PDA

View Full Version : Crit Bonus from Halloween vanity: Permanent or not?

ProSophist
10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm sure a lot of people have been wondering about this as well

For those that are unaware, the Halloween vanities
(witch hat, RIP, horns, fork) each give 5 crit.

Since these vanities are permanent, the big question is: Are the stats permanent as well?

I genuinely believe this needs to be clarified since there has already been an issue with the jetpacks not having permanent speed boost, when they originally didn't have a notification about it.

If this has already been answered, feel free to smack me on the head.

Nightarcher
10-26-2011, 12:43 AM
Oh wow they give 5 crit? I didn't know this. Well... now that I do...

THIS BETTER BE TEMPORARY!! ;)

Carth
10-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Did not know this. I think this might be a temporary buff during the Halloween event.

Kakatoa91
10-26-2011, 12:56 AM
So hat + fork... +10 crit...? :confused:

Carth
10-26-2011, 12:59 AM
So hat + fork... +10 crit...? :confused:

Correct! :)

Ardon
10-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Also the plat costume vanities like the vular head and such give the + 5 crit bonus.

I'm sure that it won't be permanent

Kakatoa91
10-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Also the plat costume vanities like the vular head and such give the + 5 crit bonus.

I'm sure that it won't be permanent

Lol... guess I need to buy new glasses...
Didnt notice all those lil boosts.

Well since they didnt announced an end, I suppose we will keep the bonus.

I need a fork now... crap have to charge up my plat.:p

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Hoping we keep these, the amount of bags you can buy to get all of these items is pretty pricey. Though the 10% Crit isnt a huge... difference like the 20% speed with JPs.

Tell people in game and they are like WOW! lol when ever we are up against SY5 boss that is :p

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 04:37 AM
And you told me my bear head was stupid, Bod! SCATTERBEAR.

Hmmm never knew about this...such a bonus could prove to be...critical...to my success.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 04:47 AM
And you told me my bear head was stupid, Bod! SCATTERBEAR.

Hmmm never knew about this...such a bonus could prove to be...critical...to my success.

I told you, lol, or hinted :p

Did you think I wore my Fiendish set for the fun of it? :p (Though I prob would anyway)

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 04:53 AM
But yeah I'd like confirmation on this because my beautiful bear mask isn't going to be with me soon and if the bonus is here to stay, I'll be buying an item pack.

Rodvik
10-26-2011, 05:03 AM
Domt worry Khalua Bod didnt know either until I was like "PUT A COSTUME ON OR IM NOT HEALING YOU BOD!" and hes like "WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?" and I was like "OMG +5 CRIT DUH!" And he was like "NO! IM IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE!" and "I WAS LIKE WHAT!?!??" and then he was like "OMG THE COSTUMES GIVE +CRIT" and I was like *facepalm*. But Ebalere told me. =D

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Domt worry Khalua Bod didnt know either until I was like "PUT A COSTUME ON OR IM NOT HEALING YOU BOD!" and hes like "WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?" and I was like "OMG +5 CRIT DUH!" And he was like "NO! IM IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE!" and "I WAS LIKE WHAT!?!??" and then he was like "OMG THE COSTUMES GIVE +CRIT" and I was like *facepalm*. But Ebalere told me. =D

LMAO! Now I remember!!!! haha fun times, think we both confused one another! haha couldnt think of how it came about :p

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 05:11 AM
hahaha I feel like one of my friends from highschool just said this to me.

LIKE O M G.

Kakatoa91
10-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Hoping we keep these, the amount of bags you can buy to get all of these items is pretty pricey. Though the 10% Crit isnt a huge... difference like the 20% speed with JPs.

It will still make a difference in pvp at least for Op.
Starting lvl 28 Op can have a +100% crit (custom, 2 skills, weapon, implant and 2 halloween gear) :D
At lower lvl without precision skill, the 10% bonus will boost the twink Op with plat dodge gear.

It would b nice to know if it will be permanent or not. Really.
And also preferably b4 event ends.
:p

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Starting lvl 28 Op can have a +100% crit (custom, 2 skills, weapon, implant and 2 halloween gear) :D
At lower lvl without precision skill, the 10% bonus will boost the twink Op with plat dodge gear.

Didnt think Vanity stats, would be counting against PVP? Also that they are looking into having a PvE Build, and PvP Build (Which wouldnt include Vanity).

Kakatoa91
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM

Didnt think Vanity stats, would be counting against PVP? Also that they are looking into having a PvE Build, and PvP Build (Which wouldnt include Vanity).

I doubt pvp without vanity items... we would look all the same lol... boring :D
unless they find way to stop bonus for pvp.

In PL, there's the helm founder vanity that was given free to the players who started on Ios since the very beginning.
It gives a +5 dmg... and its a clear advantage in low lvl twink pvp in PL.
I sadly started when it was available on android, got my pad later :(.
Its still a bit a source of complaints in the PL community.
Most of vanity helm gives a +1 armor thats all.
The 56 helm and 61 shield, vanities for reachin hardcore lvl, give a marginal bonus imo.

I hope STS will learn from past experiences in PL and SL with the jetpack. They need to be clear on this point. Like many people I am not interested into wasting plat for nothing and I dont want to miss an opportunity while its available to prepare the best gear for pvp later.

ProSophist
10-26-2011, 10:04 AM
There are two problems that I see about this:

1. People will spend TONS of plat because they want the 10 crit. If STS removes the bonus without warning, these people will go berserk for spending a huge amount of money on something that is temporary, just like they did with the jetpacks. 10 crit is a HUGE boost. Especially for Operatives.

2. If it's permanent, it will provide a huge advantage in PvP. Can you imagine future twinks using these items strictly for the bonus?

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 10:06 AM

ROFLMAO! Rodvik, I could hug you--I was laughing so hard, I was tearing up. "NO WAY!" "WAY!" "OMG!" "IKR" Bwahahahahahaha! :D Bod..."NO! IM IN A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE!"????? Really? Hee!

Yurimaru
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
There are two problems that I see about this:

1. People will spend TONS of plat because they want the 10 crit. If STS removes the bonus without warning, these people will go berserk for spending a huge amount of money on something that is temporary, just like they did with the jetpacks. 10 crit is a HUGE boost. Especially for Operatives.

2. If it's permanent, it will provide a huge advantage in PvP. Can you imagine future twinks using these items strictly for the bonus?
Agree 100%, this needs clarification.

Takezaki
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Vouch. This needs to be clarified.

ProSophist
10-26-2011, 07:56 PM
It would be great if a dev could shed some light on this matter. :|

Kakatoa91
10-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Still no words?
Anyone has sent email or msg devs?

Cahaun
10-27-2011, 03:03 PM
rofl! I can seriously see this in my head =D

Samhayne
10-27-2011, 03:04 PM
The crit bonus will be removed when the Halloween event is over.

ProSophist
10-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Thanks for clarifying that! :)

CanonicalKoi
10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks much, Sam! I've been wondering about that. Well, the horns are pretty styling anyway. :)

WhoIsThis
10-27-2011, 04:49 PM
At least it looks good. Enjoy it while it lasts - until next year.

Kakatoa91
10-27-2011, 07:30 PM

Thx Sam for info, now i can waste my plat on implants and elixirs :D

LADYHADASSA
10-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Thx Sam for info, now i can waste my plat on implants and elixirs :D

And for those who spent lots of plat for pvp because the founders advantage and the non issuance of vetrine helms and removal of stats from other items.. In essance plat spent for these players is useless.. As a suggestion in the future clarity before purchases would keep players happy... The costume rentals are told to the consumer.. Removal of stats are not..

But as it was said the horns and hats are cute additions to vanity