PDA

View Full Version : I cant find it...

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:08 AM
ive searched the chrome app store and i cant find star legends. Im assuming that im not running the required version of chrome. So if anybody is willing to post a link for to download the correct version i would be extremely grateful :)

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
ive searched the chrome app store and i cant find star legends. Im assuming that im not running the required version of chrome. So if anybody is willing to post a link for to download the correct version i would be extremely grateful :)

Hey Matutd,

Try this link http://account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends/

Currently not available in store due to bugs etc.

Make sure that you have the version 15 (stable) from www.google.com/chrome

adidaman
10-26-2011, 09:12 AM
If you search on the Chrome Web Store for Star Legends, you won't currently find it. It has been removed for the moment.

For our dedicated fans who follow us here on the forums, you can still play via your Chrome Browser by going to the following URL:

http://account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends/
Make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome. When in doubt, re-install Chrome from http://www.google.com/chrome

quote from sam

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:13 AM
As said here, you just need to surf to the above link. I just tried it out of curiosity, and seems to work perfectly. The keys will probably take some getting used to though. Good luck!

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:13 AM
thanks bod :) one more thing... now i get this message `Native Client flag is not enabled. Please go to about:flags, enable Native Client support, and relaunch your browser.`
Can anybody help plz.

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
thanks bod :) one more thing... now i get this message `Native Client flag is not enabled. Please go to about:flags, enable Native Client support, and relaunch your browser.`
Can anybody help plz.

Just type: about:flags in the address bar

Then find the 'native client...' flag, and click enable just below the description. Restart Chrome, and you're done :)

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Thx :D hehe double post :p

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Can anybody help plz.

In a new tab type about:flags and press enter.

This will bring up a menu which allows you to enable the 'Native Client'

Edit: Ninja'd by JB :p

Also another problem people are experiencing is that the loading screen will not fully load the game to play (Sticks at 42% or 99%). Check that you have the most up to date Audio and Video drives.

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Thx :D hehe double post :p

Don't tell anyone LOL

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
thx for all the help guys :) its loading up now :excitement:

EDIT: aww :( it seems to be stuck at 99% :(

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
thx for all the help guys :) its loading up now :excitement:

EDIT: aww :( it seems to be stuck at 99% :(

Read my post above buddy, i edited it :p

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:30 AM
OK another noob question...
Where can i get drivers from?

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
OK another noob question...
Where can i get drivers from?

Generally on the manufacterer's websites. On PC for example, if you have an ATI graphics card, you'll go to ATI.com... If you have integrated graphics and/or sound, you'll need to get the drivers from the main board's manufacturer.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Generally on the manufacterer's websites. On PC for example, if you have an ATI graphics card, you'll go to ATI.com... If you have integrated graphics and/or sound, you'll need to get the drivers from the main board's manufacturer.

Yup to find out your current makes and versions if on windows press Pause/Break and Windows at the same time, to bring this menu up. If not press right click on desktop and properties.

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok so before i mess my computer up (lol)...
does this sound like a graphics card (and dont laugh if its a rubbish one, ive dont use my computer, except for homework. so i ve never updated it since i bought it.)
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 series

EDIT: i found it control panel, in the section that said display adapters

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok so before i mess my computer up (lol)...
does this sound like a graphics card (and dont laugh if its a rubbish one, ive dont use my computer, except for homework. so i ve never updated it since i bought it.)
ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 series

EDIT: i found it control panel, in the section that said display adapters

Yup, sounds like an ATI card to me LOL

Anyway, I didn't know you were using a laptop. For laptops it's generally better to check the manufacturer's site for that laptop, if you want updated drivers. I'm not sure if you'll find drivers on the ATI website for all 'mobility' cards, because sometimes there are small (hardware) changes made for a specific brand of laptop.

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM
when i right-click it i get the option to `update driver...` should i try that first?

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:52 AM
when i right-click it i get the option to `update driver...` should i try that first?

That option just uses Windows Update or searches for an updated driver on HD/CD/DVD/Flashdrive... Doesn't harm to try it, but probably won't do much, since windows rarely has the latest drivers in there.

What's your laptop brand? I'll post a link to the drivers here, when you give me your brand.

Matutd
10-26-2011, 09:57 AM
That option just uses Windows Update or searches for an updated driver on HD/CD/DVD/Flashdrive... Doesn't harm to try it, but probably won't do much, since windows rarely has the latest drivers in there.

What's your laptop brand? I'll post a link to the drivers here, when you give me your brand.
Thx for the help :) i managed to find it now, so u dont have to searching :) Thx so much bro :D

JaytB
10-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Thx for the help :) i managed to find it now, so u dont have to searching :) Thx so much bro :D

NP, happy you found it. Hope you'll get it running now, good luck! :)

Matutd
10-26-2011, 10:04 AM
NP, happy you found it. Hope you'll get it running now, good luck! :)
Thx :) well its downloading now, hopefully ill be on in no time :D

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Nice job JB :D *Stuck in work atm*

Hope it works now Mat buddy :)

Matutd
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Nice job JB :D *Stuck in work atm*

Hope it works now Mat buddy :)
Thx bod :D

Ok now what haha. ive downloaded it and now i have a RAR file, is it automatically done now or is there anything else i have to do?

EDIT: nvm i found the setup.exe file :D

Matutd
10-26-2011, 10:16 AM
sorry for keep asking questions but now i get another message titled `severe` (doesnt sound too good, i know)
it says: `Setup was unable to complete installation. try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA before running setup`
Will i be able to find one of these, by simply searching google?

EDIT: oops sorry for double post

JaytB
10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
sorry for keep asking questions but now i get another message titled `severe` (doesnt sound too good, i know)
it says: `Setup was unable to complete installation. try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA before running setup`
Will i be able to find one of these, by simply searching google?

EDIT: oops sorry for double post

Oooh, double post too!! :p

Anyway, you can set it up manually as a standard VGA type. You'll need to go to 'control panel'-> device manager. Once in the device manager, you'll need to expand 'display adapters' and right click on your display adapter's name, then choose 'properties'. You should get a new window, where you'll have to select the 'driver' tab, and click 'update driver...'. Next you'll need to choose 'browse my computer, and next 'let me pick a device driver'. Probably need to uncheck 'show compatible hardware' in the screen that will appear. Then select left 'standard types' and right 'VGA'.

Hope this is correct, cause I'm doing this from the top of my head now.

Matutd
10-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Oooh, double post too!! :p

Anyway, you can set it up manually as a standard VGA type. You'll need to go to 'control panel'-> device manager. Once in the device manager, you'll need to expand 'display adapters' and right click on your display adapter's name, then choose 'properties'. You should get a new window, where you'll have to select the 'driver' tab, and click 'update driver...'. Next you'll need to choose 'browse my computer, and next 'let me pick a device driver'. Probably need to uncheck 'show compatible hardware' in the screen that will appear. Then select left 'standard types' and right 'VGA'.

Hope this is correct, cause I'm doing this from the top of my head now.

Wow! thx i installed it and i was forced to restart the computer, so it seems to be right :) now just to check if its working :D

EDIT: and still stuck at 99% :( thx for all ur help tho :)

EDIT: i wasnt propmted anywhere about the VGA though???

EpicChiliDog
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Ok, here's my problem.

I use the link provided to download chrome. everything is good so far. Then I click on second link to download Star Legends on Chrome via the spacetime site. At the bottom of the star legends page it says it says "incompatible browser, chrome 15 required". I've tried to re-download a few times but get the same results.

So, please let me know that it's my computer and that I'm not just being extremely slow minded today.

Futumsh
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Ok, here's my problem.

I use the link provided to download chrome. everything is good so far. Then I click on second link to download Star Legends on Chrome via the spacetime site. At the bottom of the star legends page it says it says "incompatible browser, chrome 15 required". I've tried to re-download a few times but get the same results.

So, please let me know that it's my computer and that I'm not just being extremely slow minded today.

Hit the 'About Google Chrome' menu option, see what version it says you have. It should be '15.0.874.102 m'

EpicChiliDog
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
So, it seems I am not the sharpest tack in the box. It auto-updated me. hur durr.

Thanks Futumsh.