PDA

View Full Version : Health Left After Dying

javier995
10-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes i know it has been posted, but I talked to Sam and he asked ne to make a thread.

Ok so as many of you have experienced, you die but it says you have health and mana left. More specifically, it gives you the health and mana you would have as if you had respawned. Here's a screenshot from the other thread

You beat me to it, Kahlua. I had the same thing happen. Or worse yet, Crummy, it's allowing you to waste stims when you're already dead. :( Screenshot:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/healthilydead.png

ETA: This is me, I experienced the bug for the 3rd time.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/Screenshot-1319597096844.png

BodMaster
10-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Here's the other link,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40408-Dying-with-HP-left

javier995
10-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Yea ty ty:)

Kakatoa91
10-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Yea,
Little annoying bug. Moreover when you speeding trough any maps... engie dont think of rev if the dead guy dont say help/rev or with the rest of group moving further without noticing the death of a comrade.

Rittik
10-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Ya me too...and i have seen...waste treatment plant of shipyard it happens more....and in that map i too experirnced the health drops too fast.....even with a full group

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 02:54 AM
hah thanks for reading my thread, Sam! :(

Slant
10-26-2011, 03:27 AM
ok listen there that green smoke thing, your health goes down a lot just after its effect wears off, so when the green smoke comes or just after its a good idea for engies to use trasnference, so as to instantly regain the sudden drop in health, maybe this is what the map is for and its not a bug, also, stims are not instantly activated, even if you keep pressing the stim button, it takes some time between two stims to work, and this is when you can lose health, sort of like a higher level version of flashers, where you need to time empathy for the heal over time to work properly... so im thinking that the remaining health is heal over time kickng in late, or stims getting activated after you lose full hp because you can still tap the icon. This is similar to when you die on the last boss, the level gets complete, you do next before respawn, and your alive in the next map. Ive seen the reverse happen too, that is walk around with no health and im still alive lol.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 03:54 AM
ok listen there that green smoke thing, your health goes down a lot just after its effect wears off, so when the green smoke comes or just after its a good idea for engies to use trasnference, so as to instantly regain the sudden drop in health, maybe this is what the map is for and its not a bug, also, stims are not instantly activated, even if you keep pressing the stim button, it takes some time between two stims to work, and this is when you can lose health, sort of like a higher level version of flashers, where you need to time empathy for the heal over time to work properly... so im thinking that the remaining health is heal over time kickng in late, or stims getting activated after you lose full hp because you can still tap the icon. This is similar to when you die on the last boss, the level gets complete, you do next before respawn, and your alive in the next map. Ive seen the reverse happen too, that is walk around with no health and im still alive lol.

Yeah...that would be called a bug...because it doesn't happen on the other maps.

Rodvik
10-26-2011, 06:04 AM
Lol experiennced this today. Guy had half health and I was spamming Empathy trying to heal him and his health just wouldnt go up, thats when I realized he was laying on the group dead...lol, was an "Oopsy" moment. Lol.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Lol experiennced this today. Guy had half health and I was spamming Empathy trying to heal him and his health just wouldnt go up, thats when I realized he was laying on the group dead...lol, was an "Oopsy" moment. Lol.

Lol Rod! This happened to a bunch of us without an Engi, so cant be soley to do with Empathy and as Kahlua said above, hasn't occured since beta as far as im aware. So it most definetly a bug that had crept in on release of SY.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 06:44 AM
oooo using the phrase crept when referring to a programming 'bug'...what is that called? It's kind of Anthropomorphism, but isn't really a human characteristic....but there's another word for it I think...

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 07:48 AM
oooo using the phrase crept when referring to a programming 'bug'...what is that called? It's kind of Anthropomorphism, but isn't really a human characteristic....but there's another word for it I think...

Where's Mime when you need him.. *goes to check chat*

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Lol Rod! This happened to a bunch of us without an Engi, so cant be soley to do with Empathy and as Kahlua said above, hasn't occured since beta as far as im aware. So it most definetly a bug that had crept in on release of SY.

Kind of like creeping featurism or, as I always preferred, feeping creaturism. :) A nice mental picture of my computers roaming feral through the house, trailing their power cords behind them and making soft feeping noises as the creep around foraging.

And you can use anthropomorphism, but personification also works since it also implies giving animation to the inanimate.

ETA: Waits for Higgins to arrive with a far more apropos word.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Kind of like creeping featurism or, as I always preferred, feeping creaturism. :) A nice mental picture of my computers roaming feral through the house, trailing their power cords behind them and making soft feeping noises as the creep around foraging.

And you can use anthropomorphism, but personification also works since it also implies giving animation to the inanimate.

ETA: Waits for Higgins to arrive with a far more apropos word.

ahhhhh personification that's what I was looking for!

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 10:43 AM
ahhhhh personification that's what I was looking for!

Yay! :D But I bet Higgins still comes up with a better word. :)

javier995
10-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Yea,
Little annoying bug. Moreover when you speeding trough any maps... engie dont think of rev if the dead guy dont say help/rev or with the rest of group moving further without noticing the death of a comrade.

Yes it's very hard to notice with all the dead enemies we leave behind.