PDA

View Full Version : The new implants

Xaphan Fox
10-25-2011, 06:46 AM
So... which of the new implants you all messing with?

Can't decide between armor dodge or the increased dps/max/min hit implant.

Any thoughts?

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 07:21 AM
The increased dps sounds like a good one to me. Would in my opinion be better than armor dodge because dps is more useful because you need to kill enemies. I have never used implants, but I suggest the dps one

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 08:36 AM
My vote is for the dodge implant if you've already got the platinum armor.

A maxed-out platinum engineer can dodge at 34% before stats.

If you went with non-platinum armor, the +DAM implant is nice. It boosts your heals.

LelouchX
10-28-2011, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't use my creds, let alone my plat, to buy an armor implant. It's not going to decrease the damage you take nearly as much as the damage implant will increase you damage output on heals, attack skills, and auto attack. I personally like always stick with damage implants bc i'm a tanking engi, and i loves me some aggro, but i think that dodge or crit are good choices as well.

Hullukko
10-30-2011, 04:07 AM
For a 35 and up, there's only one reasonable choice for an engineer: Condor Eye
For those below it's the Eagle Eye.

Extra damage boosts your weapon damage, skill damage and skill healing power. Armor and dodge implants are for those not particularly interested in numbers nor being effective and useful but rather only worry about their own sorry arses. Sorry to put it so blunt, but not saying it wouldn't make it any less so.

Gazroast
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM
what you talkin bout willis??

I don't see any new implants??

Trollee
10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
what you talkin bout willis??

I don't see any new implants??

Platinum store.

I looked at the implant creator first and was devastated when I found I had to pay 15 plat for a new implant. D:

Teddyache
11-01-2011, 06:15 AM
I hit level 35 two days ago, bought the 15 Plat damage implant and used it last night for the first time. We got through shipyards boss level twice before I had to go and it seemed much easier than when I was running it at a lower level with the +5 dodge implant. Granted, the higher int helped but i noticed the damage and improved heals. If you buy Plat armor, then I understand why the +7 dodge looks attractive, but I personally don't think the Plat armor is worth the money. More to follow on the armor situation in another thread but I don't have complete info yet unfortunately.

LelouchX
11-01-2011, 10:34 AM

Extra damage boosts your weapon damage, skill damage and skill healing power. Armor and dodge implants are for those not particularly interested in numbers nor being effective and useful but rather only worry about their own sorry arses. Sorry to put it so blunt, but not saying it wouldn't make it any less so.
Well said as usual. I feel the same, use other implants i mentioned above on other toons.

@teddy, gratz, just 49k to go now! i'm staying away from plat gear in general until PvP, bc as expansions come, i'll be growoing out of them and they don't seem to be useful long enough for the price

Fac3bon3s
11-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Platinum store.

I looked at the implant creator first and was devastated when I found I had to pay 15 plat for a new implant. D:

It's funny with every new update they add something else you need plat for.

krazii
11-01-2011, 09:27 PM

Can't agree with ya on this one. I prefer the armor implant, it suits my play style better and helps me stay alive longer so my party stays alive. It really boils down to your playstyle. What I really like about your post Hullukko is your Location: "Quit PL due to GCD", love it and couldn't agree more. I still played PL for awhile after GCD, but it totally ruined the game for me. I wish in SL they'd get rid of the whole two screen skill thing, it's such an unecessary pain in the you know what to have to switch skill menus, blah.

LelouchX
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Can't agree with ya on this one. I prefer the armor implant, it suits my play style better and helps me stay alive longer so my party stays alive. It really boils down to your playstyle. What I really like about your post Hullukko is your Location: "Quit PL due to GCD", love it and couldn't agree more. I still played PL for awhile after GCD, but it totally ruined the game for me. I wish in SL they'd get rid of the whole two screen skill thing, it's such an unecessary pain in the you know what to have to switch skill menus, blah.
A couple points:
-I'm an engi, and i tank with it (my way of "dual speccing" per say in SL). If you use a shield and a pistol, which in my experience has always been better overall than any engi glove, the extra defense from the implant hasn't proved to be necessary or benefit me holding aggro/increasing damage like the damage implant has. even if you are not a "tanking engi" like me, you can use a shield and pistol and maybe get a dodge implant, which i feel would benefit more than a defense one. Feel free to check my engi build in sig to see my play style.
-Secondly, i have to disagree with you on the 2 slots thing. One of the things about PL that i didn't like is that i could have every skill and basically max them out and use them all one after another. Sure it seems great, but gets a little old. With the ability to only use 8 skills, everyone has to look and think about what best suits them and their play style. Also, just the placement of the certain skills next to others in the slots can allow one person can become much more effective than another with the same skill set arranged differently (again, check my build for references). I switch on xp runs in SY once or twice between slots, and on SY5, probably once or twice in a large mob. I know others that are constantly switching, but idk how often you have to. My main point is that only allowing 8 skills, and having them split into 2 slots adds a level of challenge that i enjoy and wasn't in PL while i played.

Hope this was helpful