PDA

View Full Version : Got a  because i bumped a thread?!

Mageprodigy
10-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry if you think its anoying too. But Bumping your threads isnt wrong right? I just wanted to let more people see my guide... Dont flame me now if you disagree please.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb379/DaanPL/8774bdd7.jpg

Mageprodigy
10-26-2011, 08:57 AM
This is the guide if you wanna see:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40792-Guide-(very-short)-about-XP-hour-in-Nuris-Hallows

StompArtist
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Meh. Some folks just like to find reasons to down rep. Mind you technically it is not allowed to bump threads but historically has not been enforced very much as far as I can tell.

wvhills
10-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Yeah, bumping threads is looked down upon. If enough people like your guide then you won't have to bump it. I think creating a whole new thread referring people to your guide is worse than bumping the original thread though, haha. :)
It is a nice little guide btw.

Gluttony
10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Bumping a thread that has died is a bit shameful, you got plenty of rep out of it so just overposting it is looked down upon. That's just my opinion and I welcome the negative rep that will most likely be granted to me for this post.

Also, this thread may get some neg rep as it is a new thread to redirect to your old thread which is basically another bump. Time to let it go bro, plenty of players congratulated you for you thread and you want to put a spotlight on the one person who decided to take rep away? Try hilighting the 9 players who gave you props rather than the one thumbs down you received.

RedRyder
10-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Bumping a thread is not only looked down upon but is actually against the forum ToS. Like glut said, you received a lot of rep for that guide so there was no point in bumping it, unless you added to your original post with beneficial information on the topic, and wanted to bring it to everyone elses attention; since editing a post doesn't bump it.

@glut, I'll add a thanks just in case you get neg'd :p

Ihelpyou
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Its a nice guide :)

Mageprodigy
10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes you guys are right... Sorry for the thread!

halamance
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
cant wait to bump this!

Samhayne
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I'll bump it... but then I'll make a frowny face :( and say "Please don't bump posts!" and then close the thread.

fin