PDA

View Full Version : SL Chrome: So Close, yet so Far! (Stuck at 99%)

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I installed SL to my Chrome browser, but the loading screen is stuck at 99%.

Here's my up-to-date version info of my Chrome Beta install.

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Try with the chrome stable channel rather than the beta channel - for some reason as of this morning the beta channel seems to be broken.

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I switched to the "stable" version but still cannot get past 99%.

EDIT: Beta and Stable are both in sync and are running the same revision now. Did Google break something?

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Can you open the javascript console and see what the few lines are when it's doing this?

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Can you open the javascript console and see what the few lines are when it's doing this?

Nifty - didn't know about this. I think this is what you want.

NativeClient: Log message that should show up on the JavaScript console
log.js:8view change: 1024x768
log.js:8load/read complete (file:/deviceid.txt)
log.js:8fetching Client.cfg
log.js:8fetched Client.cfg
log.js:8fetching nacl000.pak
log.js:8fetched nacl000.pak
log.js:8Added searchPak [nacl000.pak]

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Hrm, yeah that's what I wanted to see, but unfortunately isn't telling much. It finished loading and seems to have stopped during initialization.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm having the same issues and have the same version as IB. I'm trying on a laptop and PC, and there seems to be distinguishment between the stable and beta client, as brand new blogs talking about Chrome15 point me to the same download page. I just redownloaded chrome and got the app, so we'll see.

Where do you live IB, if you don't mind me asking?

Isn't it ironic STS and Google had an event for this, yet SL is nowhere to be found on the games page of the App Store unless you search. Fail on Google's part, I think.

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm having the same issues and have the same version as IB. I'm trying on a laptop and PC, and there seems to be distinguishment between the stable and beta client, as brand new blogs talking about Chrome15 point me to the same download page. I just redownloaded chrome and got the app, so we'll see.

Where do you live IB, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in the Austin area.

Hankomachos
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
same here, stuck at 99%. D=

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm in the Austin area.

Ok, I thought it might be a time issue on Google's part. hmmm.. I've been loading for 35 mins or so now.

caniiboy
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM
i have Google Chrome 15.0.874.102

at my Java Script Console:

log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(67) : WARNING fs open error: -7
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(77) : WARNING path (/starlegends/cache) create error: -7
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(77) : WARNING path (/starlegends/cache) create error: -7
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/deviceid.txt) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/config/preferences.xml) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/71100.txt) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl-dataversion.txt) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/pak.cfg) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl001.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl002.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl003.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl004.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl005.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl006.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl007.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl008.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl009.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl010.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl011.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl012.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl013.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl014.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl015.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl016.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl017.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl018.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl019.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl020.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl021.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl022.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl023.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl024.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl025.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl026.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl027.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl028.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl029.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl030.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl031.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl032.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl033.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl034.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl035.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl036.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl037.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl038.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl039.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl040.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl041.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl042.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl043.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl044.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl045.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl046.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl047.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl048.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl049.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl050.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl051.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl052.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl053.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl054.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl055.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl056.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl057.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl058.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl059.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl060.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl061.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl062.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl063.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl064.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl065.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl066.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl067.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl068.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl069.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl070.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl071.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl072.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl073.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl074.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl075.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl076.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl077.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl078.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl079.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl080.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl081.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl082.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl083.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl084.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl085.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl086.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl087.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl088.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl089.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl090.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl091.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl092.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl093.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl094.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl095.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl096.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl097.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl098.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(153) : WARNING load/open error (file:/starlegends/cache/nacl099.pak) error: -2
log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(260) : WARNING put/open error (file:/deviceid.txt, length 36) error: -2

Redbridge
10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
For info only in fine on;
MAC OS Lion 10.7.2
Google Chrome 15.0.874.102

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM
i have Google Chrome 15.0.874.102

at my Java Script Console:

log.js:8engine/shared/library/sharedEngine/src/nacl/file/NaclFileSystem.cpp(67) : WARNING fs open error: -7

Hrm, this is an odd one - it's saying it doesn't have access to write to the local persistent store (but to get to this point, it should mean you've already allowed access to it).

caniiboy
10-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Hrm, this is an odd one - it's saying it doesn't have access to write to the local persistent store (but to get to this point, it should mean you've already allowed access to it).

What can i do ?

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
What can i do ?

Can you check options / under the hood / content settings / cookies, and see how that's set?

WoundedEagle
10-25-2011, 03:28 PM
What about Chrome 16? I am Linux, trouble getting an actual file for 15 that is stable.

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
What about Chrome 16? I am Linux, trouble getting an actual file for 15 that is stable.

16 Dev, is in the same category as Beta i believe, you may have to download V.15, I had the same problem earlier as i was using another kind of Chrome. When I installed 15 it worked fine. If unsure use the Link that Sam has provided,

Originally Posted by Samhayne
Hey guys,

Some things to keep in mind when going to play Star Legends on Chrome.

1) You need the RELEASE version of Chrome 15. If you previously had the BETA version of Chrome 15, you will need to install the RELEASE version of Chrome 15. Get it from http://www.google.com/chrome

2) There can be a LONG load time when you FIRST run the game. Give it some time (like 15 minutes or more, depending on the machine you are trying to play on). You can always close the browser and re-open and the downloading & patching procedure will pick right back up.

Keyboard commands are built in.

WASD to move
Spacebar to auto attack
1-8 number keys to fire off your different attacks.

Have fun!

WoundedEagle
10-25-2011, 03:48 PM
16 Dev, is in the same category as Beta i believe, you may have to download V.15, I had the same problem earlier as i was using another kind of Chrome. When I installed 15 it worked fine. If unsure use the Link that Sam has provided,
Thanks buddy! Got the 15. Still stuck at 99% though :P

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
On mac, it looks like stable, beta, and dev now all work with it. Canary crashes horribly.
I haven't tried them all on windows or linux yet.

WoundedEagle
10-25-2011, 03:50 PM
On mac, it looks like stable, beta, and dev now all work with it. Canary crashes horribly.
I run Linux(I like programming and challenges haha) and it seems to not work. I ran dev, beta, and stable with no avail. Stuck at 99%...

IBNobody
10-25-2011, 03:50 PM
This should help the devs track down this issue.

I had a Win XP SP3 box that I use for testing. It's fairly clean, and it runs Mcafee Enterprise 8.8.0.777. Chrome was not previously installed.

I installed the latest stable version of Chrome (see posts below).

I installed Star Legends Beta.

I get stuck on 99% with the same Javascript log output as I posted before.

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks buddy! Got the 15. Still stuck at 99% though :P

Booo! lol, nah glad i could kind of he.... nah cant get credit for that one :p

Hope your running alongside of me soon, this is going to take some getting used to lol, esp after PL and SL on Phone for so long ;)

WoundedEagle
10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Booo! lol, nah glad i could kind of he.... nah cant get credit for that one :p

Hope your running alongside of me soon, this is going to take some getting used to lol, esp after PL and SL on Phone for so long ;)
Well, there is a Mac in the living room at the desk, but I prefer my laptop, and if that's what I will play on most, might as well work with it :)

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the reports - I've got a machine here that shows this behavior now, so will track it down as soon as I have time.

FluffNStuff
10-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the reports - I've got a machine here that shows this behavior now, so will track it down as soon as I have time.

In case it helps, I am sending you the crash report for Google Chrome Helper (what seems to be causing the 99%)
Hmm, way to long to PM, emailed to support at spacetimestudios.com

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Yeah, it worked perfectly right away on OS X Lion. I'll give it a run on Ubuntu.

WoundedEagle
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it worked perfectly right away on OS X Lion. I'll give it a run on Ubuntu.
Won't run on Ubuntu for me :(

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
If you have this problem, please try updating your graphic drivers. On the machine I had which showed this issue, it was failing to create the graphics context, and updating the graphic drivers fixed the problem (WXP/SP3, with Nvidia 8800GTX).

If it doesn't fix the problem for you, please note your os, video card, and driver version for us.

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Won't run on Ubuntu for me :(

I'll give it a shot, Woundypoo. You need to do this! :)

IBNobody said:

This should help the devs track down this issue.

I had a Win XP SP3 box that I use for testing. It's fairly clean, and it runs Mcafee Enterprise 8.8.0.777. Chrome was not previously installed.

I installed the latest stable version of Chrome (see posts below).

I installed Star Legends Beta.

I get stuck on 99% with the same Javascript log output as I posted before.

It seemed to me that it said something about not working and playing well with anti-virus, but its not available from the Chrome Store at the moment, so I can't double-check that. :(

Flip
10-25-2011, 06:11 PM
its not available from the Chrome Store at the moment, so I can't double-check that. :(
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends/

FluffNStuff
10-25-2011, 06:12 PM
If you have this problem, please try updating your graphic drivers. On the machine I had which showed this issue, it was failing to create the graphics context, and updating the graphic drivers fixed the problem (WXP/SP3, with Nvidia 8800GTX).

If it doesn't fix the problem for you, please note your os, video card, and driver version for us.

Hmm, actually open and install the video card I bought last year ... Nah ... My lazy arse will stick with the iPad.

Fac3bon3s
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I actually had it working on my notebook. But when I closed it and tried again, it got hung up at 99%.

I'm running the same version of Chrome that the link above sends us to.

Using Windows 7 starter 32 bit OS.

I will try updating my drivers and such. Will repost with info afterwards.

Edit : All of my drivers seem to be up to date.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 06:52 PM

*Updated info for laptop*
On my laptop, an older Acer Extenza 4420, the graphics card is ATI Radeon 1250, On Windows Vista. I just put every driver up to date, and still no luck. Following all other recommendations as well. Trying on my Desktop now, will edit post shortly with results.

Slant
10-25-2011, 06:52 PM
oh its the drivers eh? k will get em having this issue with uh xp chrome and nvidia gtx some low model thats prolly stone age now... thought it was something like service pack 2 lol, ok cool, will update drivers thx

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2011, 07:03 PM
I run Linux(I like programming and challenges haha) and it seems to not work. I ran dev, beta, and stable with no avail. Stuck at 99%...

Lol! I'm currently stuck at 100% on my Ubuntu box. I'll let it sit and contemplate its fate for a bit. I'm using 15 Beta (since there isn't a Chromium for Linux 15 yet) and Lucid Lynx, Woundy.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I went to ATI website and had the download manager tell me which drivers i needed to be up to date, and now it's taking alot longer to install. There is alot of C++ support coming thru the directory and so on and the resolution is flickering so I hope this is it!

i pk bigmac
10-25-2011, 07:38 PM

this is mine

thequickone
10-25-2011, 07:43 PM

Lol! I'm currently stuck at 100% on my Ubuntu box. I'll let it sit and contemplate its fate for a bit. I'm using 15 Beta (since there isn't a Chromium for Linux 15 yet) and Lucid Lynx, Woundy.
I know I shouldn't be so surprised, but... I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ARE OTHERS THAT RUN LINUX HERE! YAY!!! :D ehem... OK, now that that's out...

My Ubuntu box is running 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) and Google Crome 15.0.874.102 beta. After enabling Native Client and restarting Chrome, the app loaded completely. Very quickly, in fact! While a bit jumpy at the character selection screen, running around at base was fairly smooth. My Linux box is not the highest spec device in the house... :rolleyes:

It looks great, but does still feel a bit rough. Maybe the very different play control is a bit too much of a growing pain for me... I'll keep an eye on how it develops, and try to report a few bugs when I have some more time.

My Windows XP box (very low-spec) is suffering from the same stuck-at-99% problem as others. I suspect some as of yet unknown fatal exception error.

Thank you, STS for porting this great game to Google Chrome! :)

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 07:43 PM

this is mine

That probably means you need to update your video drivers. I'll improve the feedback from this later this week, so it doesn't just sit on loading if it happens.

i pk bigmac
10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
how could i update my video driver? like where should i search in my comp

Moogerfooger
10-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Futumsh, I am still getting hung up at 41% load. Javascript console sayz (and sometimes the initial line numbers are different):

196 : CS -> BG : FAILED rebuildcontext chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:60
198 : CS -> BG : FAILED rebuildcontext chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:60
199 : CS -> BG : FAILED rebuildcontext chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:60

CanonicalKoi
10-25-2011, 09:44 PM
I know I shouldn't be so surprised, but... I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ARE OTHERS THAT RUN LINUX HERE! YAY!!! :D ehem... OK, now that that's out...

My Ubuntu box is running 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) and Google Crome 15.0.874.102 beta. After enabling Native Client and restarting Chrome, the app loaded completely. Very quickly, in fact! While a bit jumpy at the character selection screen, running around at base was fairly smooth. My Linux box is not the highest spec device in the house... :rolleyes:

It looks great, but does still feel a bit rough. Maybe the very different play control is a bit too much of a growing pain for me... I'll keep an eye on how it develops, and try to report a few bugs when I have some more time.

My Windows XP box (very low-spec) is suffering from the same stuck-at-99% problem as others. I suspect some as of yet unknown fatal exception error.

Thank you, STS for porting this great game to Google Chrome! :)

Nice! I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling later tonight. You have given me hope! :)

Futumsh
10-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Futumsh, I am still getting hung up at 41% load. Javascript console sayz (and sometimes the initial line numbers are different):

196 : CS -> BG : FAILED rebuildcontext chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:60
198 : CS -> BG : FAILED rebuildcontext chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:60
199 : CS -> BG : FAILED rebuildcontext chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:60

That's a new one... what os/platform and chrome version?

Moogerfooger
10-25-2011, 10:25 PM
That's a new one... what os/platform and chrome version?

XP SP3, build "15.0.874.102 m". Says it is up to date?

Ellyidol
10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
The STS player base is now part of the 99% :p

thequickone
10-26-2011, 02:01 AM
The STS player base is now part of the 99% :p
Not funny... ... ... Yeah, it is. :rolleyes:

Flip
10-26-2011, 01:38 PM
More information on the "99%" issue: "Failed to initialize graphics"? Check here! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40913-quot-Failed-to-initialize-graphics-quot-Check-here!)