PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends now on Chrome!

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
to get star legends make a free google account

then go to the chrome web store in your browser. you need to update version.

once updated search in store Star Legends Beta. click it and add to chrome

make sure you are signed in

Kakatoa91
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Oh already?

We can play now on chrome 0_o..

Kahlua
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
wooooo good find! Installing now!

EDIT: omg it's awesome. I cant wait to finally be able to take pictures.

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Woop! been waiting for this! Devs will prob make an announcement soon :D

MimeRifle
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Unemployment, here I come! Lol!

Kahlua
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
If anyone figures out any shortcut keys, post them here.

Right now the only way I can see how to turn the camera is with the Q and E keys...and thats on my laptop without my mouse.

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Hmm... I'm stuck on the loading screen at 99%. Anyone else have trouble getting in?

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Hmm... I'm stuck on the loading screen at 99%. Anyone else have trouble getting in?

Same happened to me with Gun Bros, though I just went off and back on and worked fine :)

Elyseon
10-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Is pl on chome yet?

Rolocoaster
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
when i go to add game to google chrome and press on add it does nothing why?

Kahlua
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Mine loaded in like 2 seconds. Its so much faster than my phone.

btw on my macbook pro, # buttons 1-4 do your skills 1-4 on the first page...but not on the second. Even on the second page, they still do the first 4 skills only =[ Anyone know how to change the key layout for chrome?

EDIT:

Space button is shoot.
WASD keyboard for movement
Q-E for rotating camera
Hitting enter at the game window sent me back to the log in page, but hitting enter after typing out text sent the message.

Samhayne
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey guys,

Some things to keep in mind when going to play Star Legends on Chrome.

1) You need the RELEASE version of Chrome 15. If you previously had the BETA version of Chrome 15, you will need to install the RELEASE version of Chrome 15. Get it from http://www.google.com/chrome

2) There can be a LONG load time when you FIRST run the game. Give it some time (like 15 minutes or more, depending on the machine you are trying to play on). You can always close the browser and re-open and the downloading & patching procedure will pick right back up.

Keyboard commands are built in.

WASD to move
Spacebar to auto attack
1-8 number keys to fire off your different attacks.

Have fun!

Rolocoaster
10-25-2011, 12:49 PM
i updated my chrome and now its working :)

Kahlua
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey guys,

1) You need the RELEASE version of Chrome 15. If you previously had the BETA version of Chrome 15, you will need to install the RELEASE version of Chrome 15. Get it from http://www.google.com/chrome

2) There can be a LONG load time when you FIRST run the game. Give it some time (like 15 minutes or more, depending on the machine you are trying to play on). You can always close the browser and re-open and the downloading & patching procedure will pick right back up.

WASD to move
Spacebar to auto attack

Have fun!
buttons 5-8 do not fire off skills for me, only 1-4 =\

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey guys,

WASD to move
Spacebar to auto attack

Have fun!

I switched from Beta to Released, and I reinstalled SL. I'm still stuck at 99%, and waiting isn't doing anything.

Redbridge
10-25-2011, 01:08 PM

Same... q=('-')=p

Tried installing other apps all fine but nothing happens when i press the "+ ADD TO CHROME" button.

Is it regional, I'm UK. Any ideas?

EDIT: Will update to version 15.... fingers crossed.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
I've been sitting at 99% for about 10 mins on my laptop and desktop, both have been close down and restarted once, lol.. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

:D

krazii
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Also, pressing "R" switches your skill screen. 5-8 do not work for me either!

Flip
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
I'll be getting together a "Known Issues" post for SL Chrome this afternoon. The Chrome client is currently beta, so expect to run into some issues. Thanks for reporting your findings, trailblazers!

Redbridge
10-25-2011, 01:22 PM
yep - im in... clearly wrong versions of chrome... lets go drive this thing...

krazii
10-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll be getting together a "Known Issues" post for SL Chrome this afternoon.

Does this mean your not going to skip your lunch to work on SL fixes???

Shame on you :P

j/k

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I'll be getting together a "Known Issues" post for SL Chrome this afternoon.

::Sends Flip an E-Beer::

Guys and Gals,

If something doesn't work on your browser, you need to let people know what OS and Chrome version you're running. It will help us broken-chromers get things working.

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
buttons 5-8 do not fire off skills for me, only 1-4 =\

Same, so far im using 'R' to switch skill tree.

ninjaduck
10-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Same... q=('-')=p

Tried installing other apps all fine but nothing happens when i press the "+ ADD TO CHROME" button.

Is it regional, I'm UK. Any ideas?

EDIT: Will update to version 15.... fingers crossed. Im also UK and i get thr same response :(((

Fac3bon3s
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I am running windows 7 starter on a small notebook. I updated Chrome through the link that Sam had provided.
I'm just wondering if upon first opening the app, if a bar should pop up with loading info or a giant SL logo is what I should see until loading begins?

At the moment all I can see is a page with a giant SL logo.

nazgulking
10-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I was just playing from my PC with the Chrome App. IT...IS...AWESOME!
Great job guys!

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I am running windows 7 starter on a small notebook. I updated Chrome through the link that Sam had provided.
I'm just wondering if upon first opening the app, if a bar should pop up with loading info or a giant SL logo is what I should see until loading begins?

At the moment all I can see is a page with a giant SL logo.

Same, just a big SL, with 99% for half an hour now. I have the same version as posted in IB's thread.

NYCFanMan
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooomg

Redbridge
10-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Using MacBook Lion OS 10.7.2
1-4 = to use displayed skills
w = forward (walk away from camera)
s = back (walk towards camera)
a = side step left
d = side step right
q = pan camera left
e = pan right
r = toggle skills
arrow keys (left/right) = toggle targets.
enter/return = enter chat mode
number pad also works for forward, back, step left, step right, pan left and pan right
left clicking mouse seems to work for everything you would normally touch/tap

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Arrow keys would be fantasic to move about

Redbridge
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Arrow keys would be fantasic to move about

I'm using MAC so dont know how it'll work on PC yet. Also arrow keys toggle between targets....nice find.

I'll update above

Rolocoaster
10-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Same, just a big SL, with 99% for half an hour now. I have the same version as posted in IB's thread.
what i did is close chrome and just restart it and it opens tabs you had open and reloads sl and it was at loggin screen , this worked for me after 15 min on 99%

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Using MacBook Lion OS 10.7.2
1-4 = to use displayed skills
w = forward (walk away from camera)
s = back (walk towards camera)
a = side step left
d = side step right
q = pan camera left
e = pan right
r = toggle skills
arrow keys (left/right) = toggle targets.
enter/return = enter chat mode
number pad also works for forward, back, step left, step right, pan left and pan right
left clicking mouse seems to work for everything you would normally touch/tap

Same for PC, (Windows)

Also tip, don't press F5! (Will reset the game back onto loading screen.

Press F11 for full screen :)

Click away on another tab, and it may kick you out as it thinks your not active, like on phone where you open another app.

Fac3bon3s
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I have been stuck on SL logo loading screen for 45 minutes now. No percentages are being shown. Just the loading circle. Spinning and spinning. I have tried all the suggestion so far and nothing has worked.

Running Windows 7 starter 32 bit. ON updated version of Chrome via Sam's link.

PersianLord
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Works Great For me :)

Windows 7 Ultimate

Chrome 15

Adobe Air & Flash Player Installed

Java Update to last version

No Stuck on 99% :)

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 02:47 PM
what i did is close chrome and just restart it and it opens tabs you had open and reloads sl and it was at loggin screen , this worked for me after 15 min on 99%

Done this multiple times now, currently updating Java and flash

PersianLord
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
I have been stuck on SL logo loading screen for 45 minutes now. No percentages are being shown. Just the loading circle. Spinning and spinning. I have tried all the suggestion so far and nothing has worked.

Check my post .

i think if u have do things im done u will be fine .

PersianLord
10-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Done this multiple times now, currently updating Java and flash

Test Adobe Air also helping me in other online games always :)

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Check my post .

i think if u have do things im done u will be fine .

Currently downloading Java, Adobe Air/Flash, and rebooting computer. Will update with findings soon.

Edit: No luck. Still 99%, windows XP, latest google version.

Slant
10-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Non beta latest release of chrome (15.0.874.102 m), on windows xp, stuck on loading at 99% too

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for replying guys! My biggest thread size!

Carth
10-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Still at school....

Hope you guys are enjoying the game on your computer.

Fac3bon3s
10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
So it was working. But now that I have shut down PC and rebooted it is hanging at 99%. When I did open it and run. I seemed to be missing 25% of the screen, top and right side.

I installed Adobe Air. I am not familiar with it though.

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Head up guys, anyone experiencing problems check out the new Chrome Thread,

check out the official 'known issues' thread. Might be worth mentioning if you think its a problem STS need to know about.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40816-Star-Legends-Chrome-Beta-Known-Issues

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Hmmmm not sure about this 99 percent bug. My computer runs it perfectly and I don't have air installed. I only have java and flash.

PersianLord
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
First screen shot .

WoundedEagle
10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Link to Chrome 15 update?

PersianLord
10-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Link to Chrome 15 update?

http://www.google.com/chrome

U can update from chrome menu also . about google chrome ...

Skeletonlord
10-25-2011, 03:41 PM
What Persianlord said just go to about google chrome

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Seems to be working fine on my MacBook. Just a little hard making the change from touchscreen to...um...what key do I hit??!? Arrrgh! Oh...my.... :D

The Oncoming Storm
10-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok so i can log in and stuff and i see me character but then it freezes with a buy platinum thingy idk i unistalled and reinstalled chrome not working still

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Ok so i can log in and stuff and i see me character but then it freezes with a buy platinum thingy idk i unistalled and reinstalled chrome not working still

Take a read of this, maybe some pointers that will help.

A new section has been added for this, can be found on main forum page, under Chrome Beta Tech & Bugs,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40820-Chrome-Installs-Doesn-t-Get-Past-Character-Screen

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Check announcements soon! If unable to locate the App through Google Chrome App Store,

The beta's being moved off of the web store for now - you can get to it directly at
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends

There will be an offical announcement about it shortly.

Ultros
10-25-2011, 05:08 PM
If I type Star Legends Beta in the Chrome Web Store, or just Star Legends, it says did not match any items. I can't even attempt to install it :C

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
If I type Star Legends Beta in the Chrome Web Store, or just Star Legends, it says did not match any items. I can't even attempt to install it :C

Please read above,

Originally Posted by Futumsh
The beta's being moved off of the web store for now - you can get to it directly at
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends

There will be an offical announcement about it shortly.

Samhayne
10-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Details about Chrome can be found at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40841-Chrome-Beta-Not-Currently-Available-via-the-Chrome-Web-Store