PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Feedback

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Well, I had some time to play around with Star Legends on the PC, and I found a few things I enjoyed and a few things I found a pain. Here are a few different aspects and how they work and don't work.

In town/chatting/merchanting:

This is awesome because you can see everyone and there's not much need to swing the camera around, and you can view 10 or more line of the chatlog without blocking too much view. clicking to move around and clicking on other players is simple, and effective. Say goodbye to misclicking on Auctioneer Preston and wanting to kill yourself. Say goodbye to PMing strangers standing close to friends. The trade screen is nice and big and inviting, and easy to see whats all on the table, stims, money, its all clear and easy on the eyes. Graphics have ported very well, although at times I think my phone runs smoother. The open chatbox that you type in could also be raised or lowered. but right in the middle of the screen is kind of an annoyance. Also, you can't press the back arrow or click back to correct a typo, you have to delete everything, very painful if you missed a /r.

In Dungeons:

This is where Chrome needs some polishing. (see what i did there?)
Moving, shooting, using skills (effectively), AND clicking stim is alot to handle. As stated in IB's thread, we need more keybinding and hotkeys. I fear this might even lead to sub par gaming experiences from kids on PC's who can't function properly playing with people on much friendlier devices. Mapping the keys to your liking would solve this issue as long as stims had a hot key. Currently I click to move, while using my fingers for the skills and camera, and thumb on the spacebar for auto attack. Switching targets with the directional keys is tough with this hand setup. other than that I find it a fun experience, although I would farm/grind/PvP on my android well before I would on PC as it is now.

In the Menu:

Liquidating a full 500 inventory is an ugly task on Chrome. To be able to highlight items with a right click or drag would be AMAZING. The characters look great on the big screen, and looking at all the stats is easy on the eyes. Clicking about through the options is easier unless it's something repetitive such as liquidation.

I will add to this as I play around with it more. Thx.

Skeletonlord
10-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Good feedback. Overall I am extremely impressed with chrome. No lag, however, I couldn't use my lvl 27 and had to make a new character. Not sure anyone know why?

SUPAPRODIGY
10-26-2011, 01:00 AM
I cant even get it on chrome :(

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Well, I had some time to play around with Star Legends on the PC, and I found a few things I enjoyed and a few things I found a pain. Here are a few different aspects and how they work and don't work.

This is awesome because you can see everyone and there's not much need to swing the camera around, and you can view 10 or more line of the chatlog without blocking too much view. clicking to move around and clicking on other players is simple, and effective. Say goodbye to misclicking on Auctioneer Preston and wanting to kill yourself. Say goodbye to PMing strangers standing close to friends. The trade screen is nice and big and inviting, and easy to see whats all on the table, stims, money, its all clear and easy on the eyes. Graphics have ported very well, although at times I think my phone runs smoother. The open chatbox that you type in could also be raised or lowered. but right in the middle of the screen is kind of an annoyance. Also, you can't press the back arrow or click back to correct a typo, you have to delete everything, very painful if you missed a /r.

In Dungeons:

Moving, shooting, using skills (effectively), AND clicking stim is alot to handle. As stated in IB's thread, we need more keybinding and hotkeys. I fear this might even lead to sub par gaming experiences from kids on PC's who can't function properly playing with people on much friendlier devices. Mapping the keys to your liking would solve this issue as long as stims had a hot key. Currently I click to move, while using my fingers for the skills and camera, and thumb on the spacebar for auto attack. Switching targets with the directional keys is tough with this hand setup. other than that I find it a fun experience, although I would farm/grind/PvP on my android well before I would on PC as it is now.

In the Menu:

Liquidating a full 500 inventory is an ugly task on Chrome. To be able to highlight items with a right click or drag would be AMAZING. The characters look great on the big screen, and looking at all the stats is easy on the eyes. Clicking about through the options is easier unless it's something repetitive such as liquidation.

Exactly my thought on this (beat me to it :p)

Esp Chat needing to delete whole text, maybe should be able to click inbetween the text to edit. Another was keeping an eye on stim, if a keyboard button could be assigned to Stim, Power etc this would help in game alot. And as latly mentioned, I have 300 slots and liquidating these was a looooong task lol, I support the click and drag 100%.

Was just amazed of how clear this was! Bear in mind have never used a tablet only my phone. The layout was much more space'y, as on the phone I find the overall UI is to big looking, though it needs to be, to make it noticable on smaller devices and if changed may have viewable problems.

Great job STS!! needs some minor tweaks but overall an amazingly joyful experience.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 04:25 AM
I cant even get it on chrome :(

What seems to be the problem? Have you downloaded the version from www.google.com/chrome?

If a Native Client message is shown, go into a new tab, in the address bar type about:flags press enter, a menu screen will show and allow you to enable 'Native Client'.

Also if you are getting up the loading screen 99% you may have to update your Audio/Video Drivers.

All info can be found here,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?38-Technical-Issues-and-Bugs

Tvis
10-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Love the chrome version! Works great for me. Haven't even gone over 200 ping! The graphics are amazing as well. Great job STS!!

Bakoffmycandy
10-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Agreed in every aspect. Stims was main problem. I play my eng less then I do Com or Op. Even in full custom gear my Op dies easier than I expected.

Being able to map or bind your keys the way you would like to play would really polish it. I know it is in beta stage atm but even after all of these improvements are implemented, you simply can not compare to touch Gameplay. When Pvp is finally released, I will always be on my tablet for better reaction time.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 06:01 AM
Love the chrome version! Works great for me. Haven't even gone over 200 ping! The graphics are amazing as well. Great job STS!!

Had my first Ping of Death experience early hours of the morning 2-3am, though this may have been my actual connection, other than that runs perfectly smooth! :D

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Heads up,

ios: Chat on trade screens is no longer under inventory.
iphone: Chat now has up/down arrow.
chrome: Fixed cutscenes sometimes showing patterns of clips where there should only be one.
chrome: Number keys for activating skills should work correctly when flipping skill pages by clicking.
chrome: Additional keyboard shortcuts - i=inventory, c=avatar, [=stimpack, ]=powerpack, m=minimap.
chrome: Detect incompatible graphics driver, and show an error rather than loading forever.

Slant
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
haha yeah use [ ] for stims, but its fast with the mouse too, how are you guys playing? im not sure whether or not to click to move haha if theres a cycle target shortcut key for ops they will be unstoppable

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
haha yeah use [ ] for stims, but its fast with the mouse too, how are you guys playing? im not sure whether or not to click to move haha if theres a cycle target shortcut key for ops they will be unstoppable

To change target press the left and right keys :) (Not on number pad)

n00b13st
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Your comments exactly match my experience except for the running smoother on the mobile device - my laptop is pretty new and powerful and I noticed no performance issues. Other than what you mentioned I noticed I "lost" my mouse cursor a lot which in a really intense fight would be a challenge.

I totally agree with the need for manual key mapping, esp. stims. If I could move, turn, use abilities and stims, auto-fire and "next target [closest/left/right]" with customizable keys then I'd almost never use the mouse in a dungeon. Currently I use my left hand for "spells" and firing my weapon and right hand for mouse for moving/turning/stims. The mouse isn't quite up to this task (stims and trying to strafe properly being the biggest challenges using the mouse) but various joysticks would do fine I'd think (oh how I wish there were a USB joystick for my tablet.)

Excellent writeup Ebalere. I'd give you a thumb's up but apparently the forum thinks I like you too much. :abnormal:

EDIT now that I've seen BodMaster's post - apparently all that's lacking is keys for stims and the ability to map my keys as I wish:

To change target press the left and right keys :) (Not on number pad)

In Dungeons:

In the Menu:

Fac3bon3s
10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
The only performance related issue I have had is when using the right mouse button to rotate camera. It rotate's smoothly with the "q" and "e" button but when i hold down right mouse and rotate it's really laggy.

octavos
10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
my only opinion/comment is when i rotate the screen lags ummm bit...looks choppy. everyting that i use on my xperia play is mapped to my contol....so chatting in action is a bit rough...sorry ppl who know me...my chatting in a level will be a bit laggy also lol.

but as good as to be expected from a beta, devs will make a golden product....I can for see the future. lots of pple where ever they are, if your borded, have some free time, and want to shoot something.....SL/PL and soon DL will be there.