PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Players: Need Help with Phone Plans

Draco Mikato
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
My girl is in the Hamilton Ontario area and we're looking at smartphone data plans. But I am appalled at how terrible all these plans are. First of all, data usage limit at... 500mb? You can't do anything! That's the cheapest... Any more than that will ring up extra cost.

But I didn't get to look through all of them. So I wanted to ask any Canadian players: what data plan are you on?

And if anyone from STS can answer this: Would you say that 500mb or even a 1GB limit monthly is enough for someone with regular daily data use, and play star legends?

I read that even a third world country has better smartphone plans than Canada.

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
1Gb is plenty, I played a ton even using the wifi hotspot feature so my gf could play on her iTouch, and never went over. This was with youtube and facebook usage as well. I pay 110 a month for 1Gb of Data, free evenings/weekends, and all the caller id and such as well. I've never gotten charged more for using SL/PL, even doing 18 hrs a day for a week sometimes.

Draco Mikato
10-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Then maybe I'm just using a lot? I've used about 1.5GB this month. She's a girl too, a social girl. And she'll probably be using skype and stuff with me a lot.

RedRyder
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I have 2GB a month, and I barely use half of one every month lol. The only thing that ever really eats it up is YouTube.

Zeus
10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
High Quality Pandora Streaming Audio is dangerous. Lol, I nearly ate up my 2 Gig plan like that.