PDA

View Full Version : New Star Legends Player Video Guide Event Rules!

Samhayne
10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
This contest has ended!

Congratulations to Challa on Winning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fO5zDVpcYI

For the contest conclusion announcement, please see this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44069-Announcing-the-Winner-to-the-Star-Legends-Player-Video-Guide-Contest-Challa!&p=497215#post497215

--------------------------------

Who Can Participate In The Event?
Anyone can enter! We are accepting entries from anyone with a Star Legends account.

What Is The Event?
Create a video guide teaching new players how to play Star Legends. Entries must meet the following criteria.

• Between 2 and 5 minutes long.

• Use in game footage to guide a new player through the basics of:

Character Creation
Chat / Tells
Adding / Playing with friends
Map / Entering Dungeons
Quests
Attribute points
Training skills
Basics of combat
Trade
Stash
Inventory/Equipping
Store
Anything else you feel a new player needs to know
• In English

• Posted on http://www.youtube.com/

• Entries must be submitted by November 27th at 11:59 PM Central USA Time (GMT-6)!

• Email sent from a valid account email address to fun@spacetimestudios.com with the subject “New Player Video Event Entry” With the following information.
Star Legends Account email
Character name for in game rewards
Forum name
Link to video
• Creativity is a big plus, it has got to be interesting or no one will want to watch it!

• Keep it clean. ;)

• The winning contestant must provide Spacetime Studios with the video file to post on the Star Legends website in order to win.

• You MUST own the rights to any music used in your video. This means you may NOT use any commercial music (a CD or MP3 file you own of an artist, for example). This means you need to either make the music yourself. Our suggestion is to use your voice to have a descriptive voice over helping the viewer to understand what they are seeing.

When Does The Event Begin?
It starts today! Entries will be accepted from today through November 27th at 11:59 PM Central USA Time (GMT-6)! The Spacetime Studios staff will declare a winner within a few days once we review all of the submissions!

Where Do I Post My Entry?
YouTube. Entries should be posted on http://www.youtube.com/. Then contact Spacetime with the information outlined above.

How Do I Make It?
However you want! You can go about creating this video however you want just as long as you meet the requirements specified above. Chat, Sing, Type your way to victory!

What's This For?
To help give new players a jumpstart in Star Legends course! Oh, and PRIZES!

• Winner: 2,000 Platinum, a R.I.V.E.T. Vanity Pet, Your Video Posted on the Star Legends Website, and everlasting FAME!
• Runners Up: 500 Platinum, Videos linked from Star Legends Website.
• All Valid Entrants: Orange Antenna

If you want inspiration, check out the contestants to the Pocket Legends New Player Video Guide Event: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16209-New-Player-Video-Guide-Event-Entries

Below is the legal stuff. Have fun with the videos, we look forward to seeing your submissions!!

Submission Agreement

This is the agreement of Space Time Studios LLC, a Texas limited liability company located on the Internet at Spacetimestudios.com ("SPACETIME"), and you ("Submitter").

This Submission Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered upon e-mailing contest submission, as outlined above, by Submitter.

The Submitter desires to furnish SPACETIME with one or more sets of source video (the "Content") for review and consideration for publication by SPACETIME, on, in, or in connection with SPACETIME’s online game now known as “Star Legends.”

It is a condition to SPACETIME's acceptance, consideration, and possible publication of the Content that Submitter agrees to the following terms and conditions:

1. During the period in which it is considering the Content, SPACETIME shall take its standard steps to keep the Content confidential. SPACETIME agrees to take security precautions of at least the same degree of care that it takes to protect its own similar confidential materials. Notwithstanding the previous two sentences, SPACETIME or any of its affiliates may disclose all or a portion of the Content if requested or required in connection with litigation, civil investigative demand, or similar process.

2. For the purposes of this Agreement, no part of the Content will be treated as confidential, and the requirements set forth in Section 1 above will not apply if it: (a) has previously been independently disclosed to, or developed by, SPACETIME or any affiliate of SPACETIME; (b) was or hereafter becomes part of information made known to the public; or (c) hereafter becomes available to SPACETIME on a nonconfidential basis from a third party which, in SPACETIME's reasonable belief, is not, at the time such material is provided, under any conflicting legal obligation to Submitter.

3. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Star Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

4. In the event that SPACETIME determines, in its sole discretion, that Content provided by Submitter may be added to, integrated into, or otherwise included in Star Legends and for related purposes, then Submitter will be deemed to have granted SPACETIME an irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid, right and license in and to the Content for purposes of use of Content in Star Legends, other products or services or SPACETIME, and for institutional purposes for and for the benefit of SPACETIME. The license includes all rights under copyright, and the full right to modify, edit, revise, or otherwise alter the Content. Submitter hereby waives all moral rights he or she may have in and to the Content. The license granted hereunder includes, without limitation, the right for SPACETIME to make derivative works based on or incorporating Submitter’s Content.

5. When and if SPACETIME utilizes Content, it will endeavor to provide recognition of Submitter on it Star Legends Internet Site; provided that failure to do so will not be a breach of this Agreement. Consideration of the Content by SPACETIME, and the recognition set forth in this Section, is the sum total of consideration to be provided to Submitter in connection with rights granted herein. SPACETIME will be under no further obligation to enter into a relationship with Submitter; however nothing in this Agreement shall preclude the parties from entering into future negotiations with respect to Content or further services from Submitter. SPACETIME shall have no obligation to return any Content to Submitter.

6. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; ; (ii) Submitter has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey to SPACETIME the Content and the rights granted herein, (iii) no use of Content as provided herein by SPACETIME or its designee(s) will infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party; (iv) Submitter has the right and authority to enter into this Agreement with SPACETIME and (v) no outstanding agreements exist, whether written or implied, which are inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Agreement.

7. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to the conflicts of law principles thereof. Any action arising out of this Agreement will be brought only in the State of Federal courts located in Austin, Texas, and Submitter expressly consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the foregoing courts. In addition to any recovery, the prevailing party in any action will be entitled to an award of its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in connection with any action.

8. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. No waiver or modification of any of the terms of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by each of the parties hereto.

9. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be declared invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or unenforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement, it being hereby agreed that such provisions are severable and that this Agreement shall be construed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable provisions were omitted.

10. It is a material provision of this Agreement that Submitter represents to SPACETIME that he or she is over the age of 18 and fully authorized and capable of entering into this Agreement and being legally bound thereby. But for Submitter making this foregoing representation to SPACETIME, SPACETIME would not enter into the Agreement with Submitter.

ACCEPTED AND AGREED UPON BY SPACETIME.

SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED VIA E-MAIL AGREE TO BE FULLY BOUND BY THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

thefirehawk
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Awsome I am entering

ninjaduck
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
nice. and reserved

Mastercon
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
O.o 2,000 plat and RIVET. o.O

Zombiemurder
10-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Could we do a bunch of pictures showing the required items.

Dracula
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Ahh.... Something I can sink my teeth into.

Fillfury
10-24-2011, 06:04 PM
awesome will try to make a video

Corpser
10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone can enter! We are accepting entries from anyone with a Star Legends account.

What Is The Event?
Create a video guide teaching new players how to play Star Legends. Entries much meet the following criteria.

Typo!!!!!

this contest will be great! brings back memories of the pl one

KrystalxKOC
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Sooo entering.

BodMaster
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Great event! Plus Orange antenna for entering... nice! :D

ninjaduck
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM

What Is The Event?
Create a video guide teaching new players how to play Star Legends. Entries much meet the following criteria.

Typo!!!!!

this contest will be great! brings back memories of the pl one
shuddup...Sam never makes mistakes :victorious:

Cahaun
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Challenge accepted

SUPAPRODIGY
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM
i think i can do something like it

Lowlyspy
10-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Sigh, im not even sure where to start with this one, dang i really wanted those antennas too ;_;

Carth
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Can't enter. I'm not 18 or older. :(

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Add Content

Ovocotto
10-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Nice :)

clonefoursix
10-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Does it have to be a maximum 5 minutes long? Mines 16 minutes, would that be ok? :D

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 07:13 AM
16 mins sounds like a long time, but I'm sure it would be ok.

Acyer
10-25-2011, 07:17 AM
How are u guys recording. I can't find anything that will let me record live stream from my phone.

Rawrimafish
10-25-2011, 07:23 AM
i cannot enter :(
unless i do on ipod

OrionnoirO
10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Would like to know what software is out there to record in-game footage on an iPod Touch 4G :) Never made a video, never posted to YouTube, but I am determined to try and at least make something lol :D

Slant
10-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I can video edit good would have liked to collaborate with someone on the project but Im busy getting 2 maybe 3x36 so this is another contest I wont be entering... good luck everyone

Samhayne
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Does it have to be a maximum 5 minutes long? Mines 16 minutes, would that be ok? :D

The video should be between 2 minutes long up to 5 minutes long. Anything over 5 minutes is too long. You will want to edit your video down to be 5 minutes or less. Try to keep it informative and focused on what a new player needs to know to have fun with the game.

We can't wait to see it!

Jacus
10-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I wish I was over 18 :(
Oh well I will just have to wait I suppose just out of curiosity Why do we have to be 18+?

DJSKRILLEX
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
how does one record from ipod.

ninjaduck
10-25-2011, 04:16 PM
use hypercam on sl for chrome

Slant
10-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah just use a desktop, and get the app on chrome, then use a screen capture software to record whats going on screen, and then edit this footage

Heyyoucooll
10-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Ah man so now im at a lost cause i was just gonna video my ipod

Ign: Gandhi/ YinYang

clonefoursix
10-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Is sl even on chrome yet?

Dracula
10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Is sl even on chrome yet?

Yes http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40841-Chrome-Beta-Not-Currently-Available-via-the-Chrome-Web-Store

The Royal Gaurd
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
I wish I was over 18 :(
Oh well I will just have to wait I suppose just out of curiosity Why do we have to be 18+?

must we really be 18? i'm 16 this year and my majors are up until Nov 15, but i really wanna win that plat!

Majik
10-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Just submitted mine! You btter check it out!! Its on youtube btw

Dracula
10-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Just submitted mine! You btter check it out!! Its on youtube btw

Nice vid, but I think you have to have legal rights to use the music featured in the video.

Rawrimafish
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
how does one record from ipod.
i dunno lol

drewcapu
10-28-2011, 09:44 AM
You can use a second device to capture yourself playing on your primary device. That's how a lot of entries were for the PL contest.

Also, no need to reserve posts. You have to submit via email :D

Heyyoucooll
10-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Ok i made my video now how do i submit

Ign: Gandhi/ YinYang

Bakoffmycandy
10-30-2011, 02:45 AM
Very cool contest! I'm all ready brainstorming ideas :)

Jugernugett
10-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Sam....can I ask you a question?

Jugernugett
10-31-2011, 08:26 PM
Sam;) bribery will work?

Cytokinesis
11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
What's This For?
To help give new players a jumpstart in Star Legends course! Oh, and PRIZES!

• Winner: 2,000 Platinum, a R.I.V.E.T. Vanity Pet, Your Video Posted on the Star Legends Website, and everlasting FAME!
• Runners Up: 500 Platinum, Videos linked from Star Legends Website.
• All Valid Entrants: Orange Antenna

*faints*

Dracula
11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
*faints*

*Casts Rev*

BodMaster
11-03-2011, 02:42 PM
*Casts Rev*

How did your Com get Rev??? eh eh something your hiding from me Drac :O

Dracula
11-03-2011, 09:34 PM
How did your Com get Rev??? eh eh something your hiding from me Drac :O

What? No rev? Then what have I been casting this whole time?!

Ebalere
11-05-2011, 02:38 PM
What do we do for background music? Can we just submit the video and you guys add the blackstar theme? I don't want to ruin my video with the wrong music.

BodMaster
11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
What do we do for background music? Can we just submit the video and you guys add the blackstar theme? I don't want to ruin my video with the wrong music.

As far as im aware you can't use someone else's music. So to do it you would have to compose your own music (unless this has changed..)

Guess you could record the theme music, when your in B* or Lobby.

Ebalere
11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
That's true Bod, the reason I ask tho is I found a pretty cool non copyrighted instrumental I'd like to use. I'm just gonna submit the one with music and let them know I have a mute copy as well.

EDIT: POSTED ON YOUTUBE, SUBMISSION ENTERED.

BodMaster
11-05-2011, 06:39 PM
That's true Bod, the reason I ask tho is I found a pretty cool non copyrighted instrumental I'd like to use. I'm just gonna submit the one with music and let them know I have a mute copy as well.

EDIT: POSTED ON YOUTUBE, SUBMISSION ENTERED.

Cool will check it out :))

Slant
11-06-2011, 09:56 AM
cant find the links for your videos guys? haha can you post them here pls? and I cant wait to see Dracula's video lol

Ebalere
11-06-2011, 02:38 PM
cant find the links for your videos guys? haha can you post them here pls? and I cant wait to see Dracula's video lol

Drac's video will be intense!

Justg
11-06-2011, 03:28 PM
For reference, here is the most excellent winner from the Pocket Legends contest, viewed over 27,000 times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r060eraLxyE

Very much looking forward to your entries :D

- g

Slant
11-06-2011, 05:39 PM
well this is my entry, did a quick job cause I just want the antenna, and want to level... and Im pretty sure you cannot equip two of R.I.V.E.T at a time...

http://youtu.be/5aJNaiAfT0M

my approach would have been to put it all in premiere and add baloons and callouts and arrows to show whats going on, and like flowing green lines from the engie to those getting buffed lol... but using an actual camera and having fingers going around instead of a pointer seems to be a much better way anyway, theres a detailed step by step breakdown on how I made this one posted here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?41859-How-to-make-a-video-and-get-the-orange-antenna) in case anyone wants to make one but is unsure about how to go about it

@music thingy, im sure you can use creative commons or public domain music, thats what it is there for, just give credit

themars
11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I have my video thx to Zero!!!
But it's 9 mins long, Anyone knows good edit software were u can cut pieces out of movies.
By the way it's an AVI file

Slant
11-09-2011, 01:48 PM
you can cut pieces out of MultiAVHCD (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/multiAVCHD), its free and youtube has a editing plus text feature as well

Barrington
11-10-2011, 06:34 AM
hmm ill be able to enter this one whats the best screen recorder for pc

Slant
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
^ugh missed that donno how try camstudio its free and light

jg91011@yahoo.com
11-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I was hacked and banded for what can i be unbanded

MY USERname is joelgraves

BodMaster
11-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I was hacked and banded for what can i be unbanded

MY USERname is joelgraves

Email Support they will be able to give you more information as banning reasons are not to be discussed on forum.

Support(at)spacetimestudios.com replace (at) - @

Zeus
11-12-2011, 01:14 PM
May anybody show me where it says that we cannot use music of our choice?

CanonicalKoi
11-12-2011, 01:23 PM
May anybody show me where it says that we cannot use music of our choice?

I think it falls under this, Parth:

6. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; ; (ii) Submitter has the exclusive, unconditional right and authority to submit and/or convey to SPACETIME the Content and the rights granted herein, (iii) no use of Content as provided herein by SPACETIME or its designee(s) will infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party; (iv) Submitter has the right and authority to enter into this Agreement with SPACETIME and (v) no outstanding agreements exist, whether written or implied, which are inconsistent with any of the provisions of this Agreement.

You're agreeing that it's all your content (except, of course, for STS' properties). Music by another artist would be someone else's work as well as "... infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party;..." Easy enough for you and me making a YouTube vid--Fair Use and all that. Much harder for a business entity like STS that stands to make profit from it to claim "Fair Use".

Zeus
11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC_6kjL5Nmw

Mine is done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC_6kjL5Nmw

SilentCat
11-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Here's my entry ! Sorry, it's the first time I edit / create a video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90DrSJofc-s

By the way, Devs, I sent you all you asked for, but I didn't received any '' Email received '' from you, so i'm scared that you didn't received it ?

- Cat

DJMdivine
11-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I wouldve liked to enter this contest, but with no way to get star legends working on my PC im at a huge loss... I have an Acer Aspire desktop with a driver called Acer X1200. The past week ive been trying to figure out how to get it running, but with no reasoning at all to get it working I kinda just gave up. And all because of the graphics driver... :/

SilentCat
11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
How can I know if fun@spacetimestudios received my entry ? If there's any developpers watching this, please tell me if you guys have it !
Thanks.. *taking a soda and some hot crisps*

- Cat

Barrington
11-13-2011, 07:34 AM
well my stupid video editor just sped up everything instead of cutting it :(

Trollee
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
EDIT: Re-made my video due to the extended timeline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glv40Y-zehs

In case anyone is interested this is a link to my old video: Star Legends Tutorial by Trollee (v1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE3Wa1v3IMo&feature=related)

Feedback appreciated!

Slant
11-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Trollee really liked your submission, you have focused more on the flow of the video rather than stuff like fx, you have made this interesting enough so doesnt matter if the video is not there or u are using screenshots, works fine that way, not sure if it is just my laptop but I cudnt really hear what you were saying for some bits maybe the audio track is clipping? the voice is one of the strong points of this vid, so just take a look at that, otherwise, this one is very good at explaining the game

SilentCat
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
When is it finished ?
I so want my awesome orange antennas :D !

- Cat

Trollee
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Trollee really liked your submission, you have focused more on the flow of the video rather than stuff like fx, you have made this interesting enough so doesnt matter if the video is not there or u are using screenshots, works fine that way, not sure if it is just my laptop but I cudnt really hear what you were saying for some bits maybe the audio track is clipping? the voice is one of the strong points of this vid, so just take a look at that, otherwise, this one is very good at explaining the game

Thanks for the feedback!
I compiled the video in iMovie. I am a little disappointed at how the quality turned out but I was in a bit o a rush to submit it. =/
I recorded all the audio in Garage Band along with an in-built soundtrack that is part of Garage Band. Because I recorded all the audio one sentence at a time, and them came back through and edited and re-did a few there is not really a consistent flow with the audio- sometimes my pitch at one sentence is completely different to the next.
Nonetheless, after looking at Kalielle's winning video for the Pocket Legends contest I realised that you can really fit in a whole lot more information through audio compared to just text on the screen. So I knew if I wanted to be competitive at all then that would be how to do it.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
Good luck everyone!

Zeus
11-13-2011, 08:05 PM
This is my FINAL submission! Thank you for all that helped with constructive criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4KYDULzV0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4KYDULzV0I

The Royal Gaurd
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Waited until now to post it on youtube!!!

check it out:

Beginner's Guide to Star Legends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNNQhuPU4aw)

Oh crud i posted the wrong video. DEVS please ignore this.

This is the final one instead!

Beginner's guide to Star Legends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT5_lnBaAmg)

Zeus
11-13-2011, 11:52 PM

check it out:

Epic video! I guess we can call it a day! LOL! (:

Redbridge
11-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Epic video! I guess we can call it a day! LOL! (:

I don't stand a chance....lol

Oh well, where hoping i meet the antenna requirements....

here's mine - www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq1AhObqWEs

serprus
11-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Heres mine :)

Starters Guide to Star Legends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q38HvrJxLIU)

Just got it in at 11:54pm CST

Corpser
11-14-2011, 04:28 AM
woops i added some music from my itunes library if they decide to use mine (which i doubt) ill remove it.

Kahlua
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM

check it out:

very...very strange song choice...but the video and the editing are so good! Best I've seen so far!

The Royal Gaurd
11-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi guys, really appreciate your kind words. I have only iMovie to thank XD.
Hmm about the song choice, i wanted to use aqua vitae by future world music, but i could not obtain their permission in time, so i had to use the default sound effects provided in iMovie! I promise that during my holidays i'll make a better one, not for the prize but for those out there who just started playing the awesome game known as Star Legends :02.47-tranquillity:

SilentCat
11-14-2011, 08:43 AM
When will we get the orange antennas ? I can't wait for them ! :applause:

- Cat

The Royal Gaurd
11-14-2011, 08:58 AM
When will we get the orange antennas ? I can't wait for them ! :applause:

- Cat

devs say a few days after the event ends...

themars
11-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh no my subject is a little bit different than it used to be? Is that a problem?

The Royal Gaurd
11-14-2011, 10:13 AM
i'm sorry but i do not really get what you are trying to convey, although you may try editing your video via youtube but i do not advise so as it may put you in this position. "Submission after end-date" so yea...

themars
11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilO1P00diMY&feature=related

This is mine

@royal: I send an email to SpacetimeStudios but I just read the subject of the mail needed to be: "Star Legends Player video entry"
and I Wrote "Star Legends Player Video". So I don't know if they are gonna accept it :(

serprus
11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Im excited to know who won already :D

The Royal Gaurd
11-14-2011, 08:26 PM

This is mine

@royal: I send an email to SpacetimeStudios but I just read the subject of the mail needed to be: "Star Legends Player video entry"
and I Wrote "Star Legends Player Video". So I don't know if they are gonna accept it :(

Technically you have not met the requirements, however i don't think the devs are that mean to take you out of the competition for a single mistake. Good luck! :onthego:

Zeus
11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Dang it! I sent it to the wrong email too! They normally just have us send it in to support. :(

I just re emailed it to the right email. I really hope I'm not disqualified. :/

themars
11-15-2011, 01:28 AM
AWW Apollo That would really suck. I hope they accept it.

SilentCat
11-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Quuuuuuick orange antennas ! :p
By the way, why can't I click on '' Thanks '' anymore ? I don't even see the button..

- Cat

Redbridge
11-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Quuuuuuick orange antennas ! :p
By the way, why can't I click on '' Thanks '' anymore ? I don't even see the button..

- Cat

You can only give out so much per day.... You'll get more tomorrow...

SilentCat
11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
You can only give out so much per day.... You'll get more tomorrow...

My brother talked about you too, RedBridge.
My brother = Hayabusaz / Masterchief.

- Cat

SilentCat
11-15-2011, 05:09 PM
My heart is bleeding... i'm dying.. need.. *cough*orange antennas*cough*.. meow..

- Cat

The Royal Gaurd
11-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Patience young one.... XD
sorry couldn't resist, actually, i'm pretty excited as well! :witless:

SilentCat
11-16-2011, 01:14 PM
It's been a few days now...

Muahahahahahaha..

Joking... :D

can't wait.. Rawr.. Orange antennas yummy !

- Cat

Samhayne
11-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone,

We've pushed the deadline for submitting your video to the contest back to Nov. 27th. The main reason for this are issues with audio rights. Many of the submissions entered used commercial music that the video creator does not have the rights to use (using a popular artist's music, for example).

We've added the following to the rules:

• You MUST own the rights to any music used in your video. This means you may NOT use any commercial music (a CD or MP3 file you own of an artist, for example). This means you need to make the music yourself, or hold the exclusive world wide rights to the music that you can transfer to Spacetime Studios. Our suggestion is to use your voice to have a descriptive voice-over helping the viewer understand what they are seeing.

We will be posting a submission thread shortly of entries so that the video creators can see that their submission has been received and also receive feedback, should they wish to make revisions.

Ebalere
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone,

We've pushed the deadline for submitting your video to the contest back to Nov. 27th. The main reason for this are issues with audio rights. Many of the submissions entered used commercial music that the video creator does not have the rights to use (using a popular artist's music, for example).

• You MUST own the rights to any music used in your video. This means you may NOT use any commercial music (a CD or MP3 file you own of an artist, for example). This means you need to make the music yourself, or hold the exclusive world wide rights to the music that you can transfer to Spacetime Studios. Our suggestion is to use your voice to have a descriptive voice-over helping the viewer understand what they are seeing.

We will be posting a submission thread shortly of entries so that the video creators can see that their submission has been received and also receive feedback, should they wish to make revisions.

Cool, I wonder if mine made the cut, unfortunately I can't voice record, but maybe I can work something out by the 27th. So just to clarify, we WILL be able to revise our videos, even if there's nothing wrong with them? I might want to rework mine, since I was first to post and had a few of my ideas nabbed. Plus now I'm not so sure about any music at all.

Samhayne
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Cool, I wonder if mine made the cut, unfortunately I can't voice record, but maybe I can work something out by the 27th. So just to clarify, we WILL be able to revise our videos, even if there's nothing wrong with them? I might want to rework mine, since I was first to post and had a few of my ideas nabbed. Plus now I'm not so sure about any music at all.

Yes, you can revise your submissions up to the new deadline of Nov. 27th.

Challa
11-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Good for me, because I actually wanted to do voice-over for my entry, but I lacked of time. I got into FL Studio recently, so I'm gonna try to compose music too :)

serprus
11-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Sam
YouTube has an audio feature that allows us to use the music with no copyright infringement because the rights to it are open. Are we allowed to use this?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.751667,-88.144625

Kahlua
11-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Sam
YouTube has an audio feature that allows us to use the music with no copyright infringement because the rights to it are open. Are we allowed to use this?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.751667,-88.144625

Yes but that's under the rights of entertainment and personal use only. As this is for a contest and money (although it's game money, it still counts) will be awarded to the winners, you cannot use copyrighted music.

Samhayne
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Yes but that's under the rights of entertainment and personal use only. As this is for a contest and money (although it's game money, it still counts) will be awarded to the winners, you cannot use copyrighted music.

Kahula is correct. If you have music under your video, you will need to document how you are the copyright holder or how you know you have the rights to it (so that you can pass those rights on to us, as per the submission agreement).

SilentCat
11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Ok, now i'm actually really sad. No orange antennas for me because i'm leaving soon

Samhayne, can you at least grant us the antennas or something else..

Oh well.. nevermind..

themars
11-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Does this mean other people who didn't submit there video the first deadline can make one for the second deadline?

SilentCat
11-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Does this mean other people who didn't submit there video the first deadline can make one for the second deadline?

Well... I guess...

Slant
11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
ok ill assault your ears with something that ill cobble together in nuendo
can we use copyleft, open source, or public domain music from sites such as http://opsound.org/ or http://www.archive.org/index.php? Nobody owns the rights to the public domain music, and the creative commons music is meant specifically for people to use the music for free in their content but with the right credits, or without credits, according to license for that piece of music
plz tell us we can if we can send you the source of the music so sts can confirm that it is creative commons or public domain music

edit : Ok I get it now, if you use cc stuff you have to redistribute the video with the same license, maybe thats why thats not allowed, not using vo tho, but using in-game music, the file is rendering lol posting it soon.

Acyer
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey guys I'm using my voice on my video. I think simplicity sometimes is better than the wow factor. I could see using music for pvp videos and just playing around videos, but in guides I think a voice is actually better as the player doesn't seem lost when being explained too.

Slant
11-22-2011, 07:58 AM
mine's done. reworked it a bit... still text tho lol vo slowed down the info a lot

http://youtu.be/65MnQAPM8bU

Hans
11-23-2011, 07:48 AM
This is my contribution to the contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIQhEN0OwdE

Watch in HD.

Kalielle
11-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Phew - done just in time before leaving for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb7W5yzEEFw

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Phew - done just in time before leaving for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

Wow! Didn't know you played SL.. never mind entering! hehe:D (Will watch it when I get back from work)

Good Luck guys! Some awesome ones I've seen so far. Hope you all got around to edit the music out before close date. :)

And.. Happy Holidays/Thanksgiving!

Trollee
11-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Nice vid! Wouldn't be surprised if you won this contest as well :P.

As for my own video, with the extended deadline I had time to greatly improve my video.

Here is "Star Legends Tutorial by Trollee (version 2)":

In case anyone is interested, my first attempt at a video is here: Star Legends Tutorial by Trollee (version 1!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE3Wa1v3IMo)

Feedback greatly appreciated!

SpaceCowGirl
11-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Here is "Star Legends Tutorial by Trollee (version 2)":

Great remake Doll! <3 <3 <3 Very imformative and helpful!

As well as all the other submits. I propose to STS that all submits get a participation award for their time and great effort into their videos ^_^!
Great job guys, love em! <3

-SCG

Trollee
11-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Great remake Doll! <3 <3 <3 Very imformative and helpful!

As well as all the other submits. I propose to STS that all submits get a participation award for their time and great effort into their videos ^_^!
Great job guys, love em! <3

-SCG

Thanks SCG!!!

Btw every valid entry receives orange antenna which is like the "participation award" I guess.

Thanks for the feedback =]

Kalielle
11-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Nice vid! Wouldn't be surprised if you won this contest as well :P.

And I wouldn't be surprised if *you* won't it! :) Truly excellent video, and your framerate was much less laggy than mine.

Hans
11-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey Guys!

Itīs indifferent who wins this contest, you all made great videoguides! :watermelon:
All of you have merited a Antenna!

See ya ingame - Hans

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Also, if you havent seen this thread already, this has all previous entries all in one place (Great to watch)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42714-Star-Legends-New-Player-Guide-Submissions

Challa
11-25-2011, 02:29 PM
I wasn't happy with my previous video, so I made an entirely new one:

Contains more info than my previous entry.

Zeus
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
My UPDATED Entry! Watch it in 1080P please! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM-PuOfQoQ

Beanmachine
11-26-2011, 03:28 AM
What program do you guys use to record this? I tried Debut and Screenium but my screen is always blacked out:(
Some help please?

Barrington
11-26-2011, 03:30 AM
What program do you guys use to record this? I tried Debut and Screenium but my screen is always blacked out:(
Some help please?

try either Fraps or Camstudio - there both free

Beanmachine
11-26-2011, 03:38 AM
try either Fraps or Camstudio - there both free

Thank you! Will do:)

Ouch, are these windows only programs?

Hans
11-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Some help please?

Use Camtasia Studio 7 !

With this free programm you can record your desktop in a very good quality.

Beanmachine
11-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Just found out today about this contest lol, luckily it's a holiday for me so I spent my whole day on this:/
I know some things may be rusty, so I apologize in advance, I'm not very good at explaining things:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLe2ZTek14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLe2ZTek14

BodMaster
11-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Just found out today about this contest lol, luckily it's a holiday for me so I spent my whole day on this:/
I know some things may be rusty, so I apologize in advance, I'm not very good at explaining things:P

For a first attempt that was pretty good, there are a few things that I would like to point out if thats okay,

Your Voice was pretty low, hard to understand what you were saying, and the music was louder than your voice (Had to turn my volume to 100% and still could not make out what you were saying at parts). Pretty basic information, did not include as much as possible from what's required/suggested in the OP. If you are just looking for the vanity then fair enough but if you want a shot at winning I would edit and script what you have said in your previous submission and make sure that you are talking very clear and precise.

I do disagree whole heartedly that what you said about the Premium char, to be able to get the best gear at such an early level helps massively! I have known players to get up to 25-30 with just this gear alone (excluding the weapons and extra armour at certain levels. 11 Auction slots, extra inventory slots and a load of stim n pp's and a little credit to get you started is very generous at the price STS have it on offer.

Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Slant
11-26-2011, 01:30 PM
@trollee... liked urs the best so far, the voice is very clear this time around, no clipping even and you have covered everything with just the right amount of depth to give new players a real head-start... good work
but but your old video also had a unique charm

Beanmachine
11-26-2011, 03:15 PM
For a first attempt that was pretty good, there are a few things that I would like to point out if thats okay,

Your Voice was pretty low, hard to understand what you were saying, and the music was louder than your voice (Had to turn my volume to 100% and still could not make out what you were saying at parts). Pretty basic information, did not include as much as possible from what's required/suggested in the OP. If you are just looking for the vanity then fair enough but if you want a shot at winning I would edit and script what you have said in your previous submission and make sure that you are talking very clear and precise.

I do disagree whole heartedly that what you said about the Premium char, to be able to get the best gear at such an early level helps massively! I have known players to get up to 25-30 with just this gear alone (excluding the weapons and extra armour at certain levels. 11 Auction slots, extra inventory slots and a load of stim n pp's and a little credit to get you started is very generous at the price STS have it on offer.

Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Thanks, I kinda rushed it, mainly for the vanity (shhh I only have one vanity in SL so far...)
I did forget about the other benefits for an elite character which I do enjoy, just that the armor does not satisfy me after lv10:/
Do you think I could edit mine and send it again? I'll lower the volume by a lot to make sure people can hear.
Thank you for the constructive feedback :D

EDIT: Do you think there's enough information for it to qualify? I made sure to include every topic they asked for but might has missed out on one...

BodMaster
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks, I kinda rushed it, mainly for the vanity (shhh I only have one vanity in SL so far...)
I did forget about the other benefits for an elite character which I do enjoy, just that the armor does not satisfy me after lv10:/
Do you think I could edit mine and send it again? I'll lower the volume by a lot to make sure people can hear.
Thank you for the constructive feedback :D

EDIT: Do you think there's enough information for it to qualify? I made sure to include every topic they asked for but might has missed out on one...

No problem, glad you are willing to listen, wasn't to sure how you would take it :) (Great quality, and gets you far in life)

So I re-watched, and to be fair the first time around I skipped bits because I could not hear you clearly, my bad. But as far as im aware I didnt see any parts within it that mentioned how you;

Needed!
Move (Virtual Joystick)
Auto Shot (Lower right icon)
Turn the camera (swipe on screen from left to right or vice versa)
Use skills (press on the skills to the lower right of the screen)
Interact with doors and such (Tap on the screen where the little green icons are shown)

Additional tips (No room, no problem)
Guilds, Guild chat, Guild halls. (Officer chat as an addition)
Recover items (that you have sold by accident)
Change target (by simply pressing on the target that you want to shoot at)
Customize your options (Though in OP helps new players alot)
If you have time a quick preview of your main, to show of how cool you can become and the higher level gear.
Access to nexus, and features within, FORUMS :p support and what not, not heard much about how the Devs listen to feedback and consider implementing the idea's, how they throw annual fun events, in which you can acquire 'Holiday' items etc :)

You need to explain it as you would be using a phone or handheld device*

(If some of the above was added I apologise as I couldn't hear the whole thing :(

Like that you added the pre-set haven't seen much of that being used.

Last bit of advise, is try not use words like "random *stuff*" 'stuff or thing' takes just as long to explain what it is e.g. Random 'Stuff' on character creation (Random customization, Random option),or another, "see that thing up there" (See that blue icon below the levelling bar, or See the blue icon to the top left of the screen.

Re-submitting

If you want to work on the above, (especially scripting) and submit another within the time limit that is fine buddy. Send the next to the fun email as stated in OP and make sure you rename it Version 2 :)

Beanmachine
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
WOW! Thank you so much for that. I have already edited my old video and lowered the volume and will take a few more clips.
The reason I forgot quite a lot was because I was using the Chrome version and I'm not very familiar with it. I do have SL on my ITouch but I have nothing to record it with.

I think I might totally revamp my video. I wasted quite a lot of time running back and forth. And scripting...I will try my best:)

Yeah, sorry for the bad explanation (stuff, thing etc.) I will definitely remake it, and include what you have put on needed and if I have time I will script and edit it more.

BodMaster
11-26-2011, 09:41 PM
WOW! Thank you so much for that. I have already edited my old video and lowered the volume and will take a few more clips.
The reason I forgot quite a lot was because I was using the Chrome version and I'm not very familiar with it. I do have SL on my ITouch but I have nothing to record it with.

I think I might totally revamp my video. I wasted quite a lot of time running back and forth. And scripting...I will try my best:)

Yeah, sorry for the bad explanation (stuff, thing etc.) I will definitely remake it, and include what you have put on needed and if I have time I will script and edit it more.

Not a problem, hope you found the advise helpful :) I'd rather you had a fighting chance than just making the submission ;)

Great, look forward to seeing the re-vamped version now buddy :D

Zeus
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Not a problem, hope you found the advise helpful :) I'd rather you had a fighting chance than just making the submission ;)

Great, look forward to seeing the re-vamped version now buddy :D

Bod, you mind doing me a favor and reviewing mine too? :D

BodMaster
11-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Bod, you mind doing me a favor and reviewing mine too? :D

No problem buddy :) will edit after I have watched your newly submitted version ;)

Is it this one?

Zeus
11-26-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWmuf7BqJA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Nah, here is it!

BodMaster
11-26-2011, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZWmuf7BqJA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Nah, here is it!

Wow, not much I can add to that buddy, you've done an amazing job re-vamping your vid, compared to your first submitted. A blast of information just enough to not confuse people, and the difference within your voice and umm n ahh's totally been removed!

Only thing that I can possibly comment on is the intro explaining who STS are etc, seems to be a tad low maybe hard to hear without the volume up high. Though after that very clear and precise, improved after every edit.

Other than that, Great job buddy!

Zeus
11-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow, not much I can add to that buddy, you've done an amazing job re-vamping your vid, compared to your first submitted. A blast of information just enough to not confuse people, and the difference within your voice and umm n ahh's totally been removed!

Only thing that I can possibly comment on is the intro explaining who STS are etc, seems to be a tad low maybe hard to hear without the volume up high. Though after that very clear and precise, improved after every edit.

Other than that, Great job buddy!

So you think it's competition with Trollee's? I want that R.I.V.E.T because there is noway I'm buying it for 500 plat! Hehe :)

ETA: Okay, thanks for the advise about the intro! I'll duck it some more to make it clearer, perhaps redo a voiceover for that section and duck the soundtrack a bit. Thanks, bud! :)

Trollee
11-26-2011, 11:57 PM
@trollee... liked urs the best so far, the voice is very clear this time around, no clipping even and you have covered everything with just the right amount of depth to give new players a real head-start... good work
but but your old video also had a unique charm

Thanks a lot!
Is it the song?? Lol, both clips have a song made in GarageBand. The difference is that in my first video the soundtrack is just one built in melody repeated over and over. And in my second video I "composed" (not sure if that is the right word) the soundtrack by compiling different tracks and melodies together.
Thanks for your feedback =D

Beanmachine
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Finally I re-vamped my original vid
The Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger tutorial presented to you by Beanmachine
*Drum Roll*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcJxMOfm98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJcJxMOfm98

Ihavenokills
11-28-2011, 04:35 PM
how in the world do u get in game footage on a device? you can have this game on a comp??? :confused:

Zeus
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
how in the world do u get in game footage on a device? you can have this game on a comp??? :confused:

Yep, via account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends on a Google Chrome browser. Make sure to have your Google Chrome updated to the latest OS.

Samhayne
11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
This contest has ended!

Congratulations to Challa on Winning!

--------------------------------

For the contest conclusion announcement, please see this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44069-Announcing-the-Winner-to-the-Star-Legends-Player-Video-Guide-Contest-Challa!&p=497215#post497215

BodMaster
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Congratulations Challa!! Version 2 was awesome!

Great job to all who participated it has been fun being a 'video' critic while it lasted! ;)

Kalielle
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks to BodMaster and the other forum members who gave us their encouragement and critiques! :)

BodMaster
12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks to BodMaster and the other forum members who gave us their encouragement and critiques! :)

Thanks Kal, had alot of fun seeing a not so good video, turned into an amazing vid, with all the hard work put into the newer versions.

All entries were very helpful, and I'm sure you guys had fun and learnt alot along the way, never know maybe found a new skill or two that you never knew about along the way :)

Kanozaki
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
bod surprised you aren't a SG yet.

Driebab
12-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Heiii
There is my name --> Driebab
in 3.27
Awww nice. Im in the video. :D
lol

Challa
12-03-2011, 05:40 AM