PDA

View Full Version : Might Need Help from a Techie... -_-

Draco Mikato
10-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Okay.. I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. I have a Droid2 that's gone through hell and back condition-wise, but it has proven its durability. I have no idea what the problem is this time. I thought my phone was frozen from my cold room, since we haven't turned on our heating yet. First thing I tried is turning it on, then a battery pull, and both didn't work. Then I plug the charger in...

The charger LED lit up. It only signifies that a charger has been plugged in. So I guess something is working. But my screen is still pitch black. It's early, and I'm frustrated. I tried warming it up by going back to sleep with it between my torso and underarm to see if the cold was the problem. Nothing.

So I have no idea what the problem is. I have another charger that makes my screen go rogue, which I think is only because it's the wrong voltage. But that shouldn't completely kill a device's functionality, right?

This is my first replacement. I sent one in and got a free upgrade to a D2. So I don't know what will happen this time, because again, D2s are no longer produced, with the coming of the D3.

What should I do? Should I just get a new phone? I can't really afford a brand new one right now.

Oh.. I might not even be able to get a replacement through insurance. My D2 is rooted. :/

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:17 AM
No more Vamp :(

If you get time PM DeathPunch (Tech head), sure he will be able to assist buddy :)

JaytB
10-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Uhm... Plugging in a charger with a voltage higher than specified, generally fries some electronics inside your device :/

I don't have a droid, but on the iPhone there's a way to 'hard' reset your device. You could try and find out if there's a similar function for your device. But, as said, it's more than likely too late now.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Uhm... Plugging in a charger with a voltage higher than specified, generally fries some electronics inside your device :/

I don't have a droid, but on the iPhone there's a way to 'hard' reset your device. You could try and find out if there's a similar function for your device. But, as said, it's more than likely too late now.

Hard reset (sux, but worth it than getting a new phone all together I guess)

From device startup
1. Turn the Droid 2 off. If it’s frozen and you cannot turn it off, pull and replace the battery.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the X button down until a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark appears.

3. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu. (You may have to try this a few times before it works)

4. Select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Power key to confirm it.

5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.

6. Select Yes – delete all user data.

7. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.If this doesnt allow you to do step 2/3 unsure what you are abl to do =/

Draco Mikato
10-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah it won't turn on, so I can't do that. I think I'm just going to have to save up and get a new one.

Growwle
10-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Okay.. I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. I have a Droid2 that's gone through hell and back condition-wise, but it has proven its durability. I have no idea what the problem is this time. I thought my phone was frozen from my cold room, since we haven't turned on our heating yet. First thing I tried is turning it on, then a battery pull, and both didn't work. Then I plug the charger in...

The charger LED lit up. It only signifies that a charger has been plugged in. So I guess something is working. But my screen is still pitch black. It's early, and I'm frustrated. I tried warming it up by going back to sleep with it between my torso and underarm to see if the cold was the problem. Nothing.

So I have no idea what the problem is. I have another charger that makes my screen go rogue, which I think is only because it's the wrong voltage. But that shouldn't completely kill a device's functionality, right?

This is my first replacement. I sent one in and got a free upgrade to a D2. So I don't know what will happen this time, because again, D2s are no longer produced, with the coming of the D3.

What should I do? Should I just get a new phone? I can't really afford a brand new one right now.

Oh.. I might not even be able to get a replacement through insurance. My D2 is rooted. :/

Using a non OEM charger, could damage your phone since what comes with the phone is a Transformer, not a charger (the phone has internal charging circuitry. Plugging a charger into a charging circuit is no good, could fry the board and will definitely void your warranty.

Draco Mikato
10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Using a non OEM charger, could damage your phone since what comes with the phone is a Transformer, not a charger (the phone has internal charging circuitry. Plugging a charger into a charging circuit is no good, could fry the board and will definitely void your warranty.

That's what I've been using. The one that came with the phone. This morning I woke up and it wasn't plugged in so maybe the battery died on me. The last thing I did before I went to sleep was a phone call. And it was on low battery. I have no idea what made it go wrong. Maybe a fuse inside my phone blew? My phone is like 2 years old.