PDA

View Full Version : I think item name should appear in the inventory screen

Zylx
09-27-2017, 01:18 AM
We get an item name pop up when we loot it, why not show it on the title screen so we can distinguish what's what. Also, since durability is a thing in the game, it would be nice to have some sort of bar on the bottom of each item depicting its durability. A full bar represents a perfect-condition item, while an empty bar represents a broken item. Sort of like its own health bar.

Also, i noticed when talking to npc's, i get a "placeholder" text pop up above my character or above the npc

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/0221eca95574dee4b79fad699ef7f5f3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/560760d345216fe04fe98a69b1aa23fe.jpg

Zylx
09-27-2017, 01:32 AM
Also, possible enemies: plat [emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/1c79c7f22b020c599df6060b435131a0.jpg

Zylx
09-27-2017, 01:36 AM
And Hawken the Jewelerhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/6b03f3706bf48d4c3f726a854b156fd7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/4e4bae186eac821e0fa6d25cd1627be3.jpg

Java
09-27-2017, 02:29 AM
Also, possible enemies: plat [emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170927/1c79c7f22b020c599df6060b435131a0.jpg

Plat is the ultimate frienemy. [emoji38]

Justg
09-27-2017, 10:29 AM
We get an item name pop up when we loot it, why not show it on the title screen so we can distinguish what's what. Also, since durability is a thing in the game, it would be nice to have some sort of bar on the bottom of each item depicting its durability. A full bar represents a perfect-condition item, while an empty bar represents a broken item. Sort of like its own health bar.

Also, i noticed when talking to npc's, i get a "placeholder" text pop up above my character or above the npc

Thanks Zylx, good suggestions. The "Placeholder" label means the UI is still in progress, we'll be putting the final versions in as we go. Next up are Jeweler, Blacksmith, and Forge.

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Item names typically are long text and awkwardly take up a large amount of UI space so we are trying not to display them on the main Avatar page.

Our intent is that items can be correctly identified by the combination of:
1) The item type icon (Bow, Source, Staff, etc)
2) The item Tier in the upper left corner
3) The elemental icon in the lower right corner.
Are any of these 3 systems not working as well as we hope to uniquely identify an item?

Both item name and durability do appear when you look at the Item Info for an item, though I understand wanting easier access to see the durability of an item.

angeldawn
09-27-2017, 07:34 PM
I picked up on this earlier and then I would try to match my gem to the weapons elemental icon also for an extra boost.

Java
09-27-2017, 08:31 PM
I picked up on this earlier and then I would try to match my gem to the weapons elemental icon also for an extra boost.
I wonder if you can still add jewels that don't match the elemental icon. Or is that wasting jewel on wrong weapon. I wish there was a bit more guidance with regard to jewels. Perhaps an elaboration on the different crit enhancements too. And if someone wouldn't mind sharing some flanking tips. I assume it to mean using their own traps against them but if there are other tactics I'm missing out on, please advise.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/48f112588446e1591e95687dd5726480.jpg

angeldawn
09-27-2017, 08:36 PM
I wonder if you can still add jewels that don't match the elemental icon. Or is that wasting jewel on wrong weapon. I wish there was a bit more guidance with regard to jewels. Perhaps an elaboration on the different crit enhancements too. And if someone wouldn't mind sharing some flanking tips. I assume it to mean using their own traps against them but if there are other tactics I'm missing out on, please advise.

Thatís a good point about the gems. Are they useless if wrong elements?

For flanking, I take it as kiting and hitting them from the side and behind.

Java
09-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Thatís a good point about the gems. Are they useless if wrong elements?

For flanking, I take it as kiting and hitting them from the side and behind.
That was my initial thought on flanking..in the literal meaning...which is my play style anyhow..but that flanking bonus at the end doesn't seem to reflect it. And since I seem to miss 3 stars by less than 100 points I assume it is from flanking inadequacies.

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Jewels:
As long as the jewel can be socketed, you gain the stat bonuses, whether or not the elements are the same. In fact sometimes it's good for you to mix up elements to increase your strength in various maps!

For Flanking, we're still finalizing where is best in game to teach the player about this (without forcing it into the tutorial). Any suggestions would be welcomed!
Flanking means hitting an enemy from the side or from the back. When you accomplish this you should see a star along with your damage numbers (is it visible enough?)
The Flanking bonus has a smaller impact with only a jewel or 2. You deal 15% extra damage when hitting from the side and 30% extra damage when hitting from the back. The Flanking Bonus is a bonus multiplier to this extra damage. So when you have 40% flanking bonus, your hits from the back will deal .3 * 1.4 = .42 or 42% extra damage.

The Flanking Bonus you see at the end of a dungeon is only based on the number of flanking hits you successfully executed, not any damage associated with those hits.

angeldawn
09-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Jewels:
As long as the jewel can be socketed, you gain the stat bonuses, whether or not the elements are the same. In fact sometimes it's good for you to mix up elements to increase your strength in various maps!

For Flanking, we're still finalizing where is best in game to teach the player about this (without forcing it into the tutorial). Any suggestions would be welcomed!
Flanking means hitting an enemy from the side or from the back. When you accomplish this you should see a star along with your damage numbers (is it visible enough?)
The Flanking bonus has a smaller impact with only a jewel or 2. You deal 15% extra damage when hitting from the side and 30% extra damage when hitting from the back. The Flanking Bonus is a bonus multiplier to this extra damage. So when you have 40% flanking bonus, your hits from the back will deal .3 * 1.4 = .42 or 42% extra damage.

The Flanking Bonus you see at the end of a dungeon is only based on the number of flanking hits you successfully executed, not any damage associated with those hits.

Thanks Vroom helps a lot!!!

A flanking tutorial with that cute squirrel might be good in the first map where itís easy to not die. Showing side and back hits have a slight increase in damage.

Java
09-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Jewels:

Thanks for the great info!! I've been meaning to ask what those stars are all about.