PDA

View Full Version : Xmas suggestion

Lowlyspy
10-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Since they have now seen the blind fury the players can show when they are severely unhappy i'm certain the devs are working their tails off making new xmas gear to prevent thousands of fans from breaking down their doors. I have heard from many many people that they do not want the snowman hat from last year coming back, and i agree with them (no i do not have the snowman hat), that was meant to be an exclusive vanity for players that were there at the time so i have my own suggestion that can please everybody and it involves our shiny new vanity pet slot.

I figured there could be 2 pets for the holiday season, one obtainable via a quest and one purchased with plat (kinda like the vanity antlers last year). The quest pet could be something really simple like a floating snowflake or a baby deer, something easily recognizeable as an xmas vanity. Then the plat pet could be something a bit more extravagent, but not too much so, maybe a group of snowflakes that would move around similar to the bats or a full grown deer with antlers.

Questions, comments, concerns?

Lowlyspy
10-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Hmm, guess the nighttime forumers dont have anything to say about it. Wonder what the daytime forumers think.

Barrington
10-25-2011, 09:14 AM
good ideas

i think all new drops to stop complaints
a new vanity or maybe a recolored scarf on the snowman helm
vanity pets would be excellent as a quest reward / how about raining snow flakes around you
could have a flashing red nose as a vanity

drewcapu
10-25-2011, 09:20 AM
I have a feeling this year's Winter Fest will basically be the same thing, same quests, same drops, unless they do another client update (unlikely).

The snowman helm will probably change (just like the pumpkin helm changed).

Not sure how much change there will be in the item packs. I didn't like that there was only a red and green hat for 3 classes. I was hoping maybe the third hat could've been blue or something.

A lot of people would be happy if the peppermint pounder came back for the item packs.

As someone who has around 140 pinks from WF last year (including a complete set for all levels 10-50), I wouldn't mind the recycling of last year's WF items. They are good items with good stats. But, if they could somehow come out with similar items for this year, same stats, but a different look, even better.

As for pets, I don't think they'll ever give out pets as a quest reward :)

Sorry I didn't reply last night. I actually slept early for once!

TheSnowman
10-25-2011, 09:40 AM
I would also like to see some now items come the Christmas event but I don't see it happening judging on the Halloween event. The snowman hat will probably come back with a bit of a twist on it like snowflakes or something like that just like the twist on the pumpkin helm this year. They'll probably have the Christmas platinum packs from last year but with different items perhaps 4 new vanities with a random chance of getting one like at the Halloween event. Also I think it's highly likely that there will be an Christmas pet but only for platinum. As good as it would be to get pets from drops or quests i personally do not see it happening just like the way rings were never available this way, though I hope STS proves me wrong.

Elyseon
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Pl said they were probably gonna make new items for christmas

Uepauke
10-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Candy canes ftw?
Snow flakes would be cool
My elf needs an elf hat...

SeveredBird
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
nice

Xyzther
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Hmm, guess the nighttime forumers dont have anything to say about it. Wonder what the daytime forumers think.

I think that sts won't make new items, no new halloween so why make new xmas?

RBeltran
10-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Vanity Helmet - Mistletoe

Getting ready to kiss the ladies :p

Siejo
10-26-2011, 12:07 AM
I loved the holiday event!!! Looking forward to it again ^_^

Matutd
10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Cool pet idea....

Wait for it...

AN ELF!!!!!!
nuff said :)

Siejo
10-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Can we pick one of these Elves?
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/jrs9290/Pocket%20Legends/santaclawsworkshop.jpg

Barrington
10-26-2011, 04:04 AM
just thought of another pet a pile of boxes following you around and when you get waved at you get a box to follow you around/ something similar to the hats