PDA

View Full Version : virtual joystick

lilylovee
10-07-2017, 10:06 AM
i would like virtual joystick to be more stable for an easly movement... like in other legends game..the joysticks stay in one place not moveing across the screen

dmt
10-07-2017, 10:34 AM
i agree

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Zojak
10-07-2017, 11:03 AM
am i the only one that actually likes how the joystick works as it is? O.o

lilylovee
10-07-2017, 11:18 AM
im not sure but i think so

xzLegendszx
10-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Yup the joystick isn't stable at all.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Poisontips
10-07-2017, 02:49 PM
+1 it needs some major improvments

Ingonghulu
10-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Agreed, I've reverted to tap-to-move on PLA because I found the virtual joystick unwieldy. This can be a game breaker for some - I've previously given up on rpg's for the very simple fact that it lacks a virtual joystick. And if you provide the player with the option of a joystick, it may as well be a good one ... as was provided in PL and other STS titles. On PLA its not very responsive and I find myself zig-zagging around. A minor complaint, maybe, but that is why we partake in beta :)

Thanks, so far enjoying the game and will provide more feedback soon

Skeletonlord
10-07-2017, 05:40 PM
I agree with this. Movement around the world can get a little bit tricky to manoeuvre sometimes and having the joystick stay in one position would help make movement a bit easier, as I came to get used to that on PL etc.

Freakyassasin
10-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Why you use joystick?
Tap and move sistem is better
:-)

Carapace
10-07-2017, 06:51 PM
It's not exactly an answer, but try the Auto-Run feature and tap in addition to that, see if it helps or eases the gameplay experience for those wishing the virtual joystick was more useful or anchored

Justg
10-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Has anyone tried the tap-and-hold to move? Your avatar just follows your finger. I think you have to have the virtual dpad off. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

Poisontips
10-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Has anyone tried the tap-and-hold to move? Your avatar just follows your finger. I think you have to have the virtual dpad off. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

This is currently what I've been doing and it is better then the d-pad in its current state but it still seems to have issues. In a lot of instances having to rapidly tap causes a sorta delay from when I'm done tapping to when the character actually stops. It also feels slippery in a sense like my character is sliding on ice during those fast tap instances. All in all I think in general the movement feels very choppy atm.

lilylovee
10-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Has anyone tried the tap-and-hold to move? Your avatar just follows your finger. I think you have to have the virtual dpad off. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.yeah... kinda lame..

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A512 using Tapatalk

Draebatad
10-08-2017, 02:35 PM
For me the tap and hold without auto follow or dpad works but it still tends to feel a little slippery and choppy. At this time tap and hold seems to be my favored approach, just wish it was more solid and smooth in movement. Android galaxy tab here.

xzLegendszx
10-08-2017, 04:50 PM
For me the tap and hold without auto follow or dpad works but it still tends to feel a little slippery and choppy. At this time tap and hold seems to be my favored approach, just wish it was more solid and smooth in movement. Android galaxy tab here.Yup 100% agreeing with you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Zylx
10-08-2017, 09:57 PM

I have tried that, but i realize most of the time my hand gets in the way of the screen if I'm holding it forward. It's better than rapidly tapping the screen which would cause me to accidentally target a chair or an enemy i didn't want to shift focus on.

But on a Galaxy S8+, it is kinda awkward to hold and maneuver the phone in one hand. In this case, I think a tap-and-lock joystick would be a great implementation. The current iteration of the joystick has the center following way too close where you are dragging causing your character to abruptly stop when you run out of screen real-estate to run away from it. I really like the joystick in AL, and in this case, it would really help ease movement where one finger can control movement while another can control lock-on and skills.

You can increase the radius of the virtual pad, but also please consider adding an option for the player to choose a locked joystick. Bonus points if you can incorporate a locked joystick, which is permanently in one place at the bottom of the screen, which will disable tap-to-move, and allow people to rotate the screen with only one finger. This can even be done with the moving joystick where the joystick can only be moved across a small section of the screen, and players can use one finger outside the tapbox of the joystick to rotate camera, exactly how it was done in PL. But of course players can elect to use the current tap/hold to move controls. Although giving people freedom to select whichever playstyle they are more comfortable with will allow more people to adapt to the game seamlessly. Just relaying a few ideas :)

Ingonghulu
10-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Agreed with all, I have tried all permutations of tap / tap-and-hold / auto run vs no auto run, and am not really comfortable with any format - broken running and awkward attacks. The smooth motion and character control a fixed joystick gives is missing. PLA already HAS a joystick, I think future players will appreciate the game much more if the quality of this feature is upped to the level of other STS titles.

Plus, and I will keep mentioning this, please view gaming from a phone as well as a tablet perspective. Dragging my finger across the full face of a tablet vs simply holding it one place for total control? I choose a joystick every day of the week!

octavos
10-10-2017, 11:39 AM
omg...movement is a pain...even a tap to walk, wich is ok...but im used to other games that have a joystick permanent on the screen, not a whole new movement mechanic......most of the game requires dodge....so even tapping to get out of the way is ok...or an alert button i can tap if i use auto run.

Justg
10-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Try today's build and let us know about the improved, lockable joystick.

Shiloo
10-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Try today's build and let us know about the improved, lockable joystick.

Soooo much better!

lilylovee
10-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Try today's build and let us know about the improved, lockable joystick.wow thats great
Love it :)

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A512 using Tapatalk