PDA

View Full Version : star legends needs more mana/health regen

razerfingers
10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Lvl 31 2 health regen and proximity mines plus clusters of enimies equals waste of money on stims and no health regen barely makes it impossible to solo without elixirs? Like we need more health and mana regen right?

Ayc2000
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
yeah, i have to stop and wait sometimes for my health to regen when there's no engi cause i have less than 10 stims

Lowlyspy
10-24-2011, 04:27 PM
SL concentrates on the team aspect of the game a lot more than PL does, ergo less regen forcing you to run in a team.

FluffNStuff
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Or perhaps stop soloing :)
Be nice and let a mechanic check your oil and perform scheduled maintenance during your runs :)

drewcapu
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
SL concentrates on the team aspect of the game a lot more than PL does, ergo less regen forcing you to run in a team.

And die as a team!

razerfingers
10-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I like all your guys's points but once the engineer dies and everyone else dies they all start leaving one by one and its irritating plus sometimes the engineer doesnt care and gets mad when you say "heal please"

Lowlyspy
10-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I like all your guys's points but once the engineer dies and everyone else dies they all start leaving one by one and its irritating plus sometimes the engineer doesnt care and gets mad when you say "heal please"
Then you haven't met any good engi's, run with me some time, IGN Superkamiguru

Cahaun
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Yup whoever the engies you are playing with aren't good. If it's the maintenance you want, Abekrie delivers. (Unless he cuts the wrong wire in the Prox. Mine)

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Maybe this is the outcome of running with some PUG runs :(

Off topic! 31! Nice job!! :D

Bakoffmycandy
10-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I hear ya, Starting out was where I had the hardest time. When I decided to start playing SL I remember standing around (a lot). Waiting on health due to how expensive Stims are compared to how much money you make from selling trash. It was pretty hard to say the least.

As for the mines, I just want a STS Bumper Sticker that says : I <3 Proximity Mines

lolololol

CanonicalKoi
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Abekrie is a fine, fine Engie in my opinion. Krazii is another. I'm not in their league, but if you need an Engie, add Yosinabe and I'll run with ya. :)

razerfingers
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Alright, we solved the health regen issue=need more comitted engineers what about mana regen? You dont get mana regen from doing runs and running outta mana pots and you're broke so what do you do? Do runs without mana you get a pot and blow it back to zero...now how about that one?

roguedubb
10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I like the low HP regen, it makes me really appreciate an Engineer in the group. And the low MP regen means I actually have to think about using skills, instead of just blowing every skill on every cooldown because I know MP will regen quickly, or that I can cheaply stim/pot back to full.

Low regen makes HP/MP valued resources instead of something you can effectively ignore.

bronislav84
10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Engineers who need to be asked to heal are a waste of space. No matter their spec Empathy is basic. I'll throw my name into the pot. Add me if you want a good Eng, check my Sig.

Sadly I'm still 28 something as of this post and been having lag lately.

krazii
10-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Also, just a heads up to you fellow engineers, in case you didn't know, Rev gives a +1 mana regen bonus and a +1 damage bonus to the entire party for one minute, so cast it at the beginning of the level and every minute or so after that, even if no one is dead.

Note: this is with one skill point in Rev, not sure if you put more skill points in Rev if it increases the mana regen/damage bonus or not. Too cheap to test it, but what if you put 6 points in revive and got a +6 damage bonus to each teammate, that would make things go really fast.

Fac3bon3s
10-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Rev added with your bubble will help regen your mana a little quicker. Unless I am dead my mana is almost always full and if my group and I are not at full health my heals are always up.

Engineers who need to be asked to heal are a waste of space.

Some engineers are pure dps spec. You will notice this. If the are carrying a rifle there are not there to heal.

Necrobane
10-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Engs often - myself included get the 1 m/s chip, so we don't run out :) Ops can spec so as not to run out of mana, same with coms.

razerfingers
10-24-2011, 11:29 PM
So esencially with the way the game is u can be a com with all dex and still use com stuff? Same with int?

Necrobane
10-25-2011, 12:09 AM
yep, but theres no point, well, no gain.

Necrobane
10-25-2011, 12:10 AM
Each class ends up with 2 m/s if they put all their points in their attribute. i.e eng puts all theirs in int.

roguedubb
10-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Some engineers are pure dps spec. You will notice this. If the are carrying a rifle there are not there to heal.

Possibly not the most valid conclusion to draw, as currently a rifle will provide the biggest Empathy heal possible.

razerfingers
10-25-2011, 09:27 AM
So i could respec my engineer to dex and have a rifle to be beast essencially? Like dps beast cause my engineer has a rifle and a one hand gun cause at 25 the hand blasters are ugly well its 27 now but still

Fac3bon3s
10-25-2011, 09:37 AM
I don't have all my points in Int and still have +2 mana regen. I put 25 into dex. Silly me. I was thinking that the added crit bonus would boost my heals. I later found out that this does nothing. I am just to lazy to change my stats.

bronislav84
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM

Possibly not the most valid conclusion to draw, as currently a rifle will provide the biggest Empathy heal possible.I agree. It is a mixed signal.

But seriously DPS spec are useless too if they can't heal. Engineer is a flexible class, and there's enough points now. I mean come on, this isn't Wowcrap where they limit you to a spec. There's no excuse for dropping DPSing for two seconds just to avoid a wipe. I mean really.

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I agree. It is a mixed signal.

But seriously DPS spec are useless too if they can't heal. Engineer is a flexible class, and there's enough point now. I mean come on, this isn't Wowcrap where they limit you to a spec. There's no excuse for dropping DPSing for two seconds just to avoid a wipe. I mean really.

Agreed. I tend to stay with the gloves just because it keeps me focused more on healing and whatnot that going all Rambo (which, if you stick a weapon in my hot little hands, I'll at least try to do). :D

Deathpunch
10-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Agreed. I tend to stay with the gloves just because it keeps me focused more on healing and whatnot that going all Rambo (which, if you stick a weapon in my hot little hands, I'll at least try to do). :D

I prefer a heavy pistol for healing. They are almost as effective as rifles in damage and skill bonuses, plus I can use a shield that boosts my INT, for MOAR mana, and my def for MOAR not deadness.

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I prefer a heavy pistol for healing. They are almost as effective as rifles in damage and skill bonuses, plus I can use a shield that boosts my INT, for MOAR mana, and my def for MOAR not deadness.

We want.... MOAR!!! ;)

Cyberius
10-25-2011, 10:47 AM
I feel the mana/health regen is just about right. It definitely encourages skill and strategy over mindless spamming of skills as well as encouraging proper team play. I play my 34 Engi in guild runs and never have regen issues and that's running Enpathy at every engagement along with the usual Transferance, Leech, Pain and Decay skills as necessary. Health regen for my teams is a moot point. So long as they're smart with their skills (most of my guildies are!) so is mana regen. Even under Leroy Jenkins situations there's usually little to no drama. It all comes down to individual ability and how well the team plays together. Just my 2 Plat :D

razerfingers
10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Alright ive noticed engineer has an awesome skill thats like health regen thats blown outta the water and solved cause skills use less mana i saw same with op im able to jave a steady mana supply well what ahout comando their skills require alotta mana ive noticed

Cyberius
10-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Com's do have a mana regen skill and it helps. As I've watched everyone's levels whilst healing and I have noticed that Com's seem to do ok with mana. Depends on the skill set, how often the skills are used, play style etc. I've noticed some Com's fly through mana where others don't. I have noticed that teamwork makes all the difference in efficiency in mana, health damage and xp over the course of a stage. Better players = better team = less mana used + Faster, better runs.

Kahlua
10-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Com's do have a mana regen skill and it helps. As I've watched everyone's levels whilst healing and I have noticed that Com's seem to do ok with mana. Depends on the skill set, how often the skills are used, play style etc. I've noticed some Com's fly through mana where others don't. I have noticed that teamwork makes all the difference in efficiency in mana, health damage and xp over the course of a stage. Better players = better team = less mana used + Faster, better runs.
If you're a commando and you can play through a hard level without having to use mana pots...then you're not doing something right :p

Not you personally, just a general statement.

Cyberius
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
If you're a commando and you can play through a hard level without having to use mana pots...then you're not doing something right :p

Not you personally, just a general statement.

Ah! You must be one of those Rambo style Com's that burn through the stage like a light saber through butter! LOL My favorite! :D

razerfingers
10-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Haha okay then i need a combo to better efficiantly use my coms skills