PDA

View Full Version : Auto Shoot Button Options

FluffNStuff
10-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Currently the button is a toggle, so if you are not shooting, clicking it shoots, and if you are shooting, clicking it makes you stop. Also, if you get 'bumped' out of range, you automatically stop, and of course it stops when you kill your target. The issue is it stops a lot, which is fine, but I lose track of it quite a bit, so many times when I am clicking it to shoot, I am actually clicking it to stop. I also do not see any 'reason' to stop shooting, as you keep the same target, so here are some possible suggestions:
1) Make the button 'start' only, so if you are shooting and you click it, it does nothing. (User selectable option)
2) Make the 'stop' button a change target button. This would actually make it useful. (User selectable option)
3) Increase the range that stops your auto-shooting, which would be a good thing either way.

Not a sermon, just a thought :)

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 11:49 AM
It's just another thing that seperates the good from the bad, the skilled from the unskilled. I like how I had to work on when, how, and where to auto attack.

I see where you're coming from but some of your solutions would just lead to people constantly mashing the auto button with very little skill required. Not everything should be handed to us in the easiest form, IMO..

I LIKE how I have to keep an eye on the auto button to make sure I'm constantly targeting someone and doing constant damage, and I feel like I'm pretty good at it, and it's little things like this, especially for archers/operatives, that seperate the good from the bad like I said. The game would lack that whole element if I could just mash the auto attack every 10 seconds to ensure I'm doing damage.

That is my opinion on it anyway. And even if it was a selectable function, that ruins the point of trying to get better at it, since it will require no skill to put out constant weapon damage for the ones that don't care to improve and just mash. Not saying you're one of those people either.

FluffNStuff
10-25-2011, 11:53 AM
It's just another thing that seperates the good from the bad, the skilled from the unskilled. I like how I had to work on when, how, and where to auto attack.

I see where you're coming from but some of your solutions would just lead to people constantly mashing the auto button with very little skill required. Not everything should be handed to us in the easiest form, IMO..

I LIKE how I have to keep an eye on the auto button to make sure I'm constantly targeting someone and doing constant damage, and I feel like I'm pretty good at it, and it's little things like this, especially for archers/operatives, that seperate the good from the bad like I said. The game would lack that whole element if I could just mash the auto attack every 10 seconds to ensure I'm doing damage.

That is my opinion on it anyway. And even if it was a selectable function, that ruins the point of trying to get better at it, since it will require no skill to put out constant weapon damage for the ones that don't care to improve and just mash. Not saying you're one of those people either.

All good points, and I agree that it takes skill. I guess the biggest problem is the small distance that turns it off, as that just kinda bugs me. Also, if 'off' would switch targets, that would take some skill to master, and it could really up your game as an OP.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 12:12 PM
+1 for hearing me out and being subjective. I agree with your reply fully, I think the target system is pretty short. Although sometimes I'll find myself shooting away only to realize I'm targeting a mob I left in the last room for my group to finish off and they never did, lol. I think we can both agree that it could use some refinement.

FluffNStuff
10-25-2011, 01:43 PM
+1 for hearing me out and being subjective. I agree with your reply fully, I think the target system is pretty short. Although sometimes I'll find myself shooting away only to realize I'm targeting a mob I left in the last room for my group to finish off and they never did, lol. I think we can both agree that it could use some refinement.

That situation (and others where you get locked on to a target you are moving away from) is a good example why 'stop shoot' should reset the target. That used to happen the most in Numa when there were certain areas you wanted to pass with the group, but then come back to. Currently, if you click shoot it will just keep turning it self off because your are too far, or you can click yourself to reset, or a mob to target. I have found issues though with clicking on mobs or even myself taking a few tries to get it to untarget. A dedicated 'switch target' button would be ideal, but it just does not seem practical to use extra real estate for it.

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 06:13 AM

That situation (and others where you get locked on to a target you are moving away from) is a good example why 'stop shoot' should reset the target. That used to happen the most in Numa when there were certain areas you wanted to pass with the group, but then come back to. Currently, if you click shoot it will just keep turning it self off because your are too far, or you can click yourself to reset, or a mob to target. I have found issues though with clicking on mobs or even myself taking a few tries to get it to untarget. A dedicated 'switch target' button would be ideal, but it just does not seem practical to use extra real estate for it.

Sorry about the Bump, but its needed.

Great suggestion +1

This is very annoying, seems to keep the line of target (keep it on from options :p) on a mob that was in a room before the one im in, it kinda keeps turning toward the previous room, and not targeting the mobs infront unless you click on any particular mob.