PDA

View Full Version : Job system, skill tree, optimized graphics for ipad, ...

gSnippy
07-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Hey folks,

First post on this forum, it's been like 2 weeks that I am addicted to PL (iPad). Really great game. Altough I am missing really essential stuff for MMORPGs.

Here is my list of suggestions:

- Open dungeons with randomly spawning mobs and bosses

- Job system: People can upgrade their class at a specific lvl.. (example: mage becomes wizard)

- More classes: We absolutely need more classes.. Think about a blacksmith with the ability of upgrading items.. ofcourse the blacksmith would need a specific skill at a high level (low level = high chance of bruising the sword or breaking whatever item, rendering it unusable) plus a set of needed items (ores?)
I can think of many classes that you guys could add, priest, rogue alchemist, blacksmith, monk, ...

- Skilltree system.. enables more skills at a certain skill lvl..

- Items with added abilities: ex. Blessed gloves/mittens +2 INT (Randomly heal user with a small amount of HP when casting spells) Class locked.

- PVP: What about something similar to Ragnarok Online's War of Emperium? (http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/game/warofemperium.asp)
Some of you may have or still are playing Ragnarok Online, this cute little game really shows how to balance MMORPGs, with a very elaborated job and skill system. Despite the lack of real quests, the game is addicting FUN especially for guilds and teamplayers.

Oh one more thing, what about a client optimized for the iPad (except the scaling, everything is the same as the iPhone client)? Are the DEVs planning on optimizing performance and graphics for the iPad? You could create a client that recognizes on what devices it's running on and decrease or increase the geometry detail accordingly, that'll be best way I think.

Alright, that's about it.. Sorry for the very short suggestions, being at work and in a rush.. :cool:

Greetings,
Glenn

Rebel
07-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I agree with all of your suggestions except for randomly spawning mobs and an upgrading system for your class. I like the job idea of a blacksmith, enchanter, alchemist, etc... I have also been suggesting a skill tree for a LONG period of time. Instead of the upgrading system that you suggested, I was thinking more along the lines of: 2(or)3 branched skill tree. The path that you choose more or less upgrades your class into a skill branch path. This would allow greater customization. As for the pvp of Ragnarok online. I haven't ever played this game, but yes, pvp does need some balancing in PL. Altogether, some great suggestions! A couple that REALLY need to be implented into the game. ***hint hint skill trees***

bmc85uk
07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh skill trees, they'd fit so perfectly in PL....

gSnippy
07-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I hope they'll be implemented sooooon... (skilltrees). Oh well, it's heading in the right direction with this week's update! :)

I guess the "open" dungeons would be better if the game was more like Ragnarok, no instances at all, the whole map and dungeons accessible for everyone at the same time. I loved this idea but I guess this would not be possible in PL, and likely not the goal of the game, mobility and fast game access! :)