes me unhappy is some of the greediness I read in game or on the forum.
Sts has done well, even through growing pains and bumps in the road, they still do their best to deliever one of the best moblie games.
As far as new players starting out, I know of players who started from scratch whom never played AL before, who are just a few points away from LB. One of those players is in my guild, that player started out under 9 months ago. Players will achieve game goals at their level of motivation.

Cheers!
Ava

He isn't wrong though. The same way he doesn't speak for all the veterans neither do you. I can guarantee that the influx of old players who have essentially quit since like 56 cap to now would be 10x greater then any previous era. You're also a particularly rare breed in the sense that you're probably in the 0.1% of how much you play and I guess if I had unlimited time I would present biased opinions like you always do as well, but unfortuanly for majority of the population that's not the case. I think you entirely missed his point that without plat or offers your not gonna "catch up" which basically means that the casual aspect of this game is gone which is why so many people are constantly complaining or leaving the game altogether. Once again this goes into the whole you having a biased opinion because you play more then most and obviously have more free time then most. So when sts releases a new cap and tells us to keep grinding maus like we've done for the past year you are fine with it because you have all the time in the world to be.
-Thoughts from this happy veterans mind.
Cheers! :-)

P.s you should learn how to be less pretentious it's old

mrm
09-18-2017, 03:23 PM
He isn't wrong though. The same way he doesn't speak for all the veterans neither do you. I can guarantee that the influx of old players who have essentially quit since like 56 cap to now would be 10x greater then any previous era. You're also a particularly rare breed in the sense that you're probably in the 0.1% of how much you play and I guess if I had unlimited time I would present biased opinions like you always do as well, but unfortuanly for majority of the population that's not the case. I think you entirely missed his point that without plat or offers your not gonna "catch up" which basically means that the casual aspect of this game is gone which is why so many people are constantly complaining or leaving the game altogether. Once again this goes into the whole you having a biased opinion because you play more then most and obviously have more free time then most. So when sts releases a new cap and tells us to keep grinding maus like we've done for the past year you are fine with it because you have all the time in the world to be.
-Thoughts from this happy veterans mind.
Cheers! :-)

Hey bud no need to be rude to her. She's a nice person :/.The thing about a MMO is the time you have to invest to get results. This is where the players who pay keeps the game running. They get there faster then the rest.If you think the grind for 120k GY point's was bad..you should try other mmo's been playing a other one for 1.5 years and still not close to cap.Main point is MMO'S are time consuming.

You Mad Or Nah
09-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Hey bud no need to be rude to her. She's a nice person :/.The thing about a MMO is the time you have to invest to get results. This is where the players who pay keeps the game running. They get there faster then the rest.If you think the grind for 120k GY point's was bad..you should try other mmo's been playing a other one for 1.5 years and still not close to cap.Main point is MMO'S are time consuming.
I don't see how his reply was offensive he/she was just clarifying what I was trying to say and I appreciate it.

Twomucho
09-18-2017, 07:49 PM
I would like to thank all the people whom thank their own post...thank you again

loyti
09-18-2017, 11:47 PM
I played this game for more than a year already and as a gamer for 10 years now, i can definitely say this has to be the best MMO. The gameplay is just superb and you have many options to do. The only thing i want to see in the upcoming updates are the adjustment on prices of the new weapons. It's just insane. Buying 10m+ for a single weapon. Not to mention the latest lock a.k.a. nightmare lock which cost 40 plat or 40 crate keys to open. I myself even tried to open a few locks using keys and i say byebye to my precious 3m which i gained from running maus and ESG. i even thought of quitting the game a few days ago untill i received a very special gift, a NORTHAL THRONE drop after just 4 tries. After that, i thought of giving this game 1 more shot.
I just hope STS can bring back the joy and fun which makes this game stands out among the rest. This game still has a lot of potential.

Xxkayakxx
09-19-2017, 12:03 AM
When a thread title is "question for Sts" then anyone but Sts answer.......this would be a good meme xD

Boltag
09-19-2017, 12:32 AM
When a thread title is "question for Sts" then anyone but Sts answer.......this would be a good meme xD

Well, since he posted this in open forum instead sending an email to STS we can't help it.

Monsteriveelt
09-19-2017, 11:32 AM
I have played this game since 2013 it takes about 3-4 hours to get to 57 if you know what you are doing
But this is a great game and I've been in love with it since 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssbake
09-19-2017, 11:42 AM

We always want more but don't appreciate what we already have...Sounds like dark legends to me [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
09-19-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't see how his reply was offensive he/she was just clarifying what I was trying to say and I appreciate it.

This is the part that is rude

It's not polite to call someone pretentious.
I don't personally know Avaree or we are not friends but I like Avaree.
Avaree is usually helping around forum/ in-game to many players

:)

Vvildfire
09-19-2017, 03:34 PM
I know it kinda sucks for endgamers who grinded their way to the cap, but maybe each cap should lower the previous levels' EXP requirements, I think it used to be like this a couple years ago. Make the EXP needed from 55 to 56 not too different compared to the jump from 41 to 42. By then new players will have run out of juicy 600-1k EXP quests and will have to grind the rest, or wait for the dailies, so it's not like they'll bolt up like they did 1-41.

marsu4u
09-19-2017, 03:36 PM
I know it kinda sucks for endgamers who grinded their way to the cap, but maybe each cap should lower the previous levels' EXP requirements, I think it used to be like this a couple years ago. Make the EXP needed from 55 to 56 not too different compared to the jump from 41 to 42. By then new players will have run out of juicy 600-1k EXP quests and will have to grind the rest, or wait for the dailies, so it's not like they'll bolt up like they did 1-41.

I wouldnt mind this as long as we are compensated for the hard grinding we did to 66

capeo
09-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Avaree is a friend and she runs as much as any of the hard core players. I've seen plenty of players with more kills, so no not top .01%.. She also selflessly runs to help her guild and friends. Not just for her own benefit. Anyone of her friends or guildmates that asks for her help she will help . Why someone would make a personal attach on her is beyond me. She is a good person and great player. Clearly your response was personal. So now this tread gets closed to gg.

Susanne
09-20-2017, 01:07 AM
I played a lot more in the past than I do nowadays. This is ok for me though because I'm not in a guild that puts pressure on me to be continually active. I am tired of the obsession with making as much gold as possible..it's more like a stock market game than hack and slash but I do realise that there are players who do enjoy different aspects of the game and there are many options..just a shame that not all are used or usable. The storyline was important to some for instance. Last time we see Gustav is as statuesque lanterns in undim. Gosh, I just realised why it's called undim..doh. I welcome a casual game now, but that's my preference. Each to their own and whatever floats your boat is what I say. I'll stay with AL for a little while longer, after all, we do have the Harvest to gather in. :)

Fyrce
09-20-2017, 01:47 AM
The L66 mythic weapons are supposed to be similar and hell lot cheaper to get...

Twerk
09-20-2017, 04:41 AM
You are wrong.

Cheers!
Ava

Yea my veteran mind is about to don't stand on certain people because they'll get you banned. That's how most likely AL society worked in the past too right. :^)

Greoatef
09-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Ive played AL since season one and i still love the game, its so much fun running with team mates and perfecting the speed and efficiency of maps. If its a team you have run with a lot, then the maps are like a dance, a meditation even ... its my relaxation time, put on some music and just flow.
I love collecting items and farming items ... chatting to friends ... our gc is hilarious sometimes and has me laughing out load.
Ill help random players in towns who call out "somebody please help", and get them through a map they have been having difficulty with, and do all sorts of different things.
I still find AL rich, colourful, and deep in so very many aspects of gameplay, its definately the very best game i have ever played, and even if i take some time out of the game (which i have many times) i always always return.
If im a little bored with running content, i continue my guide threads that are a continuous work in progress ... like the Arlor Cartographer and the Arlor Armoury. It takes HUGE amounts of time and energy to create guides .. and ive been working on those two threads for years now ... literally

The game is probably quite daunting for new players as the content now is so very huge .... but it doesnt mean it cant be done, and it doesnt mean they cant reach level cap in time. Plus all the gear required to reach level 61 is pretty cheap?!?!? And you dont need the most expensive op gear to be a good player at level 61.

Oh ... and Eagleye dont ever verbally bash the Avaree .... she is an absolute game Legend, and still playing ... and one of the kindest, most helpful, most respected players in the game.

Anyhows ... lets get the thread back on track with kindness and discussion ... a varied opinion is good, but there is never a need for verbal abuse, judgement, or insults. I apologise on behalf of Eagleye for their comment to you Ava.

I think Goblins point is that sts doesnt utilise social media as advertising enough ... and its such a huge marketing tool these days that its very important to get exposure through youtube, facebook twitter etc etc etc. Its a great way to attract new and maybe old players in to the game. I remember seeing some youtube videos in the old days about the game and its a great idea Goblin.

Susanne
09-20-2017, 08:30 AM
This is what I was trying to convey Greoatef. It's what makes you happy that counts. I have good memories and some not so good...but AL is the the best no doubt. I think I enjoyed it more when I first started out and maybe that's why I've become more reticent. Maybe I just need a small break. Glad to see someone else who doesn't mind helping new players out. :)

Twerk
09-20-2017, 08:59 AM
I heard buying/selling gold on line merch chats can get you banned.

Is that true?

It obviously is against the ToS captain Obvious, aye me matey.
But you sound like you got some experience, tell us about it. ;}

Greoatef
09-20-2017, 09:57 AM
Glad to see someone else who doesn't mind helping new players out. :)

yesterday:
random player in town "please can somebody help me"
random player "plezzzz can somebody help"
Greo "what do you need"
random player "i need help with boss in Underhul Southern Gates please"
Greo "okies party me :)"
run the map nice and smooth no problem ... and kill the boss making sure said player doesnt die when the boss get squished, and random player gets aps.
random player "ty so much"
Greo "Anytime and good luck :)"
random player "plzzzz sir can i have 21k gold to buy bow"
random player "plzzzzzzz sir"
Greo " @_@ "

Justg
09-20-2017, 09:58 AM
So... much.. drama!