PDA

View Full Version : Why dishonesty is complete crap - Uber scammed

Addihul
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I just found out this morning I was deliberately screwed out of a 200k item.

I'm a generally trusting person and don't consider myself naieve. I had a Djinn Sword of Osiris drop for me the other day. I'd never seen it before but instantly figured it to be only a semi rare item as the stats showed it only to be a crit/dodge item.

One of the Pyramid map members quickly hit me up and said hey I have 2 Isis staffs and I'm trying to widen my sale portfolio so cool to do a trade? I responded that I didn't know if it was a fair trade I'd have to get a price check first. He was like nah don't worry it's comparible I'm sure. I had been playing with the guy for a few maps and he seemed alright so I didn't think twice. I was thinking a no-name Osiris item with Horus based stats would be a decent trade with an Isis item. Epic fail.

So I login today and find someone selling it for 200k. I feel like a complete tool. Totally taken advantage of.

This message isn't a pity party, or even wow Addi you should be more careful... It's an attempt to educate those who would be kind hearted and trusting. The half truth kiddies out there I guess live in PL as well. Dishonesty is just complete crap. For those of you scamming, I hope you get yours. For those of you thinking of trusting anybody, get verification before trading or selling items.

Avadonna
07-05-2010, 08:16 AM
You aren't a tool. Your gut was not fooled by the guy. It was telling you to get a price check first. You didn't stick with your gut instinct.

You are right though. There are people out there who will try to take advantage whenever, where ever and with whomever they can.

bmc85uk
07-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Don't worry, it's only worth that because of a glitch, it'll get fixed soon enough and be back to a standard value, just a shame you couldn't have ripped off some impatient kid who was desperate to have a glitchy item for a couple of weeks :-p

jonboy
07-05-2010, 09:04 AM
As bmc said, your karma is saved.

tjornan
07-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Dont worry, the sword WILL be fixed and HE will be screwed. Ha. He might even lose it. Look what happened to lones sword

Banned
07-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Dont worry, the sword WILL be fixed and HE will be screwed. Ha. He might even lose it. Look what happened to lones sword

Lone traded his sword...

Violentsaint
07-05-2010, 10:15 AM
hehe, i give pinks away for free, does that mean im taken advantage of?

tjornan
07-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Oops. Hvent checked the forums lately.... I read the thread about res claiming the devs stole his sword sooo.... To be honest do u know this fo sure? Cuz he was using the "sob" emote about the sword, and i said "why u crying over a sword?" and he got mad and booted me and unfriended me... Talk about an over reaction.... And violent ur not being taken advantage of..... So can i hve a pink or 2 :)

Banned
07-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Oops. Hvent checked the forums lately.... I read the thread about res claiming the devs stole his sword sooo.... To be honest do u know this fo sure? Cuz he was using the "sob" emote about the sword, and i said "why u crying over a sword?" and he got mad and booted me and unfriended me... Talk about an over reaction....

Yes, I'm sure. The devs said he traded it to another player.

Addihul
07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I have to remind myself getting ticked over non tangible items in a video game is ridiculous. The problem wasn't that it would break and suck again, it's that he/she most likely resold it immediately and pocketed the cash. Oh well what's done is done.

jonboy
07-05-2010, 05:47 PM
and nerfed in this update as predicted.

Kingofthebear
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd have to get a price check first. He was like nah don't worry it's comparible I'm sure.

You weren't scammed. You just decided to pick a price for your item without doing ANY research, even though you thought it was a smart thing to do.

tjornan
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Well if something or someone gets me mad on the game, and i f the waves r good, ill go down and surf for a few hours. When i get home im too beat to care about anything

Addihul
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
You weren't scammed. You just decided to pick a price for your item without doing ANY research, even though you thought it was a smart thing to do.
Huh? This was a dictionary definition of in game scamming. The guy knew the price but deceived me and got his item. Was I not smart for trusting him? Sure maybe so but who's more to blame, the guy who trusted or the guy who was laughing that the truster had no idea?

flaimdude
07-06-2010, 09:24 AM
The only reason it's worth so much right now is cause it's a 2h you can hold in one hand. Once they fix that, it's pretty much crap. :) So don't worry about it, he'll get his just desserts. (also, wtf is with that saying, lol)

jonboy
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Its "get just desert"
As deserts can mean a dry place, but it also has a older usage referring to a deserved reward or punishment. The desert as a dry and dusty place is pronounced with the accent on the first syllable, compared to dessert (the yummy stuff) that has the accent on the second syllable. If you spell it "desert" but pronounce it like "dessert" then you got the right word.