PDA

View Full Version : level 20 mage gear

wvhills
10-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey everyone. I've got a level 20 mage I'm going to use to do some farming and was wondering what type of gear is out there. I checked yanis' list for available pinks and there doesn't seem to be much there for helms and cloths.

Here's my current equips:
helm- it's a green necromancer something or the other, level 19
wand- pink stormstrike wand, level 20
cloth- the level 15 purple you get when you buy the upgraded character, level 15
bracer- pink halloween doll, level 20

I'm concerned mainly with my helm and cloth. I've checked CS for the last few days and I can find some orange equips that upgrade me by 1 armor at the expense of lots of secondary attributes such as crit, dodge, m/s, h/s, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I know at level 21 you can get the super expensive level 21 SSC drops but I don't have the money for those and want to stay at level 20.

I think what I have now is fine and at this level I'm not sure if the upgrades will be big enough to make a major difference or not but I just want to be the best I can be while farming.

BTW, my build is lightning and firestorm maxed, heal at 4, mana shield 1, frost storm 1, and mana shield 1. I put the last point I got in mana shield but I was torn on whether to use it there, upgrade my heal to 5, or to put 1 point in weakness.

Fatpigwarrior
10-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Wand I'd go toyman, armor I use forest chain coz im dex/str/int lol an the rest same I think

Ruby!!!
10-26-2011, 08:25 AM
My L20 pure int is wearing:

Pink L20 helmet from plat pack
Pink L19 Stormstrike wand
Pink L15 Sorcerer robe
Pink L20 eye from plat pack
Mana regen ring

That gives a stunning 12/17 regen and feels nice for a support mage.
If you want more damage use toy man and ornament/halloween doll.

For plat free the best cowl should be a green L19 (witch/necromancer/forgot the third :) )

wvhills
10-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys, I saw the toyman wands and I hope to get one after I loot some good drops, lol.
thanks ruby, I didn't even think about plat items. I'll look at getting the pink helmet from there. The plat free cowl you mentioned is the one I have, I think. What's the level 15 sorcerers robe? Is it plat or a drop? If it's a drop where, who drops it? I don't remember seeing one in CS.

Ruby!!!
10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
The robe is a crafted one the recipe drops in Forest Haven. It's seems quite rare as a L15. You could search the cs for "sorcerer" in armor and recipes from time to time. The other crafted armor - alchemist - is lacking health regen. But maybe that is ok for you.

The plat cowl comes with the 3 or 4 item packs from the store.

Thanks guys, I saw the toyman wands and I hope to get one after I loot some good drops, lol.
thanks ruby, I didn't even think about plat items. I'll look at getting the pink helmet from there. The plat free cowl you mentioned is the one I have, I think. What's the level 15 sorcerers robe? Is it plat or a drop? If it's a drop where, who drops it? I don't remember seeing one in CS.